Vacation Storebuilder, LLC is an advanced e-commerce Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform which enables vacation rental and ownership companies to quickly implement and manage e-Commerce websites. Our turnkey solutions provide robust websites which showcase properties, drive traffic and increase conversion.
Our company is not an ordinary organization. If you want to contribute to a company that is poised to grow quickly, believes in providing top-quality services and enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment where you can showcase your skills, consider a career at Vacation Storebuilder.
Our benefit package includes: Medical and Dental insurance, Matching 401(k) plan, generous paid time off program, free parking, on site cafe with breakfast and lunch offerings. We are business casual M-Th with a jeans Friday dress code.
Did I mention our fun work environmnet? We have a daily joke board and a game area to decompress. Random Employee of the Day Awards are handed out for the most peculiar reasons. We also hold monthly birthday celebrations and occasional happy hours. How much more fun can you have and still call it work?
Why join the Vacation Storebuilder team? Because opportunities like this aren't found very often.
Vacation Storebuilder is an equal opportunity employer. Must be a US citizen or full time resident as we are unable to sponsor work permits at this time.
Reports To: VP Technology
Salary: From $70,000 DOE
Vacation Storebuilder is seeking an energetic and highly motivated Java Architect / Java Developer responsible for full software life cycle with focus on web application development (J2EE) and distributed processing in SOA (Web Services/API development). Candidate will need to translate business requirements into technical design for the Vacation Storebuilder product and its ongoing product releases. Ability to develop code artifacts – modules, classes, methods, scripts, etc. – along with corresponding unit test artifacts. Contribute to continuous improvement of application development best practices in the areas of coding tools, languages and APIs, as well as software design and development processes. Participate in technical and business discussions with supervisor, Technology manager, Product Manager, and peers.
- Experience with customer-facing web applications, especially e-commerce websites.
- Proven initiative, ability to work with minimal supervision and adhere to schedules.
- Demonstrated experience working within a team environment (Agile/SCRUM desired).
- Solid experience in writing testable software (hands on with Continuous Integration).
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with application development for the online travel industry a plus.
Required Development Skills
- 3 years Java / J2EE with focus on website application development and server-side programming (SCJP certification is desired).
- 2 years web services / SOA / XML design and development.
- 2 years RAD.
- 2 years MySQL (database design and implementation).
- 2 years Linux.
- 1 year HTML/CSS.
Desired Development Skills
- 1 year HTML 5.
- 1 year Spring.
- 2 years JUnit tests
Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent work experience in similar work environment.