VACATIONS TO GO Employee Reviews

You must take focus
Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2017
Vacations To Go is a good place to work if you can stay focused and do your job. The environment and be overwhelming if you let it because of so many agents.
Pros
earning are unlimited
Cons
management is backward. Those who couldn't do the job well gets to become managers.
Great team/people that work with you
Travel Agent and Luxury Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2017
Learned alot about the cruise industry
Met some really great people their/team mates
You are responsible for everything and accountable for it as well
Pros
great people
Cons
high turn over rate
very unstable company to work for, horrible management, nice coleagues
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2017
management is horrible, they lack education and experience, they send good leads to their favorites, they take away your sales.
peers are nice
training is good
benefits are bad
what they advertise to be able to earn $125,000 its a lie even if you worked 24/7
too much employee turnaround because the job is so insecure
they hire too many people for the amount of clients so it gets really hard to make sales
Pros
sometimes you get food on sundays, no cold calling
Cons
100% commission, horrible and shady management, sometimes they take away your commisions, management favoritism, too many employees
Work hard, play hard!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Working for Vacations To Go for over 10 years now, I have seen a lot of progress over the years in the right direction. If you think something would be done more efficiently another way, you can speak up and there's a good chance it might be done, or taken into consideration to see what can be done. VTG promotes from within, so another reason to work hard. There's opportunity to make great money if you just follow the guidelines and put in the work. And then when you work hard, you can play hard here! The travel perks are wonderful! I've been on about 10 wonderful cruises so far! I plan to work here until I retire. If you are looking for a long term career, and you aren't afraid to put in the work, this place will be home for you. Follow the guidelines and strategies in place....we've been around for 30+ years for a reason!
Pros
Great culture, relaxed environment, friendly people, performance based bonuses, open door policy
Cons
Some schedules aren't great, but that can change over time.
Nice Inside Sales Position
Travel Counselor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2017
This has been my favorite sales position out of 3 other sales jobs I've had. The environment is casual and management is great and leaves me alone, as long as I'm doing my job. Good benefits, including 401k.
Pros
Free coffee in the winter, free ice cream in the summer, great company picnics and awesome Christmas party with free trips and prizes
Cons
100% commission, cant' work from home, unpaid vacation.
Fun industry and product to sell!
Travel Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2017
I've been working for Vacations To Go for 5 years. I really enjoy selling vacations because it's such a fun product and most of the clients I talk to actually want to talk to me. I really enjoy my coworkers too. Overall the company is great!
Pros
Fun product and travel perks!
Cons
Hours in the beginning
Good Place To Work
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2017
Are you looking for a cruise at an unbelievably low price? Since 1984, Vacations To Go has helped more than five million travelers save hundreds of millions of dollars on discount cruises!

Our world-famous 90-Day Ticker is a complete listing of last-minute cruises on the world's best cruise lines. If you see a cruise there that interests you, don't delay! Average availability is less than seven days and many cruises sell out within hours of listing.

If you prefer to book further in advance, or if you have a specific cruise in mind, use our Find a Bargain tool. You'll find a treasure trove of early bird discounts, two-for-ones and other cut-rate promotions, on every cruise line in the world.
Starvation wages for most agents
Cruise Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 19, 2016
Don't buy into the hype. Very few people make a living wage at Vacations To Go. Even managers are poorly paid. The turnover is over 80% within the first year of employment. If you do not work 7 days per week, you will struggle to make minimum wage. The training is terrible. Most agents learn from other agents in order to survive. Almost everyone working at this company is sending out resumes. There are many good sales jobs in Houston, this is not one of them.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Pay, hours, job security, no future
Poor Management, No room for career advancement
Bilingual Spanish Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2016
Human Resources Staff are not employees advocates and the management has no structure. No room for career advancement once you master selling cruises, there is no employee incentives.
Fun place to work but poor management
Team Manager International Spanish Department (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2016
Nice place to work just do your job and do not get involved with gossip..Plenty room to make lot's of friends.

I use my leadership skills to motivate full staff of 30
Pros
Good incentives
Cons
no time to enjoy the perks
Sweat Shop
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2016
Start off with minimal pay and work long hrs to make it to $100,000. And that amount is a farse no one is making that kind of money.
Pros
Cons
Long Hrs minimal pay
Shows Favoritism
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2016
I worked for this company for a short period, and soon discovered at the company Christmas party that they show favoritism! During initial training you are told that you have four months on the training floor and that management is there to help you. That is not true! The training managers are non-approachable and have no patience for new people. Their main concern is about the numbers, not about the learning curve and helping their new employees. If the training managers don't like you they will go to HR and tell them that you are not a fit. HR is on the side of management always, not the employees. There are other great travel agencies that have a competitive edge over Vacations To Go.
Pros
Decent schedules
Cons
Very poor mananagement
Nice people, phone call driven travel agency
Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2016
Vacations To Go is a very good travel agency. I feel their mid -.management has a bit to be desired. It is a place that fits a younger person better with fast computer skills. All based upon the amount of phone calls that come in. Other employees are wonderful people to work with.
When its good its good, but when its not...
Accredited Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2016
The first three months of the year are the best in terms of revenue! Management shows favoritism! If you're willing to work 50 hours a week or more then VTG may be for you.
Pros
Discounts on cruises
Cons
Hours
Travel Agent
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2015
Enjoyed working with the public putting customers on great cruises. I loved the opportunity to win prizes and cruised and the great Christmas party.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Commissioned based
fun fast paced environment
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2015
Great fast paced environment to work. You can make lots of money as an agent and win trips. Management can be sort of a click so just beware.
Ethical Customer Oriented Company
Cruise Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2015
Vacations To Go is a very customer oriented company, encouraging employees to establish relationships that last by providing all eligible benefits the clients are entitled to. This is a very ethical company.

The best part of the job is working with the clientele, you establish relationships that brings them come back to you again and again for their vacation planning.

The most difficult part for me was the commute, I live about 35 miles away and the Houston traffic has become so congested it would take over an hour to get to work.
Fun and easy money!
Sales Professional - Vacations To Go (Former Employee) –  Houston,TxAugust 26, 2015
Fun and easy money! Great company to work for, I would recommend this to anyone. The commissions are awesome here.
I think the company now has around 600 sales people.
Productive and fun environment. A commission ony sales environement where you truly get out what you put in.
Travel Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2015
Although it is a competitive sales environment, it is a fun and rewarding place to work for. You truly get out what you put in at this company. If you put in the necessary work during the peak or "wave" season, you will be rewarded financially. My only complaint is hard working individuals are not rewarded soon enough with better shift schedules. Initially, you are required to work weekends, and instead rewarding the employees that exceeded in sales with schedules that allowed them to have some weekends off they promote based on seniority.
Pros
Money to be made by just simply picking up the phone. No cold calling required.
Cons
Weekend shift schedules
Good pay if you can close, long hours
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2015
Not a bad place to work. You can make good money here just don 't look for opportunities to advance and make more money. If you are asked to become a manager, you will actually see your pay drop if you are any good at all as an agent. Commission only. No paid time off. You have to get through the first six months. Upper management is disconnected from the agents.
Pros
Can make good money as long as time off and time with your family are not important to you
Cons
No paid time off. Little room for meaningful advancement. Not a good work/home balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VACATIONS TO GO. Our community is ready to answer.

VACATIONS TO GO Reviews by Location