Vaco, LLC Employee Reviews in United States

Highly productive and immensely fun work environment
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 9, 2015
Vaco hires the best individuals relative both to professionally capable and personally enjoyable. It is a work hard play hard atmosphere where you can advance your career simply by the work you put in. I have worked for only a couple companies that I can say that I stand behind what the company represents. Vaco is one of those companies from the CEO down to the temp staff hired for admin work. There was not one single person that I met at Vaco that I didn't step away from the conversation without a.) a positive professional conversation and b.) a friendly and personable interaction. I would recommend Vaco to anyone, client, consultant, or potential internal hire.

Typical days at work revolve around your personal structure. You determine 90% of your schedule. You get out what you put in.

Co-workers build you up while still testing and pushing your professional aptitude at a healthy medum.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to come to work and interact with my peers. I have built lifelong friendships and a steadfast professional network.

The managers will make sure you perform but never micro manage. You cant go wrong with Vaco.
Unorganized and Unprofessional
Redaction Specialist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 16, 2016
First, they changed my starting date twice, then they changed the length of the assignment. It was supposed to be for 2 months but only lasted 5 days. I expressed my displeasure and they said I could do something similar but the job was 2 hours away and I was NOT interested. I had two supervisors - one was nice but she was all talk - she never delivered on what she promised. The other was sloppy and looked like she rolled out of bed and had a bad attitude.
Since they changed my start date twice and changed the length of the assignment, I saw this as a breach of contract as I did not agree to this. And because of this, I decided to leave early my last day and the sloppy supervisor had a problem with it. Then I let into her and reminded her of what Vaco had done etc. and by the time I was finished, she was silent.
Pros
Fast money
Cons
unprofessionalism, unorganized
Productive and Fun place to work
Redaction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMarch 3, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Vaco I wish it lasted longer but it was only a Temp job.Management was very nice and so were my fellow coworkers. I really wished that I could have worked for them full time. However, this is a wonderful company to me and they should keep up the good work.
Cons
Google treats its workers well but difficult to move forwards
Movie Operation Associate At Google Play (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 4, 2015
Working at google is everything they say it is. All the perks make you forget everything on the outside and previous working culture. Although i enjoy the working culture there, It is quite difficult to make any progress unless you are on top of your job. The position I do is very demanding and has no down time with stretched goals. What I have learned is being able to work in a fast paced environment while being to upload quality work. The position has helped me think on my feet and make fast paced decisions in small amount of time. Also communicating with my teammates in order to ensure quality work. i would not recommend staying here unless you can plan ahead of network the correct way with Vaco.
Pros
Free food, gym, laundry, drinks
Cons
No health benefits or too expensive, No care for workers personal intentions, difficult to move up
Great Staffing Company
Contractor through various Staffing agencies (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 10, 2016
They have kept me on top as one of their best candidates to represent them.

They have sent me to some wonderful clients to work as a contractor. Through this, thankfully, I've realize that there are some companies that know how to appreciate their employees. Some of them have truly created great work environments and in turn have a strong, hard working commitment from their employees.

I've learned some very good things in certain fields that I wasn't aware of.
Mixed Bag
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  LASeptember 21, 2015
Smart people who have industry experience, but a small group, only select people would fit into the mix.

Commissions to Sales people delayed due to having to wait for client payment - Recruiters get paid as deals close.

Rules change often, consistency is needed, along with fair and equitable management.
Pros
National corporate culture is fun and upbeat, but local culture is stressed.
Cons
Delayed commissions, clique culture, lack of consistency
Provided 24x7 IT Support
Service Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 5, 2015
Provided 24x7 service desk support to a customer in the broadcasting industry. Also provided account administration, SCCM and desk side support Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 7:00pm. Support was provided to 5,000 clients across the US..

The service desk and account administration staff were in a small office offsite from the customer.This allowed us to provide instructions and have discussion with staff that were not in ear-shot of the customer.It is a fast-paced, ever-changing, demanding environment.We supported the standard Microsoft products, as well as proprietary applications as well.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Few salary increases; slow to fill vacant positions
so so
Manager of Client Services (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 26, 2016
hard working people, they work hard for the clients, but culture is VERY hard in the office . Management is very hard, they do not treat staff very well
Pros
pretty office, good location, good benefits
Cons
too many hours, demands, and toxic environment
Accounting Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNDecember 16, 2015
Good recruiting service to work for. Work life balance is great and learned a variety of things by working different projects. Great group of folks.
Pros
Good recruiting service
Cons
Good recruiting service
Great consultanting
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2016
Great consultants! Would like to see more networking events for consultants.
The hardest part of the job is trying to understand the clients deliverables.
Pros
Variety of work in Consulting
Enjoyable work place
Assist the accounting departments (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 3, 2016
I enjoy the people that I work with, the company is laid back as long as you come in and do your work. process invoices, contact vendors to obtain missing statements. contacting techs by email to receive parts in the system.
good place
executive (Current Employee) –  GAJune 27, 2016
excellent culture to work in ; great growth, great people good reputation in the select market. Vaco will continue to grow in the small to medium business market.
Team oriented
Implementation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 7, 2016
I enjoy working with everyone involved with the projects that I was able to be apart of. I would love to work with everyone again in the future.
Unprofessional
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAMarch 14, 2016
Clients will reel you in and use you until they are finished. Vaco will never address it.

Oh, and clients will also end your assignment without notice and have Vaco call to tell you "don't go in tomorrow".

Real classy.
Pros
A job, if you really need one.
Cons
Being treated in a usery fashion to earn Vaco $$$$.
Great culture and environment to work hard and still have fun
Global Projects Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 1, 2015
The environment here is great! Company culture is very important to the Executive team - I worked alongside them for 1.5 years. Great company, staffed with even greater people.
Limited Benefits
Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 9, 2016
This job doesn't offer any real benefits. There is no paid time off or sick days. You also are offered no compensation for the sales that you make.
great company
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 15, 2016
people at this company are great, there are no problems, everyone is top-notch, and a pleasure to work with. i like this company.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
pay
Found me a position just from my resume
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAFebruary 24, 2016
Vaco found my resume and was able to get me a position with a great company. Nice people to work with and easy to communicate with.
Rather Silence More Than Support
Interview Candidate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2015
Vaco Staffing contacted me after finding my resume online, and set me up with an interview through DriveTime. After my interview, they immediately attempted to follow up on how my interview went. I thought that was a good sign. I called them back, as I was at work and could not answer the phone, and left a message. DriveTime said they would get back to me by end of business day the next day, which did not happen, and so I tried calling Vaco back, assuming they would know my job status, only to leave another message without response. Whether I got the job or not was all I wanted to know, and they did not follow through on any of it. If they plan to keep clients, they should really try to foster the relationship, not leave it dead and cold as they did with me. 100% do not recommend.
Pros
They set up the interview quickly.
Cons
But that was the last they did to help me.
great company for contract work.
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 2, 2016
I have enjoyed working with the staff at Vaco. They are very energetic and I hope to work with them soon in the near future.