Vail Resorts Employee Reviews

Resort Living
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COAugust 21, 2015
Everybody was happy at Keystone. The customers were on vacation and the employees were there to enjoy the mountain, too. I loved working at the resort because we always had guests and employees that helped to make work that much more fun.
Great benefits for managers, lots of flexibility
Homeowner Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Keystone, COAugust 12, 2015
I cannot speak to the experience of a line-level employee, but as a manager at Vail Resorts I have enjoyed my experience thus far. I receive somewhat fair pay and excellent benefits. I have unlimited PTO and a lot of flexibility in my day. There is a lot of red tape dealing with corporate and getting certain initiative pushed through. Overall, I enjoy working for Vail Resorts.
A fun people skills job
Children's Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  Breckenridge, COAugust 9, 2015
A get environment that co-workers and management all get along and have good communication between get other. The upper management seem more personal rather than just a boss. The co-workers are people that are easy to get along with and become your friends quickly. The typical day starts with a group meeting explaining the numbers for the days, tips to help and temperatures for the day. Most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the kids excel and have fun. The hardest part can be the kids and the parents because the parents sometimes want something different.
Pros
free lunches, discounts, skiing everyday
Cons
difficult people, below zero winter days
Love this place!
Children Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vail, COAugust 6, 2015
Great work place so fun and great co workers. Always busy never a dull moment on the mountain. Hardest part of the job was the long hours. The most enjoyable is meeting cool people.
This company is very devout to its guests and in handling everything very professionally and gracefully.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, COAugust 6, 2015
I enjoyed working for Vail. It gave me the opportunity to travel to a new place I had never been to before. It was a magical and fulfilling experience for me. The guests would always come to me for help and it made me feel a part of something. I truly enjoyed my time with them.
Skiied a lot.
Lift Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Keystone, COAugust 4, 2015
It was a fun place to work. Great guys to work with. I was there for a total of 17 yrs. Lower management was great. Gave me every opportunity to advance in my job. I'm just looking for a job in the front range now. Just a little warmer.
Pros
worked 4-10 hr days
Cons
upper management in Vail Resorts
Awesome place with great potential
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vail, COJuly 31, 2015
Great place to work at everyone helps each other and the view was amazing. I would recommend working here for sure.
will be going back this winter
Quiet but fun workplace
overnight front desk agent (Current Employee) –  Avon, COJuly 17, 2015
A typical night at work usually goes by slow but once you get to interact with guests it goes by very fast and becomes entertaining.
Fun Coworkers, Low Pay
Auditor and Wholesale Collections Accountant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 13, 2015
While the free pass and young, active employees make Vail a fun place to work for a few years there is not a whole lot of room for advancement and their compensation packages leave a lot to be desired especially with the increasing rent in the Denver area.
Pros
fun people, free ski pass
Cons
low pay, not much room for advancement
Strong work life balance, but poor compensation
Alpine Slide Attendant (Current Employee) –  Breckenridge, COJuly 8, 2015
Vail is a great place to work if you are looking to work for them for a short, fun experience in a cool place. However, all of their upper management is hired from outside the company, which makes for a less than ideal management structure and culture. The wages are barely livable for where they operate out of (living expenses etc.).
Pros
Fun co-workers, outdoors
Cons
short breaks, long hours, low pay, bad management
lift operator
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Vail, COJune 7, 2015
I ran several chair lifts at Vail Resorts. We shoveled snow and loaded ski's/snowboards on to the gondola. I was responsible for making sure children "bibbers" were on the chair before it left the terminal.
Ski pass
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Vail, COJune 2, 2015
Great coworkers. Best part of the job is working with people. Great benefits with vacation time after one year. Management is excellent.
Great place to work, amazing place to live!
Product Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Vail, COApril 28, 2015
Management in my department and the others that overshadow mine is the best that I have ever had the opportunity to work with. All of my co-workers made each and every day joyful and fun. The hardest part of the job is a language barrier with all the foreign clients that come in from all over the world. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to sell a top end product to our customers and communicating with them while the transaction is happening. Over all the entire work staff is always up going and just wants to have fun while making it enjoyable for customers when they come in.
Great
Vail Mountain Security Daytime Dispatch & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vail, ColoradoApril 27, 2015
Great place to work and play. A company run by folks that play as hard as they work. A great company to work for. Advancement was always around the corner if you put your time in and kept working hard.
Great Community
Lead Inspector (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COApril 26, 2015
The community that this resort creates is so amazing that I would suggest anyone to go work there. The fact that the job helps house you is one of the best perks of the job. The work is great and the people they hire are some of the most awesome people anyone can ask to work with. The payrate is also worth it as long as you can find staff housing or a good place to rent. I would say that if your going to work here you should find some people to room mate with and plan ahead for housing if your not going to go into staff housing.
Pros
Offers Staff housing
Cons
Limited Staff housing
Lots of room for growth
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Moran, WYApril 19, 2015
vail provides lot of room for growth within the company, but pays terrible. They put you in amazing places, but they are the most expensive places to live in the states.
Money Grabbing Corporation
Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vail, COApril 17, 2015
Vail used to be a great company to work for. However over the last few years the quality of the product that is offered at the resort has been in steady decline. Cost cutting and price hikes are what this company is all about.
Pros
Beautiful work place.
Cons
Negative feeling among staff, poor pay, puppet managers/supervisors.
Needs more things for employees to do while off duty.
Laundry Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 28, 2015
It was a good place to work and beautiful place to live in the mountains of Colorado. Vail resorts is a growing company that is doing very well the draw back is that the hospitality portion of the operation is secondary to the mountain operation. So many times up grades in equipment or hospitality operations is left behind. They don't seem to be concerned with the obligation they have with the hospitality that they serve. They need to expand the infrastructure in hospitality before they grow more with condo's and hotels.
Pros
Beautiful scenery nice people
Cons
Very icey at times
Fun place to work, great benefits, terrible pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CAMarch 27, 2015
Vail Resorts is a great place to work if you are not in it for the money. You get great discounts, access to lots of deals, skiing every day, but very, very poor pay.
Good peers but bad managment
Ski Lift Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, COMarch 22, 2015
As a lift operations lead I was tasked with the daily snow work, supervision of lift attendants and operators. I did not get the opportunity to perform any of my duties and instead was mostly tasked as an attendant. I do not believe my supervisor was very attentive to any of his employees needs or their hard work and rewarded people he liked instead of people who deserved it. I enjoyed my Summer on the zipline but unfortunately my winters were not enjoyable.
Pros
ski pass, zipline managment was awesome
Cons
bad pay, bad managment in lift operations, promises not kept