Vail Resorts Employee Reviews

Fun place if you value skiing and being outdoors
Operations (Former Employee) –  Northstar, CAFebruary 1, 2016
HORRIBLE pay, not competitive in the area among other ski resorts and not competitive for the Truckee area. Seasonal employee's can only afford to stay here if 1) their parents are footing the bill 2) 10 of them rent a house together to live.

There is a huge discrepancy between well paid employee's and the majority of the working minions. There is little growth opportunity.

The mountain is small and geared toward families that don't mind paying top dollar to have ski school baby sit their kids.
Pros
ski pass
Cons
bad pay, little growth opportunity
Resort living..Great!
Clubhouse Manager/Director of Food & Beverage (Current Employee) –  Vail, COJanuary 29, 2016
Excellent company as resort properties go. Employee's tend to be very seasonal and it makes for a very tough work force. Housing is at an all time low. But, when it works, it can be a great experience.
Pros
Ski and golf time
Cons
Long winters
Fun, fast paced resort environment
Mountain Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Keystone, COJanuary 1, 2016
I enjoy this job. My favorite benefit is definitely the free ski pass. Can't beat that. I get to work in the Rocky Mountains and that is a blessing to me.
Pros
Ski Pass for all Vail- owned resorts
Walmart
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 29, 2015
stocking staff and do my job i learned from there how to speak to the costumers and my managers and the supervisors they were too good nice doing them job and nice with the employees and my co- workers were very respectful to work with. We were very helpful with each other. The hardest part of my job was probably just stocking merchandise behind the fridge. What i enjoyed most about job was working with the cashiers in from the store. It was very pleasant working with then because we would always help each other out.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
30 mins for lunch and 30 mins breaks and get paid for it
High Growth Mode
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 15, 2015
A majority of employee's leave this company due to low compensation. Raises on average equal 3% per year, so negotiate high when onboarding.
Pros
Ski Pass
Cons
Pay
Great benefits and hours
Professional Housekeeper/Inspector/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COSeptember 28, 2015
Vail resorts is a great company to work for if you are looking for seasonal employment with tons of benefits. It's such a friendly environment that provides employee housing as well as a free pass to all vail resorts owned resorts. The best time to work for them is during the winter because hours are long, and money is great, especially since they offer a Piece time program.
A great place to work.
Ski Instructor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Vail COSeptember 22, 2015
Over the years I have met people from all over the world. Both co workers and clients. After 26 + years of teaching skiing it's time to move on. The body can't take it any longer and it's time to let the younger instructors take over.
Pros
the people you meet
Cons
Seasonal work.
Large company with many employees makes for little recognition
Financial Audit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Tahoe, CASeptember 22, 2015
Great company as a whole with meaningful a mission and strong core values. Free season pass to all their ski resorts is a great benefit.
Draining and disrespectful workplace
Two Elk B*tch (Former Employee) –  Vail, COSeptember 16, 2015
I worked in Two Elk Lodge in Vail, CO during the winter of 2013. I was promised by HR I would be bartending, turned out she was mistaken. After being promised things that never came, managers swearing and yelling at employees daily, just showing up became hard. The way they use the foriegn workers up and then kick them out of their apartments with only a week before they leave, it's horrible. Not even mentioning the fact that you will do the most work you have ever done for the lowest hourly you have ever received. They try and blind you with the aspect that you're working on Vail!! Truth is you never actually get to enjoy the mountain because you're either working or too tired on you're days off. I reccomend looking at jobs with nearby hotels, or local bars/ restaurants. You'll actually be able to enjoy the mountain and won't feel like you're as expendable as a $2 hooker. Peace.
Pros
Season pass. Working with people from all over the world.
Cons
Everything else.
Best Job for Ski Bums
Ski School Booking Agent/Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Vail, COSeptember 15, 2015
Vail is the perfect place is you want to get away and work at a ski resort and break into one of the most powerful resort ownership and management companies in the world. The jobs are seasonal but if you work hard they'll keep you on for as many seasons as you can work. The pay isn't the best but they subsidize your housing and if you work at the mountain you can get away with anything in the area and you'll always get free drinks at bars or epic deals on ski equipment. You'll meet some of the most powerful people in the world and some treat you poorly but some are amazing and if you network properly you can go very far from working on the front lines. Your co-workers are the best people in the world and management is super cool. The perks and benefits are out of control and you'll get pro deal discounts on like 500 brands 50-80% off on some of the top of the line gear. You'll work long hours but the job is really easy, you get a ton of free gear and basically live and work with your best friends while living and breathing skiing/snowboarding in one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Also I got pulled over doing well over the speed limit on my way to work when I was late one day and the officer let me go because I was a local.
Pros
You work at one of the most famous mountains in the world, work with awesome people, easy work, amazing lifestyle, insane discounts on ski gear, huge room for growth and great stepping stone to move up
Cons
Long hours, some rude customers, management isn't open to suggestions
Fun environment
International & Domestic Sales (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COSeptember 14, 2015
This is a great place to work if money is not an issue. It is a great work environment and great benefits but the pay is still low. Many under paid managers.
Pros
Free Lunches, season pass
Cons
Low pay
Individual Sales Execution and Growth
Regional Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edwards, COSeptember 10, 2015
Working for a publicly traded company - the number one emphasis working in sales was driving strong financial results at low costs, meeting budgets and growing overall contribution each quarter. The business experience with Vail is invaluable. I learned how to drive sales on my own, going out and creating relationships with existing and new accounts. As time went on, I was able to grow my communication skills, sales strategies and time management to focus on the accounts with the most revenue potential.
Pros
Great business experience
Job Security
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Jackson Lake lodgeSeptember 10, 2015
It is a great job with great bosses and great community that surround you 24/7. They give you housing which makes up for the pay (10.00/hr cooks everyone else minium) but overtime does not start till 56 hours worked in a week. because of this depending on your department you will be working 6 days a week. one other downside is that you can't opt out of the mandatory meal plan and employee services charges which will take aproximately 400 dollars out of your pay check every month (which is like rent)
Pros
great people and bosses
Cons
long work weeks without overtime
fantastic place to work.
Guest Attendant, Beaver Creek Resort (Former Employee) –  avon,coSeptember 9, 2015
Arrive at work at 7:30 am and set parking lot up. Stand and direct cars and people offering exceptional customer service. Eat lunch and move to the base of the chairlifts to help patrons make it back to their vehicles and provide any customer service type issues they need. I learned great customer service skills. Management was very responsive to any problems the employees had. My coworkers have become my very close friends. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry or irate patrons. The most enjoyable part of my job was living and working in the beautiful rocky mountains.
Fun Job
SNOW CAT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Vail, COSeptember 3, 2015
I enjoyed working for Vail Resorts. My position was seasonal and I received a free ski pass and housing was affordable. They asked me to return with a promotion but I moved.
Pros
Ski pass
Cons
Low pay
Ok
Coaster Attendant (Current Employee) –  Breckenridge, COAugust 24, 2015
Job is easy but compensation is terrible but not unexpected. Job security seems iffy at best. But immediate managers seem to care about what they do.
Resort Living
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COAugust 21, 2015
Everybody was happy at Keystone. The customers were on vacation and the employees were there to enjoy the mountain, too. I loved working at the resort because we always had guests and employees that helped to make work that much more fun.
Great benefits for managers, lots of flexibility
Homeowner Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Keystone, COAugust 12, 2015
I cannot speak to the experience of a line-level employee, but as a manager at Vail Resorts I have enjoyed my experience thus far. I receive somewhat fair pay and excellent benefits. I have unlimited PTO and a lot of flexibility in my day. There is a lot of red tape dealing with corporate and getting certain initiative pushed through. Overall, I enjoy working for Vail Resorts.
A fun people skills job
Children's Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  Breckenridge, COAugust 9, 2015
A get environment that co-workers and management all get along and have good communication between get other. The upper management seem more personal rather than just a boss. The co-workers are people that are easy to get along with and become your friends quickly. The typical day starts with a group meeting explaining the numbers for the days, tips to help and temperatures for the day. Most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the kids excel and have fun. The hardest part can be the kids and the parents because the parents sometimes want something different.
Pros
free lunches, discounts, skiing everyday
Cons
difficult people, below zero winter days
Love this place!
Children Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vail, COAugust 6, 2015
Great work place so fun and great co workers. Always busy never a dull moment on the mountain. Hardest part of the job was the long hours. The most enjoyable is meeting cool people.