Vail Resorts

Vail Resorts Employer Reviews

LCG review
Project Manager, IT Technician (Former Employee), Park City, UTMarch 16, 2015
All employees of LCG were so sad to see the company fold. We were doing very special things in the real estate market all over the country.
Excellent Experience
Product Sales and Services (Current Employee), Breckenridge, COMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free lunch in kids center
Cons: every job is poorly paid
The best experience along with best work group I have ever experienced. I will never forget this time of my life. Management in product sales in absolutely amazing. Constantly having organized events to where you feel like your existence matters within the company.
The best place I have ever worked!
HR Assistant / Policy Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Vail, COMarch 11, 2015
Pros: everything!
If I could go back tomorrow, I would. Nothing but good things to say...great work-life balance, fun colleagues, incredible managers, engaged and happy employee population.

I loved everything about this job and company!
My typical work day
Market Research (Former Employee), Vail, COMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free lift pass
A productive day at Vail Resorts asked for me to conduct a minimum of twenty interviews. These interviews would be done at the bottom of the Gondola, in the lift lines, on the lifts, and in the mountain restaurants. I would conduct research on guests at Vail Mountain. I would ask questions about their stay, what they like at Vail, and how Vail Resorts could help make their stay a better experience. My office was the mountain. This was a great job.
You have to be resilient.
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee), Keystone, COMarch 3, 2015
A typical day consists of preparing and planning how your day will function properly to leave on time. There are classes that are available that i have all completed. the classes consist of how to work with, retain, and advance not only yourself but employees that show potential for advancement within the company. The management staff recognizes this potential and works with them to get into a better position that will help them advance their careers. We try to keep the atmosphere upbeat because working in housekeeping can be exhausting. The hardest part is getting all of our J1's on board to what they actually signed up for. The most rewarding part is having them go home knowing that they know have life skills they can take with them.
You better love teaching
Beaver Creek Ski & Snowboard School, Instructor (Current Employee), Beaver Creek, COFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: skiing, benefits, free pass
Cons: low wages
You don't get paid well at all so you have to make sure your clients are aware that tipping is appreciated if you do an excellent job. Otherwise the commute/buses isn't worth the minimal standard compensation.
Great Hours and Fun place to work
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee), Stateline, NVFebruary 14, 2015
Vail resorts is a fun and face paced work environment. You knew all the details of your position and basically went there to fulfill your obligations as their employee. It was a seasonal job and would return if they ever asked me to.
always engaging
Regional Representative (Former Employee), Breckenridge, CoJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: resources
Cons: kneejerk reactions to media
Vail Resorts is a top notch customer service company. With over 1.5 mil skiers at Breck alone there is always ways to get better.
strong management team focused on customer satisfaction. A typical day is focused on safety and teamwork. Finding a common goal and working to achieve that goal
Greatest place I've work at. It has a mountain to snowboard next to the shop
Skii Technitian (Former Employee), Avon, COJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: tips, money prizes, free food wednesdays and saturdays, flexible schedules
Cons: none that i can remember
I used to help people to get their snowboarding and skiing gear, advise them on the kind of tracks they could according to their skills, selling other kind of products like sun lotion masks, gloves and other gear in case they didn't want to rent.
Our bosses were really hard working people, never had excuses for not to help and also really accessible to talk.

the greatest about it was being able to satisfied the customers to have a great experience in the mountains and going snowboard after or before a shift.
Great company
Administrative Assistant & Reservations (Former Employee), South Lake Tahoe, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Vail is an excellent company with a great balance between work and play!
Good atmosphere most of the time, but hectic during Christmas
rental technician (Former Employee), Keystone, COJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: free ski pass, positive atmosphere
Cons: high stress, difficult customers
Employees get to ski for free, which is a definite perk of the job (and, if you work in a rental shop, you can also rent equipment for a dollar a day), and adds to a generally positive atmosphere working there. However, it can be stressful when customers don't understand how long it can take to set up skis correctly and safely, and they often get angry at employees because of it. And due to the influx of guests to the resort around Christmas time (our store being woefully understaffed for the Christmas season), we would often have to stay in the store until midnight to get everything put away.
Great Company
Ski Instructor (Former Employee), Breckenridge COJanuary 15, 2015
Great company, I loved everyone I worked with including management and the other associates. They offer every opportunity for advancement through assisting in additional training.
Rewarding place to work
Ski Instructor (Former Employee), Brighton, MIJanuary 1, 2015
A typical day at work included but not limited to: providing ski lessons for clients, providing ski lessons for 3-5 year old children on the weekend, setting up the race course, coaching the Brighton High School Ski Team.
Active and Engaged Work Environment
HOSPITALITY COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Broomfield, CODecember 29, 2014
Vail Resorts knows how to run a company, and knows how to create a unique and encouraging environment for its employees. I always felt challenged, and loved being around people who are interested in staying healthy and active. I felt part of a team, and loved the work-life balance. Everyone works really hard, and plays really hard. One of the best jobs I have ever had!
Fun work environment
Marketing Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Keystone, CODecember 9, 2014
Fun work environment surrounded by people of the same interest. If you love the mountains Vail Resorts is the place to work.
fun work enviornment with awesome mountain
ticket scanner (Former Employee), Keystone, CONovember 21, 2014
I would come in around 7am and set up the cattle guards and dig them in the snow and then I would stand in the lines ands scan the guests passes
Fun place to work
Certified PISA Ski Instructor/Golf (Former Employee), Keystone, CONovember 13, 2014
Pros: free ski pass
Cons: no health care low wages
gain valuable experience teaching multiple kinds of people from kids to adults of all ages
Seasonal job in one of the most beautiful parks in the U.S.
Colter Bay Employee Dorm Attendant (Former Employee), Moran, WYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: room and board included. free use of all guest activities, horseback, rafting, boating. making new friends from all over the world.
Cons: being so far from home for 5 months. no cell phone service or wi-fi.
Greeting fellow employees on their way to work. Walking around a corner and seeing a mother bear with her year-old cub, or two little white tail deer, feeding next to my office. Management is wonderful and helpful in all aspects of our employment. Almost all employees are here for the area, not specifically the job, but for the "off" times. So much hiking, kayaking, photography, fishing, it can go on and on!!
The hardest part was actually finding out the summer went by so fast and its time to return home until the next season!! Walking to work and seeing the sunrise hit the mountains. Seeing all the wildlife. Meeting fellow employees from all over the world. Being outside in the afternoons cleaning, sweeping and picking up trash. Every day was wonderful!
Good culture, good benefits, awful compensation.
Staff II Accountant (Current Employee), Broomfield, COOctober 27, 2014
Pros: willing to hire inexperienced and young people, fantastic healthcare and vision
Cons: very low comparable compensation.
Vail is a great provider of opportunity as they are willing to hire people with little or no experience in fields like Accounting or Human Resources. However, they do this so that they can save money on labor costs. I was paid significantly below comparable positions at other companies. Vail is a great stepping-stone, but not a great long-term employer.
In Mtn F&B We worked as a team/family. The Corperate Philosophy is dedicated to the customer experience.
Commissary Manager (Former Employee), Park City, UTOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great management support/family environment
A typical day in the Commissary is anything but typical. With the help of my team we were able to satisfy all of the needs of 6 Mtn Lodges at the largest Ski Resort in the West. We would recieve the food/supplies order first thing in the morning, at that time we would satisfy the lodges immediate product needs. We would then seperate and organize each lodges orders and stage them for delivery up the mtn in Snow Cats and Snowmobiles. Simultaneously I would Coordinate the maintenance of all Vehicles/lodges. I worked as 2nd in command to the VP of F&B who entrusted me with the department, meaning, he allowed me to manage/direct my department where we exceeded expectations. The hardest but most satisfying part of my job were the challenges that we overcame on a daily basis.

1 2 3 4 5

About Vail Resorts

Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of┬áNorth America's┬áleading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts – Read more

Vail Resorts Salaries