Vail Resorts Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work with great people.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COMay 3, 2016
Work was fun but very intensive. Benefits were nice and the office always had fresh food for their employee's. I also dispatched for the local fire departments which was exciting and challenging.
Retail
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 3, 2016
My experience at Any Mountain is about the same as other retail workers. I learned how to talk to customers from various different backgrounds and ethnicities, and help them find the apparel or gadgets they needed.
great mountain company
professional ski patrol (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTMarch 29, 2016
The best ski company. The culture is great andean not wait until next year. Hopefully park city will grow again. My management is the best I ever had at a job.
Not an experience of a life time.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Northstar, CAMarch 27, 2016
The sad thing is I truly loved the work I did. I worked there for 4 seasons and was fired for going 2 hours over my sick time. I was well liked by my co workers.I received a number of awards for customer service. I often came in early and stayed late. I would volunteer to cover shifts. When I was off the clock I would take calls from my coworkers for trouble shooting help and support. I answered those calls happily because I cared about what my guests and co workers. I was demoted a year into my job and was expected to carry the responsibility on my shoulders while they hired a replacement. That happened twice. When I was seriously ill I was written up and had my job threatened. Then asked to work extra hours while trying to recover from pneumonia. This company may be great but my management was absolutely horrible. Managers are on the work hard play hard schedule. That means they can show up whenever and leave whenever. My boss was gone the majority of the summer. When he was there he created tension and demoralized our crew for not getting enough done. If your not a manager it a work hard work hard schedule. In 3 years I've seen my whole crew of 13 people turn over 3 times. That is astonishing to me. I really loved the work I did there but hated the way management marginalized my accomplimemts and efforts. Management would say hurtful and very insulting things, if you voiced a concern there would be retaliation. That same management has been taken to hr and written up on more than one occasion. Yet still is allowed to manage people. I was written up twice in 4 seasons. Both  more... right after being out sick with drs notes.
Overall I left Vail resort's feeling very used and unappreciated. Before I started working there I would ski 50 to 60 days a year. I haven't even put my boots on in the last 2 years. I'm sure other departments are different. Unfortunately I was not in one of those departments. It has been a truly demoralising "experience of a lifetime." To say the least.
Pros
Free pass if you have time to use it. Great benifits. Great people to work with all over the mtn.
Cons
Terrible managment, they tend to hire people as managers who have very little skills in the area they are managing, no room for growth employees get punished for illness, very high turnover rate, no real concern for health happiness or well being of there employees
Vail Resorts Is an amazing place to work full of opportunities to advance.
SNOWMAKER-RACE CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Beaver Creek, COMarch 23, 2016
A day as a snowmaker starts out with ckecking the forescast and if weather permits snowmaking is a go. After gearing up and dressing for negative temperatures turning snow guns on (if the shift before hasn't turned on any guns) is your primary task at hand. After all necessary snow guns are on it is then the task of a snowmaker to up keep quality control from there on out. Sometimes working 14+ hour days is not out of the question.
Pros
Playing in the snow. Riding snowmobiles.
Cons
Frostbite and hypothermia
Great work environment
Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTFebruary 27, 2016
Vail resorts offers great benefits for their employees and a comfortable working environment. I have had a great experience working for Vail.
Pros
Free epic pass
Cons
not always guaranteed work
Awful Company to Work For, Sad Days Ahead for Park City
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTFebruary 19, 2016
Terrible, Terrible management. Little pay for what they require you to do and will over work their staff. Overall it's an embarrassing company and no big surprise they have such a large turn over. Sad day for Park City, Utah when Vail forced their way in.
Pros
Fun people to work around
Cons
TERRIBLE MANAGMENT
A great place to meet new people from all around the world
Rental Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Lions Head Children's Ski SchoolsFebruary 11, 2016
Working for Vail Resorts is a great way to built a strong resume, meet new people, and move up in the company. I have learned important skills like, Leadership towards a team, scheduling, guest service, organization, and coaching. My relationship with my coworkers is best described as a small family. My favorite part of my job are my coworkers. The hardest part of the job for me is dealing with unhappy guests regardless of the reason, because at Vail Resorts our main goal is providing the experience of a lifetime.
Pros
Free lunches, Great people, Free Ski Pass
Cons
Long days, occasional rude guests
Fun Company
Reservations Documents Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COFebruary 8, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Vail Resorts, I wish I could've remained there longer. In my opinion, the company is fair to their employees, and the perks and benefits are amazing.
Pros
Perks, Perks, Perks!
Cons
Lack of Employee Housing in the Ski towns
Fun place if you value skiing and being outdoors
Operations (Former Employee) –  Northstar, CAFebruary 1, 2016
HORRIBLE pay, not competitive in the area among other ski resorts and not competitive for the Truckee area. Seasonal employee's can only afford to stay here if 1) their parents are footing the bill 2) 10 of them rent a house together to live.

There is a huge discrepancy between well paid employee's and the majority of the working minions. There is little growth opportunity.

The mountain is small and geared toward families that don't mind paying top dollar to have ski school baby sit their kids.
Pros
ski pass
Cons
bad pay, little growth opportunity
Resort living..Great!
Clubhouse Manager/Director of Food & Beverage (Current Employee) –  Vail, COJanuary 29, 2016
Excellent company as resort properties go. Employee's tend to be very seasonal and it makes for a very tough work force. Housing is at an all time low. But, when it works, it can be a great experience.
Pros
Ski and golf time
Cons
Long winters
Fun, fast paced resort environment
Mountain Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Keystone, COJanuary 1, 2016
I enjoy this job. My favorite benefit is definitely the free ski pass. Can't beat that. I get to work in the Rocky Mountains and that is a blessing to me.
Pros
Ski Pass for all Vail- owned resorts
Walmart
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 29, 2015
stocking staff and do my job i learned from there how to speak to the costumers and my managers and the supervisors they were too good nice doing them job and nice with the employees and my co- workers were very respectful to work with. We were very helpful with each other. The hardest part of my job was probably just stocking merchandise behind the fridge. What i enjoyed most about job was working with the cashiers in from the store. It was very pleasant working with then because we would always help each other out.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
30 mins for lunch and 30 mins breaks and get paid for it
High Growth Mode
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 15, 2015
A majority of employee's leave this company due to low compensation. Raises on average equal 3% per year, so negotiate high when onboarding.
Pros
Ski Pass
Cons
Pay
Great benefits and hours
Professional Housekeeper/Inspector/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COSeptember 28, 2015
Vail resorts is a great company to work for if you are looking for seasonal employment with tons of benefits. It's such a friendly environment that provides employee housing as well as a free pass to all vail resorts owned resorts. The best time to work for them is during the winter because hours are long, and money is great, especially since they offer a Piece time program.
A great place to work.
Ski Instructor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Vail COSeptember 22, 2015
Over the years I have met people from all over the world. Both co workers and clients. After 26 + years of teaching skiing it's time to move on. The body can't take it any longer and it's time to let the younger instructors take over.
Pros
the people you meet
Cons
Seasonal work.
Large company with many employees makes for little recognition
Financial Audit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Tahoe, CASeptember 22, 2015
Great company as a whole with meaningful a mission and strong core values. Free season pass to all their ski resorts is a great benefit.
Draining and disrespectful workplace
Two Elk B*tch (Former Employee) –  Vail, COSeptember 16, 2015
I worked in Two Elk Lodge in Vail, CO during the winter of 2013. I was promised by HR I would be bartending, turned out she was mistaken. After being promised things that never came, managers swearing and yelling at employees daily, just showing up became hard. The way they use the foriegn workers up and then kick them out of their apartments with only a week before they leave, it's horrible. Not even mentioning the fact that you will do the most work you have ever done for the lowest hourly you have ever received. They try and blind you with the aspect that you're working on Vail!! Truth is you never actually get to enjoy the mountain because you're either working or too tired on you're days off. I reccomend looking at jobs with nearby hotels, or local bars/ restaurants. You'll actually be able to enjoy the mountain and won't feel like you're as expendable as a $2 hooker. Peace.
Pros
Season pass. Working with people from all over the world.
Cons
Everything else.
Best Job for Ski Bums
Ski School Booking Agent/Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Vail, COSeptember 15, 2015
Vail is the perfect place is you want to get away and work at a ski resort and break into one of the most powerful resort ownership and management companies in the world. The jobs are seasonal but if you work hard they'll keep you on for as many seasons as you can work. The pay isn't the best but they subsidize your housing and if you work at the mountain you can get away with anything in the area and you'll always get free drinks at bars or epic deals on ski equipment. You'll meet some of the most powerful people in the world and some treat you poorly but some are amazing and if you network properly you can go very far from working on the front lines. Your co-workers are the best people in the world and management is super cool. The perks and benefits are out of control and you'll get pro deal discounts on like 500 brands 50-80% off on some of the top of the line gear. You'll work long hours but the job is really easy, you get a ton of free gear and basically live and work with your best friends while living and breathing skiing/snowboarding in one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Also I got pulled over doing well over the speed limit on my way to work when I was late one day and the officer let me go because I was a local.
Pros
You work at one of the most famous mountains in the world, work with awesome people, easy work, amazing lifestyle, insane discounts on ski gear, huge room for growth and great stepping stone to move up
Cons
Long hours, some rude customers, management isn't open to suggestions
Fun environment
International & Domestic Sales (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COSeptember 14, 2015
This is a great place to work if money is not an issue. It is a great work environment and great benefits but the pay is still low. Many under paid managers.
Pros
Free Lunches, season pass
Cons
Low pay