Vail Resorts Employee Reviews

Quiet but fun workplace
overnight front desk agent (Current Employee), Avon, COJuly 17, 2015
A typical night at work usually goes by slow but once you get to interact with guests it goes by very fast and becomes entertaining.
Fun Coworkers, Low Pay
Auditor and Wholesale Collections Accountant (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 13, 2015
Pros: fun people, free ski pass
Cons: low pay, not much room for advancement
While the free pass and young, active employees make Vail a fun place to work for a few years there is not a whole lot of room for advancement and their compensation packages leave a lot to be desired especially with the increasing rent in the Denver area.
Strong work life balance, but poor compensation
Alpine Slide Attendant (Current Employee), Breckenridge, COJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Fun co-workers, outdoors
Cons: short breaks, long hours, low pay, bad management
Vail is a great place to work if you are looking to work for them for a short, fun experience in a cool place. However, all of their upper management is hired from outside the company, which makes for a less than ideal management structure and culture. The wages are barely livable for where they operate out of (living expenses etc.).
lift operator
Lift Operator (Former Employee), Vail, COJune 7, 2015
I ran several chair lifts at Vail Resorts. We shoveled snow and loaded ski's/snowboards on to the gondola. I was responsible for making sure children "bibbers" were on the chair before it left the terminal.
Ski pass
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Vail, COJune 2, 2015
Great coworkers. Best part of the job is working with people. Great benefits with vacation time after one year. Management is excellent.
Great place to work, amazing place to live!
Product Sales and Service (Former Employee), Vail, COApril 28, 2015
Management in my department and the others that overshadow mine is the best that I have ever had the opportunity to work with. All of my co-workers made each and every day joyful and fun. The hardest part of the job is a language barrier with all the foreign clients that come in from all over the world. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to sell a top end product to our customers and communicating with them while the transaction is happening. Over all the entire work staff is always up going and just wants to have fun while making it enjoyable for customers when they come in.
Great
Vail Mountain Security Daytime Dispatch & Trainer (Former Employee), Vail, ColoradoApril 27, 2015
Great place to work and play. A company run by folks that play as hard as they work. A great company to work for. Advancement was always around the corner if you put your time in and kept working hard.
Great Community
Lead Inspector (Former Employee), Keystone, COApril 26, 2015
Pros: Offers Staff housing
Cons: Limited Staff housing
The community that this resort creates is so amazing that I would suggest anyone to go work there. The fact that the job helps house you is one of the best perks of the job. The work is great and the people they hire are some of the most awesome people anyone can ask to work with. The payrate is also worth it as long as you can find staff housing or a good place to rent. I would say that if your going to work here you should find some people to room mate with and plan ahead for housing if your not going to go into staff housing.
Lots of room for growth
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Moran, WYApril 19, 2015
vail provides lot of room for growth within the company, but pays terrible. They put you in amazing places, but they are the most expensive places to live in the states.
Money Grabbing Corporation
Ski Instructor (Current Employee), Vail, COApril 17, 2015
Pros: Beautiful work place.
Cons: Negative feeling among staff, poor pay, puppet managers/supervisors.
Vail used to be a great company to work for. However over the last few years the quality of the product that is offered at the resort has been in steady decline. Cost cutting and price hikes are what this company is all about.
Needs more things for employees to do while off duty.
Laundry Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Beautiful scenery nice people
Cons: Very icey at times
It was a good place to work and beautiful place to live in the mountains of Colorado. Vail resorts is a growing company that is doing very well the draw back is that the hospitality portion of the operation is secondary to the mountain operation. So many times up grades in equipment or hospitality operations is left behind. They don't seem to be concerned with the obligation they have with the hospitality that they serve. They need to expand the infrastructure in hospitality before they grow more with condo's and hotels.
Fun place to work, great benefits, terrible pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), South Lake Tahoe, CAMarch 27, 2015
Vail Resorts is a great place to work if you are not in it for the money. You get great discounts, access to lots of deals, skiing every day, but very, very poor pay.
Good peers but bad managment
Ski Lift Operations Lead (Former Employee), Breckenridge, COMarch 22, 2015
Pros: ski pass, zipline managment was awesome
Cons: bad pay, bad managment in lift operations, promises not kept
As a lift operations lead I was tasked with the daily snow work, supervision of lift attendants and operators. I did not get the opportunity to perform any of my duties and instead was mostly tasked as an attendant. I do not believe my supervisor was very attentive to any of his employees needs or their hard work and rewarded people he liked instead of people who deserved it. I enjoyed my Summer on the zipline but unfortunately my winters were not enjoyable.
LCG review
Project Manager, IT Technician (Former Employee), Park City, UTMarch 16, 2015
All employees of LCG were so sad to see the company fold. We were doing very special things in the real estate market all over the country.
Excellent Experience
Product Sales and Services (Current Employee), Breckenridge, COMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free lunch in kids center
Cons: every job is poorly paid
The best experience along with best work group I have ever experienced. I will never forget this time of my life. Management in product sales in absolutely amazing. Constantly having organized events to where you feel like your existence matters within the company.
The best place I have ever worked!
HR Assistant / Policy Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Vail, COMarch 11, 2015
Pros: everything!
If I could go back tomorrow, I would. Nothing but good things to say...great work-life balance, fun colleagues, incredible managers, engaged and happy employee population.

I loved everything about this job and company!
My typical work day
Market Research (Former Employee), Vail, COMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free lift pass
A productive day at Vail Resorts asked for me to conduct a minimum of twenty interviews. These interviews would be done at the bottom of the Gondola, in the lift lines, on the lifts, and in the mountain restaurants. I would conduct research on guests at Vail Mountain. I would ask questions about their stay, what they like at Vail, and how Vail Resorts could help make their stay a better experience. My office was the mountain. This was a great job.
You have to be resilient.
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee), Keystone, COMarch 3, 2015
A typical day consists of preparing and planning how your day will function properly to leave on time. There are classes that are available that i have all completed. the classes consist of how to work with, retain, and advance not only yourself but employees that show potential for advancement within the company. The management staff recognizes this potential and works with them to get into a better position that will help them advance their careers. We try to keep the atmosphere upbeat because working in housekeeping can be exhausting. The hardest part is getting all of our J1's on board to what they actually signed up for. The most rewarding part is having them go home knowing that they know have life skills they can take with them.
You better love teaching
Beaver Creek Ski & Snowboard School, Instructor (Current Employee), Beaver Creek, COFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: skiing, benefits, free pass
Cons: low wages
You don't get paid well at all so you have to make sure your clients are aware that tipping is appreciated if you do an excellent job. Otherwise the commute/buses isn't worth the minimal standard compensation.
Great Hours and Fun place to work
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee), Stateline, NVFebruary 14, 2015
Vail resorts is a fun and face paced work environment. You knew all the details of your position and basically went there to fulfill your obligations as their employee. It was a seasonal job and would return if they ever asked me to.