Vail Resorts

Vail Resorts Employer Reviews

Great Ski Area Operation
Volunteer-Seasonal (Current Employee), Vail, COJuly 12, 2014
Pros: locker room, boot heaters, discounted pricing and great boss
Cons: bad weather
Enjoyable place to recreate and meet people from all over the world. Extensive customer service in the resort environment. Wonderful co-workers from all walks of life. It's all good! This is 100% volunteer work.
World Famous Ski and Snowboard School
LIONSHEAD CHILDREN ALPINE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Vail, ColoradoJuly 4, 2014
Pros: happy employees, world class, olympic medaling product. highly affordable, quality group offerings for all skill levels and age groups
Cons: pricy private lessons
Based in the Lionshead village, instruction spans the scale of Vails ep;ic, world famous expanse of terrain. This school literally wrote the book on ski and snowboard instruction, and is the home base of many of the most elite skiers and snowboarders in the United States and the World.
Decent work environment but not much money.
Mountain Safety (Former Employee), Vail, COJune 27, 2014
Pros: skiing, good people, and beautiful environment
Cons: difficult guests, low pay
Vail Resorts is the biggest name in the Ski industry today. They pride themselves on excellent guest service and providing "an experience of a lifetime". Most VR employees have two jobs, one for the summer and one for the winter, the company refers to them as "full time seasonal". As a full time seasonal employee I worked on Vail mountain during the – more... winter and Red Sky Ranch Golf Club in the summer. As you can assume it's not your typical office environment, mostly for the better but like all jobs it has its shortcomings.

I worked for the Mountain Safety Dept. Which is a division of the Ski Patrol. We focused on enforcing the rules on the mountain to ensure the safety and wellness of our guests. We were responsible for maintaining speed and crowd control on the mountain as well as assisting the guests in any capacity. On the more congested runs we would make our presence known by putting up large slow signs (we called them baffles) and talking to anyone that was skiing too fast or out of control. If we came into contact with an individual who fell into those categories we would educate and document the interaction by taking the information from their ski pass. We also assisted the Ski Patrol who were responsible for the medical issues on the mountain. All of us were trained in CPR and basic first aid so in a pinch we were able to help a member of the patrol if it was needed. We also located lost equipment, helped lost guests (Vail is the third biggest ski resort in North America), and provided local area information.

The management was pretty decent. The department had one director and four managers for thirty employees (a bit much). The managers were all pretty good to us, they were flexible when it came to personal and familial issues and were always willing to work with us. However, having that many managers made it difficult to get promoted within the department. So there was not much room for growth.

My coworkers were really a good group of people. We came from all over the country and were very supportive of each other. There were some issues that arose from time to time but it was never serious. We forged strong friendships and still keep in touch to this day.

The most difficult part of the job was dealing with some of the unhappy guests. If we stopped to speak to someone they would either be very cooperative (more than half the time) or they would get defensive and start a difficult dialog. I have been called every unpleasant name under the sun, spit on, and threatened with bodily harm. Still this is in the minority but it happened more than once but you have to keep your calm. So I am well versed in difficult conversations.

The best part of the job was being able to ski for your job with good people. It truly was a great experience but I had to move on because I was living paycheck to paycheck and Vail is an incredibly expensive place to live. – less
Great company to work for.
Chief Engineer Pines Lodge/Osprey at Beaver Creek (Former Employee), Beaver Creek, COJune 27, 2014
Pros: varied work.
Cons: too much time in the office on the computer.
Lots of support for self improvement. fast pace environment. Always something different. Management very supportive. Co-workers fun to work with.
Productive a fun work place
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee), Jackson, WYJune 18, 2014
Pros: room & board
Cons: government shut-down
I liked working at the Grand Teton Lodge. Great people and beautiful scenery.
Growing fast paced and innovative company
Interim Employee Relations Director (Former Employee), BroomfieldJune 12, 2014
Outstanding growing company to acquire resort and hospitality experience
Fun place to work, great co-workers
Product Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Breckenridge, COJune 8, 2014
You get to ski free at all Vail Resorts properties! You get to volunteer for all sorts of community fund-raisers. You get weekly e-mails about all the up-coming events.
Vail Resorts
Snowmaker (Former Employee), Breckenridge ColoradoJune 7, 2014
Cons: no benefits
Vail resorts is an top tier ski resort company. On the average day I would learn about every aspect of the ski industry. Excellent company.
Its a joke to work for
Vacation/Reservation Agent (Former Employee), Broomfield, COJune 2, 2014
Turn over is really bad. they give you a month to make them tons of money and if you don't make it they will cut you really quick. They tell you that your doing good but then let you go. Worse job ever!!!!
Agile process orineted. Energetic and professional. Good atmoshphere.
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), InterlockenMay 25, 2014
Pros: processes, co-workers, management
Cons: it was a contract job. so no permanent benefits. however, still great place to work at!
High agile process oriented, Very talented people. Very well organized. Management is friendly and approachable. Co-workers energetic and professional. Hardest part of job is regression testing before release of software iteration, but very fun challenge. Most fun part of job is working with dedicated individuals who are committed to delivering a quality – more... product. Really enjoyed working at Vail Resorts. – less
Aggressive and fun workplace
Ski Technician (Former Employee), South Lake Tahoe, CAMay 21, 2014
Pros: discounted prices at the mountain.
Cons: cold weather.
Wax boards and skis.

Adjust ski's and snowboards to customer.

Go to lunch.

Adjust Ski's again.

Put Gear away.

Mop the floor.
An exciting and fast paced career in a beautiful setting
Property Manager (Former Employee), Keystone, COMay 7, 2014
Everyday was deadline driven as a result of the task of managing short term rental condominiums. Vail Resorts was committed to providing ongoing management training classes for employees. The best part of working there was the opportunities to meet people from all walks of life and locales.
exceent employment
Ski lift scanner (Former Employee), Keystone, COMay 3, 2014
Pros: free snow boarding and discounts at local shops
Cons: very early morning hours
I liked working for this co Coworkweers were from all over the country and the social experience was very rewarding.
fun work place
Ski School Instructor (Current Employee), Park City, UTApril 9, 2014
very fun place to work, especially if you enjoy being outdoors
Funnest job ever
Snowboard Instructor (Former Employee), Breckenridge, COApril 7, 2014
You can't beat strapping into your snowboard everyday and getting paid to do it!
beautiful place to work
Ski Instructor (Former Employee), Vail, COMarch 16, 2014
Great views, but a ski bum job for sure.

Taught young children how to ski. Had its up and downs, but it was generally a pretty fun job, had to do a lot of paperwork w/o much time too.
Free Mountain Passes
Cleaning Maintenance Staff (Former Employee), Breckenridge, ColoradoFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: free snowboarding classes, keeping found food, meeting new people from different countries
Cons: no room for advancement, low pay
During my time at Vail resorts I was able to work with people from all over the world. I got to try snowboarding for the first time and I was able to afford the employee housing. They made it easy for me to relocate from another state. I learned how to pay attention to detail and work quickly. I liked working in my team that consisted of people from – more... all over the world and were around my age. – less
Busy but always enjoyable
Activites and Dining Concierge (Current Employee), Vail, COFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: free season ski pass, 2 free ski lessons a month, discounted family/friends lift tickets, various other benefits.
Cons: employee housing is hard to come by and sometimes not worth it.discounted equipment would be nice, and hotel discounts for family/friends (it is expensive here).
The winter season is a very hectic time in the High Rockies. Beautiful, snowy and cold. People come from all over the world to not only ski/snowboard here but also to live/work. Vail Resorts offers great benefits and encourages their employees to go out and experience the mountain. I feel that because of that encouragement soo many of us feel a great – more... sense of pride as we do our jobs. My co-workers come from different parts of the USA and it is really great getting to work with others I might normally not have had the chance to get to know. My bosses have been super nice, helpful and supportive. Vail really has made an effort to train its employees and give us the tools we need to serve our guest to the highest and provide "The Experience of a Lifetime!" – less
Tons of Fun
Mountain Race and Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Vail, COFebruary 21, 2014
Skiing and working in the same day = heaven! Plus I learned about race coordination and was my entry into the events industry.
Working For Vail Resorts
Reservationist (Former Employee), South Lake Tahoe, CAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: free season pass, area discounts, excellent benefits
Cons: seasonal
Vail is an excellent employer and really takes care of their staff as well as their guests.

1 2 3 4 5

About Vail Resorts

Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts – Read more