Vail Resorts Employee Reviews in United States

LOVED working for Vail Resorts Ski Area...
Operator/Foreman Summer & Winter (Former Employee) –  Vail, COJune 3, 2016
*Outdoor with beautiful views. Summer & winter.
*Learned to manage time & enjoy the opportunities given me.
* Management was understanding and focused on improving the product of a great skiing experience.
*Hard working, good understanding of what needed to be done,
were not afraid to put out the effort.
*Hardest part of job-Going home.
*Enjoyable part-Going to work.
Pros
Enjoyed Skiing and the mountains.
Cons
Weather: No snow, no guest, no skiing and sometimes no work.
Fun place to work, truly was an experience of a lifetime
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, COJune 10, 2016
I was the floor manager, in charge of operational audits, safe audits, maintaining service of guests by keeping employees informed of daily events and specials. I learned how to manage effectively in a corporate environment. Hardest part of the job would have to be getting maintenance done in the corporate environment, takes a lot of patience. The most fun part would have to have been working the Bud Light sponsored concert season. Great music and a lively atmosphere.
Pros
Free Ski Pass, Free Meals, Benefits if needed
Cons
Chain of command took some getting used to
Great place to work with enjoyable co workers
Merchandise Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 4, 2016
Vail resorts was an awesome place to work. I was in contact with a lot of people all day long. It was never a dull moment there. I worked with accounts payable to most everyone in the dc. Worked with buyers and asst buyers on a daily basis. Vendors, ltl carriers and any walk in traffic.
Pros
DISCOUNTS WERE AWESOME
Cons
TURNOVER IN MANAGEMENT
Vail Resorts Is an amazing place to work full of opportunities to advance.
SNOWMAKER-RACE CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Beaver Creek, COMarch 23, 2016
A day as a snowmaker starts out with ckecking the forescast and if weather permits snowmaking is a go. After gearing up and dressing for negative temperatures turning snow guns on (if the shift before hasn't turned on any guns) is your primary task at hand. After all necessary snow guns are on it is then the task of a snowmaker to up keep quality control from there on out. Sometimes working 14+ hour days is not out of the question.
Pros
Playing in the snow. Riding snowmobiles.
Cons
Frostbite and hypothermia
A great place to meet new people from all around the world
Rental Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Lions Head Children's Ski SchoolsFebruary 11, 2016
Working for Vail Resorts is a great way to built a strong resume, meet new people, and move up in the company. I have learned important skills like, Leadership towards a team, scheduling, guest service, organization, and coaching. My relationship with my coworkers is best described as a small family. My favorite part of my job are my coworkers. The hardest part of the job for me is dealing with unhappy guests regardless of the reason, because at Vail Resorts our main goal is providing the experience of a lifetime.
Pros
Free lunches, Great people, Free Ski Pass
Cons
Long days, occasional rude guests
Fun place if you value skiing and being outdoors
Operations (Former Employee) –  Northstar, CAFebruary 1, 2016
HORRIBLE pay, not competitive in the area among other ski resorts and not competitive for the Truckee area. Seasonal employee's can only afford to stay here if 1) their parents are footing the bill 2) 10 of them rent a house together to live.

There is a huge discrepancy between well paid employee's and the majority of the working minions. There is little growth opportunity.

The mountain is small and geared toward families that don't mind paying top dollar to have ski school baby sit their kids.
Pros
ski pass
Cons
bad pay, little growth opportunity
great
Mountain Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, COMay 17, 2016
Outdoors, get to ski a lot if you work in the right department. Weather can be dangerous so safety is a must. Sometimes free food. Lots of discounts. Free pass. You have to love the outdoors and snow sports or its a waste of your time. Great time hard to make into a career.
Pros
outdoors
Cons
outdoors
Awful Company to Work For, Sad Days Ahead for Park City
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTFebruary 19, 2016
Terrible, Terrible management. Little pay for what they require you to do and will over work their staff. Overall it's an embarrassing company and no big surprise they have such a large turn over. Sad day for Park City, Utah when Vail forced their way in.
Pros
Fun people to work around
Cons
TERRIBLE MANAGMENT
lift operations lead
Lift Operations lead (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COJune 14, 2016
basically i would give my guys small projects to do a day maintaining the ramp and near by areas. i would give hour lunch's to the crew and made sure everyone was coached up on the lift so they could work it efficiently.
Pros
winter pass
Cons
not enough pay
Walmart
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 29, 2015
stocking staff and do my job i learned from there how to speak to the costumers and my managers and the supervisors they were too good nice doing them job and nice with the employees and my co- workers were very respectful to work with. We were very helpful with each other. The hardest part of my job was probably just stocking merchandise behind the fridge. What i enjoyed most about job was working with the cashiers in from the store. It was very pleasant working with then because we would always help each other out.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
30 mins for lunch and 30 mins breaks and get paid for it

Want to know more about Vail Resorts?

Ask a question
Great place to work with great people.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COMay 3, 2016
Work was fun but very intensive. Benefits were nice and the office always had fresh food for their employee's. I also dispatched for the local fire departments which was exciting and challenging.
Retail
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 3, 2016
My experience at Any Mountain is about the same as other retail workers. I learned how to talk to customers from various different backgrounds and ethnicities, and help them find the apparel or gadgets they needed.
Resort living..Great!
Clubhouse Manager/Director of Food & Beverage (Current Employee) –  Vail, COJanuary 29, 2016
Excellent company as resort properties go. Employee's tend to be very seasonal and it makes for a very tough work force. Housing is at an all time low. But, when it works, it can be a great experience.
Pros
Ski and golf time
Cons
Long winters
Fun Company
Reservations Documents Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COFebruary 8, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Vail Resorts, I wish I could've remained there longer. In my opinion, the company is fair to their employees, and the perks and benefits are amazing.
Pros
Perks, Perks, Perks!
Cons
Lack of Employee Housing in the Ski towns
Great work environment
Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTFebruary 27, 2016
Vail resorts offers great benefits for their employees and a comfortable working environment. I have had a great experience working for Vail.
Pros
Free epic pass
Cons
not always guaranteed work
great mountain company
professional ski patrol (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTMarch 29, 2016
The best ski company. The culture is great andean not wait until next year. Hopefully park city will grow again. My management is the best I ever had at a job.
awesome place to work
Marketing Analytics Intern (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 20, 2016
great place to work, life work balance, foos ball table, smart staff, free starbucks! Cutting edge ideas and super coworkers
Fun
Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COJune 29, 2016
Working for Vail Resorts was an experience of a lifetime.
Great, fun and adventurous work environment.
Co-workers can become long term friends.
Great benefits and hours
Professional Housekeeper/Inspector/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COSeptember 28, 2015
Vail resorts is a great company to work for if you are looking for seasonal employment with tons of benefits. It's such a friendly environment that provides employee housing as well as a free pass to all vail resorts owned resorts. The best time to work for them is during the winter because hours are long, and money is great, especially since they offer a Piece time program.
Fun, fast paced resort environment
Mountain Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Keystone, COJanuary 1, 2016
I enjoy this job. My favorite benefit is definitely the free ski pass. Can't beat that. I get to work in the Rocky Mountains and that is a blessing to me.
Pros
Ski Pass for all Vail- owned resorts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vail Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.