Vail Resorts Employee Reviews

Chaotic management, mislead about salary, zero opportunity for growth
Sales Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 25, 2017
The Virtual Sales Travel Agent position was a complete scam. Would never recommend anyone taking this job unless they truly don't care about making any money. Was told $50-60k salary. Hahahahaha maybe made $20k if lucky. Commission was complete BS.
Pros
Working from home if that is what you want
Cons
Pay, leadership
Great Company
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Keystone, COJune 22, 2017
I feel fortunate that I discovered my vail resorts job almost 4 years ago now. They are very flexible and allow me to work part time but still give us all of the benefits.
Pros
Ski/Bike Pass
fun enviroment
Snowboard Instructor (Current Employee) –  Afton, MNJune 20, 2017
a fun environment with lots of chances to create and grow relationship's with other coworkers. the supervisors and managers are always fun, energetic and easy to talk to.
the best experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Avon Colorado USJune 17, 2017
In vail resorts i learned a lot about the life because was my first experience in other country when i learned the us culture ,the good service and the responsabilities
Great Mountain
Alpine Ski School Instructor (Former Employee) –  Avon, COJune 15, 2017
Beaver Creek is a fantastic place to work. World class Skiing. World class instruction. Avon is a nice quiet mountain town. Nice staff. Good restaurants on the mountain.
great place
Snowboard Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vail, COJune 14, 2017
Great oppurtunity for work and play with multiple discounts and the ability to meet people from around the world every day and show them a true colorado lifestyle
Fantastic company and friendly atmosphere
Snowboard Instructor (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTJune 7, 2017
Although Vail resorts is a large company, they treat every employee very well and provide a fantastic work experience. Working for Vail, its all about the customer, and when you can help a customer and actually make a difference with their experience at the ski resort, it goes a long way. Vail also has great values such as "do good" which is a committment to be enviornemntally concious and to become a more sustainable business.
Pros
Free Epic pass
Cons
Housing
Fun Job, Great Benefits, Unique culture, exciting lifestyle
Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIJune 1, 2017
Great potential for a fulfilling career in the long run. Vail offers benefits and a 401K that allows what comes out to about a 3% contribution. On 300K this would be 3G but on one million over 20 years this would be 30G...why not? The culture is amazing. Free season passes to all Vail Resorts. Healthcare. There is no place like vail to work if someone is looking for a career that offers a lifestyle. Sure, the monetary incentive may not be the best at first ( you can be very rich if you become executive level) but the lifestyle is rich in itself. IF you like to snowboard this is the place for you ( or ski) there are no bounds to the places you can ride. Vail now owns whistler blackholmb and stowe. Added in 2017 to their onslaught of resorts.
Benefits
Cons
Need to pay more considering executives compensation vs general manager
Great Experience
PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Vail, COMay 31, 2017
It was a wonderful experience working in a mountain/ski town for a winter season. I recommend any recent college graduate to work for Vail Resorts as it is a special time that early in life.
Pretty fun placet to work
PROPERTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Avon, COMay 24, 2017
Great place to work - lots of upward mobility options. If you factor in the ski pass and discounts you get it's a significant part of pay. So, if you're not a skier maybe look some place else for higher pay.
Horrible
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Park City, UT 84098May 22, 2017
Horrible place to work. No structure, no training, horrible management. I would not recommend anyone working here for any position. You will be disappointed in every way.
Worked at Beaver Creek it a good place to work
Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Beaver Creek, COMay 22, 2017
Typically most resorts you are just assigned classes and work 6.5 hours a day and struggle to make a living in a ski resort. BC try to help instructors develop and stay with the company. They would help assign clients and if you took initiative and were successful you could manage your own calendar and business through the resort. They provide training, unpaid but if you pass the ski instructor exams by PSIA you do get a raise. They provide housing, it is only a small step above dorm room housing but it is inexpensive.
Pros
Pass, ability to make own schedule, culture
Vail Resorts
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 21, 2017
one of the best jobs i have every had. It was Seasonal so I only got to work for 4 months but they were a lot of fun. you get to work and play at the same time.
Not what is advertised.
Reservations Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 21, 2017
When Vail Resorts recruiters and management reached out to me, It sounded like a great job! Average account managers "make $40k a year average" with fantastic perks.
The truth is Vail Resorts was looking for experienced sales people to replace the "Ski bums and college kids" that have been doing the job before and build up accounts for the company. The blow back on the company has been deep and severe due to the (as what they describe "misinformation") lies that were given to us on day one. With good earnings reports and positive light coming from Wall St, the truth is that they were trying to mislead us buy having us sell and manage, but more important, fill volumes of CRM data so that they can pester our clients with information and not allow us to do our jobs. Vail Resorts lack proper CRM tolls for their teams, are not open to new ideas and fail to understand business and sales cycles.
Pros
Free Season Pass
Cons
Management does not understand experienced sales people and provide false information.
Great Job
Tubing Hill Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wilmot, WIMay 20, 2017
Great pay, flexible schedule, great management, overall great job I enjoyed it a ton can't wait to go back! Everyone enjoyed working there. Even during rough days it was an amazing environment!
Pros
Great benefits
Challenging
SUPERVISOR, Public Safety and Security (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTMay 17, 2017
Vail Resorts Park City, Utah (Canyons) was a challenge at times and depending on management at the time it was great...................................
It was a great experience
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COMay 16, 2017
I think that working for vail was a great experience also very corporate and to the pointbit was my first job as a sous being in charge of making sure the external complete their skill sets
Fast paced and always kept you on your toes
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Vail, COMay 14, 2017
Being outside in cold weather was an adjustment but i loved every second of it. Talking to people all the time really helped with my customer service skills and made the day go by. Leading to start lifts and get them running was fun.
Fun employees and an awesome place to work.
Ticket Scanner (Former Employee) –  Dillon, COMay 14, 2017
A typical to was to go to the work site to set up the lines with metal barriers then start scanning people through when the time came to open the lines. I learned to be patient with peoples problems and needs. Management was fun and professional. The workplace had a great vibe to it. The hardest part had to be the waether. The most enjoyable part was being on a ski resort so i could ski a lot.
Pros
Location, Employees, and culture
Cons
Weather
Good place to work during winter
Vacation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colorado, USAMay 14, 2017
Nice place to work during 1 winter, you get a free season pass and hotel discounts. Great prices if you reach targets, good schedules and the company will provide free food.
Pros
Free food, discounts
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vail Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.