Vail Resorts

Vail Resorts Employer Reviews

fun work place
Ski School Instructor (Current Employee), Park City, UTApril 9, 2014
very fun place to work, especially if you enjoy being outdoors
Funnest job ever
Snowboard Instructor (Former Employee), Breckenridge, COApril 7, 2014
You can't beat strapping into your snowboard everyday and getting paid to do it!
beautiful place to work
Ski Instructor (Former Employee), Vail, COMarch 16, 2014
Great views, but a ski bum job for sure.

Taught young children how to ski. Had its up and downs, but it was generally a pretty fun job, had to do a lot of paperwork w/o much time too.
Free Mountain Passes
Cleaning Maintenance Staff (Former Employee), Breckenridge, ColoradoFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: free snowboarding classes, keeping found food, meeting new people from different countries
Cons: no room for advancement, low pay
During my time at Vail resorts I was able to work with people from all over the world. I got to try snowboarding for the first time and I was able to afford the employee housing. They made it easy for me to relocate from another state. I learned how to pay attention to detail and work quickly. I liked working in my team that consisted of people from – more... all over the world and were around my age. – less
Busy but always enjoyable
Activites and Dining Concierge (Current Employee), Vail, COFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: free season ski pass, 2 free ski lessons a month, discounted family/friends lift tickets, various other benefits.
Cons: employee housing is hard to come by and sometimes not worth it.discounted equipment would be nice, and hotel discounts for family/friends (it is expensive here).
The winter season is a very hectic time in the High Rockies. Beautiful, snowy and cold. People come from all over the world to not only ski/snowboard here but also to live/work. Vail Resorts offers great benefits and encourages their employees to go out and experience the mountain. I feel that because of that encouragement soo many of us feel a great – more... sense of pride as we do our jobs. My co-workers come from different parts of the USA and it is really great getting to work with others I might normally not have had the chance to get to know. My bosses have been super nice, helpful and supportive. Vail really has made an effort to train its employees and give us the tools we need to serve our guest to the highest and provide "The Experience of a Lifetime!" – less
Tons of Fun
Mountain Race and Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Vail, COFebruary 21, 2014
Skiing and working in the same day = heaven! Plus I learned about race coordination and was my entry into the events industry.
Working For Vail Resorts
Reservationist (Former Employee), South Lake Tahoe, CAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: free season pass, area discounts, excellent benefits
Cons: seasonal
Vail is an excellent employer and really takes care of their staff as well as their guests.
job
Lift Mechanic II (Former Employee), Breckenridge, COFebruary 10, 2014
Learned a lot of good life skills along with learning how to fix and maintain equipment.
Best winter of my life
On-Mountain Feature Coordinator & Ski Instructor (Former Employee), Keystone, COFebruary 6, 2014
Working at Vail resorts was a pleasant surprise. I met people from across the globe and got to ski everyday. It is a company for passionate people.
Vail Resorts is a great environment for the outdoor type.
Safety Patrol Officer II (Current Employee), Vail Mountain Security DepartmentFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: outside a lot, snowboarding on the clock, snowmobiling
Cons: rare negative interactions
Vail Resorts is a large company that still has a small hometown feel to it. Each mountain, while owned by the same company, still feels like its own community and retains a small town feel. You get to know a lot of fellow employees while going about your day, and make a lot of friends while doing so. During my day I secure buildings and assets, all – more... while talking to people to make sure their environment is as safe and secure as possible. Management is more one on one due to the security departments size, which means everyone gets to know each other really well. My co-workers are great, like minded people and we all work really well together. The hardest part of the job are the occasional altercation and argument, but I like the challenge of turning a situation around to where all parties involved are satisfied with the outcome. What I love about my job the most is the Independence and range in which my department allows for me to work in. My bosses trust me to be out and about securing everything, and that means beautiful drives up and down the mountain in the summer, and snowboarding and snowmobiling in the winter. It truly is one of the most fun and exciting jobs I've ever had, and I am very glad I was given the opportunity to do it. – less
Vail resorts
Lead Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Vail, COJanuary 22, 2014
Great company to work for. Management is good, being in the mountains is great.
Fun Place to work
Lift Operator (Former Employee), Vail, COJanuary 2, 2014
The work wasn't the greatest. But the benefits made it worth it!
Corporate Headquarters Review
Not provided (Former Employee), Broomfield, CODecember 29, 2013
Pros: co-workers and culture - amazing people who love the mountain life, yet prefer to live in the city
Cons: pace. last-minute decisions can create a bit of a hectic environment.
This review is specific to the corporate headquarters. As expected, the experience and culture are different in Broomfield than they are at the resorts.

Overall, the people working at headquarters are very happy. The company is run very lean and the expectations are high. People are held accountable for results, but it's not a cutthroat environment. – more... People from different departments seem to get along really well. In the hiring process, great attention is paid to the right "cultural" fit, but all that really means is someone who is passionate about the outdoors, and is easy to get along with.

Other reviews about management not caring about people are ridiculous. Of course they care - they have families too, and they understand that everyone is trying to make a living. However, it is a public, corporate environment, so I'm sure some decisions of management can be construed as uncaring.

Vacation policy is great. Most all the exempt employees are given "flexible time off", which means that you're allowed to take as much vacation as you'd like, as long as your job is done. This obviously has reasonable limits, but it's nice not tracking your vacation time. – less
Good work environment in paradise!
Warehouse (Former Employee), Vail, CODecember 29, 2013
Excellent place to work in God's Country! Wages could not meet cost of living in Vail. Seasonal employment made it fun for the winters.
Great company
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 18, 2013
I learned everything I know from this company. Sales where high so employee moral was higher. The over all structure of the company was concise with company objectives being clear and clean cut.
huge corporate enviroment
Head Housman/ Maintenance (Former Employee), Keystone, CODecember 12, 2013
fun to enjoy mountain on days off but horrible corporation to work for
very easy work
Seasonal employee, Ticket Scanner (Former Employee), Breckenridge CODecember 11, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: management
it was a very easy job, everyone was very nice , but there was no room for advancing and the corporate side did not care about there employees. The hardest part was standing out in the cold for hours, but even that was not that bad. I loved the customers it was a very fun job overall.
real fun work enviroment
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Jackson, WYNovember 26, 2013
Pros: real laid back work place
Cons: pay was reall low
worked with people from all over the world there was always work to do but it was never real overwhelming
Fun and open work environment
Ski/Snowboard Instructor (Current Employee), Truckee, CANovember 9, 2013
Pros: paid lunch, free lunch, free skiing and snowboarding, breaks whenever
Cons: needs more management support staff
The typical day involves multiple task opportunities in the morning, then assigning or being assigned a class for the day. Then, the day continues as a learning environment with fun at the center. The managers are there for support and not micromanagement. Everyone has a great attitude and happy to be helpful.
Great benefits. Best place to ski,period.
Ticket Scanner (Former Employee), Vail, COOctober 28, 2013
Pros: free ski pass, best locker location
Cons: getiing up at 6am
Crowd control takes diplomacy & a good smile. Make sure operations are prepared for any situation( batteries charged, enough scanners for the staff, look professional). Be the best you can be!

1 2 3 4