Vail Resorts Employee Reviews

Workplace was fine
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COJanuary 20, 2017
I worked here for a short time. It was okay. I have no negative or positive opinion. I have nothing else to say but indeed is requiring me to add more to this review.
Pros
Close to the mountains
Cons
Cold during the winter
Productive and relaxing
Scanner (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Everyone was very friendly and helpful. There was no pressure or rush. No overtime was ever needed. The manager was super nice and treated everyone fairly
Pros
Free coupons
Cons
Wow How many times do I have to do this???
Manager of Housekeeping Services (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COJanuary 13, 2017
This is absolutely insane and has little relevance to what I am trying to accomplish here. I am simply looking for a job in the OR now that I have moved back to America. My past is my past and I am looking towards the future. Who ever came up with this busy work is succeeding in nothing.
A great place to pick up some hours
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 10, 2017
Management disregards our safety when it comes to getting to work through unsafe storms. She completely ignored when we asked about our safety.
Pros
I love the other people and their vibe.
Cons
Being short staffed
Ski Instructing
Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  Breckenridge, COJanuary 9, 2017
The typical day at work is changes everyday, making the job not redundant and boring. I have learned how to think on my toes in both instructing and keeping my costomers safe. Managment has been good but still seems not very organized. Many of the co-workers are great but others take the job for granted and not very seriously. Overall it has been a great experience working for Vail Resorts and as a ski instructor.
best place I've ever worked.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTJanuary 5, 2017
I loved working at Vail. Good people, good benefits, on site child care, free ski pass for you, spouse, and dependents. Very understanding and willing to work with you. Provide PTO, vacation And personal days to help financially in the snow season.
Pros
free transportation back and forth from salt lake, on site day care, benefits
Cons
seasonal, low hours
work and live in the National Parks.
Server and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Grand Teton National Park, WYJanuary 3, 2017
Amazing opportunity to live and work in the National Parks. You live in dorms on site, and spend all hours with fellow employees and meeting new friends from all over the world is awesome.
Laid back culture with management that does not care for employees.
HOA & Property Management Staff II Accountant (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 29, 2016
The company is very laid back but they have a culture of saying the right things and being politically correct but not necessarily acting on those promises.
Pros
Snowboard pass, corporate sponsorship discounts.
Cons
Terrible on boarding and training, impersonal management.
Great to make the move, find something else ASAP
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, CODecember 27, 2016
Title says it all. They are always hiring for a reason. Very high turnover. Employee housing is limited and the low pay makes it near impossible to find housing you can afford in a ski town. During peak season expect to be pressured into 6-7 day workweeks. The only redeeming factor is the ski pass but I would highly suggest working elsewhere and just buying a ski pass. If you really want to make the move to a ski town, Vail Resorts can be a good starting point but as a career move I wouldn't suggest it.
Pros
ski pass
Cons
short breaks, workload during peak season, dismal pay for cost of living
Fun Workplace
Junior Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado USADecember 22, 2016
This is probably the best job ive ever had. It came with aot of responsibilities but, with the love that i had for the job things seemed alot easier to do. The work might have been alot from time to time. I learnt that customer feedback as well as satisfaction can certainly boost the companies outlook and also its reputation which will eventually boost the sales.
Pros
Everything was a Positive. Especially the ski benifits
Cons
Understaffed on some days.
Free season pass
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 20, 2016
Great place to work if you don't need to earn a lot of money. Super fun with good benefits. Unreasonable pay for areas in which Vail Resorts operates.
Vail
Mountain Safety Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, CODecember 15, 2016
Its alright you know, greatest skiing in North America. Low pay, I guess they say that getting to live in cool places is the rest of the paycheck, which is stupid if you grew up there, in fact people from vail or breck should probably get a rebate on that invisible check. anyways had fun while working theree
Pros
skiing, the pass
Cons
low pay
Worked in talent acquisition
Recruiter/Administrative Project Management (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 12, 2016
One of the most racist depts in their company. Not a single person of color working there. Also leads and supervisors were a clique of 20 something sorority girls .
Pros
Non3
Cons
Racist..sexist...ageist
Corporate structure, fun but serious job
Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vail, CODecember 1, 2016
I loved being a ski instructor, everyday was different, some better than others depending on the class. I mostly enjoyed the skiing itself, and sharing that love with kids that had never skied before.
Pros
Free ski pass
Cons
Tough commute
Current Bell captain
Bell captain (Current Employee) –  Village at BreckenridgeNovember 23, 2016
I love working for The Village at Breckenridge. We make great money the benefits are amazing.. I see people grow and move up in the company all the time if that's your choice I prefer a tip job when I live in a resort area and I've been in the valley industry for a very long time always great money
Great workplace no complains
Heavenly Sports (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CANovember 21, 2016
I enjoyed working at Vail REsorts. I thought they were a very fair equal employer who made sure to positively reinforce their employees. All of my managers were wonderful people as well as fellow employees. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers on vacation, but that goes with any job. Overall great experience
Pros
Lots of breaks
Cons
no real benefits
Overall fun place to work and ski of course!
Guest­service photographer (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, CONovember 15, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of photographing guests in the beautiful outdoor alpine environment of Breckenridge, Colorado. I learned that change in environment sparks inspiration and progression towards future endeavors. The management at Vail Resorts works well because they devote a lot of time and effort in making it run smoothly for the staff as well as guests. This does sometimes require strict rules and guidelines that can have negative affects on coworkers, but the company is very open to new ideas and changes as far as mechanics and logistics in order to better serve its employees. The hardest part of the job was probably the physical aspect of bearing the cold winter climate. In a way, this was also one of the most enjoyable parts of the job; to be outside in the snow all day, photographing happy people, laughing, and having a good time!
Upscale Diner on a mountain resort
Lead line cook (Former Employee) –  Moose, WYNovember 12, 2016
skilled in all kitchen stations
can prep for small and large groups
leadership skills
inventory
light maintenance
skilled in various kitchen equipment
Pros
being apart of the Vail company
Cons
it was in the middle of no where
Amazing place to work
Snowboard Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vail, CONovember 10, 2016
During a typical day you would show up to a line up and meet the people that you where teaching for the day. After that i would ride with the group after talking and assessing there ability's. I would then take students and design a lesson based on what they would like to learn and or approve.
The time that i was there i learned a lot about how to communicate with people while trying to change there riding even though they may not have really wanted to change.
Most of the management was great but some of the management only cared about there numbers and statistics and not with helping you develop and improve as an instructor.
The Hardest part of the job was managing expectations of individuals.
The most enjoyable was effecting a positive change in students riding.
Pros
Snowboarding everyday
Cons
expensive living
Friendly work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vail, CONovember 7, 2016
I loved working at Vail Resorts. The wage compensation matched the amount of work required, benefits were wonderful, and the company takes great care of their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vail Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.