Vail Resorts Employee Reviews

Friendly and fun workplace
Head Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CAAugust 14, 2017
I loved working for Vail. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually working with a lot of great people from all over the world, being surrounded with beatiful atmosphere of nature. Fun and life changing experience.
Great place to start after moving
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CAAugust 5, 2017
Vail was a great company to work for starting out my new chapter when moving to the mountains. However, I recommend, finding another job in town soon after, odds are, it will pay more, and its a lot less work. Working for Vail (unless working at Kirkwood or in Australia) is VERY cooperate. Extremely poor communication between management and entry level employees. Very little opportunity to move up and make a career out of it. There is not much job security, even when wanting to work season to season. Very little investment in new employees who actually have the potential to be future managers. There is a reason why Vail is ALWAYS hiring.

If you are wanting to work for the ski pass, you come out better getting a better paying job in town and just buying one. Or working for another company.
Pros
Ski Pass
Cons
Management, Scheduling, Communication, No Affordable Housing
Amazing ski industry opportunities with Vail.
Food Service Worker 3/ Culinary Student (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COAugust 2, 2017
Vail is the leading ski resort management company in the world, and they got there by providing outstanding ski destination experiences.
Management all the way down to service workers are treated fairly and the ski pass benefits rival anyone else’s.
Pros
Great environment, beautiful locations, awesome multi-mountain free ski passes
Cons
Expensive to live in many areas, especially Breckenridge and Vail. There are housing shortages in most, and Vail’s employee housing is very limited.
Great experience
Housekeeping Inspector (Former Employee) –  Moose, WYAugust 1, 2017
Worked at summer at Colter Bay. It was great to be able to visit the Tetons. Work wasn't overbearing so there was ample time to visit the mountains and see Yellowstone. The general manager is excellent and it's worth working there for at least one summer.
Great company culture - Fun place to work
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Breckenridge, COJuly 28, 2017
Vail Resorts allows me to work in an incredible environment and to be a part of a great workplace culture. Not only in the winter, but the summer as well.
Pros
Epic Pass, Mountain Lifestyle
Mean spirited company
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Vail, COJuly 26, 2017
They have no consideration for people or for the community. Their website is very misleading. It's just about making money for them. In today's world people expect more!
Pros
They seem convincing at the beginning.
Cons
Attitude toward individuals and the community.
Not a great company to work for
Hospitality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, COJuly 24, 2017
Vail Resorts, while it has a great product invest so little in their staff that they are unable to hold onto quality employees and therefor many managers are under qualified and under experienced. Up management, on a corporate level seems completely unaware, or unbothered by, the huge moral issue taking place within their company.
Pros
My team at the Village at Breckenridge was great
Cons
Pay is bad and employee engagement is less than ideal
only thing good is the free pass
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  remoteJuly 19, 2017
High pressure sales with very little training. Everyone is WAY under paid including the HR staff. We earn PTO but can't get time off with the reasoning "the schedule has been made". No raises are given regardless of how long you have worked there or job performance.
Pros
free epic pass, good benefits
Cons
not allowed time off
Terrible
Elk Island Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Teton National Park, WYJuly 18, 2017
I was a former elk island employee never got paid on time the managers treat their employees like slaves. You can only transfer jobs once and they will never pay you the right amount.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
No breaks
ทุกๆของการทำงานสนุกสนาน มีเพื่อนร่วมงานที่ดี
ฝึกงานด้สนการบริการ ู้ช่วยในห้องครัว (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge Colorado USAJuly 18, 2017
เป็นสถานที่สวยงามอยู่ท่ามกลางธรรมชาติ เพื่อนร่วมงานก็เป็นมิตรที่ดีให้ความช่วยเหลือเป็นอยางดี ทำให้การทำงานเป็นไปได้ด้วยดี สนุกสนาน
Pros
มีอาหารให้ฟรี 1 มื้อ
Cons
ขาดพนักงานอำนวยความสะดวกในการทำความสะอาดห้องครัว
Great place to start!
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Vail, COJuly 17, 2017
Great place to start working, a lot of employment opportunities to start, they give you relocation assistance. Bad side, high employee turnover might be a downer.
Pros
Free lunches, high oportunity to promote
Cons
High employee turnover
Room Inspector/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTJuly 15, 2017
Fun place to work with the view of the mountains..Free ski and lifts passes with a lot of discounted products..Helpful employee,restaurants on top of the mountains..Love the fireplaces,hot chocolate,smores and hot tubs..
Pros
ski passes
Cons
no free lunch
free ski pass but long hours
Reservations Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COJuly 14, 2017
So basically you're working during when everyone else is on vacation, like thanksgiving and christmas so dont ever expect to see them during that time. You do get a free ski pass for all their mountains valued at like 3 grand.
Pros
Free ski pass
Cons
too many hours
Not a bad job, but could have been even better
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 14, 2017
My time at Vail was very valuable in the sense that I received my first experience in a true corporate environment. The job itself was good, but with the work we did and all the slack we got from customers, because we are who they speak with 90% of the time. It would have been nice to feel appreciated from the higher ups, and paid more than we earned.
Would recommend
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Vail, COJuly 10, 2017
Would highly recommend working here. Paid time off, free meals and relaxed working environment. My manager here was one of the best I have ever had.
Good place to work. Tries hard to be good. Mid level managemnt weak.
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 9, 2017
Good senior management. Director / senior manager level weak. Sometimes tries too hard to be a good place to work. No investment in older systems. Wait till they become critical or fail.
Great job, great people
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaver Creek, COJuly 4, 2017
My time in Vail Resorts has been some of the best years I've had. The company provides a great work environment with leadership teams that really help you grow professionally. They provide great opportunities for advancement and really take care of their employees. I would definitely recommend a career with Vail Resorts.
Pros
Free ski pass, advancement opportunities, great people.
Cons
Compensation could be better for the premier locations the resorts are located.
Vail Resorts: Experience of a Lifetime
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Avon, COJune 27, 2017
Vail Resorts provides just enough "perks" to get away with not paying employees enough to afford the astronomical cost of living in the locations of their resorts.
Pros
Retail discounts, season ski pass, free ski/snowboard lessons
Cons
Poor compensation
Chaotic management, mislead about salary, zero opportunity for growth
Sales Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 25, 2017
The Virtual Sales Travel Agent position was a complete scam. Would never recommend anyone taking this job unless they truly don't care about making any money. Was told $50-60k salary. Hahahahaha maybe made $20k if lucky. Commission was complete BS.
Pros
Working from home if that is what you want
Cons
Pay, leadership
Great Company
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Keystone, COJune 22, 2017
I feel fortunate that I discovered my vail resorts job almost 4 years ago now. They are very flexible and allow me to work part time but still give us all of the benefits.
Pros
Ski/Bike Pass

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vail Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.