Vail Resorts

Vail Resorts Employer Reviews

Great Company
Ski Instructor (Former Employee), Breckenridge COJanuary 15, 2015
Great company, I loved everyone I worked with including management and the other associates. They offer every opportunity for advancement through assisting in additional training.
Rewarding place to work
Ski Instructor (Former Employee), Brighton, MIJanuary 1, 2015
A typical day at work included but not limited to: providing ski lessons for clients, providing ski lessons for 3-5 year old children on the weekend, setting up the race course, coaching the Brighton High School Ski Team.
Active and Engaged Work Environment
HOSPITALITY COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Broomfield, CODecember 29, 2014
Vail Resorts knows how to run a company, and knows how to create a unique and encouraging environment for its employees. I always felt challenged, and loved being around people who are interested in staying healthy and active. I felt part of a team, and loved the work-life balance. Everyone works really hard, and plays really hard. One of the best jobs I have ever had!
Fun work environment
Marketing Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Keystone, CODecember 9, 2014
Fun work environment surrounded by people of the same interest. If you love the mountains Vail Resorts is the place to work.
fun work enviornment with awesome mountain
ticket scanner (Former Employee), Keystone, CONovember 21, 2014
I would come in around 7am and set up the cattle guards and dig them in the snow and then I would stand in the lines ands scan the guests passes
Fun place to work
Certified PISA Ski Instructor/Golf (Former Employee), Keystone, CONovember 13, 2014
Pros: free ski pass
Cons: no health care low wages
gain valuable experience teaching multiple kinds of people from kids to adults of all ages
Seasonal job in one of the most beautiful parks in the U.S.
Colter Bay Employee Dorm Attendant (Former Employee), Moran, WYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: room and board included. free use of all guest activities, horseback, rafting, boating. making new friends from all over the world.
Cons: being so far from home for 5 months. no cell phone service or wi-fi.
Greeting fellow employees on their way to work. Walking around a corner and seeing a mother bear with her year-old cub, or two little white tail deer, feeding next to my office. Management is wonderful and helpful in all aspects of our employment. Almost all employees are here for the area, not specifically the job, but for the "off" times. So much hiking, kayaking, photography, fishing, it can go on and on!!
The hardest part was actually finding out the summer went by so fast and its time to return home until the next season!! Walking to work and seeing the sunrise hit the mountains. Seeing all the wildlife. Meeting fellow employees from all over the world. Being outside in the afternoons cleaning, sweeping and picking up trash. Every day was wonderful!
Good culture, good benefits, awful compensation.
Staff II Accountant (Current Employee), Broomfield, COOctober 27, 2014
Pros: willing to hire inexperienced and young people, fantastic healthcare and vision
Cons: very low comparable compensation.
Vail is a great provider of opportunity as they are willing to hire people with little or no experience in fields like Accounting or Human Resources. However, they do this so that they can save money on labor costs. I was paid significantly below comparable positions at other companies. Vail is a great stepping-stone, but not a great long-term employer.
In Mtn F&B We worked as a team/family. The Corperate Philosophy is dedicated to the customer experience.
Commissary Manager (Former Employee), Park City, UTOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great management support/family environment
A typical day in the Commissary is anything but typical. With the help of my team we were able to satisfy all of the needs of 6 Mtn Lodges at the largest Ski Resort in the West. We would recieve the food/supplies order first thing in the morning, at that time we would satisfy the lodges immediate product needs. We would then seperate and organize each lodges orders and stage them for delivery up the mtn in Snow Cats and Snowmobiles. Simultaneously I would Coordinate the maintenance of all Vehicles/lodges. I worked as 2nd in command to the VP of F&B who entrusted me with the department, meaning, he allowed me to manage/direct my department where we exceeded expectations. The hardest but most satisfying part of my job were the challenges that we overcame on a daily basis.
Business Experience in the Mountains
Beaver Creek Area Manager (Former Employee), Beaver Creek, COOctober 10, 2014
Pros: location, management experience
Cons: employees not willing to give it their all
Not many professionals can claim they got a start in their career while living in the Rocky Mountains. I learned what it means to be a leader, not just a manager. I learned the important aspects of financial management and thinking like a CEO of his or her own company. My love of process development and optimization started here and I met some incredible individuals I can now call life-long friends. The hardest part of the job was running a multi-million dollar business with seasonal staff that may decide not to show up for work any given day.
Fun & Active / Great People
Building Engineer II, Lead Swing Shift Engineer (Current Employee), Vail, COSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: great healthcare, hot lunch provided.
Cons: compensation is on the low scale.
Every day is unique and fun. Great management and encouragement for advancement. Many certification courses offered.
Great interaction between Departments. Very diverse work force.
Fun and adventurous place to work
Non-Certified Ski Instructor (Former Employee), Park City, UTSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: outdoors, kids, fun, physical
Cons: management
Vail Resorts, specifically Canyons Ski Resort, was a fun and adventurous place to work. I again worked with kids and taught them the essentials to becoming a great skier. I would show up early and meet with the other instructors, getting a brief meeting on the daily activities. I would meet with my kids and keep them all day working on specific ski skills. Around 4pm I would bring the kids down and ensure they meet up with their parents. Unfortunately, although I don't like to give bad reviews, Vail management is not some of the best I have worked under. They were consistently late with information and schedules, as well as unorganized in interoffice communication and effort. I was able to adapt and work with this system, yet was able to provide constructive critiszum to those who would take kindly to it. Unfortunately I will not work for them again considering this. But from this the hardest part was the management and the most enjoyable was the kids and outdoor work.
NA
Staff I Accounts Payable Accountant (Former Employee), Broomfield, COSeptember 2, 2014
Great work life balance. Does not pay well at all. Management treats employees as very replaceable.
low salary, great growth opportunities
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Breckenridge,coAugust 31, 2014
Pros: opportunities
Cons: low pay
Vail resorts allows you to take on management positons that some other companies may not with out more experience, but offer low pay
good internship
Bartender/Server (Current Employee), Dillon, COAugust 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch and lift tickets
Cons: needed to be challenged more
learned a lot this summer

needed to be communicated more by management

increased level of customer service
Vail Resorts is sneaky
Warehouse Clerk/Packaging/Processor/Shipping (Former Employee), Aurora, COAugust 16, 2014
Poor wages

The management makes it seem like they care, but just by surprise completly blind sides you with a lay-off.
Day on the mountain as a lift operator
Lift Operator (Former Employee), Vail, COAugust 13, 2014
Pros: ski vail, co every day
Cons: co worker
Conduct safety checks at start of lifts; prepare and run lifts according to resort standards. Safety barrier setup and maintenance; perform run safety. High customer service at lifts to create a pleasant experience for each guest coming to the lift. Train new employees as they come through during the season. Perform closing duties to ensure end-of-day safety.
Fun winter work
Marketing Research Associate (Former Employee), Breckenridge, ColoradoAugust 6, 2014
Pros: free skiing!
The hours were fine and I was busy, which I prefer. Management was fine, no issues, ever though I'm not used to having a "boss." The guests asked plenty of questions and I learned many answers. All in all it was a fine time.
Great Ski Area Operation
Volunteer-Seasonal (Current Employee), Vail, COJuly 12, 2014
Pros: locker room, boot heaters, discounted pricing and great boss
Cons: bad weather
Enjoyable place to recreate and meet people from all over the world. Extensive customer service in the resort environment. Wonderful co-workers from all walks of life. It's all good! This is 100% volunteer work.
World Famous Ski and Snowboard School
LIONSHEAD CHILDREN ALPINE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Vail, ColoradoJuly 4, 2014
Pros: happy employees, world class, olympic medaling product. highly affordable, quality group offerings for all skill levels and age groups
Cons: pricy private lessons
Based in the Lionshead village, instruction spans the scale of Vails ep;ic, world famous expanse of terrain. This school literally wrote the book on ski and snowboard instruction, and is the home base of many of the most elite skiers and snowboarders in the United States and the World.

1 2 3 4 5

About Vail Resorts

Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of┬áNorth America's┬áleading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts – Read more