Vail Resorts Employee Reviews

Lots of room to move up
Reservations Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Keystone, COSeptember 14, 2016
I like working for Vail Resorts, there are awesome perks and most of the people who work there are awesome co workers. The location is awesome and i was able to advance within the company quickly
good team environment
Executive DIrector Of Housekeeping and Supplies (Current Employee) –  Keystone, COSeptember 8, 2016
position is time sensitive, deadlines to meet, freedom to make things happen, developed my team and training material and doubled its size in 3 years
Pros
freedom to make things happen
Cons
hard to get breaks and lunch
High turnaround and indiference
Colorado - Seasonal Driver (Former Employee) –  Avon, COSeptember 5, 2016
Vail resorts is a corporation only concerned with expansion and does not value its workforce. They provide low wages that do not allow a person to live comfortably in the area.
Fun place to work!
Public Safety Officer - Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Wolcott, COAugust 23, 2016
Vail Resorts has great benefits, from the health insurance to the ski passes.

My position is relatively isolated from the rest of the company, so there aren't many opportunities for advancement. Public Safety is a great job, but I would like to move into something more aligned with my career goals.

Overall, Vail Resorts has been a great employer, and I am grateful for my time here!
Pros
Hours, Time Off, Benefits
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Fun Work environment
Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  Breckenridge, COAugust 17, 2016
As a ski instructor it is great from day to day working with either the same kids to different kids each day. My customer service has improved through the years of working at the company and learning how to deal with different situations. A lot of the co-workers are great when working full time you see the same people a lot and sometimes become close friends. The hardest part is working on holidays and working on the days that the temperature is below zero. The most enjoyable part is just being able to ski and share that love with children and getting them to love it just as much. Management could be a little better at certain things but over all the management has mostly been promoted within the company.
Could be better
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaver Creek, COAugust 10, 2016
There are pros and cons to this job. Not the best for the personally driven and motivated individuals that wish to have superiors that they can respect. But for a moderate resort style job, it meet basic necessities to make it tolerable.
Pros
Free meals, ski pass, etc.
Cons
Limited breaks, poor management on some levels, high stress for low reward/compensation
Good for new comers only
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COJuly 30, 2016
If you are just new from a college or not in college at all, it's a good place to start and meet people. Other than that, they pay pretty badly and let the best workers just leave when they want, they don't do any effort to keep the good workers around.
Pros
Epic pass and funny people to work
Cons
Paycheck is very bad
Best management
Base Area Operations (Former Employee) –  Avon, COJuly 8, 2016
Working for vail and other places I have seen my fair share of lowsy jobs and I loved my jobs that I have listed (most serious). Everyone was willing to take a few minutes a day to show me how to do something or teach me a new machine. I had received my first promotion, bonus and most gratitude at these jobs. Most days I would get to work earlier than everyone and make coffee and start trucks because I liked everyone and my job that much. The hardest part of my job was always getting new equipment in to use.Before I left Colorado we had a new stage to assemble that had less than detailed directions with it. We all got frustrated but I can manage my team I was in charge of and together we all figured it out. The most enjoyable is sittin back at the end of the day and seeing what we had accomplished.
Pros
Free lunch 1 time a week
Cons
Cold mornings
Great Place to work
Cook/Front house Staff (Current Employee) –  Vail, COJuly 6, 2016
Fun environment, get to snowboard into work. Staff is incredible and the restaurant stays busy, great for active workers.
Fun
Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COJune 29, 2016
Working for Vail Resorts was an experience of a lifetime.
Great, fun and adventurous work environment.
Co-workers can become long term friends.
lift operations lead
Lift Operations lead (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COJune 14, 2016
basically i would give my guys small projects to do a day maintaining the ramp and near by areas. i would give hour lunch's to the crew and made sure everyone was coached up on the lift so they could work it efficiently.
Pros
winter pass
Cons
not enough pay
Fun place to work, truly was an experience of a lifetime
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, COJune 10, 2016
I was the floor manager, in charge of operational audits, safe audits, maintaining service of guests by keeping employees informed of daily events and specials. I learned how to manage effectively in a corporate environment. Hardest part of the job would have to be getting maintenance done in the corporate environment, takes a lot of patience. The most fun part would have to have been working the Bud Light sponsored concert season. Great music and a lively atmosphere.
Pros
Free Ski Pass, Free Meals, Benefits if needed
Cons
Chain of command took some getting used to
LOVED working for Vail Resorts Ski Area...
Operator/Foreman Summer & Winter (Former Employee) –  Vail, COJune 3, 2016
*Outdoor with beautiful views. Summer & winter.
*Learned to manage time & enjoy the opportunities given me.
* Management was understanding and focused on improving the product of a great skiing experience.
*Hard working, good understanding of what needed to be done,
were not afraid to put out the effort.
*Hardest part of job-Going home.
*Enjoyable part-Going to work.
Pros
Enjoyed Skiing and the mountains.
Cons
Weather: No snow, no guest, no skiing and sometimes no work.
An unbelievably flexable and unique environment that perfectly balanced both work and down time
Terrain Park Construction Team Member (Former Employee) –  Beaver Creek, COJune 1, 2016
Our days would start early and end late, while always having work on the whole team's plate. Terrain Park attendant is a job title with more to it than meets the eye, consisting of maintaining and catering to every need of the Terrain Parks across Beaver Creek Mountain resort. This included but not limited to, building features, both metal and snow, resetting old material, as well as creating a safe environment for the park's clientele. This job gave me a new perspective into the mechanics of how resorts operate. I took from it a larger appreciation of the magnitude of these mountains and there staff. However the sector of management I was involved in had a very small team (know as Park Crew) which only included about 14 bodies total, running on a 6 day a week schedule. The small sizes of our group natural created a close relationship between coworkers, as well as ever lasting friendships. Difficult days are bound to be plentiful in the white out conditions of Colorado's harsh winters. Whether it be snow Cats malfunctions, winter storm warnings, or feisty customers. We as a team always found a valid and respected solution to accommodate every problem presented. Ever day I found myself leaving that mountain with a smile spanning ear to ear, accompanied by a heart filled to the brims with gratitude. It might have been the people I met, The things I had seen, or what I had learned that winter. But it left me a changed man, with a greater ability of problem solving, hands on thinking, and building both personal character as well as many objects for customs to use and learn on ever  more... day of the winter seasons for years to come, seeing them smile made me smile.  less
Pros
Free lunch, ride breaks, had our owe building to work out of
Cons
long days
awesome place to work
Marketing Analytics Intern (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 20, 2016
great place to work, life work balance, foos ball table, smart staff, free starbucks! Cutting edge ideas and super coworkers
great
Mountain Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, COMay 17, 2016
Outdoors, get to ski a lot if you work in the right department. Weather can be dangerous so safety is a must. Sometimes free food. Lots of discounts. Free pass. You have to love the outdoors and snow sports or its a waste of your time. Great time hard to make into a career.
Pros
outdoors
Cons
outdoors
Great place to work with enjoyable co workers
Merchandise Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 4, 2016
Vail resorts was an awesome place to work. I was in contact with a lot of people all day long. It was never a dull moment there. I worked with accounts payable to most everyone in the dc. Worked with buyers and asst buyers on a daily basis. Vendors, ltl carriers and any walk in traffic.
Pros
DISCOUNTS WERE AWESOME
Cons
TURNOVER IN MANAGEMENT
Great place to work with great people.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COMay 3, 2016
Work was fun but very intensive. Benefits were nice and the office always had fresh food for their employee's. I also dispatched for the local fire departments which was exciting and challenging.
Retail
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 3, 2016
My experience at Any Mountain is about the same as other retail workers. I learned how to talk to customers from various different backgrounds and ethnicities, and help them find the apparel or gadgets they needed.
great mountain company
professional ski patrol (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTMarch 29, 2016
The best ski company. The culture is great andean not wait until next year. Hopefully park city will grow again. My management is the best I ever had at a job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vail Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.