Vail Resorts Employee Reviews

Not a great company to work for
Hospitality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, COJuly 24, 2017
Vail Resorts, while it has a great product invest so little in their staff that they are unable to hold onto quality employees and therefor many managers are under qualified and under experienced. Up management, on a corporate level seems completely unaware, or unbothered by, the huge moral issue taking place within their company.
Pros
My team at the Village at Breckenridge was great
Cons
Pay is bad and employee engagement is less than ideal
only thing good is the free pass
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  remoteJuly 19, 2017
High pressure sales with very little training. Everyone is WAY under paid including the HR staff. We earn PTO but can't get time off with the reasoning "the schedule has been made". No raises are given regardless of how long you have worked there or job performance.
Pros
free epic pass, good benefits
Cons
not allowed time off
Terrible
Elk Island Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Teton National Park, WYJuly 18, 2017
I was a former elk island employee never got paid on time the managers treat their employees like slaves. You can only transfer jobs once and they will never pay you the right amount.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
No breaks
ทุกๆของการทำงานสนุกสนาน มีเพื่อนร่วมงานที่ดี
ฝึกงานด้สนการบริการ ู้ช่วยในห้องครัว (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge Colorado USAJuly 18, 2017
เป็นสถานที่สวยงามอยู่ท่ามกลางธรรมชาติ เพื่อนร่วมงานก็เป็นมิตรที่ดีให้ความช่วยเหลือเป็นอยางดี ทำให้การทำงานเป็นไปได้ด้วยดี สนุกสนาน
Pros
มีอาหารให้ฟรี 1 มื้อ
Cons
ขาดพนักงานอำนวยความสะดวกในการทำความสะอาดห้องครัว
Great place to start!
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Vail, COJuly 17, 2017
Great place to start working, a lot of employment opportunities to start, they give you relocation assistance. Bad side, high employee turnover might be a downer.
Pros
Free lunches, high oportunity to promote
Cons
High employee turnover
Room Inspector/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTJuly 15, 2017
Fun place to work with the view of the mountains..Free ski and lifts passes with a lot of discounted products..Helpful employee,restaurants on top of the mountains..Love the fireplaces,hot chocolate,smores and hot tubs..
Pros
ski passes
Cons
no free lunch
free ski pass but long hours
Reservations Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COJuly 14, 2017
So basically you're working during when everyone else is on vacation, like thanksgiving and christmas so dont ever expect to see them during that time. You do get a free ski pass for all their mountains valued at like 3 grand.
Pros
Free ski pass
Cons
too many hours
Not a bad job, but could have been even better
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 14, 2017
My time at Vail was very valuable in the sense that I received my first experience in a true corporate environment. The job itself was good, but with the work we did and all the slack we got from customers, because we are who they speak with 90% of the time. It would have been nice to feel appreciated from the higher ups, and paid more than we earned.
Would recommend
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Vail, COJuly 10, 2017
Would highly recommend working here. Paid time off, free meals and relaxed working environment. My manager here was one of the best I have ever had.
Good place to work. Tries hard to be good. Mid level managemnt weak.
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 9, 2017
Good senior management. Director / senior manager level weak. Sometimes tries too hard to be a good place to work. No investment in older systems. Wait till they become critical or fail.
Great job, great people
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaver Creek, COJuly 4, 2017
My time in Vail Resorts has been some of the best years I've had. The company provides a great work environment with leadership teams that really help you grow professionally. They provide great opportunities for advancement and really take care of their employees. I would definitely recommend a career with Vail Resorts.
Pros
Free ski pass, advancement opportunities, great people.
Cons
Compensation could be better for the premier locations the resorts are located.
Vail Resorts: Experience of a Lifetime
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Avon, COJune 27, 2017
Vail Resorts provides just enough "perks" to get away with not paying employees enough to afford the astronomical cost of living in the locations of their resorts.
Pros
Retail discounts, season ski pass, free ski/snowboard lessons
Cons
Poor compensation
Chaotic management, mislead about salary, zero opportunity for growth
Sales Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 25, 2017
The Virtual Sales Travel Agent position was a complete scam. Would never recommend anyone taking this job unless they truly don't care about making any money. Was told $50-60k salary. Hahahahaha maybe made $20k if lucky. Commission was complete BS.
Pros
Working from home if that is what you want
Cons
Pay, leadership
Great Company
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Keystone, COJune 22, 2017
I feel fortunate that I discovered my vail resorts job almost 4 years ago now. They are very flexible and allow me to work part time but still give us all of the benefits.
Pros
Ski/Bike Pass
fun enviroment
Snowboard Instructor (Current Employee) –  Afton, MNJune 20, 2017
a fun environment with lots of chances to create and grow relationship's with other coworkers. the supervisors and managers are always fun, energetic and easy to talk to.
the best experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Avon Colorado USJune 17, 2017
In vail resorts i learned a lot about the life because was my first experience in other country when i learned the us culture ,the good service and the responsabilities
Great Mountain
Alpine Ski School Instructor (Former Employee) –  Avon, COJune 15, 2017
Beaver Creek is a fantastic place to work. World class Skiing. World class instruction. Avon is a nice quiet mountain town. Nice staff. Good restaurants on the mountain.
great place
Snowboard Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vail, COJune 14, 2017
Great oppurtunity for work and play with multiple discounts and the ability to meet people from around the world every day and show them a true colorado lifestyle
Fantastic company and friendly atmosphere
Snowboard Instructor (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTJune 7, 2017
Although Vail resorts is a large company, they treat every employee very well and provide a fantastic work experience. Working for Vail, its all about the customer, and when you can help a customer and actually make a difference with their experience at the ski resort, it goes a long way. Vail also has great values such as "do good" which is a committment to be enviornemntally concious and to become a more sustainable business.
Pros
Free Epic pass
Cons
Housing
Fun Job, Great Benefits, Unique culture, exciting lifestyle
Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIJune 1, 2017
Great potential for a fulfilling career in the long run. Vail offers benefits and a 401K that allows what comes out to about a 3% contribution. On 300K this would be 3G but on one million over 20 years this would be 30G...why not? The culture is amazing. Free season passes to all Vail Resorts. Healthcare. There is no place like vail to work if someone is looking for a career that offers a lifestyle. Sure, the monetary incentive may not be the best at first ( you can be very rich if you become executive level) but the lifestyle is rich in itself. IF you like to snowboard this is the place for you ( or ski) there are no bounds to the places you can ride. Vail now owns whistler blackholmb and stowe. Added in 2017 to their onslaught of resorts.
Benefits
Cons
Need to pay more considering executives compensation vs general manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vail Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval