Vail Resorts Employee Reviews

Beautiful locations
Historical Preservation Paint Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moran, WYMarch 26, 2017
This is a spectacular job to have. In beautiful locations and a company the is cheap but it follows eco friendly stances. They care about the i.pact they make.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Expanding resort company
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vail, COMarch 26, 2017
You do receive a lot of perks working for this company. There is no chance this company is going bankrupt so job security will always be there. Activities are abundant in winter and summer.
Its a job.
Matinence (Former Employee) –  Afton, MNMarch 20, 2017
Its a great place to work and management is easy to get along with. Free ski/ride is why most people work there. 120 days average season. Its a good job for students and retires. Pay starts at $10.15 an hour
Pros
Free ski/ride
Cons
pay isnt enough to make a living.
Management sees you as expendable
Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Afton, MNMarch 20, 2017
When Vail took over the resort I worked at they laid off 2/3 of the staff and expected the rest to pick up the slack without any increase in pay rate or benefits. They also put new management in place that didn't understand what made the resort successful to begin with which lead to blunders and miscommunications at every turn.
Fun, seasonal job
Tubing Hill Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wilmot, WIMarch 18, 2017
I enjoyed working outdoors and with the friendly people at the resort. Hour and a half shifts outside were divided up throughout the day with indoor breaks at the lodge. The most difficult part of the job was getting patrons to listen to and follow instruction.
Pros
Season pass to Wilmot, discounted meals, Helly Hansen clothing, and GoPros
Cons
Hours are weather dependent
Great Place to work for a season or career.
HR GENERALIST (Former Employee) –  Vail, COMarch 13, 2017
Does get much more demanding as you move up in responsibilities. Fantastic leadership opportunities and team management.

Come for a season, you'll have a blast. If you are in it for the long haul Vail has the resources to help you succeed, but be ready to push yourself.
Corporate Office
Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 9, 2017
It is a revolving door in Broomfield, and you are replaceable if you voice disagreement. Even if you have a great deal more experience than those around you, if you are not on the same wavelength as the herd you are expendable. It can be palpable. It's a much different story if you work at a resort and are not management.

The corporate culture is abysmal. It starts at the top.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
fun workplace, especially if you work with kids
Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vail, COMarch 6, 2017
It was a great experience for me to work as a ski instructor in Vail Resorts since I opened up to many people around the world.
I was able to form new friendships and work contacts with my clients.
Though I worked with children I learned a lot of how to be organized through out the day and how to manage myself by living in a different country.
This job opportunity made me realize that I would love to have a future job related to my college learning in the US.
Underpayrd
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Vail, COMarch 3, 2017
They dangle the fact that you are replaceable.
They also use the ski pass as a way to get around paying you the amount deserved
But it is fun there
Pros
Ski pass, working with cool people
Cons
Bad pay, terribly managed company as a whole
fun place to worker
Hospitality industry (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 1, 2017
Friendly environment to work, employees are motivated and fast, manager have good skills in terms of taking care of customer. learn so many things in 6th month including guest service,guest relation,safe serve,proper management training towards the restaurant.
Perks, but management will replace you
Advanced Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Keystone, COFebruary 27, 2017
Good perks, but the bottom line is making money however possible. Laying off workers, paying low, and never EVER having enough staff is common place.
Good enviornment
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, COFebruary 20, 2017
Had a nice time with this property.
Busy days where awesome days.
Executive was awesome and cooperative.
Management is little strict.
Vail Resort Development Company was an excellent place to work.
SENIOR INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CAFebruary 18, 2017
My position was my "Dream" job to finish my career. My layoff came because of 2009 financial crisis. I would gladly go back to work for them in positions of project management.
Pros
Excellent Benefits and flexibility.
Cons
Lack of project development pipeline.
Fun and engaging kitchen environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vail, COFebruary 15, 2017
-most days are pretty busy but fellow employees and the general atmosphere keep it light hearted and overall a great work experience
-management is professional but personable and account for all employees' secondary jobs and other matters
-the most difficult aspect of the job is dealing with high volume both food prep wise and customer wise
-the most enjoyable part of the job is working under some very talented chefs and learning new skills of the trade
Pros
free lunch, free commute
Cons
somewhat long commute
Very cold in winter but not too bad in summer.
property maintenance/custodian (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COFebruary 14, 2017
No health care provided just accident coverage. Housing is a joke, you sign a contract saying you'll follow the rules then find out everyone smokes pot in their rooms, has dogs and parties loud long into the night.
Pros
2 days off a week
Cons
bad housing agency who will take cash out of your deposit for pre existing conditions.
Fun place to work
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilmot, WIFebruary 13, 2017
I love the opportunity to see the mountains and meet new coworkers and have the opportunity to go snowboarding on my time off which is something that I love to do in life.
Pros
Free pass
Fun
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tahoe City, CAFebruary 9, 2017
Fun work place staff are great good safe surroundings good very fast paste job can be slow at time depending on the weather
Fun
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Truckee, CAFebruary 8, 2017
You work here to have fun, not to advance your career. Opportunities for advancement vary from department to department, but are rare. The company offers cool name brand discounts, but insurance and benefits don't kick in until you've worked 750 hours (almost all of winter), so you'll have to find insurance for yourself somewhere else.
great company to work for
Valet attendant/Bellman (Current Employee) –  Vail, COFebruary 6, 2017
Wage is far below average, however the atmosphere and structure is great. the wage is lower than sister properties providing the same or less service. should be even across the board and it is not. Uniform is sub par in relation to sister property
Pros
staff meal
Cons
health insurance, wage compensation compared to sister properties, not the same acrcoss the board
Worked at Keystone Resorts
Lodging Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Keystone Resort, COFebruary 6, 2017
I had an amazing experience working for Vail Resorts as it related to coworkers and job duties. It is like anything in hospitality where they expect the benefits to out weight the really low pay. Well, it didn't in the expensive mountain towns. The culture is what is amazing but no one can afford to live in the mountains with the low pay. Lots of turn over. Housing crisis in Summit County, Colorado.
Pros
Great company, great training, good job responsibilities and experience
Cons
Very low pay and high cost of living

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vail Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.