Vail Resorts Employee Reviews

fun workplace, especially if you work with kids
Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vail, COMarch 6, 2017
It was a great experience for me to work as a ski instructor in Vail Resorts since I opened up to many people around the world.
I was able to form new friendships and work contacts with my clients.
Though I worked with children I learned a lot of how to be organized through out the day and how to manage myself by living in a different country.
This job opportunity made me realize that I would love to have a future job related to my college learning in the US.
Underpayrd
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Vail, COMarch 3, 2017
They dangle the fact that you are replaceable.
They also use the ski pass as a way to get around paying you the amount deserved
But it is fun there
Pros
Ski pass, working with cool people
Cons
Bad pay, terribly managed company as a whole
fun place to worker
Hospitality industry (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 1, 2017
Friendly environment to work, employees are motivated and fast, manager have good skills in terms of taking care of customer. learn so many things in 6th month including guest service,guest relation,safe serve,proper management training towards the restaurant.
Perks, but management will replace you
Advanced Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Keystone, COFebruary 27, 2017
Good perks, but the bottom line is making money however possible. Laying off workers, paying low, and never EVER having enough staff is common place.
Good enviornment
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, COFebruary 20, 2017
Had a nice time with this property.
Busy days where awesome days.
Executive was awesome and cooperative.
Management is little strict.
Vail Resort Development Company was an excellent place to work.
SENIOR INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CAFebruary 18, 2017
My position was my "Dream" job to finish my career. My layoff came because of 2009 financial crisis. I would gladly go back to work for them in positions of project management.
Pros
Excellent Benefits and flexibility.
Cons
Lack of project development pipeline.
Fun and engaging kitchen environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vail, COFebruary 15, 2017
-most days are pretty busy but fellow employees and the general atmosphere keep it light hearted and overall a great work experience
-management is professional but personable and account for all employees' secondary jobs and other matters
-the most difficult aspect of the job is dealing with high volume both food prep wise and customer wise
-the most enjoyable part of the job is working under some very talented chefs and learning new skills of the trade
Pros
free lunch, free commute
Cons
somewhat long commute
Very cold in winter but not too bad in summer.
property maintenance/custodian (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COFebruary 14, 2017
No health care provided just accident coverage. Housing is a joke, you sign a contract saying you'll follow the rules then find out everyone smokes pot in their rooms, has dogs and parties loud long into the night.
Pros
2 days off a week
Cons
bad housing agency who will take cash out of your deposit for pre existing conditions.
Fun place to work
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilmot, WIFebruary 13, 2017
I love the opportunity to see the mountains and meet new coworkers and have the opportunity to go snowboarding on my time off which is something that I love to do in life.
Pros
Free pass
Fun
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tahoe City, CAFebruary 9, 2017
Fun work place staff are great good safe surroundings good very fast paste job can be slow at time depending on the weather
Fun
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Truckee, CAFebruary 8, 2017
You work here to have fun, not to advance your career. Opportunities for advancement vary from department to department, but are rare. The company offers cool name brand discounts, but insurance and benefits don't kick in until you've worked 750 hours (almost all of winter), so you'll have to find insurance for yourself somewhere else.
great company to work for
Valet attendant/Bellman (Current Employee) –  Vail, COFebruary 6, 2017
Wage is far below average, however the atmosphere and structure is great. the wage is lower than sister properties providing the same or less service. should be even across the board and it is not. Uniform is sub par in relation to sister property
Pros
staff meal
Cons
health insurance, wage compensation compared to sister properties, not the same acrcoss the board
Worked at Keystone Resorts
Lodging Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Keystone Resort, COFebruary 6, 2017
I had an amazing experience working for Vail Resorts as it related to coworkers and job duties. It is like anything in hospitality where they expect the benefits to out weight the really low pay. Well, it didn't in the expensive mountain towns. The culture is what is amazing but no one can afford to live in the mountains with the low pay. Lots of turn over. Housing crisis in Summit County, Colorado.
Pros
Great company, great training, good job responsibilities and experience
Cons
Very low pay and high cost of living
Great people to work with but do it for the ski bum life not making money.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 3, 2017
Didn't pay nearly as much commission as promised. Great place to work but don't expect to earn major $$$$. Booked vacations for the rich and famous. Ski a lot which is amazing, just can't afford much else.
ok place
Intermediate Cook (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, COJanuary 25, 2017
do your job and snowboard as much as possible, Great opportunity to work with and eet people from all over the world. the housing and pay are horrible but at least you are being broke in style
Workplace was fine
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COJanuary 20, 2017
I worked here for a short time. It was okay. I have no negative or positive opinion. I have nothing else to say but indeed is requiring me to add more to this review.
Pros
Close to the mountains
Cons
Cold during the winter
Productive and relaxing
Scanner (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Everyone was very friendly and helpful. There was no pressure or rush. No overtime was ever needed. The manager was super nice and treated everyone fairly
Pros
Free coupons
Cons
Wow How many times do I have to do this???
Manager of Housekeeping Services (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COJanuary 13, 2017
This is absolutely insane and has little relevance to what I am trying to accomplish here. I am simply looking for a job in the OR now that I have moved back to America. My past is my past and I am looking towards the future. Who ever came up with this busy work is succeeding in nothing.
A great place to pick up some hours
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 10, 2017
Management disregards our safety when it comes to getting to work through unsafe storms. She completely ignored when we asked about our safety.
Pros
I love the other people and their vibe.
Cons
Being short staffed
Ski Instructing
Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  Breckenridge, COJanuary 9, 2017
The typical day at work is changes everyday, making the job not redundant and boring. I have learned how to think on my toes in both instructing and keeping my costomers safe. Managment has been good but still seems not very organized. Many of the co-workers are great but others take the job for granted and not very seriously. Overall it has been a great experience working for Vail Resorts and as a ski instructor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vail Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.