Vail Resorts

Vail Resorts Employer Reviews

Best winter of my life
On-Mountain Feature Coordinator & Ski Instructor (Former Employee), Keystone, COFebruary 6, 2014
Working at Vail resorts was a pleasant surprise. I met people from across the globe and got to ski everyday. It is a company for passionate people.
Vail Resorts is a great environment for the outdoor type.
Safety Patrol Officer II (Current Employee), Vail Mountain Security DepartmentFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: outside a lot, snowboarding on the clock, snowmobiling
Cons: rare negative interactions
Vail Resorts is a large company that still has a small hometown feel to it. Each mountain, while owned by the same company, still feels like its own community and retains a small town feel. You get to know a lot of fellow employees while going about your day, and make a lot of friends while doing so. During my day I secure buildings and assets, all – more... while talking to people to make sure their environment is as safe and secure as possible. Management is more one on one due to the security departments size, which means everyone gets to know each other really well. My co-workers are great, like minded people and we all work really well together. The hardest part of the job are the occasional altercation and argument, but I like the challenge of turning a situation around to where all parties involved are satisfied with the outcome. What I love about my job the most is the Independence and range in which my department allows for me to work in. My bosses trust me to be out and about securing everything, and that means beautiful drives up and down the mountain in the summer, and snowboarding and snowmobiling in the winter. It truly is one of the most fun and exciting jobs I've ever had, and I am very glad I was given the opportunity to do it. – less
Vail resorts
Lead Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Vail, COJanuary 22, 2014
Great company to work for. Management is good, being in the mountains is great.
Fun Place to work
Lift Operator (Former Employee), Vail, COJanuary 2, 2014
The work wasn't the greatest. But the benefits made it worth it!
Corporate Headquarters Review
Not provided (Former Employee), Broomfield, CODecember 29, 2013
Pros: co-workers and culture - amazing people who love the mountain life, yet prefer to live in the city
Cons: pace. last-minute decisions can create a bit of a hectic environment.
This review is specific to the corporate headquarters. As expected, the experience and culture are different in Broomfield than they are at the resorts.

Overall, the people working at headquarters are very happy. The company is run very lean and the expectations are high. People are held accountable for results, but it's not a cutthroat environment. – more... People from different departments seem to get along really well. In the hiring process, great attention is paid to the right "cultural" fit, but all that really means is someone who is passionate about the outdoors, and is easy to get along with.

Other reviews about management not caring about people are ridiculous. Of course they care - they have families too, and they understand that everyone is trying to make a living. However, it is a public, corporate environment, so I'm sure some decisions of management can be construed as uncaring.

Vacation policy is great. Most all the exempt employees are given "flexible time off", which means that you're allowed to take as much vacation as you'd like, as long as your job is done. This obviously has reasonable limits, but it's nice not tracking your vacation time. – less
Good work environment in paradise!
Warehouse (Former Employee), Vail, CODecember 29, 2013
Excellent place to work in God's Country! Wages could not meet cost of living in Vail. Seasonal employment made it fun for the winters.
Great company
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 18, 2013
I learned everything I know from this company. Sales where high so employee moral was higher. The over all structure of the company was concise with company objectives being clear and clean cut.
huge corporate enviroment
Head Housman/ Maintenance (Former Employee), Keystone, CODecember 12, 2013
fun to enjoy mountain on days off but horrible corporation to work for
very easy work
Seasonal employee, Ticket Scanner (Former Employee), Breckenridge CODecember 11, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: management
it was a very easy job, everyone was very nice , but there was no room for advancing and the corporate side did not care about there employees. The hardest part was standing out in the cold for hours, but even that was not that bad. I loved the customers it was a very fun job overall.
real fun work enviroment
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Jackson, WYNovember 26, 2013
Pros: real laid back work place
Cons: pay was reall low
worked with people from all over the world there was always work to do but it was never real overwhelming
Fun and open work environment
Ski/Snowboard Instructor (Current Employee), Truckee, CANovember 9, 2013
Pros: paid lunch, free lunch, free skiing and snowboarding, breaks whenever
Cons: needs more management support staff
The typical day involves multiple task opportunities in the morning, then assigning or being assigned a class for the day. Then, the day continues as a learning environment with fun at the center. The managers are there for support and not micromanagement. Everyone has a great attitude and happy to be helpful.
Great benefits. Best place to ski,period.
Ticket Scanner (Former Employee), Vail, COOctober 28, 2013
Pros: free ski pass, best locker location
Cons: getiing up at 6am
Crowd control takes diplomacy & a good smile. Make sure operations are prepared for any situation( batteries charged, enough scanners for the staff, look professional). Be the best you can be!
Dream Job!
Sales Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Breckenridge, COOctober 19, 2013
Pros: everything!
Cons: must be available through peak season which includes holidays.
The possibilities are endless with this company! Generally generous compensation and ability for rapid promotion. Company is growing and Vail Resorts has numerous locations so relatively easy to get a job and move around. Can't beat the perks of a free ski pass for some of the world's top resorts, and for their summer fun park! Discounts on gear and – more... food too! People are very friendly and fun to work with. Great environment and opportunity to learn new skills from their company-sponsored training centers. – less
great experience
General Manager Labonte's Ski Cabin (Former Employee), keystoneOctober 15, 2013
wonderful place to get management experience.

wjhdfgkjhwegfkjhdfwgfjh
sf;iuwfgqiuwgilugilfduwgdf
Vail Resorts is a great Company to work for!
Manager (Former Employee), colorado Springs, CO.September 27, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great people
Cons: ...
I really enjoyed my time working for Vail Resorts management team. It is a high paced working atmosphere that is very rewarding. All of your co-workers are committed and enjoy the same things you do.
Productive work place with free snowboarding
Ticket Scanner (Former Employee), Breckenridge, COSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: free boarding when work was off on anymountain you wanted
Cons: short breaks and standing all day long
While working you did have to get up every early and go to work on our feet all day long. it was a repetitive so getting boring came from time to time. It was all make up for at the stroke of 3 when we got off work and were able to ride the mountain till dark. That was one of the best things about the job. getting paid was nice but having that little – more... bonus made it all the better. its the little things. I learned that I can handle the most stressful of situations with a smile. people got mad and in my face when their tickets didn't work. I just had to smile and be kind to the entire time which I never thought id be able to do. the hardest part of the job must of been the standing all day long, feet didn't get the best of support while on an 8 hr shift. – less
a
Property Management Assistant (Former Employee), Keystone, COSeptember 10, 2013
Overall a good expercience, but sometimes unorganized. Alot of hard physical labor required.
cool short term job
Reservation Lead Supervisor (Current Employee), Keystone, COAugust 26, 2013
Pros: ski pass
Cons: bad pay, bad retention
great company, just don't pay their employees.

no career advancement.

fun/different jobs
Ever seen office space?
Buyer (Former Employee), Broomfield, COAugust 20, 2013
Pros: free ski pass, free coffee
Cons: poor management
Terrible palce to work, managment is hostile to new ideas and generally clueless about daily operations. They promote the most worthless people who kiss the most corpoate a**. Wouldn't recommend it to -anyone...
Wonderful
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Breckenridge, COAugust 2, 2013
It can get a little boring in the workplace but when you are able to ski all of Vails mountains for free it is well worth it.

About Vail Resorts

Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of┬áNorth America's┬áleading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts – Read more