Vail Resorts Employee Reviews in United States

Retail
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 3, 2016
My experience at Any Mountain is about the same as other retail workers. I learned how to talk to customers from various different backgrounds and ethnicities, and help them find the apparel or gadgets they needed.
Great place to work with great people.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COMay 3, 2016
Work was fun but very intensive. Benefits were nice and the office always had fresh food for their employee's. I also dispatched for the local fire departments which was exciting and challenging.
Great benefits for managers, lots of flexibility
Homeowner Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Keystone, COAugust 12, 2015
I cannot speak to the experience of a line-level employee, but as a manager at Vail Resorts I have enjoyed my experience thus far. I receive somewhat fair pay and excellent benefits. I have unlimited PTO and a lot of flexibility in my day. There is a lot of red tape dealing with corporate and getting certain initiative pushed through. Overall, I enjoy working for Vail Resorts.
Resort living..Great!
Clubhouse Manager/Director of Food & Beverage (Current Employee) –  Vail, COJanuary 29, 2016
Excellent company as resort properties go. Employee's tend to be very seasonal and it makes for a very tough work force. Housing is at an all time low. But, when it works, it can be a great experience.
Pros
Ski and golf time
Cons
Long winters
Draining and disrespectful workplace
Two Elk B*tch (Former Employee) –  Vail, COSeptember 16, 2015
I worked in Two Elk Lodge in Vail, CO during the winter of 2013. I was promised by HR I would be bartending, turned out she was mistaken. After being promised things that never came, managers swearing and yelling at employees daily, just showing up became hard. The way they use the foriegn workers up and then kick them out of their apartments with only a week before they leave, it's horrible. Not even mentioning the fact that you will do the most work you have ever done for the lowest hourly you have ever received. They try and blind you with the aspect that you're working on Vail!! Truth is you never actually get to enjoy the mountain because you're either working or too tired on you're days off. I reccomend looking at jobs with nearby hotels, or local bars/ restaurants. You'll actually be able to enjoy the mountain and won't feel like you're as expendable as a $2 hooker. Peace.
Pros
Season pass. Working with people from all over the world.
Cons
Everything else.
awesome place to work
Marketing Analytics Intern (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 20, 2016
great place to work, life work balance, foos ball table, smart staff, free starbucks! Cutting edge ideas and super coworkers
Job Security
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Jackson Lake lodgeSeptember 10, 2015
It is a great job with great bosses and great community that surround you 24/7. They give you housing which makes up for the pay (10.00/hr cooks everyone else minium) but overtime does not start till 56 hours worked in a week. because of this depending on your department you will be working 6 days a week. one other downside is that you can't opt out of the mandatory meal plan and employee services charges which will take aproximately 400 dollars out of your pay check every month (which is like rent)
Pros
great people and bosses
Cons
long work weeks without overtime
Fun environment
International & Domestic Sales (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COSeptember 14, 2015
This is a great place to work if money is not an issue. It is a great work environment and great benefits but the pay is still low. Many under paid managers.
Pros
Free Lunches, season pass
Cons
Low pay
Fun, fast paced resort environment
Mountain Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Keystone, COJanuary 1, 2016
I enjoy this job. My favorite benefit is definitely the free ski pass. Can't beat that. I get to work in the Rocky Mountains and that is a blessing to me.
Pros
Ski Pass for all Vail- owned resorts
Love this place!
Children Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vail, COAugust 6, 2015
Great work place so fun and great co workers. Always busy never a dull moment on the mountain. Hardest part of the job was the long hours. The most enjoyable is meeting cool people.
Great place to work, amazing place to live!
Product Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Vail, COApril 28, 2015
Management in my department and the others that overshadow mine is the best that I have ever had the opportunity to work with. All of my co-workers made each and every day joyful and fun. The hardest part of the job is a language barrier with all the foreign clients that come in from all over the world. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to sell a top end product to our customers and communicating with them while the transaction is happening. Over all the entire work staff is always up going and just wants to have fun while making it enjoyable for customers when they come in.
Fun Job
SNOW CAT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Vail, COSeptember 3, 2015
I enjoyed working for Vail Resorts. My position was seasonal and I received a free ski pass and housing was affordable. They asked me to return with a promotion but I moved.
Pros
Ski pass
Cons
Low pay
Skiied a lot.
Lift Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Keystone, COAugust 4, 2015
It was a fun place to work. Great guys to work with. I was there for a total of 17 yrs. Lower management was great. Gave me every opportunity to advance in my job. I'm just looking for a job in the front range now. Just a little warmer.
Pros
worked 4-10 hr days
Cons
upper management in Vail Resorts
Warning:vail resorts does not value hard working employees
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  BoulderJanuary 3, 2013
This is a top heavy company in which upper management does not connect with those in the trenches at all. There is zero job security in this company. They will let you go with no warning as soon as the holiday rush is over even if you thought you were not hired as seasonal that's how they classify everyone in the retail realm. I met some really great people as co-workers though. The compensation of a ski pass is viewed as a huge way to make up for the terrible pay. Employees are just a row on a payroll sheet, not people with lives.
Pros
free ski pass, great co-workers, fun industry
Cons
zer job security, terrible pay
Business Experience in the Mountains
Beaver Creek Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaver Creek, COOctober 10, 2014
Not many professionals can claim they got a start in their career while living in the Rocky Mountains. I learned what it means to be a leader, not just a manager. I learned the important aspects of financial management and thinking like a CEO of his or her own company. My love of process development and optimization started here and I met some incredible individuals I can now call life-long friends. The hardest part of the job was running a multi-million dollar business with seasonal staff that may decide not to show up for work any given day.
Pros
location, management experience
Cons
employees not willing to give it their all
A great place to work.
Ski Instructor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Vail COSeptember 22, 2015
Over the years I have met people from all over the world. Both co workers and clients. After 26 + years of teaching skiing it's time to move on. The body can't take it any longer and it's time to let the younger instructors take over.
Pros
the people you meet
Cons
Seasonal work.
Agile process orineted. Energetic and professional. Good atmoshphere.
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  InterlockenMay 25, 2014
High agile process oriented, Very talented people. Very well organized. Management is friendly and approachable. Co-workers energetic and professional. Hardest part of job is regression testing before release of software iteration, but very fun challenge. Most fun part of job is working with dedicated individuals who are committed to delivering a quality product. Really enjoyed working at Vail Resorts.
Pros
processes, co-workers, management
Cons
it was a contract job. so no permanent benefits. however, still great place to work at!
A Job unlike others...
Epic Mix Photographer (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, COOctober 13, 2012
If you want to ski bum, this is the place to do it. Free pass and great people. Though that's where my three stars come for Culture/Values, its mostly culture. Vail Resorts is all about the culture and not about the values. They say they have great values, but they are not practiced at all. At least maybe it was management who let us stray from the path, they were mainly focused on keeping us working and pushing sales.

Hardest part of the job was being out in cold weather conditions. Even when there were hard gusts of wind all day you'd have to stand out there greeting guests. Though management would be reasonable at times if you took at 5-10 minute break to warm your toes. Basically if the chair lifts were working you were working, and lets be frank, Machines > Man.
Pros
ski perks, pro-forms and living in the mountains (living the dream)
Cons
pay, hours, and only two days off.
Fun & Active / Great People
Building Engineer II, Lead Swing Shift Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vail, COSeptember 9, 2014
Every day is unique and fun. Great management and encouragement for advancement. Many certification courses offered.
Great interaction between Departments. Very diverse work force.
Pros
great healthcare, hot lunch provided.
Cons
compensation is on the low scale.
Large company with many employees makes for little recognition
Financial Audit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Tahoe, CASeptember 22, 2015
Great company as a whole with meaningful a mission and strong core values. Free season pass to all their ski resorts is a great benefit.