Vail Resorts Employee Reviews

wonderful job wish I had started when I was 30 yrs old
Premier guest service driver (Former Employee) –  Edwards, CONovember 15, 2012
Loved the job , wonderful guests, could not have off for any holidays ever. Little time to ski or enjoy the mountains. Life is too short to work all the time. Pay was not good considering the hazards of the job tips were excellent. U never knew what to expect from management moody. Company sold after 2 yrs stayed 2 more yrs.Started by 5am done 10 hrs later. Great benefits health dental pay-flex life.Car wash Beautiful place to live most people exercised and were good health.
Pros
living n mountains, meeting people from all over the world.
Cons
driving n white outs 5000ft to12000ft stranded out of town rd closed
Fun
Hospitality Operations Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, CONovember 1, 2016
They were a fun company to work for, very willing to work with employees on any issue. They had many opportunities for employee get togethers. Fun place to work.
Dream Job!
Sales Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, COOctober 19, 2013
The possibilities are endless with this company! Generally generous compensation and ability for rapid promotion. Company is growing and Vail Resorts has numerous locations so relatively easy to get a job and move around. Can't beat the perks of a free ski pass for some of the world's top resorts, and for their summer fun park! Discounts on gear and food too! People are very friendly and fun to work with. Great environment and opportunity to learn new skills from their company-sponsored training centers.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Must be available through peak season which includes holidays.
High Growth Mode
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 15, 2015
A majority of employee's leave this company due to low compensation. Raises on average equal 3% per year, so negotiate high when onboarding.
Pros
Ski Pass
Cons
Pay
Agile process orineted. Energetic and professional. Good atmoshphere.
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  InterlockenMay 25, 2014
High agile process oriented, Very talented people. Very well organized. Management is friendly and approachable. Co-workers energetic and professional. Hardest part of job is regression testing before release of software iteration, but very fun challenge. Most fun part of job is working with dedicated individuals who are committed to delivering a quality product. Really enjoyed working at Vail Resorts.
Pros
Processes, co-workers, Management
Cons
It was a contract job. so no permanent benefits. However, still great place to work at!
Great benefits and hours
Professional Housekeeper/Inspector/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COSeptember 28, 2015
Vail resorts is a great company to work for if you are looking for seasonal employment with tons of benefits. It's such a friendly environment that provides employee housing as well as a free pass to all vail resorts owned resorts. The best time to work for them is during the winter because hours are long, and money is great, especially since they offer a Piece time program.
good team environment
Executive DIrector Of Housekeeping and Supplies (Current Employee) –  Keystone, COSeptember 8, 2016
position is time sensitive, deadlines to meet, freedom to make things happen, developed my team and training material and doubled its size in 3 years
Pros
freedom to make things happen
Cons
hard to get breaks and lunch
Lots of room to move up
Reservations Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Keystone, COSeptember 14, 2016
I like working for Vail Resorts, there are awesome perks and most of the people who work there are awesome co workers. The location is awesome and i was able to advance within the company quickly
Great benefits for managers, lots of flexibility
Homeowner Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Keystone, COAugust 12, 2015
I cannot speak to the experience of a line-level employee, but as a manager at Vail Resorts I have enjoyed my experience thus far. I receive somewhat fair pay and excellent benefits. I have unlimited PTO and a lot of flexibility in my day. There is a lot of red tape dealing with corporate and getting certain initiative pushed through. Overall, I enjoy working for Vail Resorts.
Busy but always enjoyable
Activites and Dining Concierge (Current Employee) –  Vail, COFebruary 24, 2014
The winter season is a very hectic time in the High Rockies. Beautiful, snowy and cold. People come from all over the world to not only ski/snowboard here but also to live/work. Vail Resorts offers great benefits and encourages their employees to go out and experience the mountain. I feel that because of that encouragement soo many of us feel a great sense of pride as we do our jobs. My co-workers come from different parts of the USA and it is really great getting to work with others I might normally not have had the chance to get to know. My bosses have been super nice, helpful and supportive. Vail really has made an effort to train its employees and give us the tools we need to serve our guest to the highest and provide "The Experience of a Lifetime!"
Pros
Free Season Ski Pass, 2 Free Ski lessons a month, discounted family/friends lift tickets, various other benefits.
Cons
Employee housing is hard to come by and sometimes not worth it.Discounted equipment would be nice, and hotel discounts for family/friends (it is expensive here).
Fun Coworkers, Low Pay
Auditor and Wholesale Collections Accountant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 13, 2015
While the free pass and young, active employees make Vail a fun place to work for a few years there is not a whole lot of room for advancement and their compensation packages leave a lot to be desired especially with the increasing rent in the Denver area.
Pros
fun people, free ski pass
Cons
low pay, not much room for advancement
High turnaround and indiference
Colorado - Seasonal Driver (Former Employee) –  Avon, COSeptember 5, 2016
Vail resorts is a corporation only concerned with expansion and does not value its workforce. They provide low wages that do not allow a person to live comfortably in the area.
Easy work schedule
Warehouse Processor (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMarch 11, 2016
I have worked at Vail for about two years now and a typical work day involves specific procedures that take a bit of learning to get the hang of at first but with dedication are quite managable. I have learned tons about warehouse procedures, safety, heavy equipment how to budget time and how to work in small and large work forces.

Management is about par. I believe that they could do more to communicate not only between themselves but all around to the employees under them. Sometimes we get sent into disarray from vague direction and miscommunication. My co-workers I love and feel sorry that I cannot take some of them with me to the next step in my professional career. The hardest part of my job is trying to stay focused on the small details after a full days work. I am good with attention to detail, I just get a little exhausted at the end of a busy work day and sometimes looks my focus which will cause errors. it is something that I am doing my best to work on.

What I get out of this job mostly is that it is easy to work with the staff, great hours to base my life around, and I get to go snowboarding and skiing for next to free when the winter comes around.
Pros
easy work atmosphere, tools provided, hours
Cons
communication, time off and opportunity for advancement
Great company to work for!
Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNNovember 29, 2015
Great company to work for with great benefits. Get to ski/snowboard at various places and work with some wonderful customers
Good for new comers only
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COJuly 30, 2016
If you are just new from a college or not in college at all, it's a good place to start and meet people. Other than that, they pay pretty badly and let the best workers just leave when they want, they don't do any effort to keep the good workers around.
Pros
Epic pass and funny people to work
Cons
Paycheck is very bad
Best Job for Ski Bums
Ski School Booking Agent/Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Vail, COSeptember 15, 2015
Vail is the perfect place is you want to get away and work at a ski resort and break into one of the most powerful resort ownership and management companies in the world. The jobs are seasonal but if you work hard they'll keep you on for as many seasons as you can work. The pay isn't the best but they subsidize your housing and if you work at the mountain you can get away with anything in the area and you'll always get free drinks at bars or epic deals on ski equipment. You'll meet some of the most powerful people in the world and some treat you poorly but some are amazing and if you network properly you can go very far from working on the front lines. Your co-workers are the best people in the world and management is super cool. The perks and benefits are out of control and you'll get pro deal discounts on like 500 brands 50-80% off on some of the top of the line gear. You'll work long hours but the job is really easy, you get a ton of free gear and basically live and work with your best friends while living and breathing skiing/snowboarding in one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Also I got pulled over doing well over the speed limit on my way to work when I was late one day and the officer let me go because I was a local.
Pros
You work at one of the most famous mountains in the world, work with awesome people, easy work, amazing lifestyle, insane discounts on ski gear, huge room for growth and great stepping stone to move up
Cons
Long hours, some rude customers, management isn't open to suggestions
Good culture, good benefits, awful compensation.
Staff II Accountant (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 27, 2014
Vail is a great provider of opportunity as they are willing to hire people with little or no experience in fields like Accounting or Human Resources. However, they do this so that they can save money on labor costs. I was paid significantly below comparable positions at other companies. Vail is a great stepping-stone, but not a great long-term employer.
Pros
Willing to hire inexperienced and young people, fantastic healthcare and vision
Cons
Very low comparable compensation.
Working for Vail Resorts was the experience of a lifetime.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Vail, COJune 11, 2012
My time working for Vail Resorts was something that I will never forget. Each day was a new experience and the people there were amazing. Almost ten years later I still have friends all over the country. The compensation at Vail Resorts may not be over whelming but they make up for it in the way they treat their employees and the added perks that come along with working there.
Pros
skiing at lunch, employee parties every month, meeting people from all over the world
Cons
compensation.
Fun and exciting workplace with excellent benefits!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 26, 2012
Vail resorts provides excellent career opportunities as well as exceptional personal and professional growth. Vail resorts offers excellent benefits as well as training to help employees grow both personally and professionally. Vail Resorts sets the standard in the snow sports industry as well as providing five star service for a top notch guest experience.
A typical day at work is fun an exciting. I meet new people everyday and provide them with world class guest service. I have learned a great deal of retail management experience, customer service skills, budgeting, cash management skills, and how to provide the best customer service for a great customer experience. The hardest part of the job is dealing with an unhappy customer, but almost every unhappy customer leaves my store happy and wanting to come back again. The most enjoyable part of the job I would have to say is the benefits; to be able to ski and snowboard on some of the best terrain in North America for free is one of the best benefits an employee could ask for.
Pros
benefits, relaxed and fun work enviroment, paid management and loss prevention training, and great staff!
Cons
working on all holidays and weekends, low wages, and lack of fulltime year round job opportunities.
Fun work place but an entry level position
Vacation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Keystone, COMay 2, 2012
Take care of guests and help
plan their vacation. Management
helps you improve sales with constructive
criticism. Co-workers are fun.
The hardest part of the job is the cyclical
sales. You need to save for the slow months.
Great experience which you will learn valuable
skills in your future employment
Pros
schedule varies which is nice for skiing, benefits, great rewards for hard work
Cons
pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vail Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

76%