Valassis Employee Reviews

x
Sales & Network Representative/ANNE (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 14, 2016
Valassis is a great company to work for, the staff is outgoing, friendly and extremely helpful. it is a very relaxed, but motivated company who is eager to grow the company into something amazing.
Sucked.
maintenance mechanic (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 10, 2016
Worked in the Newark, DE facilities, Maintenance Department.

Low paying, and the Mechanics that had been there were Expert, Professionals... though the machines continuously had the same problems over and over! NOT what I would except from a place with such Expert, Professional mechanics.

Went back a few years later and one of the Expert, Professional mechanics had been promoted... I guess if you are incompetent and a Ase-kisser, you'll do good!

If you know mechanics and want a job--- go flip burgers first!
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Productive workplace
Strapper (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 12, 2015
During my stay at Valassis the work was easy and the people were very intriguing. I had lots of fun and we made sure that the work was done in a timely fashion. There were never any altercations while I worked there nor were there any outside the workplace. I enjoyed the people that I worked with and if I had the chance to go back I would.
long shifts
Assembly line/Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXNovember 25, 2015
i liked it was only 4 days a week but how long a shift would be each week would change a lot.Other then that co-workers got along for the most part i had to leave cause i never went to hire from temp.
Pros
long shifts
Cons
this company can cut hours by a lot
This was a great job!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 9, 2015
I'm so empowered when I've completed an honest day at work. I learned that team work makes the job more enjoyable. Anytime I need management, they are there for me.
Great co-workers
Client Program Planner/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 6, 2015
Enjoyed my career at Valassis. Not happy with the influence of our new owner. Added much stress and fear of being laid off because it all comes down to numbers for them. Then I was downsized.
Pros
Co-workers like family
Cons
New owner, lay-offs
good hours
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 2, 2015
many steady hours to work never short your time needed. it could be a fun place as long as you make it. they make your job clear. it is fast paste which is a very good thing, they did promise every good employee to be hired in a certain date and then did not do so until 6 months after promised, i was doing crew leader work as a temp worker
Pros
fun work place if you made it
Cons
kept pushing back promised hiring dates
I work with a very talented team.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 1, 2015
I work with a talented group of people. We are a very lean team which requires us to be flexible and nimble. No two negotiations are the same.
Good culture, great people
ROP Media Payables Specialist-Promotion (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 27, 2015
Company was recently bought out by a holding company; severe changes being made and the future of the company is questionable.
overall good experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  austell ,gaOctober 6, 2015
Very clean and friendly company. Very organizes theb management is very manageable, very stern and knowledgeable of products and business
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Sweat shop
production (Former Employee) –  productionSeptember 18, 2015
supervisor are ignorants. The scream at you treat people like slaves and pay very lousy 🐎🐫 I used to work for them Feed machine help forklift but you have to be the righ color to go up
Pros
No a #%*^~£¥ thing
Cons
$$$ respect
great benfits
Advertising Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CAAugust 31, 2015
This job didn't give me chance to use my full ability . also it was a slower pace job and i like fast pace positions .and also we work ten
plus hour and didn't even get to take a lunch
Pros
great pay
Cons
no lunch break
Solid employer in an unsolid world
DIRECTOR OF NATIONAL SALES (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2015
Valassis is a good place to call home if you are willing to work hard, embrace change and address the challenge of a print company trying to quickly transition to a digital world.

Good work/life balance and caring management. Benefits have deteriorated significantly in the face of sky-rocketing health care costs.

Employees want the company to succeed and work hard on behalf of our customers. Oft-times, the bureaucratic practices of the company can make it hard to do business with from a customer perspective and there are many battles between Sales and Finance before presenting deals to clients.

All-in-all, a good place to work with opportunity to advance laterally and promotionally for those who deliver results.
Pros
Strong leadership, work/life balance, ability to impact the bottom-line
Cons
Benefits, Adaptation to Change
Headless chickens
Media Delivery Team (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 12, 2015
It's a good work environment and the people are great; but not conducive to a work-life balance.! However, immediate leadership cannot provide associates with tools for growth or compensation, due to the HCHC buy-out and transformational plan. Immediate leaders are so overloaded to the point it seems they've just stopped caring.
people friendly
material handler (Former Employee) –  phoenixAugust 6, 2015
set up, and restock material, how to improve my work habits, managers /team leaders very helpful, co-workers are willing to learn and step in . hardest part was starting the shift cleaning up from the last shift. overall a great place to work
Pros
good people
Cons
hrs, pay period
Great Company
Director (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 4, 2015
Valassis is a great company! It offers a great work/life balance for everyone! There is opportunity for growth and movement.
Busy but great co-worker.
Livonia, MI - Shipping and Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 4, 2015
Fast paced, rewarding workplace. Great pay but heavy work load. Always having to think outside the box, but getting the job done on time, correctly.
Pros
Good pay, 3 and 4 day work weeks.
Company has changed too much to handle
National Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MichiganJune 28, 2015
Company used to be good and fun to work for, but it has changed to a culture of directive babble that doesn't even make business sense. Reactive strategies that are not forward thinking or innovative.
Pros
Good People to work with
Cons
Bad culture of low morale and cost cutting
Office Politics are not up to par
Accounts & Contracts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 8, 2015
it's hard to give kudos to a company that thrives on being family orientated to the public, but on the inside, is anything but. In this company, it's not about what you know but who you know. Your skills and qualifications have nothing to do with advancement in this company. Layoffs are done based on popularity and personal feelings as opposed to job performance and skill.

Family is not taken under consideration by many management teams, and there is very little room to grow.
Cons
Zero Incentives, horrible benefits, extremely sneaky layoff procedures, etc
Wonderful place to work just morale and work and life is not balanced
Operator (Former Employee) –  7924 Troon Circle Austell Ga 30106May 20, 2015
Great place to work if there was a good balance between work and life. Overworked but offers good benefits for your family.