Valassis Employee Reviews

Fast very fast
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2017
You will be on your feet all day. You need to willing to be flexible. Great people to work with and alot of meetings to keep you updated with what is going on with all shifts. There are 3 shifts.
Pros
Benifits from the start
Cons
Point system
A typical day at work would start with an unknown of what needed to be done
Corporate Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTOctober 20, 2017
Day was fast paced with a variety of projects that needed attention / completion, sometimes without direction or the necessary information to acquire what was needed.
Pros
Boss, co-workers, team atmosphere
Cons
Jobs relocated from Windsor, CT to Livonia, MI and San Antonio, Tx
Job is coplex and challenging
Client Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CASeptember 28, 2017
There are a lot of "systems" to learn, and can be very stressful. The job is very complex and you need to be able to juggle multiple things at the same time. They make it difficult to have your own opinions. There is a lot of "standardization" in process. The job is challenging and you can learn a lot. The best part of the job is the people you work with. Another great thing is working independently without being micro-managed.
Pros
work life ballance and working independently
Cons
Constand change in process and products to learn
I have been working at Valassis full-time
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2017
Flexible work environment
Extremely strong culture
Motivated associates who care about the well being of each other
Fast paced and rewarding work environment.

OH REALLY Super supportive environment, they really care about work life balance, competitive starting salary! Depending on your supervisor/manager you have a lot of room to solve your own problems! The people are super friendly and helpful to each other.
Pros
Free coffee, popcorn soda/snacks vending machine, well organize and clean breakroom.
Cons
Breaks for 3 shorts 15mins and for lunch a 30mins lunch. Exstremely heathcare. Etc
Great Internship
Marketing and Analysis Intern (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 13, 2017
The Marketing and Analysis Internship, this year, was comprised of creating 155 print quality maps from shapefile for the marketing department using ArcGIS Desktop. This internship project had previously used a different GIS software so the maps and legends were just amended every year instead of created. On a shortened time table I attempted to complete as many as I possibly could as quickly as I could. I was so focused on creating maps that, at night, I was even dreaming about working on them.
Everyone I worked with and came in contact with at Valassis were helpful and friendly. The culture is very inclusive and everyone seemed to want each other to succeed in their endeavors. Helping other employees was always encouraged by management.
Pros
Intern Development Lunches
Cons
Short time table for my primary project
Great Place To Work but Very Competitive Environment
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 13, 2017
This is a wonderful place to work. The company provides the employees with great benefits and training essential to succeed in your role. However, the company has been bought out and new policies have been enforced, departments have been abolished, which interrupts workflow due to having to re-learn new processes and procedures.
Pros
In Sales, a lot of flexibility and the ability to work from home
Cons
Manager turn over rate is quite high
They do have great benefits
Press Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 7, 2017
No day with this company was the same as a press assistant you were reasonable for many job, a lot of moving around many things to learn.The job was somewhat dangerous you had to be paying attention at all times and have the ability to handle different tasks and one time.
valassis
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAAugust 28, 2017
total relaxed environment.. also very high intensity. you have to meet your quotas and make sure customers aren't cancelling their ads. extremely comfortable and mangers are helpful and non complainant
Pros
great personally
Cons
location
Lack Integrity - Favoritism - Unfair
Tech 3 (Former Employee) –  DelawareAugust 24, 2017
Ok as far as the job goes but people were treated very unfairly with some people allowed to break ethics rules.

There should be no stealing from any company allowed ever by anyone.
Pros
Work ok
Cons
Gross mistreatment of people
Excellent Corporation
Assistant General Counsel (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHAugust 23, 2017
Valassis is a great place to work! Great work-life balance and great flexibility. Learnt a lot from my mentors and got a wide variety of experience in HR, tax, finance and legal areas. Very fortunate to work for them.
A decent place to work.
head press operator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 18, 2017
Valassis is a decent place to work. It must be ,I worked there 30 plus years. Like many corporations today they are trying to save as money as possible. So the employees are not given the benefits they once were given.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
12 Hour swing shifts--12 hous nights one week, 12 hours days the next
Good Company
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 17, 2017
Overall good company, lacks clear direction at times and investment in leaders and people lacking to support lofty growth expectations. Still heavily dependent on print, and must quickly replace print revenue with new viable digital offerings. Work/Life balance and compensation are good, and most people are great.
Pros
Good compensation, people, and decent benefits
Cons
Constant changes and huge growth expectations with little investment
Good place to work.
Materials (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 10, 2017
Good place to work. Started to undergo many changes as company was bought out. When this happened employees were let go and did not seem to be based on skill set but rather salary and age.
Client Coordinator
Client Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2017
Work directly with clients on campaign execution.

Became an expert in excel, how to execute digital campaigns, and increased my sales experience.

We get a decent PTO and work with great people
the hardest and enoyable part of work and what i learned
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 3, 2017
I learned how to keep my area neat. How to put papers in a nice stack.The hardest part of the job was to get the machine running with out stopping. Fining the right papers. I enjoyed working there because you can make it fun and it was very calm.
Good place to begin a career in advertising
National Sales (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 2, 2017
Systems and still a bit old fashion as well as thinking. They don't venture very much outside of print. The company is making a push to become a bigger player in the digital space.
i liked it
Feeder (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 15, 2017
I only left because I had found out I was 5 months pregnant with my youngest and I couldn't take the physical extent of the work I had to do at the fast paces
Pros
nice management
Cons
strenous work
Below is my review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 7, 2017
I enjoyed my years at Valassis. Had my job not been eliminated I would still be there. I learned alot in my 25 years there. The salary was fair, it could have been better but the benefits were great so it helped. We would be busy with our ads approving and making last minute changes. The hardest part of my job was trying to meet our tight deadline. The most enjoyable part was working with a great team,
Good company to work.
Binding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 23, 2017
This was the first company I work for. Good work environment and people behave polite, helped each other. The young white leader, Ryan, was very nice and I always remember him.
Bosses dont like over achievers and play favorites.
Operator Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 14, 2017
Not a good place to work, they play favoritism and treat other ppl like garbage no matter if you are one of the best operators in the building. They give all the jobs to the ppl they want wether you qualify or have seniority. Overall rating a 2 at best.
Pros
8hr shifts
Cons
One 10 minute break and a 30 minute lunch. No cellphone usage at all not even for emergency.