Valbin Corporation Employee Reviews

Great management team
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Butlerville, INJuly 21, 2017
Very professional Company. Field work is just one problem after another, but this company overcame all with flying colors. Management was right on top of things. Administrative problems at the start, but....the company quickly took care of that. I was impressed by the team spirit, and as an individual that had not worked with them before, I never felt like an outsider but one of the team.
Foreign Language Specialst
Foreign Languages Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAJune 14, 2017
I worked at Valbin Corporation as a Senior Cultural Adviser and as a Foreign Languages Specialist. Valbin Corporation is the best corporation. They have excellent management, professional colleagues, well educated trainers and Instructors.
On time payment.
No comments
Linguist/Role Player (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 13, 2016
No comments regarding this company. It was a short contract with very few interaction with the company representatives, but the company adhered to the contract all the time.
No Work/Life Balance, inflexible, terrible management, don't apply
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  BethesdaJuly 26, 2016
The management style is not like any other federal contractor. They milk the government for money and use it to their advantage. They don't provides raises for outstanding work. Expect you to do everything for less than a penny.They treat you terribly and always criticize you for what they think is "not doing your job". You cannot simply get off by doing your basic job descriptions, they always require you to do more. The managers are tyrants and are terrible at communicating with one another. Than they turn back at you and yell at you for their miscommunication. There is always high turnover here, a total of 18 people have left since I've started. Specifically because the program director puts so much pressure on you that you explode.

When you're sick, you cannot even recover. The stress from the job makes it hard.

Unrealistic and high stress environment. Would not recommend for anyone.
Pros
decent lunch places (always have to call your order ahead)
Cons
no work/life, terrible management
Terrible Work Conditions
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 23, 2016
The owners of this company are unethical and do not care about their employees. The owners come in at 3 pm and keep the employees at the office late. They will call in the morning at 9 am to make sure everyone is at their desk. Meanwhile the female owner is shopping for expensive outfits and getting her hair done in the morning and her husband is clueless and comes in with his lunch and watches soccer on his big screen tv in the conference room. He also has his family and friends in his office during work hours and is very loud and obnoxious. It is a sweat shop mentaility and they rip off the government as a sport. These people should be put out of business. If you like working in a small crowded office and treated like a slave, this is the job for you.
Pros
Cons
Long work hours, no work life balance and stressful conditions
The worst and cheapest owner and managers I have ever worked with
Arabic Linguist (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJuly 1, 2016
The worst and cheapest owner and managers I have ever worked with; they should not be in this type of business as they treat their employees with no respect or value. The owner is dime and nickle cheap piece of dirt counting pennies on employees paying no annual raise ever. Health insurance is way more expensive than buying your own from the market.
No pay
Role Player (Current Employee) –  Charles Town, WVMay 7, 2016
Got hired to role play. Took 7 weeks to get one days pay. Haven't seen a penny since. I just don't go anymore. On printing this, my review wasn't long enough but, there really isn't anything more to say. I've had to resubmit info several times and got no answer or response. When I take a job I do the job and I want the pay promised, not more promises.
Pros
They offer good money.
Cons
You don't get paid.
Difficult work environment
Contracts Manager and Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 20, 2015
Absolute lack of flexibility, no comp time, benefits are sorely lacking. No respect for any personal life outside the office, I have never worked somewhere as toxic as this office.
Inefficient and unfriendly working environment
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 13, 2015
The Valbin Corporation is a poorly managed, inhospitable, and unsustainable business. The CEO is a hostile unrelenting tyrant who conducts them-self in a very disrespectful and unprofessional manner. The business often violates legal standards for compensation and benefits. Upon arriving to the company you receive no training and are personally attacked and chastised in group settings for the mismanagement of the company. Valbin's Corporate office houses 8 employee. Within the last 12 months Valbin has seen 14 employees resign their position due to the conduct and disrespect of the CEO and the hostile work environment. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Fun easy job, but horrible planning
Cob (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 22, 2015
Worked a COB for 2.5 weeks. The job was fun as a role player yet management hardly knew any information about the objectives. Made the job extremely hard to do effectively. Also it's been over a month since it has ended and have yet to get a single penny for it. Everyone I've contacted about it at say they are sorry I haven't received my pay yet or that it was sent out last week so I should. They clearly do not care about their temp employees.
Pros
Outdoors, fun, new people
Cons
Management, very slow to pay....hope I get paid.
Army Base translator
Foreign Language Specialist (FLS) (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 30, 2015
Translated arabic to english for American soldiers. Helped conducted language classes and interpretations. The best part of the job was meeting new people and learning the way the Army works.
Valbin
Force Protection Analyst- Culture Advisor linguist (Current Employee) –  Leggett, CAMarch 31, 2015
Great company to work for. Great management. Nice and hard worker co-workers to work with. Working condition can be harsh in the field. Even though it can be hard being away from home, it is still enjoyable with a great team to accomplish the goals.
Worked as a Spanish Interpreter
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Camp Bullis, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Worked as a Spanish Interpreter helping in a military Field Training Exercise in Camp Bullis, TX.
Awesome, fun, job!
Civilian Mission Readiness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 18, 2014
This was the most fun ever at a job!. Laying in ambush to attack a military convoy with mock explosions and blank rounds was insane fun!
Pros
Do It!
Cons
Do it!
enlightening
Spanish Linguist (Former Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXJune 30, 2014
It was very interesting and enlightening working for this company
Terrible managment, unprofessional, and lack of planning
Spanish Linguist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TXFebruary 26, 2014
Worked for a year for this company, during that time they show a lack of planing and managment. They did not have a clue about the program, forced people to provide 60+ days advance notice, they did not pay earned vacation to people who left the company. Very expensive health insurance. They presented a low bid to get contract cutting 40% salary, no advance opportunities.
Pros
Cons
Bad managment
My duty as Role Player and Cultural Adviser - part-time job.
To serve as Role Player and Cultural Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 13, 2014
My work with Valbin Corporation is a part time job. Once a week I am participating to a security training for members of the US department of State and USAID employees. So, I do not have a salary, but a perdiem of about 300 US dollar for each weekly training. As Role Player and Cultural Advisor, my role is to helping the participants to the training understand proper cultural customs and protocol that could help them during an emergency situation occurring in their diplomatic post.
The most enjoyable part of this job it is to help ensuring the security situation of the US foreign Service personnel during their stay abroad.
Job Description
Role Player (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJanuary 10, 2014
• Role play for the army soldiers.
• Learned how to speak Iran.
• Displayed social skills.
what i learned ?
English Language Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 13, 2013
i learned from valbin corpration :
dealing with government agencies .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valbin Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7