Valcom Employee Reviews

Small company, limited resources
Computer Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 10, 2015
Not much to say other than this company was a good starting point for me to get me going onto bigger and better things. The owner was a very strict but fair person.
Constantly changing environment and fresh air every day
IT Service Technician (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MONovember 4, 2014
Pros: encouraging environment, never a dull day, constant challenges
Cons: finding reliable backup or resources to help with troubleshooting
There was no typical day here. Every single day held a different adventure. I might be installing software for an insurance firm one day only to come in the next day to be sent to a smelting plant to install their new computers and clean out their printers. I became very skilled at learning everything I could about a network or system as quickly as possible in order to resolve whatever issues were waiting for me.
The most difficult part was the challenge of finding reliable resources to help with some of the more difficult issues.
I became proficient at researching and investigating issues before I traveled to the job site by simply asking the right questions and gathering the resources I needed. I learned something new every single day. My mind was never idle and neither was any working day. The people I worked with were fun and upbeat and the managers were encouraging and motivating.
Since I was constantly driving from one job to the next, I was able to get plenty of fresh air and exercise.
Great hours.
Manufacturing Assembler (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: pay
We work 4 10 hour days - Monday - Thursday. The job I do is easy. The supervision is good. I just wish it would pay better.
Good wages and benefits
Field Technician (Former Employee), Itasca, ILJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: great job enviroment. good wages and benefits.
Cons: excessive dress code
Valcom offers good wages and benefits. Supervisors will only give minimum supervision so you need to be able to work on your own and get good results or you won't last long.

This company has one of the longest sets of rules I have ever seen (the section on dress code for acceptable ties is a half page by itself, makeup for the ladies is over a page) but if you follow it and do your job, you will do fine at Valcom.

Supervision is at a minimum at best but you are expected to generate results. It is VERY easy to get complacent and slack off but don't do it! Management may not say much about it but they ARE watching you and they DO notice how well you are doing your job.
Fun, motivating
Sales Support Manager (Former Employee), Roanoke, VASeptember 27, 2013
Pros: management positive
Helped start three divisions of Valcom. All were successful. Inside Sales for products
Family Oriented
Configuration Control Coordinator (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAApril 29, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: building is dirty
I really enjoyed my job. They are very caring. Overall, this position taught me a great deal about how to work in a corporate environment.
Excellent communication between management and staff personnel.
3rd Shift Operator (Current Employee), Mesirow FinancialFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: no establishments locally for meals
Very good company to work for overall. The night shift (12:00 am til 08:00 am) is excellent as there is reliability on the personnel working that shift.
they suck
Jr Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Belmont, MAJune 13, 2012
They drop you like a bad habbit when the contract is over. Never heard from them after my contract to even see if they could place me again. They are not ones for a good partnership.