Valdosta State University Employee Reviews

Great
Valdosta Intramural Referee (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAMay 18, 2015
Perfect work environment for students, Works with your class schedule, Great management, co-workers are amazing, not complicated at all
Front Desk Clerk in Residential Halls
Front Desk Worker (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMay 8, 2015
A typical day at work involves heavy student interactions and often having to assist individuals coming in and out of the halls.
Great work place with the best people
Student Assistant Event Coordinator (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAApril 21, 2015
I have worked here for a year now. The Event Services team truly care about every organization on and off campus, the students and the faculty. Everyone give one hundred percent in everything they do in the workplace on a daily basis. The hard work, dedication and commitment that is put forth everyday makes this job a perfect place to work, learn and grow as an individual.
Learning to teach and coach students from K-12 grade.
Student (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Learning, making new friends, earning a degree.
Cons: No income at the time.
In class learning, presenting and testing.
A college education on Health and Physical education.
Very hands on evaluating and counseling.
Very helpful, worked very well as a team.
Testing.
Learning new subjects.
NEVER AGAIN (former employee)
student worker/cashier (Former Employee), valdosta gaJanuary 22, 2015
Very corrupt environment. Directors and department heads abuse the underpaid folks who do the actual work. Best part about the job is the fellow students.Since i graduated I can say this but the big bosses were very ugly to one of my managers in particular.
Fun and productive workplace
Cashier- Cashiered (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: free meals, great health care
A typical day at work began with prepping food for Quizno's including portioning the meats and slicing the tomatoes. I would also help cashier a little if we needed more people on the line. I would also periodically sweep the floors in the back and the dining area, refill the condiments, refill the napkin dispensers, and clean the windows.

This is when I learned how to cashier for the first time, which I dreaded at first, but I came to enjoy it and interacting with the customers. It made my and their day better.

Management was great. My supervisors and manager were great people, and we always had good times at work. Whenever I had a question or problem, they would always help me.

My co-workers were also enjoyable. We talked during down-time, and made our work enjoyable. We helped each other when we asked for it, and managed to get work done on time.
Productive and fun place to work.
Orientation Leader (Former Employee), Valdosta, GADecember 16, 2014
Pros: hands on experience, serving the students
All of my jobs at Valdosta State were great. I enjoyed talking and serving the students. I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Regional and very crucial university in the South Georgia
Instructor/Tutor (Former Employee), Valdosta, GADecember 10, 2014
Job work/life balance, compensation/benefits, job security/advancement, management, job culture are excellent.
Helpful and Good Experience
Lab Monitor / Student Assistant (Former Employee), Valdosta, GASeptember 17, 2014
All my supervisor were helpful and friendly and the job environment was calm and relaxing
Went for school
Research and Work (Former Employee), Valdosta, GASeptember 16, 2014
Great University
Received BS in Biology
It wasn't a company I worked for, just school
Completed work study for a year
Academic atmosphere
Managing Editor, Omnino (Current Employee), Valdosta, GASeptember 10, 2014
Wonderful place to advance academic and professional endeavors
Great University with a dedicated and caring Faculty and Staff
Accountant's Assistant, Marketing Assistant, (Former Employee), Valdosta, GaSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: no healthcare for temporary staff
I loved my time at VSU. In the two departments I worked in, I felt like I belonged to not just and strong team but a family.
Best Experience
Basketball Student Manager (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: travel, meet new people, watch team members improve in and out of the claseroom
Provided equipment and the means needed to run a complete practice. Performed tasks requested by coaching staff members and players. Served as on-court aid before and after practice by assisting with shooting drills. Responsible for scouting film to be viewed later for analysis in regards to both skill and scheme. Recorded score of each game. Attended each game. Participated in road trips. Ensured successful running of Team Camps.
Tutor (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAAugust 11, 2014
Great professional environment that promotes learning. My experience at this university was very enjoyable.
So So
Commencement Brass Quintet Member (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: easy hours.
Cons: it takes forever to get paid.
The human resources department is terrible. They are too cheap to actually mail you a printed check and require you to set up a direct deposit account even if the job is temporary. Then they will lose your work information and you will be lucky if you get paid 3 months after you finished the job.
Contructive and Enjoyable Working environment
IT Technician (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAJune 23, 2014
At Valdosta State University I currently work as an IT Student Technician (graduation date Spring 2015). I work at the Helpdesk on Valdosta State University Campus and also do mobile assistance around the campus to help with technical support The job is very flexible and I love every aspect of my job and it's benefits.
Productive and well managed with plenty of places to grow
e-Learning Coordinator (Former Employee), valdosta, GVJune 19, 2014
Pros: structural management
Cons: healthcare
• Resolve customer complaints regarding sales, billing, and service.

• Confer with potential customers regarding security needs and advise customers on security systems to purchase.

• Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement.

• Collaborate with company and project managers to exchange information, such as selling strategies and marketing information.

• Taking sales orders producing invoices, receipts, work orders, service agreements and other S&P related documents.

• Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
Excellent opportunity for students to learn and gather experience.
Graduate Student Intern- Counseling Center (Former Employee), VSU Counseling CenterApril 28, 2014
Pros: relaxed atmosphere, variety of clients, supportive staff
Cons: unpaid internship, long hours, very packed schedule
As a counseling intern, you could not ask for a better place to gain experience. The clients of the Counseling Center come in every shape and variety, and the counselors on staff have seen and worked with almost any case you can think of. From severe trauma to difficulties studying, an intern at the counseling center will be well-prepared in their professional development. All of the staff counselors take special care not to put too much on an intern's plate, but at the same time expect you to act as if you were a staff member. If you need to consult another counselor on an issue they are always more than willing to accommodate you, and treat interns as equals rather than students. The hardest part of the job is dealing with some of the more severe clients; as a novice this can be very intimidating. However, you will always have the support of the Counseling Center staff to support you and these difficult clients with sometimes severely traumatic issues can be a trial by fire, molding each intern that works at the Counseling Center into a competent counselor.
Great Learning Environment
Play Announcer (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMarch 27, 2014
Great place to work on our production skills and talent at this University.
Perfect for experience and learning
Student Researcher (unpaid) (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: experience on campus with professors
Cons: relying on fund-raisers to go on psych conventions
In my position as an unpaid student researcher, I got exactly what I expected: time with people who knew their skills and were willing to teach me. In my work, we logged in when we arrived at the work station and began training, or entering data, or teaching students, and continued donating the hours we promised until the end of the day when we'd neatly pack up.
I learned how to create master codes, work Microsoft Excel, schedule testing sites and days, recruit participants, how critical it is to train researchers in the same study, what attending a psychological convention entails, and working under stressful deadlines.
The hardest part of the job was pinning down time to learn the complex formulas needed to write the results of the article. The most enjoyable part of the job was entering the data and keeping everything in its place.

1 2 3