Valdosta State University Employee Reviews

Productive fun work environment
Delivery Worker (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 16, 2016
Valdosta State University is a great place to work and the benefits are excellent. It is a great place to work if you plan of going to school to further your education.
Only for student
Residence Hall Lobby Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 5, 2016
The job was okay, not all employees opinions were heard. The RA's selected the hours to work first, the we chose our hours. We were often left with the graveyard shifts. Good if those are your primetime hours.
Very nice school
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 23, 2015
Very calm and quiet environment made for learning and teaching. The administration has minor problems but overall this is a very good school in a very nice town.
Pros
nice size campus
Cons
increased tuition, poor management
Great place to work. Great students, faculty, and Dean.
BSN Faculty (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 1, 2015
Loved working at Valdosta State. It was a great teaching environment. The Dean was a great leader and mentor for faculty and students. Students were respectful and eager to learn. All faculty members workered together as a team.
Pros
Great place to work.
Deparment Secretary
Senior Secretary (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 19, 2015
You are placed in to this job and expected to know the ends and outs of the posistion with weeks.

You were in charge of taking care of 18 professors and their individual supply, copy and travel need.

The best part of the jobs was intereacting with the students and helping the reach their goals
Pros
Good Retirement
Cons
No a friendly environment to work
Work Study
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 27, 2015
This was a work study position. It was convenient and paid minimum wage. Just having money coming in every 2 weeks was good at that time. Being a study and working can be challenging so this position was perfect at the time.
Work atmosphere is great
Auxiliary Facilities Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 30, 2015
Working at Valdosta State was overall a pleasant experience and a great college atmosphere. I made a lot friends there that I will keep for a lifetime. The middle management which I was a part of was competent and enjoyable for the most part. The upper management was extremely volatile and untrustworthy which is evident from the constant turnover and scandal.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
Unstable upper management
HR Intern (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GaJune 29, 2015
A typical day entails greeting guests and answering phones. Spend most time at the front desk. Management is pretty laid-back, but expectations are clear. Co-workers are very helpful and enjoyable to work with.
Great and exciting place to work with benefits!!
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Office of Student LifeJune 23, 2015
Typically we spend most of our time acting as the hub of student life, hence the name Student Life Office. We take the time to ensure that students are aware of various aspects of student life as they are available on our wonderful campus. We not only inform students of these opportunities, but we also foster these opportunities through the volunteer services, Campus Activities Board, and the Student Union. All of these services fall under Student Life and present numerous events and possibilities for VSU community. The staff is very helpful, bright, and a humorous group of individuals. The director is a great leader and baker as well. We often get a good amount of free food or home baked goods, just because. The other student assistants and graduate assistants come and go, but they always add value to the office.
Pros
Free benefits for union staff, baked goods!!
Cons
Limited hours for office staff
Teaching while taking classes
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 5, 2015
Independently working on class lessons and taking classes is feasible. This position is suited for individuals seeking to increase public speaking skills.
Pros
Tuition waiver included for tuition
Cons
Not enough money to live on.

Want to know more about Valdosta State University?

Ask a question
A typical Day at school
Chemistry Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 29, 2015
I attend school here. Also I do an internship and work for the campus. I contribute all of time and money into this place.
I usually start my day at 8am and I go to class. After my class I walk up to the third floor of the same building and go to work. After I leave work I either have another class, research, or Im done for the day.
Educational,
Academic Advisor in Mass Media Department (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 22, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the my job was working with college students and seeing them succeed in the academic world.
The hardest part of the job is when a student does not care about their education.
My co-workers all were great and supported each staff.
Pros
Going to free lunches.
Cons
Pay
Great
Valdosta Intramural Referee (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 18, 2015
Perfect work environment for students, Works with your class schedule, Great management, co-workers are amazing, not complicated at all
Front Desk Clerk in Residential Halls
Front Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 8, 2015
A typical day at work involves heavy student interactions and often having to assist individuals coming in and out of the halls.
Great work place with the best people
Student Assistant Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAApril 21, 2015
I have worked here for a year now. The Event Services team truly care about every organization on and off campus, the students and the faculty. Everyone give one hundred percent in everything they do in the workplace on a daily basis. The hard work, dedication and commitment that is put forth everyday makes this job a perfect place to work, learn and grow as an individual.
Learning to teach and coach students from K-12 grade.
Student (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAApril 6, 2015
In class learning, presenting and testing.
A college education on Health and Physical education.
Very hands on evaluating and counseling.
Very helpful, worked very well as a team.
Testing.
Learning new subjects.
Pros
Learning, making new friends, earning a degree.
Cons
No income at the time.
NEVER AGAIN (former employee)
student worker/cashier (Former Employee) –  valdosta gaJanuary 22, 2015
Very corrupt environment. Directors and department heads abuse the underpaid folks who do the actual work. Best part about the job is the fellow students.Since i graduated I can say this but the big bosses were very ugly to one of my managers in particular.
Fun and productive workplace
Cashier- Cashiered (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 9, 2015
A typical day at work began with prepping food for Quizno's including portioning the meats and slicing the tomatoes. I would also help cashier a little if we needed more people on the line. I would also periodically sweep the floors in the back and the dining area, refill the condiments, refill the napkin dispensers, and clean the windows.

This is when I learned how to cashier for the first time, which I dreaded at first, but I came to enjoy it and interacting with the customers. It made my and their day better.

Management was great. My supervisors and manager were great people, and we always had good times at work. Whenever I had a question or problem, they would always help me.

My co-workers were also enjoyable. We talked during down-time, and made our work enjoyable. We helped each other when we asked for it, and managed to get work done on time.
Pros
free meals, great health care
Productive and fun place to work.
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 16, 2014
All of my jobs at Valdosta State were great. I enjoyed talking and serving the students. I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Pros
hands on experience, serving the students
Regional and very crucial university in the South Georgia
Instructor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 10, 2014
Job work/life balance, compensation/benefits, job security/advancement, management, job culture are excellent.

4.5