Valeant Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Valeant Review
QA Manager for IT/Electronic Quality Systems (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJSeptember 16, 2017
Valeant was a fast-paced company but always wanted to be done correctly. New building and the Sr. Management wanted everyone to be comfortable.
If required they would give you time off, and they had no issue if the timeline were a critical part of a process they would bring food to your floor, very help and kind.
Pros
Great place to work, and grow
Cons
Contract
Horrible Place
Territy Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 9, 2017
Worst mistake I ever made in my career is working her. Employees are not valued and the turnover is unreal. Synergy and Radius wiped out the entire sales force because they are an unethical and poorly ran organization. They lure people with promise of making 12.5 - 50 k bonus per quarter but then jack the number to ensure that never happens. Shady and unethical. Don't do it.
Pros
free lunches, big budget
Cons
long hours, weekend work, they expect you to get car serviced and do expense reports and admin work in personal time, no office time allowed, require signatures before 8:30 and after 4:30
Good entry to Pharma depending on Business Unit
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2017
Valeant is beginning to make a turnaround. Salary is low however depending on Business Unit you may be able to get industry average. Bonus/commission can be good, depending on business unit. Derm pays the best bonus, ophthalmology has the best salaries but lower bonus and Neuro has low salaries and low bonus structure.
Pros
Great place to get a start in Pharma
Cons
Salary low
Decent company to work for
Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJanuary 25, 2017
It was a decent place to work, very long hours and hard working. The headquarters is on the east coast and we were placed on the west. The challenge was bad press, and having Valeant sell our division.
Pros
Location, local staff
Cons
Bad press
treated me like garbage during interviews
bridgewater location (Former Employee) –  bridgewater locationJune 7, 2016
asked me to use my CELL phone for a 1hr phone interview AT THEIR OFFICES where phones were everywhere

left me hanging for a month between interviews then pretended that was normal when they really dropped the ball

I had to fill out my application 2 times and give salary info a 3rd time

rude emails

left me hanging

unprofessional demeanor by HR
Cons
seems like a real p hole from their actions
Great management
Bi-Lingual French Customer Relations Associate III (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 18, 2016
B+L has gone with a big transition when Valeant acquired B+L but still a great company to work for! Sales are steadily growing despite lower stock values.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Tied to the phone all day
In my opinion this is the worst place you could ever work!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME SERIOUSLY
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 23, 2015
In my opinion communication within the company, non existant. And unlike what another person said the jobs are not internal anymore. Time served is not rewarded or recognized. Once hired you cannot move for 18months if they allow you to move at all. It is a company of favoritism, they do what they want and if they want you in a position they will put you there but if they dont you will not advance. It can take anywhere from 4 months to a year to get hired if at all. Some temporary workers get run off. The company Bausch and Lomb used to be highly regarded as a top place to work in this area but since Valeant has taken over it has gone down hill. Plenty of overtime, be prepared to work mostly every weekend, be prepared to be uprooted at any time, change your job title, change your days worked and hours whenever they see fit without any explanation.All upper management lies to their employees and point fingers at other management to blame, that is why so many upper management have either been fired or quit in such a short time. the only thing I can say positive is the pay is decent for those who get hired, for the temporary people it is no better than working at McDonalds. It is as someone said a hostile environment because workers are treated so poorly without respect.
Horrible, horrible management
distribution (Former Employee) –  lynchburg, vaFebruary 5, 2015
This place is horrible to its employees. They don't value anyone and management treats people as if they are beneath them.;Very hostile environment. The only chance of advancement is to advance out the door. Don't work here, you are guaranteed to regret it!!!
Pros
work is easy, lots of overtime, since you won't make much without it
Cons
bad management, hostile employers, incompetent supervision
The company is like the job posting. ..
production (Former Employee) –  Greenville scDecember 21, 2014
The company is just like the job description and posting; a joke.
The Valeant organization has decentralized Human Resources departments so the job posting is for an internal candidate. They are just going through the motions and that is the nature of the organization; going through the motions. The only true way to advance is find another job. Do yourself a favorite for career and wellness of life and find another job.
Pros
nice job locations
Cons
everything else
RUN!!! Horrible place
finance (Former Employee) –  bridgewater njNovember 19, 2014
Place is completely delusional and based on nothing but lies...management is awful but seem to think they are perfection..all the bad reviews are no exaggeration!!
Pros
week of for Xmas
Cons
working there
If your a REAL mechanic, you will not be here.
production mechanic 2 (Former Employee) –  tampa, flApril 18, 2014
Any experienced mechanic, don't bother working here. You will be nothing more than an operator 90% of the time. Line leads will treat you like garbage, and so will anybody else that the company considers "above" you. You are not a part of maintenance here, you are at the control of production, line leads, group leads, team leads..etc. So be prepared to have a dozen people that have no clue telling you what to do as a mechanic....I mean operator. Your experience and background means nothing here, you will setup, and operate the equipment....that is it. Most of your shift will be putting paper onto the machine. If your the type that enjoys redundant tasks and being pushed around, and treated like dirt...this is the job for you.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
hostile work environment, no room for advancement, empty promises
RUN, don't walk, away from this company
Sales (Former Employee) –  FieldJanuary 9, 2014
This company is 100% careless about their employees, customers, or anything else but the few at the top for personal and investor's benefit. DO NOT WORK HERE
Pros
None since they destroyed Medicis
Cons
Awful management, intimidation, sabotage
Great place to broaden skill set
Project Manager, Marketing Operations (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 21, 2013
Valeant values hard work and employees who have the ability to perform multiple job duties simultaneously. A typical work day is very fast paced, and it's always something different. While working here I learned to move quickly, learn quickly and to adapt to a new environment. I liked that I was always on my toes, learning something new that I would not have had the opportunity to learn otherwise. They are known for acquiring other companies therefore job security and moral is not very high. The hardest part about the job was not knowing when our last day was going to be. Each time a company is acquired, a large group of employees are let go.
Pros
You learn a lot
Cons
Job Security, Moral, Benefits, Salary
Extremely stressful work environment
IT (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater NJFebruary 8, 2013
It's all about the stock price, there is no money spent on employees beyond the basic benefits. Management is only interested in saving their hides and pointing fingers, they do not help employees or take any blame. There is no following procedures and there are numerous SOX violations, when brought to the attention of management they turn a deaf ear. If you are not a yes man and do not bend your life to their whim you will be out the door.
Cons
unstable environment, unsupportive management, no perks at all