Valence Health Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Enjoy Coworkers
Level III Claims Adjudicator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2017
Good place to work. They gave me an opportunity when I did not have an claims processing experience and I am thankful they did. Team Lead and supervisors are always willing to help out and provide the necessary tools to be able to do the job accurately and effectively. I love working here.
A great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2017
A typical day at work was signing in on computer so I can answer phone calls. I loved helping people who needed assistance changing PCPs or just had questions about their benefits. There is a great management team at Valence. The hardest part of job was not being able to help someone because of our policies. I liked the work atmosphere. And, I had great coworkers.
Pros
Pay and health insurance
Cons
Day time work schedule
Great People
HEALTHCARE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2017
Wonderful colleagues and work culture. My only complaint is that although they try to make advancement transparent, it isn't. Also, they will not contribute to your 401k and the health insurance sucks. But the work is very interesting, the environment laid back and friendly, and the happy hours plentiful.
very good place to work
Licensed Vocational Nurse, Medical Management (Former Employee) –  austin texasMay 10, 2017
excellent people. a good work environment. work from home is a plus. reimbursement for expenses in line of duty. great benefits. family oriented. management very receptive and willing to listen to new ideas. i would love to work for them again whenever they ask.
Pros
family oriented and work from home a plus
Comfortable place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2017
I got to Valence in the middle of their transition being bought out by Evolent Health. Both companies have done a great job meshing both of their core values into one solid company
Valence Health (now known as Evolent Health or Cicerone Health)
Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2017
I will never make the mistake of recommending this company to anyone. Management does not lose a breath before throwing people under the bus for their own personal satisfaction. Highly toxic and petty work atmosphere. HR is unresponsive and acts pretty much non-existent. Before trying to be mentors and managers, you need to learn some people skills and ethics. It will take you a lot further in life than up the corporate ladder.
Pros
Compensation, Office Location, Office amenities
Cons
Benefits, Work Culture, Everything mentioned in the review.
Productive and wonderful workplace.
Mailroom Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 18, 2017
The atmosphere was great. Everyone is friendly and wants you to succeed. You are not required to have previous experience. They will train you for your job.
Valence
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  540 w madisoApril 15, 2017
I learned a lot regarding COB segments, information on terming and renewing insurance. Adding babies to policies for certain lengths of time and new enrollment qualifications.
Best job ever and people are great
LVN UM Prior authorization (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 29, 2017
I could not ask for a better job. Although healthcare and policies go through rapid changes it has been challenging to learn. But this company understands what we endure daily with all changes. The supervisors actually tell you thank you for any extra work that you have done. I love my job and do all I can to make and help things run smoothly. Excellent pay and everyone is so helpful. Lots of team work in all plans.
Pros
Pay, eventually work from home, less stress than my old job
Great Employees
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2017
A fantastic group of employees that embrace the challenges of an ever-changing dynamic and industry. I learned a great deal from Valence and look forward to carrying that forward to my next opportunity.
Poor training , poor retention, unrealistic production, no consistency in work flow,poor communication, create rules and policies as you go along.
Um department (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 8, 2017
Run! Not worth the stress!
Building a strong foundation is imperative. Training is essential. Consistency they lack tremendously!
Pros
Accessible to transportation
Cons
No consistency, poor training, high turn over rate, cut in pay, unrealustic expectations.
Nice Clean call center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXFebruary 7, 2017
This Call center is very well maintained its not for the ghetto or people that want to be absent 4 times a month and be late and then want to know why they got fired. It is fast paced you must be a very fast learner and not afraid to ask questions. The pay is decent, drama free environment and i hope it stays this way.
Great work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJanuary 30, 2017
I enjoyed working for valence health,my typical day at work was facing the challenge of customer and supporting them in the issues or problems they came across with their health insurance. I would go above and beyond to help a customer with the billing and claim status of their policies. I learned that all jobs are challenging you just have to put all your heart and abilities to care about your job in order to be concern about your members. The work place was a fast past environment and you had to know all prospects of your job to be a great customer service representative. The hardest part of the job was when you had did the best you could do and the customer was just not satisfied. The most enjoyable part of the job was the different task you had to learn on a daily basis to keep up with the different changes.
Pros
Being rewarded for your great work.
Cons
The different changes was a plus for me because it was for the better.
Good place to start a career in the healthcare industry.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Valence Health maintans multiple healthcare insurance accounts with trained customer service representatives and a 93% adherence. CSR's are required to establish a professional working relationship with both the member and provider.
Pros
25 days PTO
Cons
Adherence
Encouraging workplace with some kinks to work out
Product Analyst and Owner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2016
Worked from home and my coworkers were usually supportive, excited, and in general fun. Management struggled and changes in structure did lead to some frustrations, but attempts were made to make things better. The company has recently been acquired.
Pros
people
Cons
management
Growing company
Associate Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2016
Lots of changes and growth. Different then what i have done in the past. A little travel and work from home.
I believe the management style is not the normal.
Fast paced Call Center
Customer Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXJuly 18, 2016
Valence Health is a growing company and has alot of room for improvement. Training department being most important. You can't expect a great employee without the proper training
Very Rapidly Growing Company
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2016
Fast pace and fast growing company. Plenty of room for advancement.Must be flexible and open to change. Current flexible work schedule very beneficial
The absolute worst place I ever worked.
CLAIM SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2016
They hired a Claims Director and a Claims Manager with absolutely no claim knowledge or experience. Office is now being run like a popularity contest, no evidence of professionalism.
Pros
None.
Cons
Horrible management.
Management is very disorganized, very little training.
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 28, 2016
Management is very disorganized. Very little training despite numerous requests by myself and other members of CM team.
Pros
Free beverages
Cons
Disorganized management and lack of adequate training.