Valencia College Employee Reviews

Great respect for Valencia College.
Student Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2017
My experience at Valencia was as a student volunteer while attending classes there. Through my experience in the Honors program, I gained valuable education, insight, and experience which continue to inform me. Because of their programs and opportunities, I completed my associate's degree and was able to transfer to Rollins College to complete my undergraduate degrees. I have great respect for the work Valencia College does.
Best place to work
Budget and Analysis Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Valencia College is the best place to work and improve your education. Human Resources was awarded for the management of conflicts and the numerous workshops to help you improve the performance of your job.
Pros
Participation in student events
Great place to call work; relaxing and rewarding
Engineering Laboratory Aide I (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 16, 2016
The most enjoyable and rewarding part of this position is seeing the student's progress throughout the semester through curriculum assistance and advisement. The hardest part of this position is to advise and mentor every student.
Pros
Use of 3D printer and Lab Equipment
Cons
No benefits for part-time employees
Aspen Award Winning Community College
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 22, 2016
Assisted new educators and led by a great leader. My colleagues were impressive and dedicated. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference in young peoples' lives.
very productive and fun work place
Network Technician/Tutoring (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2016
Valencia college is a great place to work with many opportunities to learn. Great team work and the administration and supervisors were very ready to listen and make sure everything was right.
Pros
great opportunity to learn
Cons
not much working hours. I was part time
Nice facility
Adjunct Professor (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at Valencia. For a community college, the resources are very good. The students have been positive and motivated for the most part. My direct supervisor seeks my opinion and feedback.
Cons
possibility for advancement not great
Excellent academic environment for students
Spanish & Latin American Humanities Professor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2016
Dedicated professors help serious students achieve their goals. I worked with Dean David Sutton and Chair Lester Sandres- Rapalo on many occasions to examine the program. They are inventive, creative,intelligent and dedicated.
Great institution to work at!
Staff Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2016
Valencia college is a great place to work with many opportunities.There is a lot of room to grow and develop administrative skills.
Great Place to Start Teaching College
Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2016
Valencia College has a a diversity of both students, faculty and staff. They are very welcoming to everyone.

I enjoyed my interaction with the students inside the classroom and outside the classroom such as tutoring center or college events on campus. I also enjoyed the continuing education courses they offer to the staff/faculty.
Pros
Professional Development and Constant interaction with people
Cons
Hard to move up
Student, learning-centered, not a research school
Associate professor - adjunct (Current Employee) –  Orlando East, Orlando West, Winter ParkJune 6, 2016
I am privileged to teach at Valencia College, as I felt privileged to teach at the University of Phoenix before that. Valencia has exceptional professional development training for faculty. I am seeking online courses to teach in order to accommodate my travel and speaking schedule.
Pros
Truly a learning-centered environment. Great students!
Cons
No job security, and no further opportunity for advancement
Best place to work at, diverse, great management!
Records Management System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2016
Everyone here at Valencia are all respectful with each other, the work life balance is great. I can't tell you enough how much I love my job here at Valencia College!
Pros
Great benefits, great hours, great people all around, great management, all around all pros.
Cons
No cons.
Good environment to see students grow
Learning Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2016
A typical day at work is all about interacting with a very diverse group of students and staff. I've learned how to solve problems from many different angles. Management needs improvement. Co-workers are very laid back. Hardest part of the job is dealing with unprepared students who expect everything without giving anything. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing the students' success stories.
ELectrical Engineering Assistant / Tutor
Lab Instructor I / Electrical Engineering (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 14, 2016
Assisted in setup and implementation of classroom labs. Available to students for tutoring in AC/DC Circuits, Semi-Conductors, Software Applications, Optics, Lasers, and Advanced Math including Calculus I, II, III, Differential Equations, and others.
great and easy workplace for college students
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 4, 2016
very well organized. nice staff, get job to do as a college student . they care about you and your classes.as a work study your work 20 hours a week so you have time to do your class work.
I enjoyed working there. The staff members are all kind hearted and helpful
Orientation Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 2, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of setting up a large room with 50 or more portfolios depending on the amount of students coming in for Orientation. All the while sitting at the information station to assist guest and student with any questions they may have about the school.
Pros
Great enviornement
Valencia Supports Learning
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  FLApril 21, 2016
Valencia is a good place to learn and grow as an individual. There are some good people working at Valencia who care about students and colleagues while maintaining a high level of professionalism. Others tend to micro-manage and treat employees like they're not professional adults.
Pros
Learning Environment/1/2-day Fridays in Summer
Cons
Micromanagement
The cutting edge of academic excellence!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 13, 2016
Valencia is an excellent place to work. The college is very student focused and gives faculty a strong voice in how things are run. As a student, faculty, or staff member, you are actively encouraged to connect and collaborate with colleagues and find new and inventive ways to support and encourage student learning.
Pros
Highly collaborative -- works well when the best direction is unknown
Cons
Highly collaborative -- hinders progress when the best direction is already known
Educational Enviorment
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 22, 2016
Productive Supportive and a great place to work.. Amazing training, and great staff and faculty. Positive, clean, locations.
Pros
Paid Holidays, Free Medical and College Funds
I enjoyed Valencia
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 25, 2016
I enjoyed attaining my degree at Valencia. It was a lot of studying and hard work. But the Professors were always there for me to reference any issue I ran into.
Productive, Professionally, and Enjoyable
Student Development (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 8, 2016
Welcome by employers and employees and right away start working. Email companies, look over semester schedule, and have a chat with the boss to see status of our work
Pros
Amazing management, benefits, and connections
Cons
Stagnant and repetitious in creativity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valencia College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6