Valencia College Employee Reviews

Valencia is rewarding
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 30, 2016
Valencia College is a rewarding environment. Working each day with the up and coming next generation of workers and leaders, keeps my mind and soul refreshed.
Through Valencia College, I have had the opportunity of continue my education and learn new and important changing I can implement in all of my courses and for future employers.
Pros
continuing education, great schedule
Cons
Adjuncts are the backbone of universities but there is no job security
Can't imagine my life without Valencia
Staff Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 18, 2015
I was a student, intern, study abroad participant, work-study, and employee for Valencia College and I am happy to say that it will always be a significant part of me. Valencia is an incredibly supportive environment for its students and staff, and it feels very much like home. Most of my work colleagues are close friends of mine, and management is usually easy going. Valencia College prides itself in being easily accessible, relatable, and encouraging to everyone that comes their way, and they've done a tremendous job in achieving that goal.
Pros
Great environment, staff and student workers are super helpful, walk-in and casual feel
Cons
Can get hectic during peak deadlines
I enjoyed the culture and creative environment at Valencia College.
TENURED, LEAD PROFESSOR OF NURSING for Nursing III (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2015
Valencia College is a wonderful place to work the people are supportive from those who kept our campus' safe, to those who facilitated the learning of our students, and everyone in between. Our Community Partners as Corporations and Individuals within the Healthcare Systems are fantastic and supportive of our Nursing Students and College. Faculty truly care about each other and administration is supportive and inclusive as Faculty sit on most of the 4 Cornerstone Committees. The President of the College and the Presidents of the Campuses are open and supportive. Great place to work and everyone will be missed.
Pros
Educational opportunities, supportive employees from the top on down.
Cons
Some State politics and little room for promotion.
Fun work Place
Book Store Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 18, 2015
I love to work here, interacting and helping students is the best part, and my assistance manager is the best, I couldn't ask for anyone better. Everything that I know was because she gave me the opportunity to apply my own skills. But after two years of trying to get a full-time position, it's time for me to move on. I need a full time job with benefits. since I don't have that with a part-time.
Pros
Very small campuses where all the staff know each other and even get to know students very well"
Cons
It is hard to get a full time staff position
Great Intermediate Job
Mathematics Instructional Assistant Senior (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 6, 2015
Had an amazing time working for Valencia. The culture is laid back and the whole staff is super friendly. Pay is not the best and job security is questionable but I felt at home here.
Hard to move up its about who you know
Assist students/faculty (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2015
I am telling you it is not that glamorous if they are this big its because they use people to their benefit more than they care about them. most promotions for advancement is for people that are friend with the managers hiring.
Valencia College is a great place to work.
Dean, Division of Engineering & Technology (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2015
I have been with Valencia for over 15 years. I started as an adjunct faculty member in 1998 and was then offered a full-time, tenure-track position in 2000. I received tenure in 2003 and have served in a variety of increasingly more complex roles at the college over the years.

Valencia is a large institution and sometimes that makes it difficult to get work done. Even so, the institution has been nationally recognized as a global leader in community college education, receiving the inaugural Aspen Prize in 2011.

Valencia encourages self-motivation and self-management. This is an ideal work environment for me as I am my own worst critic and supervisors are always more than satisfied with my work production as well as my ethics.

The hardest part of my job is that no matter how much we accomplish, we tend to focus on the work we have yet to do. We need to take time to celebrate our highlights and accomplishments and refresh before we continue to focus on the deeper work of connecting education to those who need it most.
Pros
Supportive work environment
Cons
No merit pay - everyone makes the same at the same level regardless of performance
Great Place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2015
Other than the pay and the job advancement, or should I say lack there of, it is a great place to work. The benefits are the best I have ever seen. You get 30 paid days off a year if you are full-time. I rarely use any of my vacation time.
Pros
Great benefits, great atmosphere
Cons
Pay, advancement
Productive with students
Student Wellness Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Orlando FlAugust 21, 2015
I promoted health wellness through education. There are events that were on campus such as welcome back week that is hosted every beginning of the semester and also gave students the choice to get free HIV tested.
Great Job but funding was cut
Senior Technical Advisor of Medical Simulation (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2015
 Developed and ran all aspects of Medical Simulation for Health Sciences Division - Paramedic, Cardiovascular, and Repiratory Departments.  Proficient in Gaumard, CAE, Simbionix and Laerdal models  Personally responsible for maintenance, repair and programming of all simulators as well as maintaining and ordering medical inventory and needed supplies
Pros
Cutting edge tech. ANd working with studentd
Cons
Poor management and funding to support position
Great
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 28, 2015
This job is great, but offers no advancement or raises for individual performance. I am focused on education at the moment, so this is just a stepping stone for me while I am in college.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
cubical
Students Culture
EPA Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2015
Valencia is a great place to meet students from all over the world who are willing to share their knowledge and creative minds.
Nerf Guns
Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  KissimmeeJuly 15, 2015
Always busy, and lots of people with lots of different needs. Will never be bored, but will have to repeat the same rules over and over. Its big and open there is lots of sun and at closing time if not too tried there maybe a Nerf gun war.
Pros
Closing time Fun
Cons
Busy Busy Busy
Very fastpace environment, ongoing problems that one needs to sovle
Campus Budget Committee Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2015
Great job, despite how demanding it became at times especially juggling work and school at the same time was a bit overwhelming.
overall a great place to work
Dispatch/ Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 27, 2015
I enjoy working there, I've learned how to use Data card ID system. I enjoy working with my co-workers management and staff are all great. The benefits are great.
Excellent school and a great place to work.
Curriculum Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2015
Valencia College in Orlando, Florida offers both 2-year and 4-year degrees. Valencia College has an excellent reputation in central Florida, and I fully recommend any student in the area to consider Valencia College.
Reliable, easygoing and success oriented
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FlJune 3, 2015
I started my career in the financial field and it is a very interesting and lucrative field. to summarize I use to implement and manage projects. I learned how coaching is the best approach to management, how to coordinate between the different departments.
I decided to switch careers and go to high education field. I am still using my coaching skills in facilitating my classes. I also learned patience, tolerance and self control.
The hardest part of my actual job is to see some students not passing and the most enjoyable one is being part of somebody's success.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
Friendly environment
STAFF ASSISTANT, INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2015
The overall Valencia Staff is very friendly always helpful however, the opportunity for growth is not extensive. Pay is ok, could be better.
Loved Valencia College
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 9, 2015
This institution is an amazing one. They are not only very passionate about the success of their students, but they are genuinely interested in the happiness of their employees.
Great College.
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 7, 2015
Learning how to become a programmer and furthering my education. I had a great time going to this College and I plan to have a great time at UCF when I go there fall of 2015.

4.6