Valencia College Employee Reviews

nice place
Student (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2017
Valencia community college is a nice college to go to. I don't work there but i study there. It's really a nice college with nice teacher willing to help
fun
Architectural Critique Jury (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 22, 2017
Providing constructive feedback to Architectural Design students on design concepts and project development.
-it was very rewarding to help other students
Excellent work experience and great leadership.
Wellness Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 21, 2017
Great training and freedom to create events for the students. I had the opportunity to meet the president of the college and the campus and I learned a lot from them.
Laboratory Assistant
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 14, 2017
Very easy place to work, most days were spent assisting students with homework and or providing tutoring to students who need additional assistance.

The hardest part about being a lab assistant is finding a balance between academics (if you're still attending class) and helping in the lab.
Friendly and Welcoming Environment
Laboratory Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2017
Depending on which campus you apply at the work environment is relatively stress free and welcoming. Friendly and team oriented work style is among the lab staff at Valencia. Part time workers do not get paid time off or health benefits. However if you do need time off they are more than accommodating to your needs (ex family emergency). Would recommend this place to anyone who would like a friendly and family working environment.
Pros
Easily take time off, Decent part time pay
Cons
No benefits, no overtime
Valencia Excellence
Office Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 8, 2017
Valencia is a fantastic place to go to school and to work. Very committed to diversity with students, faculty, and staff. People are kind and engaging.
Pros
Great hours, great benefits
Cons
Some jobs are very high stress
A great College!
Student Welcome Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 8, 2017
A typical work day was very straight forwards, constantly working with a diverse group of people that value diversity. I improved my professionalism and customer service skills.
Pros
Close to home and school, great pay for my experience, amazing learning enviornment
Cons
It was an internship and I wish I had the chance to be an employee.
great workplace culture
STUDENT LEADER-ORIENTATION TEAM (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2017
very friendly atmosphere,very motivated and passionate staff.lots of leadership training and opportunity to grow. Good management. Here I learned how to be very professional, efficient and reliable.
Its very easy to get along with everybody.
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  1800 Denn John Ln Kissimmee, Fl 34744June 4, 2017
Overall a great company to work for, great benefits, and excellent opportunities to progress in your career path. I started out as a landscaper and now studying to achieve my Pesticides Applicator License.
Pros
Good Enviroment
Cons
There is always someone watching you.
Rewarding work
Assistant technology representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 2, 2017
When I was working here, I would assist students with impairments through technological services. Also, I would maintain hardwares, and attend/set up events or work shops.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Part time, you don't work during school breaks, and it's minimum wage.
A great place to make it a career!
Assistant Custodial Supervisor EC (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2017
The benefits, management and job culture is great! The package have pay holidays, spring break and Christmas! Also the short fridays in the summer. An $1,100 for professional development every year!
Pros
The Compensation/Benefits
Cons
Advancement/promotion within
great place to work
Student Leader (Welcome Team) (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 30, 2017
part of a work study, was really fun and great place to work. Met a lot of students and parents, etc. Did a lot of planning and school events and had off site charity events, etc.
Easy to move up
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2017
You do not need to know or understand your position to move up. Everyone here has favorites.so just kiss the donkey, and you will do very well here
Pros
Basic 9-5 job
Cons
You won't learn anything new after year 1
Great Institution
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 22, 2017
Great college to work for. Wonderful, intelligent faculty and innovated thinkers. Pay is good for an adjunct status. I definitely recommend the college to those who wish to grow on the academic front.
Na
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 14, 2017
I was a student at Valencia college, i also did volunteer work there. Great place, fun enviorment and good place to get an education and work. i encourage anyone to work there.
Pros
na
Cons
Na
Great
Mathematic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 2, 2017
For a part-time job, the job is great for a college student. Working as a tutor, it helps you refresh what you have learned in previous courses taken provided to students. I enjoy helping students because I know how it feels to be a college student. It could be tough taking difficult courses. Therefore, when I provide service to a student, so they could have a better understanding with the material; its satisfying.
Enriching experience
Supplemental Learning Student Leader (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 2, 2017
When it came to working for this company, positivity was the office culture. As long as you were willing to help the students understand their material, you would have a team of experts behind you every step of the way
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Not that many hours
Typical community college
Professor of English (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 25, 2017
Lots of classes to teach, meetings to attend and students to address needs. Rewarding to help students. Difficult to always please administration. Politics as in every office...
Great "family-like" workplace
Student Activity Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 20, 2017
Valencia is a great company to work for. The benefits are great and the staff are generally very friendly. My only complain is that sometimes some people that are friends with higher management advance within the company faster than other staff.
Productive Work Study at Valencia College
Work study (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 16, 2017
Working at Valencia College teaches me better ways to communicate with people. I learned how to talk to people in a calm manner. There are time where it can be difficult when students tend to be insubordinate but thats always expected in any work environment. The best part I love about this job is the team work. My Co-workers are always right there to help me with anything I am having difficulty with.
Pros
Early registration for classes
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valencia College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6