Valencia College

Valencia College Employer Reviews

Leader in Higher Education
Student Services Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 13, 2014
Valencia is a leader in the nation with advanced programs that not only prepare students for higher level degrees but for life.

Assisting students with their educational goals is most rewarding in that you get to see their progress and fulfill their desire to advance themselves.

Great co-workers, great opportunities for advancement and professional – more... personal growth. – less
Collegiate Environment
Math Adjunct (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2014
Pros: flexibility in non classroom working hours
Cons: no real designated office space
Good place to work, energetic student population, technology and pacing is current so you are at cutting edge of what is happening in your field now.

Typical day depends on what classes you are teaching.
Standard teaching protocol: lecturing, quizzing/testing, grading and assigning final course grade.
Supervisors are easy to work with
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 11, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: not enough work
Excellent place to work, but work is limited. Co-workers are friendly
Student Leader
Student Leader (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2014
Pros: benefits
I conduct campus tours as well as make I'Ds for students and staff. I interact with different people each day, and have learned to relate with them, and make them feel comfortable in our environment. There is never a hard part of a job for me, because I'm always learning something out of everything. I enjoy getting to interact with everyone.
Productive and fun workplace!
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 16, 2014
A typical day at work involves me starting off by checking my planner. I use this planner to organize the projects I must complete during the day or during a certain period of time. I check and respond to emails, phone calls and voice-mails throughout the day. I manage a team of four of whom I direct and assist with all Accounts Payable concerns. The – more... team I manage is a very productive and fun team who inputs hundreds of invoices a day! I have specific duties that I complete throughout the week to meet my assigned deadlines. I assist the Director of Financial Accounting with any special projects upon request. – less
Fun and laidback workplace at Valencia College
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2014
I worked in the Graphics Lab at Valencia. A typical day included keeping the lab clean, helping students with their projects, and general upkeep of the printers.
great place to work
OFFICE ASSISTANT HEALTH SCIENCE DEPARTMENT (Former Employee), orlando FloridaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great experience
typical work day productive fun and rewarding, have learned a lot from working there.
Met some great people there.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLJune 16, 2014
I out as a student working part--time as desktop support. enjoyed working with students and staff, Faulty could be a bit demanding at times but overall it was a very good experience.
Committed to their students
Custodian (Current Employee), Winter Park, FLJune 10, 2014
The above review is for the college as a whole. But the Winter Park Campus is a family oriented campus. The environment is great and pleasurable.
Fun Place to work and study
Master Security Officer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 9, 2014
Pros: lots of holidays and educational benifits.
Cons: have to commute to whatever campus you are assigned.
Love this place, and the people that go above and beyond to assist students and staff.
Fun workplace
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 25, 2014
Pros: team members, supervisors, and the younger kids
I loved my team members and supervisors. I enjoyed learning from my mentors as well as passing what I've learned onto younger kids.
Excellent experience
Office Aide (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 29, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: temporary position
I was able to put my clerical skills to use and also learn more during this work period. I've gained more organizing skills, and the opportunity to gain more knowledge with how to use the BDMS scanning system.
I'm an adjunct. Some information doesn't apply.
Instructor, English Composition 1&2 (Current Employee), 1700 S. Kirkman Rd, Orlando, FL 32811April 9, 2014
Valencia College is a wonderful place to work. All resources are readily available when needed and the Dean of Communications is always accessible to faculty.
The Best Experiance
Lead Warehouse (Former Employee), East campus Orlando FLFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: everything
Valencia was the best experience I had in job, in many, many years., .every day was new and exciting, the campus was vibrant with all the students ,and faculty.. There was always student activities, and we were always invited to participate.. I was lucky to have had that opportunity, and to think I actually got paid for it,, Thank you Valencia.....
Proactive work place
Technician (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2014
Laid back waiting for professors to call because of software or hardware issues. I learned how to re-image PC's and Laptops, install software, check and eliminate malware or viruses that can potentially be harmful, build websites using WordPress and much more. Management is outstanding never mitigating concerns or ideas team members bring up. The hardest – more... part is having nothing to do, at times I would sit in the office for hours. Being part of the IT team was the most enjoyable part of the job, – less
Productive place surrounded by other tutors.
Math Tutor (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLFebruary 17, 2014
A typical day at work, set my belonging ans tutoring materials up in my personal space, and wait for students to come for help. I've learned how to communicate with students, how to teach more and how to be more professional. I'm surrounded by many great tutors who i learned from and I'm able to assist when needed.
Fast Paced, educational, and Grade A teamwork.
Academic Tutor (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLJanuary 9, 2014
Days usually go by fast because of the high volumes of students seeking help. I learned to tutor students based on their unique learning styles which, works wonders. The leadership team at Valencia College is outstanding to say the least. The co-workers are all on the same page. We enjoy helping students in areas in which we love. The hardest part of – more... my job is at the end of each term when a campus of over 13,000 students need help studying for Finals. I enjoy helping my students achieve their academic goals. – less
n/a
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 17, 2013
Pros: liked my schedule
Cons: na/
I enjoyed the co-workers I met and my schedule. I learned a lot that I had never done before; such as posting articles on the school internal site.
Enjoyable
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 4, 2013
Pros: company events
On a typical day I would assistant with the orientation preparation of the incoming staff. It was a great learning process. I loved to step up and take a leadership role. The co-workers are all so helpful and patient.
It's a better place to start.
Student Advisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2013
Pros: helping people get a better education, good colleagues, opportunities for advancement
Cons: lack of advancement, institutional politics, over-bureaucratized
Helped countless students over seven years. Applications, registration, financial aid, academic and career advising. Tasks ran the gamut. Priority was the students. Worked with lots of great people at my campus.