Valencia College

Valencia College Employer Reviews

The Supplemental Instruction Leader is a role model to the rest of students.
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 14, 2015
Pros: serving other students as a role model and helping them to become better each day
Cons: dealing with guilt-inflicting students and an authoritarian management.
A typical day at work was to arrive one hour before a class session to attend any student in need of help solving any math problems. After an hour spent helping a student or reviewing the lesson of the day, I had to go to the class to take notes of the lesson or even take exams and quizzes together with the students. After the class session, another supplemental instruction session was to be held to help students from the out-coming class and to help students from the incoming class to solve any math problems. I was capable of exercising my Beginning Algebra skills and learning how to challenge myself mathematically. The management was different in both Valencia Campuses. The Osceola Campus management was laid back and only expected a one-on-one meeting per semester after student evaluations where turned in. The East Campus management, on the other hand, was more rigid and a meeting with the management was required from all Supplemental Instruction Leaders. The East Campus manager used these meetings sometimes to berate the leaders in front of the whole group and to exert her authoritarian dominance. That made the working environment somewhat uncomfortable sometimes for many of us.
Fun job for a student
Student Leader (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2015
This was a great job in which I learned leadership and community. It is necessary to collaborate with a lot of different departments and individuals.
Always Interesting
Coordinator, SSS (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: lots of parking
Cons: healthcare
Busy preparing for clients. You must always be paying attention to the body language. Management receptive and co-workers very helpful. Hardest part was moving on. Most enjoyed the connections
Productive and fun work place...
Atlas Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great team, great coworkers, talking over the phone
Cons: angry students/ parents
Guides and instructs students and faculty with the functions of Atlas (e.g. such as registration, class rolls, etc). Assist students and faculty over the phone and via email with setting, resetting and unlocking accounts. Assists the Atlas Access Labs as needed during registration and special orientations or classroom presentations. Assists students, staff and faculty with Banner and Atlas technical issues, Staff the Student Atlas Helpdesk during assigned hours. Handling loads of phone calls, up to during our busy time 1000 calls within the week, hardest part was handling angry parents/ students and calming them down. But most enjoyable was just my coworkers, helping each other out and working as a team to solve a problem. My supervisor is amazing and understanding and was able to work with him on certain occasions.
Great job for a Student
Anatomy and Biology Tutor (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Valencia is really good about working around your school schedule since many of it's employees are also students, they pay ok but many times you cannot get enough hours. Part time can get up to 25 hours a week but most people average 10-15 hours a week.

On the bright side you get to work with a really diverse group of people and the management really wants to see you continue your education and advance to a higher position whenever possible.
Such a great culture to learn about
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2015
I loved working at the Bristol Renaissance Faire. Though the hours were long and you had to give up your summer weekends, I was always sad when the season ended.
Leader in Higher Education
Student Services Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 13, 2014
Valencia is a leader in the nation with advanced programs that not only prepare students for higher level degrees but for life.

Assisting students with their educational goals is most rewarding in that you get to see their progress and fulfill their desire to advance themselves.

Great co-workers, great opportunities for advancement and professional personal growth.
Collegiate Environment
Math Adjunct (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2014
Pros: flexibility in non classroom working hours
Cons: no real designated office space
Good place to work, energetic student population, technology and pacing is current so you are at cutting edge of what is happening in your field now.

Typical day depends on what classes you are teaching.
Standard teaching protocol: lecturing, quizzing/testing, grading and assigning final course grade.
Supervisors are easy to work with
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 11, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: not enough work
Excellent place to work, but work is limited. Co-workers are friendly
Student Leader
Student Leader (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2014
Pros: benefits
I conduct campus tours as well as make I'Ds for students and staff. I interact with different people each day, and have learned to relate with them, and make them feel comfortable in our environment. There is never a hard part of a job for me, because I'm always learning something out of everything. I enjoy getting to interact with everyone.
Productive and fun workplace!
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 16, 2014
A typical day at work involves me starting off by checking my planner. I use this planner to organize the projects I must complete during the day or during a certain period of time. I check and respond to emails, phone calls and voice-mails throughout the day. I manage a team of four of whom I direct and assist with all Accounts Payable concerns. The team I manage is a very productive and fun team who inputs hundreds of invoices a day! I have specific duties that I complete throughout the week to meet my assigned deadlines. I assist the Director of Financial Accounting with any special projects upon request.
Fun and laidback workplace at Valencia College
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2014
I worked in the Graphics Lab at Valencia. A typical day included keeping the lab clean, helping students with their projects, and general upkeep of the printers.
great place to work
OFFICE ASSISTANT HEALTH SCIENCE DEPARTMENT (Former Employee), orlando FloridaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great experience
typical work day productive fun and rewarding, have learned a lot from working there.
Met some great people there.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLJune 16, 2014
I out as a student working part--time as desktop support. enjoyed working with students and staff, Faulty could be a bit demanding at times but overall it was a very good experience.
Committed to their students
Custodian (Current Employee), Winter Park, FLJune 10, 2014
The above review is for the college as a whole. But the Winter Park Campus is a family oriented campus. The environment is great and pleasurable.
Fun workplace
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 25, 2014
Pros: team members, supervisors, and the younger kids
I loved my team members and supervisors. I enjoyed learning from my mentors as well as passing what I've learned onto younger kids.
Excellent experience
Office Aide (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 29, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: temporary position
I was able to put my clerical skills to use and also learn more during this work period. I've gained more organizing skills, and the opportunity to gain more knowledge with how to use the BDMS scanning system.
I'm an adjunct. Some information doesn't apply.
Instructor, English Composition 1&2 (Current Employee), 1700 S. Kirkman Rd, Orlando, FL 32811April 9, 2014
Valencia College is a wonderful place to work. All resources are readily available when needed and the Dean of Communications is always accessible to faculty.
The Best Experiance
Lead Warehouse (Former Employee), East campus Orlando FLFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: everything
Valencia was the best experience I had in job, in many, many years., .every day was new and exciting, the campus was vibrant with all the students ,and faculty.. There was always student activities, and we were always invited to participate.. I was lucky to have had that opportunity, and to think I actually got paid for it,, Thank you Valencia.....
Proactive work place
Technician (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2014
Laid back waiting for professors to call because of software or hardware issues. I learned how to re-image PC's and Laptops, install software, check and eliminate malware or viruses that can potentially be harmful, build websites using WordPress and much more. Management is outstanding never mitigating concerns or ideas team members bring up. The hardest part is having nothing to do, at times I would sit in the office for hours. Being part of the IT team was the most enjoyable part of the job,

1 2 3