Valencia College

Valencia College Employer Reviews

I'm an adjunct. Some information doesn't apply.
Instructor, English Composition 1&2 (Current Employee), 1700 S. Kirkman Rd, Orlando, FL 32811April 9, 2014
Valencia College is a wonderful place to work. All resources are readily available when needed and the Dean of Communications is always accessible to faculty.
The Best Experiance
Lead Warehouse (Former Employee), East campus Orlando FLFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: everything
Valencia was the best experience I had in job, in many, many years., .every day was new and exciting, the campus was vibrant with all the students ,and faculty.. There was always student activities, and we were always invited to participate.. I was lucky to have had that opportunity, and to think I actually got paid for it,, Thank you Valencia.....
Proactive work place
Technician (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2014
Laid back waiting for professors to call because of software or hardware issues. I learned how to re-image PC's and Laptops, install software, check and eliminate malware or viruses that can potentially be harmful, build websites using WordPress and much more. Management is outstanding never mitigating concerns or ideas team members bring up. The hardest – more... part is having nothing to do, at times I would sit in the office for hours. Being part of the IT team was the most enjoyable part of the job, – less
Productive place surrounded by other tutors.
Math Tutor (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLFebruary 17, 2014
A typical day at work, set my belonging ans tutoring materials up in my personal space, and wait for students to come for help. I've learned how to communicate with students, how to teach more and how to be more professional. I'm surrounded by many great tutors who i learned from and I'm able to assist when needed.
Fast Paced, educational, and Grade A teamwork.
Academic Tutor (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLJanuary 9, 2014
Days usually go by fast because of the high volumes of students seeking help. I learned to tutor students based on their unique learning styles which, works wonders. The leadership team at Valencia College is outstanding to say the least. The co-workers are all on the same page. We enjoy helping students in areas in which we love. The hardest part of – more... my job is at the end of each term when a campus of over 13,000 students need help studying for Finals. I enjoy helping my students achieve their academic goals. – less
Good Job for play money.
Mathematics Instructional Assistant Sr (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 27, 2013
Not a bad job for something temporary and not that serious. Good pay, good environment.
Enjoyable
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 4, 2013
Pros: company events
On a typical day I would assistant with the orientation preparation of the incoming staff. It was a great learning process. I loved to step up and take a leadership role. The co-workers are all so helpful and patient.
It's a better place to start.
Student Advisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2013
Pros: helping people get a better education, good colleagues, opportunities for advancement
Cons: lack of advancement, institutional politics, over-bureaucratized
Helped countless students over seven years. Applications, registration, financial aid, academic and career advising. Tasks ran the gamut. Priority was the students. Worked with lots of great people at my campus.
Wonderful people and atmosphere!
Adjunct EAP Instructor (ESL) (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 27, 2013
My experience with the College has been positive in every way. I thoroughly enjoy working with the international students and my colleagues.
Valencia is a great place to work
Technical Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: long holiday vacation, great benefits, great working hours
Cons: poor management in admission from the coordinators to the directors.
If your lucky enough to get into the right department Valencia is a great place to work. However I would avoid the Admission Department. It is full of horrible office politics and they have the worst management team on the entire campus. I loved my job, I loved my co workers and there really wasn't a hard part of the job except for bad management and – more... disgusting favoritism the displayed blatantly and in your face. It's a shame a great company has such bad leaders all in one department. – less
A great place to start for students and employees
Sr. Instructional Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2013
Pros: administration, work/life balance, employee development
Cons: healthcare coverage, salary
Valencia College is a great place to work and has a wonderful culture that stresses the importance of a work/life balance.
Productive and fun work environment
Nursing Lab- Learning Assistant/ Tutor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2013
Was a great experience as a nursing student to be able to tutor and maintain all my skills.
excellent communication and productive work experience
Work-Study Assistant (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJuly 8, 2013
Pros: excellent work schedule and flexibility
Cons: minimum wage
I learned a lot in this job and it helped me grow as a person. I communicated well with my boss and wasn't afraid to go to my manager with any concerns.
Valencia College is my beginning
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 16, 2013
Valencia College is the number one college in the nation , I really enjoyed working there because I was able to learn a lot during my work there.
Exelent learning environment
Clinical Experience (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 24, 2013
Valencia College provided opportunities and options that are both realistic and obtainable.
Amazing Workplace!
Peer Educator/Student Leader (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 18, 2013
Pros: food!
Cons: lots of rules
You are here, you are family. No matter the position, everyone is treated the same. I absolutely love working here!
Good to gain experience
Business Office Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 18, 2013
It is a good company to gain experience, but not able to progress or grow.
Education
Information Specialist (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLFebruary 4, 2013
This job was a work study position. It was flexible with my school schedule. I enjoyed the experience with teaching my knowledge of registration for school with other students.
Good for a student work study
Lab Aide (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2012
Depending upon the day, it could be busy or very boring. However it was nice to be able to get school work done, as long as you kept your attention on the students and teachers for any needs.
I love Valencia College. Good work environment, good people.
Associate Adjunct Professor, Humanities (Current Employee), Osceola campus, Kissimmee, Fl.October 14, 2012
Pros: everything, especially the co-workers and the professional development courses
Cons: low enrollment
As an adjunct professor, my work duties are solely to teach my students the discipline of Humanities. Currently, I am teaching three classes, face-to-face, that is, on campus. The education I receieved from the professional development courses offered at Valencia is invaluable. Both deans I served under were great people and very supportive. My co-workers – more... are invaluable in that they offer support, humor, and perspective. The hardest and the most enjoyable part of the job are the students! I strive hard to provide an entertaining and informative course, one that the students will enjoy and benefit from. I have nothing negative to say about Valencia, except that their enrollment is down, and the students who do take the Humanites courses are given to the staffers first, which is only right. – less