Valencia College Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, Professionally, and Enjoyable
Student Development (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 8, 2016
Welcome by employers and employees and right away start working. Email companies, look over semester schedule, and have a chat with the boss to see status of our work
Pros
Amazing management, benefits, and connections
Cons
Stagnant and repetitious in creativity
Fun work Place
Book Store Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 18, 2015
I love to work here, interacting and helping students is the best part, and my assistance manager is the best, I couldn't ask for anyone better. Everything that I know was because she gave me the opportunity to apply my own skills. But after two years of trying to get a full-time position, it's time for me to move on. I need a full time job with benefits. since I don't have that with a part-time.
Pros
Very small campuses where all the staff know each other and even get to know students very well"
Cons
It is hard to get a full time staff position
Great Place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2015
Other than the pay and the job advancement, or should I say lack there of, it is a great place to work. The benefits are the best I have ever seen. You get 30 paid days off a year if you are full-time. I rarely use any of my vacation time.
Pros
Great benefits, great atmosphere
Cons
Pay, advancement
I enjoyed the culture and creative environment at Valencia College.
TENURED, LEAD PROFESSOR OF NURSING for Nursing III (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2015
Valencia College is a wonderful place to work the people are supportive from those who kept our campus' safe, to those who facilitated the learning of our students, and everyone in between. Our Community Partners as Corporations and Individuals within the Healthcare Systems are fantastic and supportive of our Nursing Students and College. Faculty truly care about each other and administration is supportive and inclusive as Faculty sit on most of the 4 Cornerstone Committees. The President of the College and the Presidents of the Campuses are open and supportive. Great place to work and everyone will be missed.
Pros
Educational opportunities, supportive employees from the top on down.
Cons
Some State politics and little room for promotion.
Student, learning-centered, not a research school
Associate professor - adjunct (Current Employee) –  Orlando East, Orlando West, Winter ParkJune 6, 2016
I am privileged to teach at Valencia College, as I felt privileged to teach at the University of Phoenix before that. Valencia has exceptional professional development training for faculty. I am seeking online courses to teach in order to accommodate my travel and speaking schedule.
Pros
Truly a learning-centered environment. Great students!
Cons
No job security, and no further opportunity for advancement
Valencia is rewarding
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 30, 2016
Valencia College is a rewarding environment. Working each day with the up and coming next generation of workers and leaders, keeps my mind and soul refreshed.
Through Valencia College, I have had the opportunity of continue my education and learn new and important changing I can implement in all of my courses and for future employers.
Pros
continuing education, great schedule
Cons
Adjuncts are the backbone of universities but there is no job security
Great Place to Start Teaching College
Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2016
Valencia College has a a diversity of both students, faculty and staff. They are very welcoming to everyone.

I enjoyed my interaction with the students inside the classroom and outside the classroom such as tutoring center or college events on campus. I also enjoyed the continuing education courses they offer to the staff/faculty.
Pros
Professional Development and Constant interaction with people
Cons
Hard to move up
The cutting edge of academic excellence!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 13, 2016
Valencia is an excellent place to work. The college is very student focused and gives faculty a strong voice in how things are run. As a student, faculty, or staff member, you are actively encouraged to connect and collaborate with colleagues and find new and inventive ways to support and encourage student learning.
Pros
Highly collaborative -- works well when the best direction is unknown
Cons
Highly collaborative -- hinders progress when the best direction is already known
Good environment to see students grow
Learning Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2016
A typical day at work is all about interacting with a very diverse group of students and staff. I've learned how to solve problems from many different angles. Management needs improvement. Co-workers are very laid back. Hardest part of the job is dealing with unprepared students who expect everything without giving anything. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing the students' success stories.
Great
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 28, 2015
This job is great, but offers no advancement or raises for individual performance. I am focused on education at the moment, so this is just a stepping stone for me while I am in college.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
cubical
Can't imagine my life without Valencia
Staff Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 18, 2015
I was a student, intern, study abroad participant, work-study, and employee for Valencia College and I am happy to say that it will always be a significant part of me. Valencia is an incredibly supportive environment for its students and staff, and it feels very much like home. Most of my work colleagues are close friends of mine, and management is usually easy going. Valencia College prides itself in being easily accessible, relatable, and encouraging to everyone that comes their way, and they've done a tremendous job in achieving that goal.
Pros
Great environment, staff and student workers are super helpful, walk-in and casual feel
Cons
Can get hectic during peak deadlines
I enjoyed working there. The staff members are all kind hearted and helpful
Orientation Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 2, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of setting up a large room with 50 or more portfolios depending on the amount of students coming in for Orientation. All the while sitting at the information station to assist guest and student with any questions they may have about the school.
Pros
Great enviornement
Valencia Supports Learning
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  FLApril 21, 2016
Valencia is a good place to learn and grow as an individual. There are some good people working at Valencia who care about students and colleagues while maintaining a high level of professionalism. Others tend to micro-manage and treat employees like they're not professional adults.
Pros
Learning Environment/1/2-day Fridays in Summer
Cons
Micromanagement
Best place to work at, diverse, great management!
Records Management System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2016
Everyone here at Valencia are all respectful with each other, the work life balance is great. I can't tell you enough how much I love my job here at Valencia College!
Pros
Great benefits, great hours, great people all around, great management, all around all pros.
Cons
No cons.
ELectrical Engineering Assistant / Tutor
Lab Instructor I / Electrical Engineering (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 14, 2016
Assisted in setup and implementation of classroom labs. Available to students for tutoring in AC/DC Circuits, Semi-Conductors, Software Applications, Optics, Lasers, and Advanced Math including Calculus I, II, III, Differential Equations, and others.
overall a great place to work
Dispatch/ Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 27, 2015
I enjoy working there, I've learned how to use Data card ID system. I enjoy working with my co-workers management and staff are all great. The benefits are great.
great and easy workplace for college students
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 4, 2016
very well organized. nice staff, get job to do as a college student . they care about you and your classes.as a work study your work 20 hours a week so you have time to do your class work.
Great institution to work at!
Staff Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2016
Valencia college is a great place to work with many opportunities.There is a lot of room to grow and develop administrative skills.
Educational Enviorment
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 22, 2016
Productive Supportive and a great place to work.. Amazing training, and great staff and faculty. Positive, clean, locations.
Pros
Paid Holidays, Free Medical and College Funds
Valencia is a great place to work
Technical Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2013
If your lucky enough to get into the right department Valencia is a great place to work. However I would avoid the Admission Department. It is full of horrible office politics and they have the worst management team on the entire campus. I loved my job, I loved my co workers and there really wasn't a hard part of the job except for bad management and disgusting favoritism the displayed blatantly and in your face. It's a shame a great company has such bad leaders all in one department.
Pros
long holiday vacation, great benefits, great working hours
Cons
poor management in admission from the coordinators to the directors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valencia College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6