Valencia College Employee Reviews

Great place to call work; relaxing and rewarding
Engineering Laboratory Aide I (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 16, 2016
The most enjoyable and rewarding part of this position is seeing the student's progress throughout the semester through curriculum assistance and advisement. The hardest part of this position is to advise and mentor every student.
Pros
Use of 3D printer and Lab Equipment
Cons
No benefits for part-time employees
Best place to work at, diverse, great management!
Records Management System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2016
Everyone here at Valencia are all respectful with each other, the work life balance is great. I can't tell you enough how much I love my job here at Valencia College!
Pros
Great benefits, great hours, great people all around, great management, all around all pros.
Cons
No cons.
Great respect for Valencia College.
Student Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2017
My experience at Valencia was as a student volunteer while attending classes there. Through my experience in the Honors program, I gained valuable education, insight, and experience which continue to inform me. Because of their programs and opportunities, I completed my associate's degree and was able to transfer to Rollins College to complete my undergraduate degrees. I have great respect for the work Valencia College does.
Best place to work
Budget and Analysis Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Valencia College is the best place to work and improve your education. Human Resources was awarded for the management of conflicts and the numerous workshops to help you improve the performance of your job.
Pros
Participation in student events
Productive, Professionally, and Enjoyable
Student Development (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 8, 2016
Welcome by employers and employees and right away start working. Email companies, look over semester schedule, and have a chat with the boss to see status of our work
Pros
Amazing management, benefits, and connections
Cons
Stagnant and repetitious in creativity
Nice facility
Adjunct Professor (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at Valencia. For a community college, the resources are very good. The students have been positive and motivated for the most part. My direct supervisor seeks my opinion and feedback.
Cons
possibility for advancement not great
very productive and fun work place
Network Technician/Tutoring (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2016
Valencia college is a great place to work with many opportunities to learn. Great team work and the administration and supervisors were very ready to listen and make sure everything was right.
Pros
great opportunity to learn
Cons
not much working hours. I was part time
Fun work Place
Book Store Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 18, 2015
I love to work here, interacting and helping students is the best part, and my assistance manager is the best, I couldn't ask for anyone better. Everything that I know was because she gave me the opportunity to apply my own skills. But after two years of trying to get a full-time position, it's time for me to move on. I need a full time job with benefits. since I don't have that with a part-time.
Pros
Very small campuses where all the staff know each other and even get to know students very well"
Cons
It is hard to get a full time staff position
Very fun and productive environment
STUDENT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2017
great opportunity to get to know the orlando student community. Showed students around the new campus and helped them register for classes. Also planned and helped organize cultural events
Aspen Award Winning Community College
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 22, 2016
Assisted new educators and led by a great leader. My colleagues were impressive and dedicated. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference in young peoples' lives.

Want to know more about Valencia College?

Ask a question
Great Place to work
Learning Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 16, 2017
Tutoring Students at Valencia I is a fulfilling experience. Most all Students treat you with respect and look to you as a mentor. I loved working at Valencia.
Student, learning-centered, not a research school
Associate professor - adjunct (Current Employee) –  Orlando East, Orlando West, Winter ParkJune 6, 2016
I am privileged to teach at Valencia College, as I felt privileged to teach at the University of Phoenix before that. Valencia has exceptional professional development training for faculty. I am seeking online courses to teach in order to accommodate my travel and speaking schedule.
Pros
Truly a learning-centered environment. Great students!
Cons
No job security, and no further opportunity for advancement
Currently a student
Drafting and Design student (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2017
I have added this as a student and not an employee. I am currently attending Valencia College to enter the field of Drafting and Design
Confidential
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 14, 2017
This information is confidential. I refuse to complete the requirements needed on this to post and do not understand why it is required.
Excellent academic environment for students
Spanish & Latin American Humanities Professor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2016
Dedicated professors help serious students achieve their goals. I worked with Dean David Sutton and Chair Lester Sandres- Rapalo on many occasions to examine the program. They are inventive, creative,intelligent and dedicated.
Good environment to see students grow
Learning Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2016
A typical day at work is all about interacting with a very diverse group of students and staff. I've learned how to solve problems from many different angles. Management needs improvement. Co-workers are very laid back. Hardest part of the job is dealing with unprepared students who expect everything without giving anything. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing the students' success stories.
Valencia is a great place to work
Technical Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2013
If your lucky enough to get into the right department Valencia is a great place to work. However I would avoid the Admission Department. It is full of horrible office politics and they have the worst management team on the entire campus. I loved my job, I loved my co workers and there really wasn't a hard part of the job except for bad management and disgusting favoritism the displayed blatantly and in your face. It's a shame a great company has such bad leaders all in one department.
Pros
Long Holiday vacation, great benefits, great working hours
Cons
Poor management in ADMISSION from the coordinators to the Directors.
Great Place to Start Teaching College
Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2016
Valencia College has a a diversity of both students, faculty and staff. They are very welcoming to everyone.

I enjoyed my interaction with the students inside the classroom and outside the classroom such as tutoring center or college events on campus. I also enjoyed the continuing education courses they offer to the staff/faculty.
Pros
Professional Development and Constant interaction with people
Cons
Hard to move up
Great Place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2015
Other than the pay and the job advancement, or should I say lack there of, it is a great place to work. The benefits are the best I have ever seen. You get 30 paid days off a year if you are full-time. I rarely use any of my vacation time.
Pros
Great benefits, great atmosphere
Cons
Pay, advancement
Valencia Supports Learning
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  FLApril 21, 2016
Valencia is a good place to learn and grow as an individual. There are some good people working at Valencia who care about students and colleagues while maintaining a high level of professionalism. Others tend to micro-manage and treat employees like they're not professional adults.
Pros
Learning Environment/1/2-day Fridays in Summer
Cons
Micromanagement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valencia College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6