Valencia College

Valencia College Employer Reviews

Productive and fun work environment
Nursing Lab- Learning Assistant/ Tutor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2013
Was a great experience as a nursing student to be able to tutor and maintain all my skills.
excellent communication and productive work experience
Work-Study Assistant (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJuly 8, 2013
Pros: excellent work schedule and flexibility
Cons: minimum wage
I learned a lot in this job and it helped me grow as a person. I communicated well with my boss and wasn't afraid to go to my manager with any concerns.
Valencia College is my beginning
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 16, 2013
Valencia College is the number one college in the nation , I really enjoyed working there because I was able to learn a lot during my work there.
Exelent learning environment
Clinical Experience (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 24, 2013
Valencia College provided opportunities and options that are both realistic and obtainable.
Amazing Workplace!
Peer Educator/Student Leader (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 18, 2013
Pros: food!
Cons: lots of rules
You are here, you are family. No matter the position, everyone is treated the same. I absolutely love working here!
Good to gain experience
Business Office Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 18, 2013
It is a good company to gain experience, but not able to progress or grow.
Education
Information Specialist (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLFebruary 4, 2013
This job was a work study position. It was flexible with my school schedule. I enjoyed the experience with teaching my knowledge of registration for school with other students.
Good for a student work study
Lab Aide (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2012
Depending upon the day, it could be busy or very boring. However it was nice to be able to get school work done, as long as you kept your attention on the students and teachers for any needs.
I love Valencia College. Good work environment, good people.
Associate Adjunct Professor, Humanities (Current Employee), Osceola campus, Kissimmee, Fl.October 14, 2012
Pros: everything, especially the co-workers and the professional development courses
Cons: low enrollment
As an adjunct professor, my work duties are solely to teach my students the discipline of Humanities. Currently, I am teaching three classes, face-to-face, that is, on campus. The education I receieved from the professional development courses offered at Valencia is invaluable. Both deans I served under were great people and very supportive. My co-workers – more... are invaluable in that they offer support, humor, and perspective. The hardest and the most enjoyable part of the job are the students! I strive hard to provide an entertaining and informative course, one that the students will enjoy and benefit from. I have nothing negative to say about Valencia, except that their enrollment is down, and the students who do take the Humanites courses are given to the staffers first, which is only right. – less
Great and Fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2012
Pros: full-time binifits a really good if you can land a full-time.
Cons: no binifits for part-time
If you like really helping people get their life on track while improving your customer service experience than Valencia College is the best place to work. Working there I can say I actually love interacting with at lest 500 Students a day.
Nursing School
Clinical Student Nurse (Former Employee), PracticumJune 22, 2012
Valencia was the school where I obtained my AS in Nursing. To say the least it was challenging.
Educational environment with a strong learning environment
SPA Assistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 4, 2012
Pros: daily unique challenges, friendly environment, educational environment, dynamic workload
Cons: part time only, short breaks, manual timesheet
Support students of Valencia with mathematical help, assistance, and teaching. Work with individual students to pinpoint areas of concern and create a foundation to improve those areas. Present in a classroom setting to a group through Workshops on specific subjects in Mathematics that include subjects such as Developmental Math, Intermediate Math, – more... College Algebra, Statistics, Trigonometry, Geometry, Calculus, and Discrete Mathematics. – less
Career Counselor Intern (Current Employee), Orlando,FlFebruary 23, 2012
I am currently an intern at Valencia and all I can say is that is an excellent organization to work with.
To be a member of staff at Valencia College, you have to always be on top of your game
Administrative Personnel, Marketer, Teacher. (Former Employee), Ibadan, Oyo State.February 11, 2012
Pros: free lunch, pick and drop, loans etc
Cons: short breaks, short time frame for tasks etc
To succeed, you need those beacons that point the way to progress and supply you with the most powerful incentives, leading correspondingly to higher endeavors. Valencia College is truly the beacon any child needs.