Valencia College Employee Reviews in United States

Productive with students
Student Wellness Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Orlando FlAugust 21, 2015
I promoted health wellness through education. There are events that were on campus such as welcome back week that is hosted every beginning of the semester and also gave students the choice to get free HIV tested.
Great Job but funding was cut
Senior Technical Advisor of Medical Simulation (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2015
 Developed and ran all aspects of Medical Simulation for Health Sciences Division - Paramedic, Cardiovascular, and Repiratory Departments.  Proficient in Gaumard, CAE, Simbionix and Laerdal models  Personally responsible for maintenance, repair and programming of all simulators as well as maintaining and ordering medical inventory and needed supplies
Pros
Cutting edge tech. ANd working with studentd
Cons
Poor management and funding to support position
Great
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 28, 2015
This job is great, but offers no advancement or raises for individual performance. I am focused on education at the moment, so this is just a stepping stone for me while I am in college.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
cubical
Students Culture
EPA Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2015
Valencia is a great place to meet students from all over the world who are willing to share their knowledge and creative minds.
Nerf Guns
Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  KissimmeeJuly 15, 2015
Always busy, and lots of people with lots of different needs. Will never be bored, but will have to repeat the same rules over and over. Its big and open there is lots of sun and at closing time if not too tried there maybe a Nerf gun war.
Pros
Closing time Fun
Cons
Busy Busy Busy
Very fastpace environment, ongoing problems that one needs to sovle
Campus Budget Committee Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2015
Great job, despite how demanding it became at times especially juggling work and school at the same time was a bit overwhelming.
overall a great place to work
Dispatch/ Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 27, 2015
I enjoy working there, I've learned how to use Data card ID system. I enjoy working with my co-workers management and staff are all great. The benefits are great.
Excellent school and a great place to work.
Curriculum Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2015
Valencia College in Orlando, Florida offers both 2-year and 4-year degrees. Valencia College has an excellent reputation in central Florida, and I fully recommend any student in the area to consider Valencia College.
Reliable, easygoing and success oriented
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FlJune 3, 2015
I started my career in the financial field and it is a very interesting and lucrative field. to summarize I use to implement and manage projects. I learned how coaching is the best approach to management, how to coordinate between the different departments.
I decided to switch careers and go to high education field. I am still using my coaching skills in facilitating my classes. I also learned patience, tolerance and self control.
The hardest part of my actual job is to see some students not passing and the most enjoyable one is being part of somebody's success.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
Friendly environment
STAFF ASSISTANT, INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2015
The overall Valencia Staff is very friendly always helpful however, the opportunity for growth is not extensive. Pay is ok, could be better.
Loved Valencia College
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 9, 2015
This institution is an amazing one. They are not only very passionate about the success of their students, but they are genuinely interested in the happiness of their employees.
Great College.
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 7, 2015
Learning how to become a programmer and furthering my education. I had a great time going to this College and I plan to have a great time at UCF when I go there fall of 2015.
Staff Assistant III, Valencia College (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 10, 2015
Valencia College is great place to work and serve my community. Wonderful place with awesome leaders; who's focus is to produce great students.
The Supplemental Instruction Leader is a role model to the rest of students.
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 14, 2015
A typical day at work was to arrive one hour before a class session to attend any student in need of help solving any math problems. After an hour spent helping a student or reviewing the lesson of the day, I had to go to the class to take notes of the lesson or even take exams and quizzes together with the students. After the class session, another supplemental instruction session was to be held to help students from the out-coming class and to help students from the incoming class to solve any math problems. I was capable of exercising my Beginning Algebra skills and learning how to challenge myself mathematically. The management was different in both Valencia Campuses. The Osceola Campus management was laid back and only expected a one-on-one meeting per semester after student evaluations where turned in. The East Campus management, on the other hand, was more rigid and a meeting with the management was required from all Supplemental Instruction Leaders. The East Campus manager used these meetings sometimes to berate the leaders in front of the whole group and to exert her authoritarian dominance. That made the working environment somewhat uncomfortable sometimes for many of us.
Pros
serving other students as a role model and helping them to become better each day
Cons
dealing with guilt-inflicting students and an authoritarian management.
Fun job for a student
Student Leader (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2015
This was a great job in which I learned leadership and community. It is necessary to collaborate with a lot of different departments and individuals.
Always Interesting
Coordinator, SSS (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Busy preparing for clients. You must always be paying attention to the body language. Management receptive and co-workers very helpful. Hardest part was moving on. Most enjoyed the connections
Pros
lots of parking
Cons
healthcare
Productive and fun work place...
Atlas Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 16, 2015
Guides and instructs students and faculty with the functions of Atlas (e.g. such as registration, class rolls, etc). Assist students and faculty over the phone and via email with setting, resetting and unlocking accounts. Assists the Atlas Access Labs as needed during registration and special orientations or classroom presentations. Assists students, staff and faculty with Banner and Atlas technical issues, Staff the Student Atlas Helpdesk during assigned hours. Handling loads of phone calls, up to during our busy time 1000 calls within the week, hardest part was handling angry parents/ students and calming them down. But most enjoyable was just my coworkers, helping each other out and working as a team to solve a problem. My supervisor is amazing and understanding and was able to work with him on certain occasions.
Pros
great team, great coworkers, talking over the phone
Cons
angry students/ parents
Great job for a Student
Anatomy and Biology Tutor (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 7, 2015
Valencia is really good about working around your school schedule since many of it's employees are also students, they pay ok but many times you cannot get enough hours. Part time can get up to 25 hours a week but most people average 10-15 hours a week.

On the bright side you get to work with a really diverse group of people and the management really wants to see you continue your education and advance to a higher position whenever possible.
Pros
flexible schedule
Such a great culture to learn about
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2015
I loved working at the Bristol Renaissance Faire. Though the hours were long and you had to give up your summer weekends, I was always sad when the season ended.
Leader in Higher Education
Student Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 13, 2014
Valencia is a leader in the nation with advanced programs that not only prepare students for higher level degrees but for life.

Assisting students with their educational goals is most rewarding in that you get to see their progress and fulfill their desire to advance themselves.

Great co-workers, great opportunities for advancement and professional personal growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valencia College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6