Valeo Sylvania Employee Reviews

Productive, fairly easy to advance within
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INSeptember 22, 2014
The upper management does not communicate with their employees enough. They change policies without any warnings, they make advancements by picking who they want in a particular job verses going by the seniority list that is in place.I personally was able to advance twice in my 8 years of working there. I started as a temp, once I was hired on, I advanced to team leader up to supervisor. The hardest part of the job is making sure everyone understands what's going on. Management sees things their way, and that's it. There's no negotiations as to why one made the decisions they did.
Pros
The money and benefits are good here
Cons
The hours are terrible. The company will change them on you whenever they feel the need to
Welcome to Hades
Plastic Molding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INJuly 1, 2014
The factory is extremely hot in the summer, the job is fast paced and the management can at times be very unhelpful and sometimes seem to mill about with no idea as to what they are doing.
Pros
Cons
Hot, Worked 7 days a week for months
Valeo
GP12/ Quailty (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INMay 7, 2014
Good place to work for. I did not like the heat. I did not like being bounced from one place to another. Was not willing to work with me when I had a death in the family.
good workplace if you like money, but bad for home life.
Coating Technician (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INApril 18, 2014
Valeo is not an ideal workplace. The hours are long and no one seems to ever know what's going on. A typical day in my position normally begins with a meeting, then I proceed to do start up checks on my machines. Then the calls normally start asking for supplies or calling for a machine down etc. Most of the time its as if no one wants to work or get anything accomplished during the shift. They just want to be down. The hardest part of this job would have to be the hours worked. You may go weeks or even a month with out a day off and that gets pretty old. The most enjoyable thing about my job is being able to work on and learn about many different processes. Valeo is not a terrible place to work, but if you are looking for a workplace with great benefits, a friendly work culture and good life/work balance. I would not recommend this job for you.
Pros
good pay, freedom within the work place.
Cons
no profit sharing, long hours, bad work environment.
Good core for manufacturing
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INFebruary 15, 2014
Recent changes have altered the culture toward a more profit focused organization.
Pros
Once a year employee appreciation day
Cons
Disconnected top management
the employees are to nosey
YARD SPOTTER (Former Employee) –  seymour indianaDecember 5, 2013
i loved this job. it was fun. management has favorite employees and unfair. co workers are all nosey rude. the hardest part of the job was the co workers. the job title was very enjoyable.
unstable
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INOctober 2, 2013
supervisor very unfriendly and or judgmental. position temporary.
Pros
in the same town i live in
Cons
short breaks/ poor work environment
liked the people I worked with
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INSeptember 28, 2013
Can't say much about management because I never seen them. Wasn't very happy when they laid me off.
Pros
pay raises every 3 months
Cons
got laid off
Factory work
Production Associate/ Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Seymour, IndianaAugust 6, 2013
I would go in. Go to where I was assigned and id work my shift. I worked on an assembly line.
Hot environment in the Summer
Mold Technician (Former Employee) –  Seymour INJuly 29, 2013
I worked in Mold Repair and the supervisor is a Bigot, unless you were a good ol boy, you were an outkast.
It was a lot of work, hot, sometimes fun
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INJuly 23, 2013
The management chose favorites and if they didn't like you they would try to do anything to get you fired. It was hot, sometimes enjoyable, through a staffing agency you don't get nearly as many benefits.
Cons
short breaks, hot, and staffing employees got treated badly
Productive, clean workplace
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INMay 6, 2013
I come in have our morning meeting, go to our presses see what were running & see what & if we have any problems with the parts. I learned how important the first step of a process is. Management is reliable & always around if there are any questions I have no complaints in that aspect. My co workers are hard working & very easy to get along with, I enjoy working with them. I'd say the hardest part of my job is the heat, & that's even bearable. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to work in a clean & friendly work environment everyday with enjoyable employees.
Pros
Job security
Cons
rate of pay
Enjoyable place to work.
Manufacturing Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INMarch 26, 2013
Valeo Sylvania allows an "out of box" approach while encouraging self motivating and open door policies.
Pros
friendly work force.
Cons
na
A hard working place that keeps me on my feet
Assemby Line For The New Cadillac XTS (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INMarch 11, 2013
Liked the people and job. Was a good company that knew what they wanted but was hard to keep the production with bringing too many people in.
Pros
steady pay, good coworkers
Cons
didnt have benefits as temp
Valeo Employee (Current Employee) –  Seymour INAugust 15, 2012
Very busy company with a lot (to much) on their plate. Result focused but lack the a strong knowledge in the importance of family.
Pros
some nice people
Cons
poor culture
production
Super Control Inspection (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INJuly 8, 2012
I enjoyed working at Valeo. I inspected head lights shipmrnt. I learned to work with people. The mangement was good. My co-workers were great people to work with. The heat was the hardest part of the job. I enjoyed working with my hands in a fast pace environmentr.
Pros
free breaks
Cons
working 12 hour days 7 days a week.