Valeo Sylvania

Valeo Sylvania Employer Reviews

Valeo
GP12/ Quailty (Former Employee), Seymour, INMay 7, 2014
Good place to work for. I did not like the heat. I did not like being bounced from one place to another. Was not willing to work with me when I had a death in the family.
good workplace if you like money, but bad for home life.
Coating Technician (Current Employee), Seymour, INApril 18, 2014
Pros: good pay, freedom within the work place.
Cons: no profit sharing, long hours, bad work environment.
Valeo is not an ideal workplace. The hours are long and no one seems to ever know what's going on. A typical day in my position normally begins with a meeting, then I proceed to do start up checks on my machines. Then the calls normally start asking for supplies or calling for a machine down etc. Most of the time its as if no one wants to work or get – more... anything accomplished during the shift. They just want to be down. The hardest part of this job would have to be the hours worked. You may go weeks or even a month with out a day off and that gets pretty old. The most enjoyable thing about my job is being able to work on and learn about many different processes. Valeo is not a terrible place to work, but if you are looking for a workplace with great benefits, a friendly work culture and good life/work balance. I would not recommend this job for you. – less
Good core for manufacturing
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee), Seymour, INFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: once a year employee appreciation day
Cons: disconnected top management
Recent changes have altered the culture toward a more profit focused organization.
the employees are to nosey
YARD SPOTTER (Former Employee), seymour indianaDecember 5, 2013
i loved this job. it was fun. management has favorite employees and unfair. co workers are all nosey rude. the hardest part of the job was the co workers. the job title was very enjoyable.
unstable
Press Operator (Former Employee), Seymour, INOctober 2, 2013
Pros: in the same town i live in
Cons: short breaks/ poor work environment
supervisor very unfriendly and or judgmental. position temporary.
liked the people I worked with
Production Worker (Former Employee), Seymour, INSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: pay raises every 3 months
Cons: got laid off
Can't say much about management because I never seen them. Wasn't very happy when they laid me off.
Factory work
Production Associate/ Press Operator (Former Employee), Seymour, IndianaAugust 6, 2013
I would go in. Go to where I was assigned and id work my shift. I worked on an assembly line.
Hot environment in the Summer
Mold Technician (Former Employee), Seymour INJuly 29, 2013
I worked in Mold Repair and the supervisor is a Bigot, unless you were a good ol boy, you were an outkast.
It was a lot of work, hot, sometimes fun
Production Associate (Former Employee), Seymour, INJuly 23, 2013
Cons: short breaks, hot, and staffing employees got treated badly
The management chose favorites and if they didn't like you they would try to do anything to get you fired. It was hot, sometimes enjoyable, through a staffing agency you don't get nearly as many benefits.
Productive, clean workplace
Press Operator (Current Employee), Seymour, INMay 6, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: rate of pay
I come in have our morning meeting, go to our presses see what were running & see what & if we have any problems with the parts. I learned how important the first step of a process is. Management is reliable & always around if there are any questions I have no complaints in that aspect. My co workers are hard working & very easy to get along with, I – more... enjoy working with them. I'd say the hardest part of my job is the heat, & that's even bearable. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to work in a clean & friendly work environment everyday with enjoyable employees. – less
Enjoyable place to work.
Manufacturing Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Seymour, INMarch 26, 2013
Pros: friendly work force.
Cons: na
Valeo Sylvania allows an "out of box" approach while encouraging self motivating and open door policies.
A hard working place that keeps me on my feet
Assemby Line For The New Cadillac XTS (Former Employee), Seymour, INMarch 11, 2013
Pros: steady pay, good coworkers
Cons: didnt have benefits as temp
Liked the people and job. Was a good company that knew what they wanted but was hard to keep the production with bringing too many people in.
Valeo Employee (Current Employee), Seymour INAugust 15, 2012
Pros: some nice people
Cons: poor culture
Very busy company with a lot (to much) on their plate. Result focused but lack the a strong knowledge in the importance of family.
production
Super Control Inspection (Former Employee), Seymour, INJuly 8, 2012
Pros: free breaks
Cons: working 12 hour days 7 days a week.
I enjoyed working at Valeo. I inspected head lights shipmrnt. I learned to work with people. The mangement was good. My co-workers were great people to work with. The heat was the hardest part of the job. I enjoyed working with my hands in a fast pace environmentr.
Buena empresa que permite desarrollarse profesionalmente
Implicasion de personal, Relaciones Laborales (Former Employee), Querétaro, QUEJune 30, 2014
Esta empresa me dio la oportunidad de desarrollarme, hoy en día gran parte de mis conocimientos se lo debo a la constante capacitación
ambiente de trabajo excelente, sano, con mucha oportunidad de crecimiento
Supervisor de ensamble (Former Employee), Querétaro, QUEFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: todas las prestaciones de ley
excelente ambiente de trabajo, es una empresa donde existe mucha oportunidad para crecer laboralmente y eres apoyado por tus compañeros en cuestion laboral. recibimos cursos los cuales nos ayudaban a un mejor desempeño en el area de trabajo.
Excelente empresa
Inspector de calidad (Former Employee), Querétaro, QUEJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: buen ambiente de trabajo
Cons: liquidacion
Me gusto mucho el trabajo sobre todo calidad porque aprendí a decidir si pasaba o no la pieza lo cual era mucha responsabilidad, mis compañeros de trabajo eran muy amigables con migo lo que no me gusto de la empresa fue de que el contratista que estaba se fue sin liquidarnos lo cual no era culpa de la empresa porque valeo ya havia firmado el fin de – more... contrato con el contratista lo cual nunca nos enteramos – less