VALEO

VALEO Employer Reviews

The Easiest Door To Door Job With Great Commission
General Laborer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Highland Park, MINovember 25, 2014
I Loved At&t Door To Door Sales. You Was Able To Make Your Own Check. If U Didnt Work U Didnt Eat. Job taught Me How To Be Understanding And Clear. Also Showed Me How Making A Customer Happy Can Make Your Life A Whole Lot Better.
Productive work place
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Greensburg, INNovember 9, 2014
Great entry level engineering job. Provided tools and training to become a successful engineer.
Very well environment of employees, A lot of miscommunication within the management
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Highland Park, MINovember 5, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: bad communication within management
Overall Valeo is still a growing company with a bright future if only the communication between the employees and management were a little better
Fun work environment
Press Operator/Trainer (Former Employee), Seymour, INSeptember 9, 2014
Cons: i got no benefits or insurance or anything from working there
Although Valeo was a fun place to work 90% of the time there was that other 10% where they didn't run presses and such as they should have and it was really stressful. For example they would run all the overflow parts on the weekends for volunteers and then we come in again the following week and they would start up all the presses when we are out of packaging, therefore forcing us to throw away quality parts. Then the supervisor and team leader would complain when we have high scrap whenever they should know what we do and don't have packaging for, hence why they come in early every day. All in all i'd say it was an alright place to work. When they run things properly.
After market auto part with good culture
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Hampton, VASeptember 8, 2014
Everybody is trying to do a good job and willing to help out. It was overall a positive experience overall.

The industry is interesting and there are always new things to learn and do.
family owned
laser welder (Current Employee), Seymour, INSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: health insurance
fun place to work where the owner was available any time. fast paced and easy to get along with co-workers
big company
QUALITY CONTROLER (Former Employee), Casablanca, TNJuly 19, 2014
working within a huge team and in stress environment, this create my strong personality within industrial environment
Little Chance for advancement
R&D Engineer (Current Employee), Troy, MIJuly 14, 2014
Training is hard to come by to do your job with a high level of confidence. Atmosphere is very diverse, often to the point of communication issues. No sense of work/life balance is realized here. Rarely know what my key roles and responsibilities are.
Just-in-Time environment , all work, know play
Logistics Team Lead/ Co-Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Highland Park, MIJuly 8, 2014
Pros: i taught myself a lot
Cons: lack of training
Typical day at Valeo, for me, included employee attendance, holding QRQC meeting with employees, delegating daily tasks and sending employees to rotating job sights within the facility, answering emails and beginning daily parts count. Alerting chain of command as needed throughout the day of any issues. Maintaining proper work flow and process flow, montoring employees PPE and 5S. Keeping in contact with the customers and suppliers acccording to shop floor requirments, while managing inbound and outbound processes. Monitoring all inbound paperwork and SAP enrty, and outbound quality of product. Constant contact with transit drivers and their disbatch, and also Supplier drivers and their disbatch. Managing Dock retention times. Ending my day by communicating with the next shift, via email,text, or phone call and making sure employees leave the facility cleaner than they found it.
Lack of concern for employees welness
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Seymour, INJune 4, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: employee relations
Management seems concerned with numbers more so than employee health, and morality. Insurance is very expensive week to week, and does not cover a lot. Pay is good but hours required are a lot 10-12 days 6-7 days a week.
Very good environment to work and to start from.
System validation engineer (Current Employee), EgyptJune 4, 2014
I am glad to be one of Valeo employees, it added to me alot, and i hope that i added to it also.
Good job
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), MIMarch 12, 2014
With job I learned to deal with stress and time management, worked well with other employees.
valeo
corebuild Technician (Former Employee), Greensburg, INMarch 5, 2014
Pros: good money and it was a easy fun job
Cons: hot in the summer and cold in the winter
every day was almost a good day I learned lots of stuff at valeo I learned all the responabilitys to being a core/build tech witch were a lot but I learn quick. the people that were around me were nice. but the most nice part was there pay
Great place to work for 14 years
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great job with good pay. i liked the daily challenges of running multiple departments
Cons: layoff's in 2003 plant finally closed
I was responsible for up to 7 different areas at a time during my 14 years in management with Valeo/ITT/Delco. Some of my responsibilities were: To motivate my team to increase production and reduce the amount of labor that it took to produce wiper modules. I was responsible for running the day to day operations of the Honda, Toyota, GM, Diamond Star and Corvette product line module wipers. We did use the lean manufacturing processes and Kaizens to reduce scrap by 200%, and increase cell production by 4 million dollars in my departments. I was also responsible to make sure we obtained and sustained all of our quality systems and audits like QS9000 and others. I helped to manage and engineer multiple flawless launches for new and advanced Wiper Module Systems.
Fun workplace with bad job security and advancement
Oven Operator (Former Employee), Greensburg, INDecember 9, 2013
Pros: safe work enviroment
Cons: short breaks and long travel time to and from work
I enjoyed working at Valeo overall, and the people i worked with and the management. I was forced to quit due to how far away it was to drive every day i wasnt making enough money to support my wife and newborn son.
Valeo was a great place to work
Customer Service/Receptionist (Former Employee), Hampton, VAAugust 20, 2013
It is a French owned company and takes very good care of their employees, both financially and professionally. They have their owned training program which is called Valeo Campus and you can actually train on different software. It was a great experience. They have a computer room dedicated to that and you would train. It was required of everyone. Hey and it was free knowledge. What a great tool.
It was a challenging work enviroment
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Greensburg, INJune 18, 2013
Pros: being allowed to decide how i was going to meet the pick up times on my own.
Cons: worked six days a week always, usaually seven.
See what was on the dock, check what was going out for the night, Check with the previous shift on anything I need to know (quality alerts, etc.) make the pickers and see if parts were available. Create a loading list according to the truck departure times. Disburse priority list to dock fork truck drive. Then began working the dock and going to office to create bills of ladings' as the drivers arrived to pick up their loads. Clean work area as you go and extra cleaning when waiting on parts after late procures for a load had been completed.

The hardest part of the job was only receiving feed back when the shipping supervisor was unhappy about something, never a "Good Job Done" comment.
Very diverse automotive manufacturing company
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Greensburg, INDecember 4, 2012
Many areas of support \ responsibility, Support of multiple sites spanning multiple automotive divisions
does not help employees when needed
Automotive Test Technician (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MINovember 19, 2012
Cons: does not help if there are problems
worked on wiper systems

collect data for engineers

set up and tear down tests
International company having dificultly due to automotive industry crisis
Group Human Resources Director (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MINovember 15, 2012
Pros: auto industry was state of the art in manufacturing
Cons: failing financial status of the industry.
Controlled closely by the parent French company. Many plant and lots of union issues causing filing for Chapter 11.