Valeo Employee Reviews

Decent job, productive, good pay
Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INNovember 19, 2017
Valero is a decent job with good pay. As most factories do, Valeo provides nice benefits. It's a labor intensive job inside of a factory. If you don't mind factory work, this is a job for you.
Good starting step for your career
Account Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 17, 2017
Great Place to work, But not a lot of options to grow your career. Work life balance could be better but it isnt the worst. Management is pretty relaxed and allow for you to succeed in your role.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Lack of career advancement
Balance
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHOctober 9, 2017
Balance and fun, work culture was great with great benefit.

the hours was good and the floor was clean.

hopefully my new work place with be the same if not better
Loved it, Really liked the company as a whole
Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INOctober 3, 2017
Great place to work, great bosses. pay was great and was weekly. the other employees were also very nice.. All in all I loved it there. I did jobs at Valeo i never thought I'd ever do. The training was great.
Pros
Pay
Cons
The commute
If youre single its a great place
Electro/Mechanical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INSeptember 28, 2017
Meatlocker place. Women are looking for a work buddy. Its 90% women and they segregate men to higher paying jobs when in fact they are lazy. Teenagers are their primal hires but they are not workers and spoiled brats.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management with a high turnover
fun workplace
Oven Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INSeptember 27, 2017
I unloaded ovens all day. THe one thing i didnt like was that it was always 7 days a week and if your trying to raise a family and be home with them on weekends then this is not the place to work. If you are single or have no kids and want to make big money fast then i highly recommend this place to work.
Pros
401k and the benefits are excellent
Cons
work seven days a week
Too much work
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INSeptember 25, 2017
Extremely hot and they overwork their people. They discriminate against people and do not promote within. Some rules apply some don't depending on what area you're in.
Good company
Compressor and System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Good company to work with, many different plants in the US or around the world.

Valeo is a multinational automotive supplier based in France, providing a wide range of products to auto manufacturers and after-markets. It is a member of the CAC 40 share index
Fun place to work at
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INSeptember 20, 2017
Valeo was a hard and enjoying job . The team leader was a good leader and a good helper. It made you stay busy and it was really hot in their kept everyone off their toes and work until it was break-time or time to go home.
Pros
Break-Time
Cons
Pay for food
we worked hard and got things done
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INSeptember 13, 2017
We worked hard and got stuff done but we also didn't have management peering over our shoulder 24-7. The company is really well put together and over all run very efficiently.
A Job, not a Career
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 7, 2017
While the company may advertise it is a "Top Employer," they do not compensate their employees competitively. The average salaries here are laughable, 50-100% less than competitors. It is a great place to take advantage of their benefits and tuition reimbursement while you look for your dream job. If you have a choice between companies in your job search, don't settle.

In my time at Valeo, I watched more people come and go than I did in my teens at a fast food job. From Human Resources Managers to Engineers, Finance to Technicians, everyone had the same reason: The other place pays better. Many people are not helpful there. Not because they are poor workers, just many are so new to the system that they dont know how to answer. The purchasing system here does not allow necessary items to be purchased, and the IT department is a roadblock to even testing software in an R&D environment. Projects are pushed through without thought, are habitually late, and because of being a global company, there is often no support. Because of this, there are many situations where this job can potentially be too demanding for some.

For an entry level engineer, this job is a great stepping stone. You have to have serious connections and figuratively walk on water to advance here, however. There are mich better places to work, so just keep looking. It's a waste of time to new employees with high expectations.
Benefits
Cons
Advancement
All work and no play
Engineer Internship (Postgrad) (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INSeptember 5, 2017
Valeo as a whole is very organized and efficient, especially in France and China. Greensburg, IN is not the case. I had two managers; one that gave me most of my projects, and one that signed my paycheck. I had one manager that had high and unrealistic expectations on project completion dates and quality. The other would be friendly at first, giving you all the information you need for a project, then stabs you in the back and embarrasses you in front of other managers and coworkers. And forget sick time, because even one sick day gets you on managers' bad sides.
Pros
Cafe that provides snacks, clean environment
Cons
Poor management, stressful environment
Good and Professional Office setting
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 31, 2017
I enjoyed my time working there. I learned how to Enter and double check PO's etc. I also learned how to successfully function and be a business professional in an office setting.
Not very work place friendly
Hvac assembler (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHAugust 27, 2017
Don't care Much about family life has to work a lot of hours a lot of fights because employee are force to work a lot of hours fired employee without investigation matters favor some employee more than other HE don't listen to employee complaints they only listened to Supervisors
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short break
No Review to write
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, INAugust 26, 2017
I don't have much to say about Valeo. Most of management has favorites. If you haven't work here for 15 years, your opinion doesn't matter. Too much politics.
no fun to work at,stressful
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  East Liberty, OHAugust 26, 2017
always had to clean up after the last maintenance guy.Lack off communication and management and training.Working there was ok but they want to much multitasking and getting pulled in different direction by different management.
To much favoritism toward other co workers when others working butts off and still being treated in a un professional manner
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INAugust 24, 2017
Just not happy environment two faced supervisor and co workers normally very hot two short breaks all day never hardly day off seemed like the harder i worked the worse i was treated
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Short breaks hot no time off
long hours, short notice overtime
Machine Operator Tech (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INAugust 23, 2017
overall good place to work, poor management decisions causes you to work a lot of overtime training is rated a 3 . learn as you go environment but health benefits are great
Fun and clean work environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INAugust 23, 2017
Cleanest place I ever worked! Easy to advance, great benifts, management really cares about it's employee's, great hours, awesome pay for the work your asked to do.
very productive work place
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INAugust 18, 2017
I really loved my job here and the work i was doing.. They have very good benefits and it is somewhere that you could retire from. I had remarried though and moved an hour away and the drive was wearing on me, then i had gotten in a bad wreck so i had to switch jobs and get one closer to home
Pros
good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valeo. Our community is ready to answer.