Valeo Employee Reviews

Productive work environment
Lead Test Technician (Current Employee), Troy, MIAugust 16, 2015
Enjoyable work environment. A sufficient workload and productive work environment. This job helped me fine tune my availability to manage people, my organizational skills, my time management skills and stressed the importance of prioritizing.
Great toolboxes, lack other important tools
HR Manager (Former Employee), Highland Park, MIJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Fair compensation, nice succession planning
Cons: Work Life Balance, Too many bosses to report too, too many responsibilities for the smaller facilities personnel.
There is a lack of training within the locations in the United States. The positions are designed not so much on the typical job descriptions, but rather the Valeo way.

Lack of work life balance. Employees in the office of a production plant look forward to working 50(+) hours a week.
a great place to work
Student Internship (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJune 23, 2015
Pros: cheap lunches, daily staff meetings
Cons: no down time
Valeo is non-stop work environment. I was an intern there. During my time there, I helped run group counseling sessions, type in notes from group sessions, input KCPC and SASSI tests and sit in on individual counseling. I learned that being a counselor has its rewards, but also has it's challenges. The hardest part was seeing client return after having a successful release. The most enjoyable is the atmosphere amongst co-workers.
MATERIAL PLANNING & PRODUCTION CONTROL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Highland Park, MIMay 21, 2015
Pros: Number of good colleagues
Cons: Management was not aware of details of position. Lack of support.
I enjoyed the colleagues at Valeo. I processed the daily invoice of the previous production day. I ran the schedules from the customer and corrected errors. I processed daily reports for Customer Service, Inventory Management and Logistics personnel for a JIT Sequencing Plant.

I lead the Master Production Schedule Meeting. I created the Master Production Schedule.

I was responsible for Mopar, Venezuela and Egypt production shipments.

Management was not aware of the functions of my position.
Great team work but long periods of work without days off
Assembler/Welder (Former Employee), Seymour, INApril 28, 2015
Worked on a specific line, within that line there were six to eight different jobs to complete one part. A lot of team effort was expected but maintained. I learned how to weld and operate machinery of different kinds.
Be prepared to work hard
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER (Current Employee), Highland Park, MIMarch 24, 2015
Valeo expects only the best from you. Be prepared to work hard and give it 100%. I enjoyed the trust that they invested in me. All aspects of my job position were open to further training or development if I chose to make it a priority.
good place to work
Embedded Software Engineer (Current Employee), CairoDecember 26, 2014
I love it, love management, love my colleagues.
Challenging especially in R&D
Need to increase it's offers
The Easiest Door To Door Job With Great Commission
General Laborer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Highland Park, MINovember 25, 2014
I Loved At&t Door To Door Sales. You Was Able To Make Your Own Check. If U Didnt Work U Didnt Eat. Job taught Me How To Be Understanding And Clear. Also Showed Me How Making A Customer Happy Can Make Your Life A Whole Lot Better.
Productive work place
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Greensburg, INNovember 9, 2014
Great entry level engineering job. Provided tools and training to become a successful engineer.
Very well environment of employees, A lot of miscommunication within the management
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Highland Park, MINovember 5, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: bad communication within management
Overall Valeo is still a growing company with a bright future if only the communication between the employees and management were a little better
Fun work environment
Press Operator/Trainer (Former Employee), Seymour, INSeptember 9, 2014
Cons: i got no benefits or insurance or anything from working there
Although Valeo was a fun place to work 90% of the time there was that other 10% where they didn't run presses and such as they should have and it was really stressful. For example they would run all the overflow parts on the weekends for volunteers and then we come in again the following week and they would start up all the presses when we are out of packaging, therefore forcing us to throw away quality parts. Then the supervisor and team leader would complain when we have high scrap whenever they should know what we do and don't have packaging for, hence why they come in early every day. All in all i'd say it was an alright place to work. When they run things properly.
After market auto part with good culture
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Hampton, VASeptember 8, 2014
Everybody is trying to do a good job and willing to help out. It was overall a positive experience overall.

The industry is interesting and there are always new things to learn and do.
family owned
laser welder (Current Employee), Seymour, INSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: health insurance
fun place to work where the owner was available any time. fast paced and easy to get along with co-workers
big company
QUALITY CONTROLER (Former Employee), Casablanca, TNJuly 19, 2014
working within a huge team and in stress environment, this create my strong personality within industrial environment
Little Chance for advancement
R&D Engineer (Current Employee), Troy, MIJuly 14, 2014
Training is hard to come by to do your job with a high level of confidence. Atmosphere is very diverse, often to the point of communication issues. No sense of work/life balance is realized here. Rarely know what my key roles and responsibilities are.
Just-in-Time environment , all work, know play
Logistics Team Lead/ Co-Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Highland Park, MIJuly 8, 2014
Pros: i taught myself a lot
Cons: lack of training
Typical day at Valeo, for me, included employee attendance, holding QRQC meeting with employees, delegating daily tasks and sending employees to rotating job sights within the facility, answering emails and beginning daily parts count. Alerting chain of command as needed throughout the day of any issues. Maintaining proper work flow and process flow, montoring employees PPE and 5S. Keeping in contact – more... with the customers and suppliers acccording to shop floor requirments, while managing inbound and outbound processes. Monitoring all inbound paperwork and SAP enrty, and outbound quality of product. Constant contact with transit drivers and their disbatch, and also Supplier drivers and their disbatch. Managing Dock retention times. Ending my day by communicating with the next shift, via email,text, or phone call and making sure employees leave the facility cleaner than they found it. – less
Lack of concern for employees welness
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Seymour, INJune 4, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: employee relations
Management seems concerned with numbers more so than employee health, and morality. Insurance is very expensive week to week, and does not cover a lot. Pay is good but hours required are a lot 10-12 days 6-7 days a week.
Very good environment to work and to start from.
System validation engineer (Current Employee), EgyptJune 4, 2014
I am glad to be one of Valeo employees, it added to me alot, and i hope that i added to it also.
Good job
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), MIMarch 12, 2014
With job I learned to deal with stress and time management, worked well with other employees.
valeo
corebuild Technician (Former Employee), Greensburg, INMarch 5, 2014
Pros: good money and it was a easy fun job
Cons: hot in the summer and cold in the winter
every day was almost a good day I learned lots of stuff at valeo I learned all the responabilitys to being a core/build tech witch were a lot but I learn quick. the people that were around me were nice. but the most nice part was there pay