Valeo Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible Place to work.
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INMarch 16, 2016
This place does not care about you or your family. I had perfect attendance, then I received permission to take training to take a step further in my psyche career. After I got back from training they stated I pointed out so I was terminated.
Pros
pay is great!
Cons
they can care less about there employees.
Great pay, easy work
Assemble Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INSeptember 13, 2015
I worked on an assembly line while I was at Valeo. The work wasn't too difficult, but due to a shortage of employees, I was stuck doing the same job every day, eventually resulting in minor motion injuries. The pay was very good(was 3 days away from making $16.40 an hour, full time for a year), but they hours were long and resulted in a poor work/life balance. Overall, would recommend.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
poor life/work balance
Productive Automotive Lighting Company
Logistics Teamleader (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INJune 6, 2016
Valeo is a well established automotive lighting company that offers a great work atmosphere,pay and benefits. Working for this company enabled me to obtain the skills and certifications needed to perform my duties.
Pros
Upon hire you receive adequate training to perform your duties.
Cons
Lacks communication throughout the chain of command.
Excellent work atmosphere
CAD technician (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 25, 2016
The working atmosphere is excellent. Co-workers are respectful regardless of your job position or ethnicity. Very diversified work environment, you will always find a friend from the same Country no matter where you come from.
benefits
No home life
Technician (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 25, 2016
This place makes a lot of promises when you are hired. The place is always burning up and don't provide fans enough for everyone. You work 6 days a week with mandatory overtime. If you are sick and have a Dr. note they will still write you up for missing a day of work.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
no raises, no home life, forced vactions during shutdowns
It was a good place but it was way to hot.
oven worker (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INAugust 15, 2016
it was a nice place clean and every one was nice but it was way to hot and they didn't care if you couldn't work i that area if that's were you wee put that's were you wold stay tell your probation was over.
Pros
good work place
Cons
you don't get paid a hole lot, to hot and you worked 12 hour's
Productive, Hardworking environment lacking of work/life balance.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Smart Villlage, EgyptDecember 6, 2015
One of the world’s automotive suppliers of components and integrated systems for both the original equipment and aftermarket sectors. Valeo has a productive environment with lacking of work/life balance. The most useful part of the job is working with skillful, experienced people and learning from them.
Great toolboxes, lack other important tools
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIJuly 23, 2015
There is a lack of training within the locations in the United States. The positions are designed not so much on the typical job descriptions, but rather the Valeo way.

Lack of work life balance. Employees in the office of a production plant look forward to working 50(+) hours a week.
Pros
Fair compensation, nice succession planning
Cons
Work Life Balance, Too many bosses to report too, too many responsibilities for the smaller facilities personnel.
Not how you perform but who you know
FEM Technician (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNFebruary 28, 2016
I was a temporary employee there for 6 months. Was promised a full time job at 3 months. I asked about why I didn't get hired but another person did, who had less time and worked poorly. I was told I was next to get hired but they didn't know when. That's not an answer I want so I quit.
Pros
Hours
Cons
unexpected hours
management prefer foreign staff
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 24, 2016
Difficult, maybe impossible to move up ladder. Leadership prefers bringing in foreign staff. Learn what you can and move on...
Pros
average pay
Cons
management focus prefer foreign staff
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJune 16, 2016
I loved the community of the company and the teamwork we had. The hours were convenient to my needs. The only issue I had was favoritism showed to certain employees and not everyone.
Not bad
Crimper, Condenser, Module tester (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INApril 22, 2016
Working at Valeo was a good experience for me. I learned things I hadn't known previously about machines, and parts. The pay was decent. Shifts were 8+ hours each, and no days off.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Short breaks, not many benefits, long shifts every day, no days off, small pay
Productive and Fun Workplace
R&D Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 11, 2016
Assembled different CAD files, participated in the design of the 2016 Honda Civic. Work atmosphere very laid back and relaxed. The people were very knowledgeable and respectful.
harsh enviroment
E-tech (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INApril 19, 2016
It is difficult to get teamwork. Great robot experience and injection molding. Requires a lot of personal time. A very busy day. Engineers would give you projects with no information to start you out with.
Pros
robot experience
Cons
bad teamwork
Valeo Description
Forklift Operator, Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, INOctober 3, 2012
Working at Valeo is a good job. Since being hired I have been able to train and show new employees how things work. When I first started I was working on the line with team members and I wanted to branch off and do my own thing. I applied for a forklift opening within the factory which I got hired on within a two week period. I enjoy my job and like my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is picking up the slack from the shifts before mine when other co-workers decide they do not want to excel in there place of work. The management there is great. What i have been taught so far at Valeo is that as long as you put forth your best efforts your work is done well efficiently. Working together with your team members is something that makes a day at work easier and go very smooth.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad benefits
MATERIAL PLANNING & PRODUCTION CONTROL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIMay 21, 2015
I enjoyed the colleagues at Valeo. I processed the daily invoice of the previous production day. I ran the schedules from the customer and corrected errors. I processed daily reports for Customer Service, Inventory Management and Logistics personnel for a JIT Sequencing Plant.

I lead the Master Production Schedule Meeting. I created the Master Production Schedule.

I was responsible for Mopar, Venezuela and Egypt production shipments.

Management was not aware of the functions of my position.
Pros
Number of good colleagues
Cons
Management was not aware of details of position. Lack of support.
Productive work environment
Lead Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 16, 2015
Enjoyable work environment. A sufficient workload and productive work environment. This job helped me fine tune my availability to manage people, my organizational skills, my time management skills and stressed the importance of prioritizing.
Expect the unexpected
Production Line Leader/Assembly (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, MINovember 8, 2015
The hardest part is the constant loss of good quality employees. The employees/supervisors that cant perform their job is spared and the employees that can are terminated, targeted or demoted.
Pros
Ice cream machine in lunch room
Cons
No nurse on staff, not a family unit, too much back stabbing
fun place , excellent culture , friendly people
Embedded Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  cairoAugust 18, 2015
Valeo culture is the best . they have a core hours system so you have a flexible core hours . they are doing a lot of fun activities .
Group Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  Troy MIOctober 13, 2012
Onsite at BMW Spartanburg to resolve quality issues including testing parts and working with BMW employees and managing Valeo divisions
Covered 13 divisions of Valeo and have experience with different parts.

Managing 13 divisions of Valeo for quality, logistics, new project and LPKM management.

Working with BMW and Valeo employees to resolve issues in a timely mannner.
Pros
great benefits / car allowance