Valero Employee Reviews

fun most of the time but like any job has its stressful times
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAJanuary 24, 2016
job was good for the most part, i was there for a long time i love working with the people. the area i was in had great weather all year around and that was just a plus.
Clerk behind the counter
TABC certified clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2016
not bad at all honestly, liked working there besides what happened right before i left, i learned how to work the register and stock merchandise. management was great, my co workers were very nice people. the hardest part was proboly when someone (a customer) came in messed up and i had to deal with that or say no i cant serve you. most enjoyable part was that i loved interacting with all the people and talking to them while i was doing my job.
Pros
constantly working with customers and interacting with them
Cons
when someone came in messed up
Easy job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, INJanuary 5, 2016
I enjoyed working here. A very fast paced work environment with friendly peers and management. The only downside is closing shifts which require extensive cleaning.
Refinery workplace, chemical processes, High level of math and chemistry
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sunray, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Great international company with advanced learning potential. Overtime was a must with 12 hour shifts. Volatile atmosphere with probability of emergency situation daily. .
It was a fun busy productive work place constantly busy with customers
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 3, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of cleaning the outside/inside areas of the store, stocking all my coolers, cleaning all our fountain machines, stocking our snack shelves, running cash register, money orders, lotto/lottery tickets, cash drops, counting safe cash vault every day/ night, and closing up the store nightly.
Okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 10, 2015
This store was a great place to work at because you gained a lot of skills and met a lot of new people. I learned great communication skills. My coworkers were kind of slow so i picked up the slack. The hardest part was dealing with angry customers.
worked there for a semester in college
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 24, 2015
Customer service , was a cashier, loved the manager and assistant manager that were there at the time, my co workers were an interesting group with various age differences that all got along great!
fun workplace and great opportunities to grow in the company
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cabot, ARNovember 16, 2015
I loved this job and the people I worked with. We had a good time and the customers always came back. I met a lot of interesting people in this job.
Really great boss and atmosphere to work in
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2015
A typical day of work at Valero consisted of working on a register all day with some side work here and there. It was the most chill job I've ever had. I worked with some really cool people. We were almost like a family based type store.
Pros
meeting new people every day
Cons
I can't think of anything
Productive and a fun place with other coworkers and customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bellmead, TXNovember 13, 2015
Fun work place, with supportive management and coworkers. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and having them teach me new things daily. As newer employees came, we started gradually growing making it crowded as our company expanded.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
no lunch breaks
It was okay
Customer Service Representative (cashier) (Former Employee) –  Riverside, TXNovember 12, 2015
All female staff was not all that great, daily getting false accused of this or that. Seams that right before anyone thats not the manager bestfriends have a issue come up a few months before their year mark. I would return under another manager and area manager.
Its a fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Azle, TXNovember 11, 2015
My time spent here was great the customer base was growing and was very fun to interact with. the only thing i can say that didn't sit right with me was the way management did their job i couldn't get a raise or advancement because of the area manager. I was passed over for assistant manager position because they were looking for a female to take that role.
Pros
Great interaction.
Cons
Pay wasn't worth it, lack of advancement or pay raises.
productive night at the convienant store
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dover, DENovember 11, 2015
clock in and count draw
up sale as I went through the day waiting on customers
stock products during slow moments
close store after counting drawer
working by myself at night at a gas station was kind of the hardest thing to do
I really enjoy conversation with customers
Pros
worked a lot and made money
Cons
never got a break
Management doesn't treat everyone the same.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 10, 2015
I have been with the company for a year and two months, and I have worked mostly nights. Thats a bad thing but lately I have tried to get other shifts and my manager is completely ignoring my requests. She accommodates everyone else request on the shift they want but when it comes to me I get the short end of the stick.
Learning names of daily returning customers made them feel welcomed by the store s staff
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 5, 2015
my truthful review is company offered great medical insurance and educational benefits, I wish the upper management that never worked in a store s setting would understand what managers go threw with sales and employees.
Pros
benefits and good customers, good co-workers and yearly vacation weeks base on time of years
Cons
high employee turn over because of their low pay for the job duties and requirementss
high paced work place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 26, 2015
good benefits and fast to promote employees that show interest and have the right skills for the job. funny get together events for the whole family.
Pros
excellent benefits and positive admosphere
Cons
long hours for managment
Good
Cashier/ Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 23, 2015
Gas Station attendant a detailed pleasant occupation.
Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits. Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or
change due to customers. Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints. Establish or
identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price
scanners. Greet customers entering establishments. Stamp, attach, or change price tags on merchandise, referring to
price list. Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new or transferred merchandise. Compare merchandise
invoices to items actually received to ensure that shipments are correct.
Pros
nice cliental
Building Scaffolds, Lead (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXOctober 22, 2015
Learned alot and work alot of hours.
Became very independent.
Your able to move up.
Growing experience.
Great pay,
enjoyed working here
Established company
Crew Leader Painting and Sandblasting (Former Employee) –  MemphisOctober 22, 2015
I enjoyed working at a company with amazing core values and a management system that actually cared about its employees.
Fun workplace with room for advancement.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 20, 2015
Fun place to work third shift, helping customers as they entered the small establishment. Room to grow as you refilled the shelves with merchandise, rotating as needed. Also there were the papers to sign for the vendors who brought in fresh food.
Pros
Worked by myself.
Cons
Nothing.