Valero

Valero Employee Reviews

I love driving jobs
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Cupertino, CAMay 18, 2015
First thing I love driving ,second I love learing new things at work ,
driving is my passion , what ever job I do nicely and clean , I learn very quickly
Valero overall is a good company, but there is always a bad apple in the bunch
Employee (Former Employee), Linden, INMay 11, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: I think I said enough above
I can not speak intelligently of the relationship between management and employees at other facilities, but I can give my perspective of the Linden, IN facility.

At this facility you will find some really good people, some really good friends and a career that you may want to take pride in. The good people and good friends are unfortunately starting to leave this facility and I believe it has a bit to do with taking pride in your work. You see, it appears to me that those people that you can count on, that take pride in their work and would ultimately just like to come to work to put in an honest days work to earn a living, plain and simply aren't being appreciated. There is a good deal of favoritism shown to people that are truly lazy or just have poor work ethics because they know how to "shmooze" or kiss butt. Alternatively, those people that show up everyday on time and try to do their best seem to get no recognition at all. So this has lead this facility to a point where a large number of the experienced staff are looking to move on. They have tried and tried to move up based on merits, but that doesn't seem to work. They have tried to make improvements to the everyday work life only to have it all demolished by those that really do not care or by poor choices made by management for which they never take credit. I have witnessed such things as a member of management making a change to the process which produced wasted product, but then let someone else take the responsibility of the mistake. I have witnessed the plant manager turn his cheek on a safety issue that he – more... was involved in, but fired others for much smaller issues by comparison.

Suffice it to say that I could go on and on about these issues, but I won't. Just keep an eye open for all of the job postings that are to come soon. The amount of turnover should speak for itself.

I would even suggest filling out an application because I believe some day in the near future there will be changes to management which, more importantly, should create changes to the culture.

Just keep in mind that if you are the sort of individual that likes to take ownership or pride in his/her work, you will be sorely disappointed here until something changes. – less
faced paced
Store Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMay 6, 2015
Pros: face paced
Cons: short breaks
In this face paced workplace I was able to learn how to multitask while doing in a professional manner, I also learned some computer skills such a word and data entry.
Fun and fast paced
Team Member (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 1, 2015
Pros: basic health insurance
Cons: no breaks
There was never a boring day at work. I learned how to be efficient in cleaning a work place, the cash register, and how to communicate with customers. My co-workers were team players and helped. The hardest job was multi-tasking throughout the entire work day. The most enjoyable was meeting new people.
Enjoyable and Energized work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Shreveport,LAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Healthcare
A typical day at work is very fun , im always energized and ready to work.. What i leaned about working is that postively equal growth. I managent to make it through everyday. I would describe my co-workers as very motivating people. The hardest part of the job is seeing a disatisfied customer. The most enjoyable part is getting the job done
Good work environment and worked with school schedule
Cashier (Former Employee), Cleburne, TXApril 21, 2015
Help customer with checkouts and questions, able to work alone and get what was needed done without other distractions
A fun workplace with positive co-workers
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Free coffee and fountain drinks
Cons: really short breaks
A typical day at work was slow.
i learned how to handle money.
My co-workers was nice and helpful
Hardest part was keeping a positive attitude with rude people.
Very laid back and easy
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 9, 2015
If you know how to handle money, are capable of lifting up to 50 pounds, and can work a computer you are capable of working here. It is not hard at all. I enjoyed it very much.
Fun work places
Customer service (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 2, 2015
I love working with different customers putting a smile on there face

I had the best manager she always helped me with things if i needed help
Manager (Former Employee), Waverly, OhioMarch 30, 2015
Started my day at 9am had awesome employees. Great company to work for. I enjoyed my job and the people that worked there.
Team work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 27, 2015
Pros: good work environment.
Cons: continuing schedule change.
Customer service is outstanding. Managerial functions are furnished artistically. customer satisfaction always comes first priority. overall work environment is an opportunity-package.
A company lead by engineers
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Jefferson, WIMarch 21, 2015
Management makes calculated decisions based on facts. Leadership makes sure funding is spent correctly and is smart on project types.
Its a gas station
Graveyard Shift (Former Employee), Rimforest, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: most nights are slow
Cons: no one to help if it gets busy, no discount
Not much to say here. Graveyard shift at a gas station. A lot of work with only two employees on the clock. The best part of working there was the rare occurrence where a customer needed help and I was able to help them.
Provide good service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lost Hills, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: are safey, get vacations pay, holidays pay the right way.
Cons: short brakes, and are pay
A typical day at work prepping my shift ready to work, maintain work place clean and safe customers happy. Learning to do a little bit of ordering and paper work. The hardest part is unhappy customers. The enjoyable part of the job is customers stories and were there traveling places.
Great job!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 9, 2015
Great opportunity to learn many parts of management. Excellent experience and helpful management. Always a job that I will appreciate.
an endless nightmare to work at
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 8, 2015
Pros: free drink from fountain
Cons: no lunch break
When I first started, I was already told that my job would be terminated if I did not pass certain training requirements. Luckily, I did pass. But throughout my time there, the manager was incompetent and lashed out on his employees daily with rude notes and verbal threats. I ended up voluntarily quitting after finding employment through a staffing agency. I would recommend working anywhere else but Valero.
Enjoyable Job with Awesome Customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTMarch 7, 2015
steady customer flow
hard work appreciated
management weak at times
mostly decent coworkers
nothing hard at this job
loved customers
Fast pace and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Tomball, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Never a dull moment, always something to do and always had fun doing it. From unloading truck to taking care of the lunch rush to cleaning the store, every moment was filled with laughter and smiles.
Work isn't recognized
Transportation Analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2015
There is very little recognition from upper management.
You will get no flexibility in schedules
Day to day stuff is kind of routine and boring
It takes a long time to move up
very fast paced and mostly solo
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: good pay and hours
Cons: no determined breaks, not a lot of help, 90% by yourself without managment
when i was there i barely saw the manager, we mostly worked by ourselves because not a lot of people worked in our area so we worked all the time. people expected us to be fast paced but we were stretched so thin it was very stressful especially if youre going to school like i was. so if you work there you have to be dedicated to it.

1 2 3 4 5

About Valero

About Valero Valero Energy Corporation is a Fortune 500 company based in San Antonio, Texas, and through its subsidiaries – Read more

Valero Salaries