Valero Employee Reviews

Short Hours Bad Management
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, OHNovember 21, 2017
It was an unprofessional workplace with bad management regarding the managers and not the higher up workers/owners. Being a stocker does not get enough pay or hours for the work you have to do in a freezing cold cooler.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
No Breaks, Bad hours, Cold work environment.
Operator A (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, CA 90744November 17, 2017
12 hr day ,, 4 days on 4 days off,, 2000 miles from my family, work all holidays and after 22 years away from my family i am still away. people are good but a lot are cut throat for overtime. Work outside in the weather, bonus is offered each year.
Productive workplace
Carpenter Helper (Former Employee) –  Bay City, TXNovember 16, 2017
A very good environment to work in. Likes hard workers and team players. Managers are understanding. Hours are good, you work Monday through Sunday with a few days off during the week.
Valero is a great social and business learning experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 16, 2017
Working at Valero became a great learning experience. I enjoyed getting to know regular customers and helping them in any way possible. It’s a great business experience, and social experience as we’ll . I recommend Valero to others because Valero takes care of all employees.
Pros
Discounts are accepted after a good period of time working there
Cons
Little option to have flexible hours
Relaxed yet busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXNovember 13, 2017
Most days were easy, around 5 were busy due to people coming home and leaving for work. I learned a lot working there, always worked hard even when pregnant, doing things I shouldn't have done. Hardest part of the job was working the cooler due to it being so cold, also keeping up with people at registers due to someone not working the registers with me at busy times. I worked there in 2011 and management could've been better but he tried his hardest doing what he could. Most enjoyable working there was meeting people and making friends. Had a chance to move up but turned it down because of moving to a different location,
Pros
discounts
Cons
no breaks
excellent company to work for
Senior Tech Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, TXNovember 11, 2017
follow all polices and procedures, make safety your number one priority and you will have a long career. best company I ever worked for. this job at times is demanding, stressful physically as well as mentally, over all well worth the 17 years I spent there
I loved my job.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 9, 2017
I recommend this job because you learn customer service skills daily and the pace of work is great. Being able to help and tend to customers needs is a great feeling of accomplishment. The company alone is a positive environment.
pervs
Cashier/ Gas station Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waverly, OHNovember 9, 2017
Valero is very weak about keeping workers. They expect you to work until your hands fall off because nobody shows. I wanted to take some schooling to further my career.
Relaxing days
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pinole, CANovember 8, 2017
This was my first job and honestly it had a good staff and management. It was an amazing experience and I am glad to have gained it. Why not? Try it out.
Fun customer first work place.
(Lead)Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 7, 2017
I was a a nice starting job when i first Moved to Texas in 2014. It help me get settled her in the state. The lack of advancement was my main setback plus the pay was low..
Pros
set schedule
Cons
No advancement
starter job
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lytle, TXNovember 7, 2017
was flexible with hours while i attended college. trained you well and even the company paid to get the TABC alcohol seller certification. Pretty easy job.
Very fast paced but the hardest part of the job were the swing shifts
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Albert City IowaNovember 7, 2017
This job was hard for family life due to the swing shifts of every two weeks changing from day to night shift. No family time due to having to sleep after working 12+ hrs a day.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
upper management
great work environment
Refinery Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, CANovember 7, 2017
great work environment with people that work together to ensure the proper refining and storage of petroleum products. A great mixture of hands on and administrative work.
very busy, required to stand on feet for many hours at a time
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2017
typical day at work is busy from open til close . from gas pumps to check out counter and waiting area for customers waiting on there cars to be washed and called out to have them retrieved.

I've learned to work under pressure very quickly that's for sure, learned how to manage a cashier . cash handling experience as well
great
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 5, 2017
the work environment is great place, they treat you like family and they train you well,they are flexible and paid well for a temp job. great work environment
Managent was no good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 3, 2017
The management treated me good when I was the only employee.. I was running the store at night by myself for 3 months. Then she hired a lady that I trained and she made her assistant manager. then the assistant manager started talking to me crazy like yelling not asking for me to do something. I spoke to the main manager about this and she didn't do anything. so I quit.
Wonderful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 3, 2017
I worked second shift till close. I cashiered, stocked, cleaned. I learned federal regulations on money orders, state regulations on alcohol and cigarettes, city regulations on food handling. I got to know my customers, and became a larger part of my neighborhood.
the hardest thing to do was all the homeland securities procedures.
Pros
great bosses and customers
Cons
the vendors anlways ordering us more stock than we needed
Great company to work for
International Cash Analyst - Treasury Management (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78249November 2, 2017
Amazing benefits and work/life balance is decent. CEO is great and there are many departments to work in. Workplace culture at Valero is interesting, you have a big group of millennials and baby boomers working together.
Pros
stupendous benefits
Cons
vacation is limited to two weeks if you are a new hire
Ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXNovember 2, 2017
Valero a good job to have when you just staring out. I will tell my young friends to work there. There is just not much room to grow for people. still a good company.
na
Lead .Net Developer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 30, 2017
Review is not a conspiracy, a team-building exercise, a role-playing game, or an experiment in collusion. It is not meant as a resource or training ground for those who would instill fear and misery in others. It does not exist to corrupt, but to expose corruption; it does not exist to tear down institutions, but to expose the ways in which institutions are torn down; it does not exist to hate, but is meant to expose hate in others. To expose these things is not evil. It is not a monolithic entity, nor the sum of its parts. Like-mindedness does not imply singularity of purpose; respect for the rights of one group does not imply disrespect for the rights of another. It is not intended to be predictable, consistent, or dull.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valero. Our community is ready to answer.