VALERUS Employee Reviews

Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 21, 2016
Great place to work great pay, benefits, great people and great! boss & management fun relaxed place to work the other employees are great to work with like a family.
Pros
fun relaxed
I enjoyed the challenges with this company many different product lines and many opportunities to advance
Regional Operations Manager/Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXFebruary 20, 2017
I loved this job it took a few years however I would have put my team against any in the industry. They accepted all challenges and surpassed all in Quality, cost to build and safety
In the beginning my day would start with overhauling waukesha's, cat's, gemini's, Ariels and white superiors. Then building complete compressor packages with these rebuilt components
Then we started building all packages with all new engines and compressors
We then started implementing the LEAN process
Lastly we built stabilizers, fuel measurement skids, scavengers, reboilers, Engine driven coolers and more
The team loved to see if they could build any package faster and better than anyone else
We also build offshore packages and cold weather packages
Pros
Challenging and rewarding
Cons
Not much family time
Productive and relaxed atmosphere
Project Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 20, 2013
I enjoy my job at Valerus, It's a great place to work. I typically start work by 7:30 answering emails and setting up my schedule for the day. This is a place where you set your own pace and schedule. I love working and learning and I have learned so much about the oil and gas industry. I have a great Project Manager that has shared a lot of his knowledge with me.

I love working, learning and staying busy. Right now I am working with my PM to finish up our job so that it can ship out next month. After that we don't have any jobs in the office, we have 1 feed study and that is it. Many of the people don't mind spending a large percent of the day talking, spending time on the computer with little work to do. That is not for me, I raised 8 kids while running several business. I like to work, I like to learn and I like to be busy. I don't want to sit around for months on end waiting for a job to come my way.
Pros
good pay, lots of perks, casual dress, wonderful supervisor and pm
Cons
not enough work to keep everyone busy
Comfortable work environment
Mechanical Draftsman (Current Employee) –  Tulsa OklahomaJune 21, 2013
Was hired while still in college so my learning curve was the biggest challenge. Within an industry that takes most people multiple years to be comfortable with work, I took as a challenge to learn as much as possible in a short period of time. After only eight months of working for Valerus I was able to do the job of someone who has been in this work environment for more than three years. A typical day at work started with a morning meeting followed by working on diffrent design tasks to meet with company deadlines.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Advancement opprotunity
Good place to work they took care of their people. The reason i left was family matters.
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Majorsville, WVOctober 6, 2015
Good work environment good people. They spent time in teaching their employees to be better at their jobs. I done gas plant operations and production equipment work. Worked a lot and made good money ,probably 1 of the best jobs I ever had.
Pros
Good work place, good benefits
Cons
freezing cold weather in the winter, no place is perfect but they were good to me.
Good cohesiveness between work groups, good compensation/benefits
Master Trainer (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 19, 2014
AXIP (previously Valerus) management provide me with the tools I needed to succeed at my job. I was given a job to do, the tools to do it with, and support as needed. Time not spent actually teaching class was spent developing new or upgrading existing training materials. Co-workers were always pleasant to work with and worked together as a team.

The best part of the job was being able to see the changes in some of the students as they were able to understand their jobs better.
Pros
Proper equipment provided for research and presentations
Cons
Access to training facility locations could have been much better
Good work atmosphere for the most part
District Manager (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKMarch 31, 2015
There are many challenging projects daily with some wins and some set backs. The setbacks were a tool used to become better. Not all management was on board, most driven by personel gain. The team was as good as could be asked for, respecting each other and recognizing each others strengths. Staying honest for the building of a great work atmosphere was sometimes a challenge, but the success always over shadowed the failures which became a learning tool for a future time.
Pros
Good vision
Cons
Poor follow through on the vision
Accounts Payables
Accounts Payables - (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2014
I enjoyed my career at Valerus. I expanded my accounting knowledge and had great co-workers
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Changes in management
Enjoyed line of Work
International I&E / Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2016
Loved traveling and being in the field. Physically demanding very rewarding. Alot of responsibility working on heavy industrial equipment for natural gas compression. Engine and compressor overhauls.
Pros
All around great job
Cons
Oil and Gas
A wild ride
Lead Piping and Structural Designer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 27, 2012
They have flexible work hours. It would be a good place to work if they were more organized. There are no standards. Financial problems exist. Fighting between departments makes work uncomfortable. There are nice people that work there but, they aren't in charge. It is interesting work. It would be a good place to work if you were thick skinned.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
disorganized, angry
Too political....
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAApril 18, 2015
The work environment was unpleasant. Very jealous upper management would take out personal issues on employees just because they didn't like that person. I witnessed that behavior first hand..... I didn't realize that professional adults could be so childish.
Pros
Local employees were great
Cons
Corporate level was too political....
Enjoyable enviroment
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Sweeny, TxAugust 15, 2013
Design of low to high spec skid mounted natural gas compressors.
Learned a new system of design.
Management was supportive.
Co-workers were enjoyable.
The hardest part of the job was the daily distance traveled; 170 miles.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning a different method of Design.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Distance
Worst place I was ever employeed at
Welder (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAApril 4, 2014
Management made you work around 80 hours a week. Couldn't use the bathroom unless you had a can of Lysol. One time had to work 24 hours straight. When it rains warehouse yard floods. Trash is not removed. Very unappreciated. Production Manager was very rude and heartless.
Cons
Breakroom is dirty
great job and benefits
Compressor Operator/Compressor Tech (Current Employee) –  washington PaAugust 18, 2014
A great company to work for. Excellent benefits and compensation.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Great benefits. Great people,,,Company has a lot of potential due to rapid growth
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Comapany lacks organization
work long hour and hot work
Hydraulic Technician (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 16, 2015
work long and was very hot place to work at but every one got along just fine and work together like a machine would get your done on time and every one be happy
Pros
free lunch
Cons
breaks ok
good company. great place to work
lead compressor mechanic (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJanuary 15, 2015
good company. pay was very good. let you work all the hours you wanted.
Pros
very good pay
Cons
no room for advancement
good company to work for
Compressor Technician (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PANovember 11, 2015
worked for valerus in the beginning of 2013 before it sold the north half to Axip energy. I loved the bosses and really enjoyed my job, made an hour drive one way worth it every day. Thanks
Welder (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LAOctober 22, 2013
Its good, just management has no true knowledge of the oil field and welding industry. Everybody gets alone.
Amine Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  U. S. A.February 19, 2014
I like to work with others on the job. This how I have been able to learn time management skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VALERUS. Our community is ready to answer.