VALERUS

VALERUS United States Employee Reviews

Good work atmosphere for the most part
District Manager (Former Employee), El Reno, OKMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Good vision
Cons: Poor follow through on the vision
There are many challenging projects daily with some wins and some set backs. The setbacks were a tool used to become better. Not all management was on board, most driven by personel gain. The team was as good as could be asked for, respecting each other and recognizing each others strengths. Staying honest for the building of a great work atmosphere was sometimes a challenge, but the success always over shadowed the failures which became a learning tool for a future time.
good company. great place to work
lead compressor mechanic (Former Employee), Victoria, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: very good pay
Cons: no room for advancement
good company. pay was very good. let you work all the hours you wanted.
no advancement
General Laborer III (Current Employee), Sweeny, TXDecember 30, 2014
Co workers are great! No advancement unless your related to higher employee. The pay is not very good
Accounts Payables
Accounts Payables - (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: changes in management
I enjoyed my career at Valerus. I expanded my accounting knowledge and had great co-workers
Good cohesiveness between work groups, good compensation/benefits
Master Trainer (Former Employee), Midland, TXAugust 19, 2014
Pros: proper equipment provided for research and presentations
Cons: access to training facility locations could have been much better
AXIP (previously Valerus) management provide me with the tools I needed to succeed at my job. I was given a job to do, the tools to do it with, and support as needed. Time not spent actually teaching class was spent developing new or upgrading existing training materials. Co-workers were always pleasant to work with and worked together as a team.

The best part of the job was being able to see the changes in some of the students as they were able to understand their jobs better.
great job and benefits
Compressor Operator/Compressor Tech (Current Employee), washington PaAugust 18, 2014
A great company to work for. Excellent benefits and compensation.
New and clean shop work area good people
Natural Gas/ Compressor Technician (Current Employee), New Iberia, LAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: company truck
Cons: drive alot
Work out of co truck travel alot to different oil fill location taking care of natural gas compressors call out preventive mantience make contact with customer
Worst place I was ever employeed at
Welder (Former Employee), New Iberia, LAApril 4, 2014
Cons: breakroom is dirty
Management made you work around 80 hours a week. Couldn't use the bathroom unless you had a can of Lysol. One time had to work 24 hours straight. When it rains warehouse yard floods. Trash is not removed. Very unappreciated. Production Manager was very rude and heartless.
Assembly/Prefab (Current Employee), Sweeny, TXMarch 16, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: short breaks
On a normal day, I keep up with prefabing engines and compressors so they'll be ready before start date. I bend pipe for all the units.

When my supervisor is not there, I help keep up with paper work and make sure everything that is needed to be done that day is done.

I learned to use the hub machine to heat, and install hubs onto compressors. I learned to use the pipe bending machine to bend pipes
Amine Plant Operator (Current Employee), U. S. A.February 19, 2014
I like to work with others on the job. This how I have been able to learn time management skills.
Manager (Current Employee), Victoria, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: comapany lacks organization
Great benefits. Great people,,,Company has a lot of potential due to rapid growth
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Welder (Current Employee), New Iberia, LAOctober 22, 2013
ITS GOOD, JUST MANAGEMENT HAS NO TRUE KNOWLEDGE OF THE OIL FIELD AND WELDING INDUSTRY. EVERYBODY GETS ALONE.
Enjoyable enviroment
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee), Sweeny, TxAugust 15, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: distance
Design of low to high spec skid mounted natural gas compressors.
Learned a new system of design.
Management was supportive.
Co-workers were enjoyable.
The hardest part of the job was the daily distance traveled; 170 miles.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning a different method of Design.
Good company to work for
Buyer (Former Employee), Longview, TXJuly 7, 2013
I enjoyed working at Valerus. The people are friendly and I enjoyed meeting and dealing with the vendors that I worked with on a daily basis.
Comfortable work environment
Mechanical Draftsman (Current Employee), Tulsa OklahomaJune 21, 2013
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: advancement opprotunity
Was hired while still in college so my learning curve was the biggest challenge. Within an industry that takes most people multiple years to be comfortable with work, I took as a challenge to learn as much as possible in a short period of time. After only eight months of working for Valerus I was able to do the job of someone who has been in this work environment for more than three years. A typical day at work started with a morning meeting followed by working on diffrent design tasks to meet with company deadlines.
Excellent in my work.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Houston TexasJune 4, 2013
Daily activities include; assisting Sr. V.P. International. I book travel for V.P.'s and field personnel, work on visas and passports. Also, in charge of event planning such as Board Meetings, team building and other events. Most enjoyable part of the job is co-workers. The hardest part of the job is juggling all my activities which makes it a challenge.
Productive and relaxed atmosphere
Project Coordinator III (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 20, 2013
Pros: good pay, lots of perks, casual dress, wonderful supervisor and pm
Cons: not enough work to keep everyone busy
I enjoy my job at Valerus, It's a great place to work. I typically start work by 7:30 answering emails and setting up my schedule for the day. This is a place where you set your own pace and schedule. I love working and learning and I have learned so much about the oil and gas industry. I have a great Project Manager that has shared a lot of his knowledge with me.

I love working, learning and staying busy. Right now I am working with my PM to finish up our job so that it can ship out next month. After that we don't have any jobs in the office, we have 1 feed study and that is it. Many of the people don't mind spending a large percent of the day talking, spending time on the computer with little work to do. That is not for me, I raised 8 kids while running several business. I like to work, I like to learn and I like to be busy. I don't want to sit around for months on end waiting for a job to come my way.
A wild ride
Lead Piping and Structural Designer (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKDecember 27, 2012
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: disorganized, angry
They have flexible work hours. It would be a good place to work if they were more organized. There are no standards. Financial problems exist. Fighting between departments makes work uncomfortable. There are nice people that work there but, they aren't in charge. It is interesting work. It would be a good place to work if you were thick skinned.
Nice work environment
Engine Field Technician-Master Journeyman (Former Employee), Houma, LANovember 23, 2012
Pros: great hours
Cons: no company vehicles
Great learning experiences and clean environment. safe place to work.
its a great company to work for i enjoy coming to work
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee), New Iberia, LAAugust 21, 2012
It's a great company. I welcome the new comers to this great company

About VALERUS

Valerus Compression Services serves the compression needs of the oil and gas industry. Its products, which are used in older wells, include – Read more

VALERUS Photos