Valet Park of America Employee Reviews

Fun and flexible
Valet Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 17, 2017
Amazing company that is flexible with availability and is a fun environment to work in. Discipline and working hard within this company will provide availability to advance within the company.
Abusive hours, awful management, hostile environment
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 16, 2017
This company is a joke, if you are looking to have a part time job while balancing an outside life, then this is the last place you want to work. Make sure you read between the lines while reviewing the paper work, because you will soon find out that the management will abuse your requested hours because they don't know how to do their own job. For a company that wants its employees to demonstrate any type of professionalism and integrity, they sure know how to create a very hostile atmosphere for themselves. There is no respect for the employees, and the company seems to think that employees grow on trees outside of UMASS Campus. Fake professionalism is an understatement, value is a clash between employees, customers, and management, regards for outside lives is nonexistent, and "fakeness" is something that you will encounter the second you meet the HR Dept. if you are looking to make a career out of parking cars, or to aspire to be power hungry then I would recommend this job, although you may find yourself taking your anger out on college students who's dreams require a bit more than a background check.
Pros
Cars and friends
Cons
Abusive hours, bad management, bad atmosphere, high fire/discipline rate
Official response from Valet Park of America
May 17, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write this. I would love to hear specifics about exactly what happened so we can address your concerns. We try to be as accommodating with scheduling as possible, but in the hospitality business the needs of our clients can change on a weekly, even daily basis.

Please contact me at 413-827-8916 or tduval@valetparkofamerica.com - Tim Duval, HR Director.

Would not recommend to a friend unless they just wanted some extra cash
Valet Captain (Former Employee) –  Verona, NYApril 4, 2017
Valet Park of America has to be the worst company I've ever worked for as far as accommodating to their employees. They only see to do what helps their company strive, I understand they have a business to run but, the fact they don't drug test people whom are trusted to drive customers vehicles.
Official response from Valet Park of America
May 17, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write this. We try to be as accommodating with scheduling as possible, but in the hospitality business the needs of our clients can change on a weekly, even daily basis. This is especially true at a casino location with events and large fluctuations in customer volume. We do conduct random drug tests per our policy. If you have specifics that we can look into, I would like to hear from you so we can research.

Productive and fun place to work
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 25, 2017
It a fast paced job. I learned many new things about cars especially because you are put in many different scenarios and help all kinds of customers. Its a rewarded and fun job.
Great workplace
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 5, 2017
Help people in and out of cars, survey cars, hold onto keys, interact with customers, help putting things in cars, smile, keep friendly and always have a positive attitude
Pros
Tips
Cons
Short breaks and long shifts
Easy job. Stamina is a must, you will be running to the cars. Tips are ok.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 2, 2017
It's an easy job to learn and do. The owner is a really nice guy. The job can be layed back but if there is an influx of cars it can get hectic quick. Just listen to the managers, do them a favor once and a while and they will take care of you. There is always room for advancement.
Pros
Very flexible hours, tips, room for advancement
Cons
Working outside in inclamate weather, rude/arrogant customers
driving
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 26, 2017
very laid back job but can get really busy and stressful at times. Doesnt pay too well when you first start out but it can increase.
Better than alot of the other valet companies i have seen and heard about in the area
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 24, 2017
Good company. People here are nice to get along with and like to help you out the best as possible. ......... People here are dedicatef to their job here .
Pros
Lots of public events to work for
Cons
No breaks, not enough people to cover you for a break, have to work through break or eat and work at the same time
Fun place to work at depending on the season.
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 20, 2017
It was a good experience driving all different kinds of cars and always being outside, however not much room for advancement within the company due to the fact they only have one contract/location in the syracuse area.
Pros
Driver different cars, improves driving
Cons
Pay rate, no employment advancement
Intense environment
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 3, 2017
A typical day at work would be standing outside waiting for patients to pull in to need parking assistance in the parking lot. I learned that most patients are going to come in with a attitude and that even if I feel uncomfortable with the tone they are using against me, I still need to give respect and show respect to the company and myself on the job. The management is not a problem and is there whenever you need them. The hardest part of the job is dealing with patients attitudes. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients settle inside and giving them any assistance they need.
Pros
discounts on lunch in cafeteria.
Cons
short breaks, uniform deduction each check.
Lazy staff and bad service.
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 1, 2017
I am a natural working with cars. Other people, although, were bad at dealing with customers and being basic attendants. I worked with people who made big mistakes with key , they were generally college drop-outs, always running late, not responsible.
Productive and fun workplace while always serving complete customer satisfcation
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 25, 2016
A typical day at work involves giving the customers a complete satisfaction of their experience and day. Making them smile in anyway possible. And offering win-win solution in the case of a problem
Better training and hiring
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  NYSeptember 7, 2016
this company doesn't really care about you.Theyre quick to change policies and never tell you, But when you ask them about missing personal time, they are as slow as possible.Management barely does a dam thing and gets the credit for a job but then will be quick to point fingers at you if something goes wrong.
Pros
Easy
Cons
98% of all
Great exercise
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 12, 2016
A typical day in the shoes of a valet attendant isn't easy work. Seems easy but having to run back and forth from car to car no matter the weather takes a toll on you.
Fast pace work environment
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 17, 2016
Working in the harsh weather and standing on your feet all day is pretty much the hardest part of the job, but it being fast paced the time flies by.
Perfect temporary/college job
Valet Attendant/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  CTFebruary 15, 2016
Great company. Management actually cares about their employees. Very family oriented. Lots of opportunity for advancement.

Biggest pro: Coworkers. Most days don't even feel like work, just hanging out with friends.

Biggest con: Payroll not always on top of things. Missing pay/compensation is typical.

Also extreme hot/cold conditions may not be suitable for everyone, but that should be a given.

Overall I would definitely recommend.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Payroll discrepancies
fun place to work some thing different every day
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 5, 2016
fun place to work some thing different every day. its also a good way to stay in shape you do a lot of running to get cars. the hardest thing about the job is just dealing with the weather cause your working in all kinds of weather
Pros
you get to drive alot of cars
Cons
working out side in all kinds of weather
Learning about customer service
Valet Parking (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 11, 2015
I learned how to provide excellent customer service with this job for the year that I worked for Valet Park of America. The co-workers were mostly all friendly and I enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of the job was working in the cold during the Winter. The most enjoyable part of the job was how impressed our customers were by my hard work. Making their day made the experience very enjoyable for me.
Pros
Working with friendly people
Cons
Short, unpaid lunch break
Manger did not care
Yale Hospital Valet Parking (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 8, 2015
a typical day at work was very busy but got the job done.
hardest part was dealing with the managers.
My co workers got the job done but it was mostly the employee doing more of the job than the mangers but i'm a team player so i always got the job done with the team mates.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Mangers
face paced environment with great co workers and plenty to do enjoyed my stayed with this company
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 3, 2015
a typical day at work would be i would come in punch in, say hello to everyone, find out what went down so far, and what my duties would be.I learned so much at this company including how to be a better man and worker. my co workers were exceptional. for me there were no hard part of the job i loved every bit of it.. the most enjoyable part of the job was the customers..
Pros
driving nices cars
Cons
mean customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valet Park of America. Our community is ready to answer.