Valhalla Place follows a harm reduction approach which supports the client in the change process and enhances motivation to lead a drug free lifestyle by offering medication assisted treatment services. Valhalla Place offers individual counseling for each client as well as group outpatient treatment, and mental health services. We are located in Woodbury and Brooklyn Park, Minnesota.
Current Opening: Dosing Nurse - Casual Position
Location: Brooklyn Park
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday 5:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. and Saturdays 6 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Qualifications: Licensed Practical Nurse
Valhalla Places lives and is guided by our core values of People, Service, Excellence, and Innovation. We are committed to a respectful and professional work environment. At Valhalla Place, we seek to elevate the status of others at all times. We believe in the power of diversity. We value inclusion. We promote a positive, respectful, and health work environment. We offer an environment that is innovative and collaborative.
Valhalla Place is proud of the employment experience. We offer competitive compensation and benefits for staff who works 32 hours or more per week including:
- 6 paid holidays a year
- 4 paid days of staff training and development
- In-house continuing education credit (CEU) offerings
- 3 paid days to complete off-site continuing education credit (CEU)
- 6 weeks of PTO for employees with 2+ years of service
- Flexible scheduling opportunities
- Employer subsidized healthcare for employees
- Group discounted dental care for employees
- Group discounted healthcare, dental, and disability plans for family members
- Career opportunities for a growing business
- Employer Matching IRA
Responsibilities may include:
- Administration and dispensing of opiate replacement medication (methadone and suboxone)
- Accurately and appropriately document client behaviors and self-reports
- Assist with client intake process
- Light administrative duties, which may include: answering phone calls, offering support to other staff members by relaying client information, assist in screening client appropriateness, light cleaning of pharmacy
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have current LPN licensure, and ability to provide proof
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to pass DHS background screen
- Phlebotomy certificate preferred, or willingness to become certified
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
Must be free from chemical use problems. As described in part 9530.6450, subpart 1, Treatment Directors, Supervisors, Nurses, Counselors and other professionals will have two years free of chemical use problems; paraprofessionals and all other staff with direct client contact will have one year free of chemical use problems. The time period begins to run on the date the employee begins receiving treatment services or the date of the last incident.