Vallarta Supermarkets

Vallarta Supermarkets Employee Reviews

productive most of the time
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Delano, CAApril 22, 2015
Management wasn't the best but a job is a job. I only came here for one reason and it was to work. Overall my experience at this store for two years wasn't the greatest.
Dispatcher (bakery department)
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Hesperia, CAApril 14, 2015
Opening and closing the store. Prepping the merchandise, satisfying every customers need, maintaining a clean and safe department, and stocking everything as it runs low in the pantry and tables.
Taqueria cashier/Shift Manager (Current Employee), Valley Glen, Burbank & Canyon CountryMarch 22, 2015
a typical day at work is busy, there are always things to do, clean, organize, stock.
I learn from there how to get prepare, how to get ready for the days work, to always look in the future, 'what if?"
The hardest part of the job is that you never stop, constantly moving and doing and the most enjoyable part is when you leave and realized that you met all the daily goals. You leave with a satisfactory feeling because you met your goals.
Productive, fun and fast paced job.
cashier trainer (Current Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Vallarta Supermarkets is a large company with the ability to grow even more with the right help of passionate and outgoing people.
not enjoyable
Stocker (Former Employee), bakersfield caJanuary 5, 2015
good job to start with and learn the basics, get to work around a lot of people and dealing with costumers,
Productive, Fast Pace,
Baker (Former Employee), Palmdale CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: 10 minute breaks
Cons: managing and store production
Go in and make bread.
Mix different bread ingredients.
Management was efficient.
Co-Workers were hard workers and understandable, easy to communicate.
Carrying heavy loads.
The most enjoyable part was the good energy in the working environment.
Productive and fast growing company
District Safety Supervisor (Current Employee), Pacoima, CANovember 30, 2014
Pros: great place to work growing company
Cons: none yet
One of the best companies that I have worked for, your work directly with ownership, your are treated with respect and valued for your skills.
work
Front End Manager (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAOctober 14, 2014
This company is very very unfair to their employees and they need their needs to be and investigation opened to their treatment to employees and hiring ethics.
Fun and great work place
meat cutter and costumer service (Current Employee), Porterville, CASeptember 26, 2014
i love to work here everything is good, co-workers and the hardest part was to deal with rude people but at the end of the day it was enjoyable.
unprofessional
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Canoga Park, CAAugust 24, 2014
its a grocery store that sells low priced items. don't expect professionalism, from management or clientele.
great opportunity
Booth Clerk (Current Employee), Arvin, CAAugust 5, 2014
I have learned and developed many good skills from working at Vallarta Supermarkets
very cool co-workers but bad managers
cook and food prep (Former Employee), North Hills, CAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: cash our checks with them
Cons: dont appreciate, no free lunch for kitchen workers
I liked the place, very fast and demanding job but just adds to the fun of it. Only thing that isnt cool is some of the managers. They get really bossy and dont want to work at all. Just order and order and order their workers like if we have 4 hands.
Fun workplace.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Victorville, CAJune 18, 2014
It was a decent place to work at. Management was always nice and respectful to employees. Coworkers were also nice and respectful.
Good Job to start out.
Bakery Department (Current Employee), Palmdale, CAJune 2, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduel, upper management is along side you all the way.
Cons: some employees come to work with bad attitudes and that effects the team.
This is an excellent company to start working as a young adult, this company cares a lot about their employees, the work, the quality and mainly the costumers, a lot of supermarkets don't care about costumer satisfaction anymore and me as a costumers sometimes don't appreciate that. The Upper management is very understanding and never makes you feel inferior, on the contrary they here your opinions and actually hear what you have to say, the understand your human and that we mess up sometimes, but are tough on you when they have to. The hours I cant complain because I don't have a lot going on personally and so I couldn't mind if I worked at morning or at night, but there very considerate and do make things work when you have to go to school and could only work at night or vise versa. Lastly I have but only positive things to say about this store, they really care for you in a away that no other employer has cared for me.
n/a
Cashier (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CaliforniaMay 18, 2014
Working in cash register and along side with the store team. Dealt with a lot of customer and large sums of cash.
Busy
Cashier (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAMay 16, 2014
Cashing customers out, making sure they found everything ok.
standard job
Butcher (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAMay 15, 2014
Pros: check cahing in store
Cons: almost everything else
it was not good working 6 outta 7 days a week with a absolutely random schedule every week.
great management
Cashier (Current Employee), porterville caMay 1, 2014
Pros: full time good hours
Cons: not a set schedule
I really enjoy working with Vallarta. Management is really good and understanding with the needs of employees. I got along with my co-workers well. Management always makes sure that the store looks clean and has good sanitary conditions.
Fun place to work
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee), Vernon, CAApril 26, 2014
In charge of first in first out
Needs of retailer
Assurance manager
Make sure 44 stores are happy
Communication with my supervisor
hard work
Grocery Receiver (Current Employee), Fresno, CAApril 24, 2014
Pros: socializing/communication
Cons: small warehouse
I work in a limited space. I have to receive the merchandise and organize it in the warehouse. I have contact with the personnel from the companies that deliver the merchandise to the supermarket, as well as with customers of the store. I sometimes work in the aisles when more personnel is needed inside the store. The toughest part is having to organize all the merchandise since the warehouse is very small. I have to think real clearly about how to best organize the merchandise in order for it to all fit in the warehouse. I work using forklifts. I enjoy my work environment because my coworkers are very fun to be around.

1 2 3