Vallarta Supermarkets

Vallarta Supermarkets Employer Reviews

Fun and great work place
meat cutter and costumer service (Current Employee), Porterville, CASeptember 26, 2014
i love to work here everything is good, co-workers and the hardest part was to deal with rude people but at the end of the day it was enjoyable.
unprofessional
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Canoga Park, CAAugust 24, 2014
its a grocery store that sells low priced items. don't expect professionalism, from management or clientele.
great opportunity
Booth Clerk (Current Employee), Arvin, CAAugust 5, 2014
I have learned and developed many good skills from working at Vallarta Supermarkets
very cool co-workers but bad managers
cook and food prep (Former Employee), North Hills, CAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: cash our checks with them
Cons: dont appreciate, no free lunch for kitchen workers
I liked the place, very fast and demanding job but just adds to the fun of it. Only thing that isnt cool is some of the managers. They get really bossy and dont want to work at all. Just order and order and order their workers like if we have 4 hands.
Fun workplace.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Victorville, CAJune 18, 2014
It was a decent place to work at. Management was always nice and respectful to employees. Coworkers were also nice and respectful.
Good Job to start out.
Bakery Department (Current Employee), Palmdale, CAJune 2, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduel, upper management is along side you all the way.
Cons: some employees come to work with bad attitudes and that effects the team.
This is an excellent company to start working as a young adult, this company cares a lot about their employees, the work, the quality and mainly the costumers, a lot of supermarkets don't care about costumer satisfaction anymore and me as a costumers sometimes don't appreciate that. The Upper management is very understanding and never makes you feel – more... inferior, on the contrary they here your opinions and actually hear what you have to say, the understand your human and that we mess up sometimes, but are tough on you when they have to. The hours I cant complain because I don't have a lot going on personally and so I couldn't mind if I worked at morning or at night, but there very considerate and do make things work when you have to go to school and could only work at night or vise versa. Lastly I have but only positive things to say about this store, they really care for you in a away that no other employer has cared for me. – less
n/a
Cashier (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CaliforniaMay 18, 2014
Working in cash register and along side with the store team. Dealt with a lot of customer and large sums of cash.
Busy
Cashier (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAMay 16, 2014
Cashing customers out, making sure they found everything ok.
standard job
Butcher (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAMay 15, 2014
Pros: check cahing in store
Cons: almost everything else
it was not good working 6 outta 7 days a week with a absolutely random schedule every week.
great management
Cashier (Current Employee), porterville caMay 1, 2014
Pros: full time good hours
Cons: not a set schedule
I really enjoy working with Vallarta. Management is really good and understanding with the needs of employees. I got along with my co-workers well. Management always makes sure that the store looks clean and has good sanitary conditions.
Fun place to work
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee), Vernon, CAApril 26, 2014
In charge of first in first out
Needs of retailer
Assurance manager
Make sure 44 stores are happy
Communication with my supervisor
hard work
Grocery Receiver (Current Employee), Fresno, CAApril 24, 2014
Pros: socializing/communication
Cons: small warehouse
I work in a limited space. I have to receive the merchandise and organize it in the warehouse. I have contact with the personnel from the companies that deliver the merchandise to the supermarket, as well as with customers of the store. I sometimes work in the aisles when more personnel is needed inside the store. The toughest part is having to organize – more... all the merchandise since the warehouse is very small. I have to think real clearly about how to best organize the merchandise in order for it to all fit in the warehouse. I work using forklifts. I enjoy my work environment because my coworkers are very fun to be around. – less
great day
❸ Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Baldwin Park CaliforniaFebruary 20, 2014
love working here day would begin with employees and managers greeting me it was as if i was in a family away from home
working at vallarta was a decent job, it gets busy at times but its nothig unmanagable
produce (Former Employee), Delano, CAJanuary 26, 2014
-i typically stacked produce on the displays
-i learned how to work quick when there are many customers
-the management would help out once in a while
-the co-workers were all very nice and help one another
-the hardest part of the job was when the store would get full
-the most enjoyable part was when not many people are in the store and you can work – more... at a relaxed pace – less
it was a good place to work
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), van nuys, ca 91406January 22, 2014
the coworkers are friendly
it was my first job
i learn a lot about costumer services
fun workplace
Store Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Burbank, CADecember 5, 2013
Pros: great managers
Cons: loved that they would play music
I started working here when i was in High school, it was my first Job and i loved it cause i was getting money and buying my own things. Starting having some responsibilities in my early age.
NOT A FUN PLACE TO WORK AT
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CANovember 18, 2013
THEY ARE TO STRICKT ON ANYTHING. THEY DON'T HAVE ANY GOOD COMPESATION OR HEALTH BENEFITS
I really didint like it here.
Cook/ Customer Service/ Prep/ Stock (Former Employee), Delano, CAOctober 21, 2013
People at vallarta really dont care about you all they care is not loosing money i had a horrible time working here,.
Fun and productive Work place.
Varied supermarket with hispanic foods (Current Employee), visalia, caOctober 16, 2013
Pros: gift cards for safety
Cons: part time employee
Company that recognizes hard work before seniority. A typical day at Vallarta is a busy day filled with opportunities to grow with my customer service skills.
cool
Cashier (Former Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 20, 2013
Bilingual a plus. Mostly Spanish Speaking environment. Very nice people.