Valle Vista Health System Employee Reviews

Professional agency with excellent opportuniies
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 28, 2017
This is a wonderful place to work with many curremt reaources. This facility is forever growing and changing to provide services to the community. Although positions are limited.
Pros
Multiple community opportunities
Cons
Limited positions
Babysitting
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 6, 2017
The Job of Mental Health Technician is an easy one, depending on the day and who you are working with. The easiest way to describe the job is that of a babysitter. MHT's make sure everyone is still breathing and helps to get them to where they need to go. The difficulty comes with the variety of people you have to deal with.
Valley Vista is a for profit business. they are, in my opinion, more about quantity of people served, rather than the quality of the service provided. As with any person with addiction or some kinds of mental illness, it comes down to whether the person wants to get better. From the perspective of a MHT Valley Vista has many instances of recidivism, and there is not much an MHT is able to do about that. Ultimately this is why I left the job, I wanted something where I could continually help and work with a person through their journey, rather than be a week long stop off in it.
Poor Management
Intake Clinician (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INDecember 4, 2016
This is very toxic work environment and it lacks effect leadership. They care more about getting clients into the doors versus effect services. The clients appear to have more rights then the workers.
Business Office
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 18, 2013
Constant contact with staff members (collector, biller, data entry clerk, financial counselor) as well as members of management team (CEO, CFO).
Hardest part was resolving problems that old CFO resolved and left no direction for. But I always figured it out.
Enjoyable part of my job was helping the clients that needed help in the financial aspect. Discounting their fees, or finding them eligible for our charity program.
Great learning experience
Intake Clinician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 24, 2013
Acute Crisis Intervention
Crisis Calls
Walk-In evaluations
Psycho-social evaluations
Loved it
Child/Adolescent Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMarch 18, 2013
Great place to work!! Loved the supervisors, and staff. Very comfortable and fun place to work.
Pros
i learned a great deal
Cons
working with the children/adolescents was difficult at times
Excellent CD program
Charge RN, PRN RN, Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INMarch 6, 2013
Many good programs in place at Valle Vista and although in a changing environment, a good place to work. Good education
Pros
good cd program
Mental Health Facility
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INApril 5, 2012
It is a wonderful place to work. I liked seeing the change in people when they were released. It was rewarding seeing how we could help people.
Pros
great people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valle Vista Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9