Valle Vista Hospital Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Mental Health Technician
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 11, 2016
I provide patients with 85% of their needs during their stay except pass medication. I check vitals and perform body searches, check in belongings, supervise up to 40 patients, and take them to doctors.
Pros
team work with staff
Cons
organization with the company
summary
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 6, 2016
I loved working with high school students and promoting school spirit. I would have loved to return for more seasons, but do to school I had to leave. Management was well put together and always has a strong foundation.
Pros
I was able to work with teenagers
Cons
low pay
Don't go there
Cook (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INMay 20, 2016
Don't go there to work they make you work seven days a week for months at a time, not good to workers, expect a lot out of you but not willing to do anything for the employees.
Cons
No days off
Valle Vista Hosp.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMay 22, 2015
I worked weekend receptionist with the occasional week day fill in. I transferred incoming calls to the prospective units they were needed and filed medical files. I rarely saw management on the weekends and the co-workers were typically behind locked doors on each unit. On most nights I was the only one you would see when you came in the front door.
In times of emergency staff worked quickly and efficiently together.
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INFebruary 7, 2014
Experience gained with a wide range of patients including children, teens, and adults. Work included monitoring, charting, crisis intervention, and leading groups with a specific population. The hardest part of the job was the need for going hands on at times including restraints. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people in their time of crisis.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
The calling of "codes" which involved going hands on with out of control patients.
Good CD program
Assistant Director of Nursing, UM Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INMarch 6, 2013
Learned some different management skills from the DON. In process of many changes but overall a good place to work. Have some really good programs in place and has an excellent CD program with excellent therapists.
Pros
staff there that want to do a good job, feel like it is their home away from home.