Vallejo City Unified School District Employee Reviews

Fun
Sub Para Educator / Child Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CASeptember 23, 2015
This School District is good to work for unless they are closing the school down. sometimes they do put the wrong people in charge but if end up with a great manager you will have an awesome time working for them.
do not work here
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAAugust 3, 2015
Do not work here. Everyday is a depressing day at this place. The most optimistic person can easily get caught in the dark cloud trap. the environment is very unpleasant, scattered and logic will never be a part of their vocabulary. The only people that sat working at VCUSD are those that absolutely have to either because of lack of job experience or they live on the community and the commute is easy.
Nice work place
Campus Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 1, 2014
Great place to work. The Vallejo City Unified School District had to cut most of the Vallejo Adult School Programs due to budget cuts.
Loved my job and my students for 26 years!
Vallejo Adult School Teacher Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAAugust 22, 2013
The Vallejo City Unified School District had to cut most of the Vallejo Adult School Programs due to budget cuts. Unfortunately, all of my classes and programs were cut. I miss teaching!
Pros
great staff, students, hours, pay & benefits.
Cons
long commute for me.
Bad Management
ROP Computer Applications Teacher (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAMarch 8, 2013
The management and support was not very good during my employment. In addition, the district and administration personnel are among the highest paid in the state and its teachers are the lowest. For the difficulty of the job and having students who have migrated with their families from Oakland and Richmond, this was an extremely difficult position with problems coming from almost every student. The district is very low on funds and cannot support maintenance on computer repair in a short period of time. I was told that I had to wait and wait, then when the entire year was almost over, I was told I didn't have enough patience and if it took until next year, I had to wait and be more patient. When I had 60% of my computers down after requesting the technology be fixed 6 months prior, this was getting to be a little ridiculous. I don't recommend you work here, go somewhere else. Also, if you work here, never report to the union. You will automatically get on administrations bad side since it goes in writing on their record. This includes when they do wrong to you. You're going to have to just take it and say yes, I'll do what you say.
Pros
the cost of living in vallejo has been low for a few years and can still be affordable.
Cons
students are from difficult families.
Very intune with the schools in their District.
On Call Substitute Secretary (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CANovember 23, 2012
Great teachers and staff. Positive environment. Great opportunity to learn skills that can apply to other positions in the school district.
Productive and on the rise
After School Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vallejo CaliforniaJuly 19, 2012
V.C.U.D trains employees to be compliant with all state standards and regulations. Though benefits and compensations are offered, the premiums are too high for entry level employees. The schools are very diverse however many management personnel are related. Budge cuts has hit Vallejo tremendously as there are layoffs across the board. Vallejo has under gone a transformation with a new super attendant and is on the rise. This year alone we had a 30% increase at my school in parent involvement.
Pros
flexeable scedules for employees returning or going to school
Cons
health care packets and premiums are too high for entry level employees
Working with my co-workers is the highlight of my day.
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJune 30, 2012
Working with students in a classroom, I have learned that every student matters, no matter what their differences are. Management is alright at times. Now, my co-workers are there at any giving time, for the ups and the downs of work, we look out for each other. The hardest part of the job is when I can't get the students to believe in themselves, but at the end of the day, I can atleast have helped one achieve their goal then I believe I have helped out in ways I may never even could imagine.
Pros
my new principal.
Cons
healthcare
Not a good place to work, the leadership has a lot to be desired.
Director of Transportation (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAApril 2, 2012
Not a good play to work. Nepotism is rampart in this school District.
Very educational, loving people
CLERK II (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAMarch 23, 2012
Working for this company has taught me a lot in terms of the community as a whole, working together for our children and their future which made me work diligently and a lot harder.
Pros
educational, nurturing environment
Cons
not enough money from the government

Want to know more about Vallejo City Unified School District?

Ask a question
Productive and constructive
Secretary (Former Employee) –  VallejoMarch 13, 2012
Would love to be able and return to the public school but there is no money and the job was eliminated
Pros
teachers, principals were outstanding
Cons
not long enough lunch breaks

2.9