Vallen Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Various Management Positions (Current Employee) –  Blemont, NCJuly 12, 2016
There is no work-life balance, compensation is terrible, and leadership is nonexistent since the CEO retired last year. Advancement is only for those who are related to managers, or are part of the Good-Old-Boys network that formed the company years and years ago. IDG is being merged with Hagermeyer, which seems like they may be an OK company, but avoid IDG.
Pros
Pay is usually on time, if sometimes incorrect
Cons
Misery and low morale abound, just ask anyone below a Director-level
management sucked in this place
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Travelers Rest, SCJanuary 4, 2017
was material handler, forklift operator
management was horrible
no room for advancement
co workers were so so
hardest part of job was the management
not really enjoyable
Pros
Cons
management
Fast Paced environment
Outbound Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Typical day would be getting to work to find out at least 3 people in your team have called in sick.Management more concern about numbers than people.
Cons
underpaid if you are not on salary
Not much room for growth/long work hours
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHNovember 1, 2016
Expect you to work for weeks on end without a day off. No raises as if right now. Moral is very low. Can't keep new employees
Pros
There isn't any
Cons
Long work hours, no raises
Vallen
Regional Distribution Center (RDC) Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 13, 2017
Good company to work for even after they were bought out by Hagemeyer NA. They provided good benefits if you remained with the company after the buyout.
Workplace
Rental/Turnaround Manager (Former Employee) –  Nederland, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Vallen was a good environment to work in. Most of the people I worked with were very helpful. There is not much room for advancement though.
Great and supportive team members
Accounts Receivables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 10, 2016
Typical day I worked from 7:00 am - 4:00 pm and stayed very busy.
I learned a tremendous amount about accounting.
Management settled for nothing less than perfection.
Best co-workers I can remember working with.
Hardest part of the job was continually striving to meet my supervisors standards.
Felt like part of a work family.
Pros
Had United Way fund raisers with raffles for quality items
Cons
Wasn't five minutes from my home
Your average large company - nothing special
Corporate Resource (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 31, 2016
Do not work for this company if you are looking for an exciting work environment, job security, high potential for advancement, or competitive compensation.
Pros
Great middle management
Cons
Important initiatives are not given the necessary funding/support - ie check out the company website
So enjoyed this job!
Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEDecember 4, 2016
I am a morning person. This job started early. I performed cycle counts first thing in the morning. When CNH employee's arrived I waited the counter to charge out the supplies they needed. The rest of the day was shipping/receiving, stocking, waiting the counter.
I had wonderful co-workers. We worked well together, helped each other. I loved this job. I love working with people.
Pros
The work.
Cons
Good people to work with
Counter Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 12, 2016
Supportive coworkers however compensation and management leaves something to be desired. Great place to learn the industry basics.
Going from plant to plant
Technical Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 15, 2016
Management is ok the people i worked with were nice and its not the hardest job but it take a lot of physical work.hagemeyer overall is not a bad company i just hope get better equipment to make the job less stressful.
Company doesn't care about their employees
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Belmont, NCJuly 28, 2016
This company doesn't care about the well being of their employees and there is really no place to advance even when you perform and do your best.
Cons
Low pay, no advancement
Loved working here
Shipping and Receiving Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILDecember 3, 2016
I loved working at Hagemeyer. The crew was great to work with. Would love to go back to hagemeyer but they closed the company
Global parent company
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 25, 2016
Typical work day is managing the production area and kit process area, customer service, inside sales and associate interaction.
Challenging
District Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 6, 2016
Responsible for overall profitability within the CA market. A great deal of responsibility for one person.
Difficulty balance between taking care of direct reports and an enormous and complex sales force.
productive work enviroment
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 28, 2016
deliver products to customers unload all incoming freight ensure inventory control was conducted. ensure all material delivered was on packing lists. very hot environment in summer and very cold in winter.
Great company with good values
Document Control/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 16, 2016
* data entry and assistance office manager
* accounts payable and accounts receivable
* management was great and caring
* co-workers worked together
* finding small parts in a big warehouse
* traveling to other location
Pros
I got to travel some
Cons
Company merged
Uncomfortabe, stressful, disorganized
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 18, 2014
The work required was pretty simple. Not too demanding, lots of physical activity but all can be done in a timely matter. The co-workers seemed to be cool people. The managers made me uncomfortable from my second week all the way to they terminated me. I didn't feel welcomed, wanted, appreciated, or respected but I continued to try to work harder so they could learn to acknowledge my skills. While they constantly kept a dark cloud over my head i had no intention of letting that phase my work, however, i made a mistake setting my alarm for pm instead of am on my phone making me 2 hours late giving them leverage to fire me. I accepted my mistake and we part ways like men.

To summarize, The management was real screwed up when i joined and seemed to decline as I was there but the co workers are real supportive to one another and work well as a team.
Pros
Overtime, boeing trips, decent starting salary, benifits
Cons
management, short breaks
No growth or encouragment for growth. Production down=write-up for you
Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2015
They don't encourage advancement at all. Management prefers to keep you where you are. First raise in 3 years was given a few months ago and very small. Decent benefits, but if production is down due to the economy- you'll get written up (even if work was never offered).
under paid / over work
ACQUISITION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALMay 30, 2012
This company believes in on the job training. You teach yourself how to do the job. They aren't forth coming with information and procedures. FYI-on the job training means you assigned with someone who is the expert for the job and be trained appropriately. Not shown short cuts to get by. If you contact Human Resource or Upper Management about any concerns they will gang up on you and say it’s your fault and you don’t take responsibility for you action. There is no teamwork, respect for the individual, and you aren’t valued as employee. There is also a good ole boy system. If you don’t know anyone in management and you’re not a brown nosier you’re screwed. This is my experience with this company. This company has great potential but they need to clean house and restructure . They need to utilize the training personal and program so new employees will be trained to the expectation of upper management. As well incorporate a refresher course for senior employees. They also need give out raises and bonus, pay the employees their worth. This job has been the most stressful job I have endured. You are over work and underpaid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vallen. Our community is ready to answer.