Vallen Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Various Management Positions (Current Employee) –  Blemont, NCJuly 12, 2016
There is no work-life balance, compensation is terrible, and leadership is nonexistent since the CEO retired last year. Advancement is only for those who are related to managers, or are part of the Good-Old-Boys network that formed the company years and years ago. IDG is being merged with Hagermeyer, which seems like they may be an OK company, but avoid IDG.
Pros
Pay is usually on time, if sometimes incorrect
Cons
Misery and low morale abound, just ask anyone below a Director-level
Not much room for growth/long work hours
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHNovember 1, 2016
Expect you to work for weeks on end without a day off. No raises as if right now. Moral is very low. Can't keep new employees
Pros
There isn't any
Cons
Long work hours, no raises
Great and supportive team members
Accounts Receivables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 10, 2016
Typical day I worked from 7:00 am - 4:00 pm and stayed very busy.
I learned a tremendous amount about accounting.
Management settled for nothing less than perfection.
Best co-workers I can remember working with.
Hardest part of the job was continually striving to meet my supervisors standards.
Felt like part of a work family.
Pros
Had United Way fund raisers with raffles for quality items
Cons
Wasn't five minutes from my home
Good people to work with
Counter Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 12, 2016
Supportive coworkers however compensation and management leaves something to be desired. Great place to learn the industry basics.
management sucked in this place
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Travelers Rest, SCJanuary 4, 2017
was material handler, forklift operator
management was horrible
no room for advancement
co workers were so so
hardest part of job was the management
not really enjoyable
Pros
Cons
management
Your average large company - nothing special
Corporate Resource (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 31, 2016
Do not work for this company if you are looking for an exciting work environment, job security, high potential for advancement, or competitive compensation.
Pros
Great middle management
Cons
Important initiatives are not given the necessary funding/support - ie check out the company website
Very much state of the art offices, fitness ctr, cafe for lunch and breakfast
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 26, 2016
I loved working for the company, had many friends there, long time working for one company but I just loved the people, they were like my 2nd family.. Only once did I have a Boss that I didn't care much for. Many opportunities to advance within the company.
Pros
Nice cafe
Cons
Good benefits
Good work environment
Area Operations Manager/ Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 4, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at Hagemeyer. The leadership provides direction, but autonomy as well. Compensation is acceptable.
Pros
Values initiative
Cons
Need infrastucture upgrade
So enjoyed this job!
Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEDecember 4, 2016
I am a morning person. This job started early. I performed cycle counts first thing in the morning. When CNH employee's arrived I waited the counter to charge out the supplies they needed. The rest of the day was shipping/receiving, stocking, waiting the counter.
I had wonderful co-workers. We worked well together, helped each other. I loved this job. I love working with people.
Pros
The work.
Cons
the company is very well manage and i would put in a good word to some one whos looking for ajob in their company.
Security guard/ active superviser (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhAugust 25, 2015
The type of day at work is very busy but enjoyable i got to people from different back grounds also i learned how to handle issues that very inportant and not so inportant. IThe hardest thing about work is nothing but the rules changes in the middle of porgess but iam easy to adjust to anything that comes my way . I a taem player and i like my coworker to be the same. I enjoy my jobs that i had because i got to know alot of people and learned many different skills in the field i worked in.
Pros
401K
Cons
Security their Security officers
No growth or encouragment for growth. Production down=write-up for you
Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2015
They don't encourage advancement at all. Management prefers to keep you where you are. First raise in 3 years was given a few months ago and very small. Decent benefits, but if production is down due to the economy- you'll get written up (even if work was never offered).
Company doesn't care about their employees
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Belmont, NCJuly 28, 2016
This company doesn't care about the well being of their employees and there is really no place to advance even when you perform and do your best.
Cons
Low pay, no advancement
Loved working here
Shipping and Receiving Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILDecember 3, 2016
I loved working at Hagemeyer. The crew was great to work with. Would love to go back to hagemeyer but they closed the company
Challenging
District Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 6, 2016
Responsible for overall profitability within the CA market. A great deal of responsibility for one person.
Difficulty balance between taking care of direct reports and an enormous and complex sales force.
Going from plant to plant
Technical Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 15, 2016
Management is ok the people i worked with were nice and its not the hardest job but it take a lot of physical work.hagemeyer overall is not a bad company i just hope get better equipment to make the job less stressful.
productive work enviroment
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 28, 2016
deliver products to customers unload all incoming freight ensure inventory control was conducted. ensure all material delivered was on packing lists. very hot environment in summer and very cold in winter.
Global parent company
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 25, 2016
Typical work day is managing the production area and kit process area, customer service, inside sales and associate interaction.
Uncomfortabe, stressful, disorganized
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 18, 2014
The work required was pretty simple. Not too demanding, lots of physical activity but all can be done in a timely matter. The co-workers seemed to be cool people. The managers made me uncomfortable from my second week all the way to they terminated me. I didn't feel welcomed, wanted, appreciated, or respected but I continued to try to work harder so they could learn to acknowledge my skills. While they constantly kept a dark cloud over my head i had no intention of letting that phase my work, however, i made a mistake setting my alarm for pm instead of am on my phone making me 2 hours late giving them leverage to fire me. I accepted my mistake and we part ways like men.

To summarize, The management was real screwed up when i joined and seemed to decline as I was there but the co workers are real supportive to one another and work well as a team.
Pros
Overtime, boeing trips, decent starting salary, benifits
Cons
management, short breaks
productive
warehouse Receiving & warehouse Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXMay 20, 2016
Ok company per work load, hours, healthcare, sick leave, vacation, holidays, working with other personal with the company and helping others.
Pros
Free lunches for achevments.
Cons
short lunch breaks
IDG Review
Integrated Supply Chain Site Manager (Current Employee) –  USAApril 7, 2015
A typical day involves lots of moving parts, meetings and excitement. I am involved in aspects of my customer's business from the tools and safety items used during production to strategic long term cost savings projects. I have to be innovative, hands-on and creative to meet the ever changing demands of a fast-paced manufacturing operation. The fun never stops for someone with a mindset to succeed! The compensation is great and the benefits are outstanding. But being the only one on-site that does what I do...taking time off can be a challenge. If it's attention you want...you'll get it as a Site Manager.
Pros
Compensation for performance
Cons
Time off/vacation time limited

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vallen. Our community is ready to answer.