Vallen Employee Reviews

Bottom Line Oriented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCMay 17, 2017
Management seems concerned with the bottom line over all other aspects of business. Normally not an issue, but the plan to achieve the bottom line growth is not shared with employees. This creates an environment of why. Employees wonder why they do certain things with no explanation other than "because I said so." Local management is much more in tune with employees desires than regional. If you are looking for a "home," this is not the place.
Cons
Degrees required to advance, unwritten rule.
Team players
Accounts Payable Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 4, 2017
Employees very postitve team players at this company. The management makes unprofessional decisions on who they choose to promote. Management is on a buddy system
Pros
great employees
Cons
unfair to hard working people
I loved working here, but no chance for advancement
Fire and Respiratory Tech (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAMay 4, 2017
I absolutely loved working for this company. I was hired as a temp and was promised a permanent position, however the nephew of a current employee was chosen over me to do the job that I was already doing. Then I was laid off a couple months after. Broke my heart
No recreation at all
Cherry Picker/Reach Truck & Crown Operator (Former Employee) –  Closed their doors and moved to OhioApril 30, 2017
This companies employees did not take safety serious. There was too much favortism between management and friends that had been hired. If you was not in a click, then you was treated totally different.
Pros
Cons
Worked like hebrew slaves
Excellent company to work for, very rewarding.
Safety Specialist, Territory Sales Manager QSSP (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 10, 2017
Vallen Distribution is the evolution of acquisitions of many companies coming together over the last 26 years. My experience with Vallen started with Briggs Weaver Industrial, which was acquired by Cameron & Barkley which acquired Vallen Safety which was later acquired by Hagemeyer North America a division of Sonepar U.S..
As an outside industrial and safety sales representative my typical day included interaction with our customers and more importantly my internal customers, my fellow employees who made up a great team.
I learned to always be honest with everyone. The management was great. Competition is fierce in this market. When you always tell the truth, customers come to you for help.
Pros
Management acknowledges hard work.
Cons
New management does not understand the El Paso Market.
Was IDG when I worked for them
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COMarch 30, 2017
Opened a one man Integrated 3rd party warehouse for PCC/AFT to supply manufacturing operation for metal and plastic injection molding company. 3 year contract was begun, but customer changed model 6 months in that made profitability for both companies very difficult. IDG Management promised many things, but gave very little support to the site. I stayed until the contract ran out.
Good people laid back work environment
Vendor Manager (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 22, 2017
Management is good to work for
Coworkers are easy to get a long with and helpful
Workplace is very down to earth and you are able to go about your day at your own pace.
Challenging and Rewarding
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Water Valley, MSFebruary 28, 2017
The only negative is being so far away from the flag pole. The work was challenging and rewarding.
Training on the use of software systems could be better. The atmosphere is positive and fair for all.
A day in the life....
Counter & Phone Salesman (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 17, 2017
Each day should present new challenges you face head first! Work each and every day to maintaining excellent relationships, between my customers and co-workers.

Having a positive mindset is key. My customers are very important to me and providing them with anything less than my best is unacceptable. The key is always to provide the type of relationship an service that brings the customer back, time and time again.
Pros
Networking and relationship building, sampling of products so we can speak informatively to our targeted audiance
Cons
sometimes needing more help if your customer base grows
Vallen
Regional Distribution Center (RDC) Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 13, 2017
Good company to work for even after they were bought out by Hagemeyer NA. They provided good benefits if you remained with the company after the buyout.
Workplace
Rental/Turnaround Manager (Former Employee) –  Nederland, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Vallen was a good environment to work in. Most of the people I worked with were very helpful. There is not much room for advancement though.
Fast Paced environment
Outbound Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Typical day would be getting to work to find out at least 3 people in your team have called in sick.Management more concern about numbers than people.
Cons
underpaid if you are not on salary
management sucked in this place
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Travelers Rest, SCJanuary 4, 2017
was material handler, forklift operator
management was horrible
no room for advancement
co workers were so so
hardest part of job was the management
not really enjoyable
Pros
Cons
management
So enjoyed this job!
Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEDecember 4, 2016
I am a morning person. This job started early. I performed cycle counts first thing in the morning. When CNH employee's arrived I waited the counter to charge out the supplies they needed. The rest of the day was shipping/receiving, stocking, waiting the counter.
I had wonderful co-workers. We worked well together, helped each other. I loved this job. I love working with people.
Pros
The work.
Loved working here
Shipping and Receiving Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILDecember 3, 2016
I loved working at Hagemeyer. The crew was great to work with. Would love to go back to hagemeyer but they closed the company
Global parent company
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 25, 2016
Typical work day is managing the production area and kit process area, customer service, inside sales and associate interaction.
Not much room for growth/long work hours
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHNovember 1, 2016
Expect you to work for weeks on end without a day off. No raises as if right now. Moral is very low. Can't keep new employees
Pros
There isn't any
Cons
Long work hours, no raises
Challenging
District Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 6, 2016
Responsible for overall profitability within the CA market. A great deal of responsibility for one person.
Difficulty balance between taking care of direct reports and an enormous and complex sales force.
productive work enviroment
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 28, 2016
deliver products to customers unload all incoming freight ensure inventory control was conducted. ensure all material delivered was on packing lists. very hot environment in summer and very cold in winter.
Company doesn't care about their employees
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Belmont, NCJuly 28, 2016
This company doesn't care about the well being of their employees and there is really no place to advance even when you perform and do your best.
Cons
Low pay, no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vallen. Our community is ready to answer.