Vallen Employee Reviews

Good people to work with
Counter Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 12, 2016
Supportive coworkers however compensation and management leaves something to be desired. Great place to learn the industry basics.
Good Company
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDApril 14, 2016
Good company to work for.

Learned how to work on various breathing and safety equipment such as SCBA's, fire extinguishers. etc
Good work environment
Area Operations Manager/ Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 4, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at Hagemeyer. The leadership provides direction, but autonomy as well. Compensation is acceptable.
Pros
Values initiative
Cons
Need infrastucture upgrade
Very much state of the art offices, fitness ctr, cafe for lunch and breakfast
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 26, 2016
I loved working for the company, had many friends there, long time working for one company but I just loved the people, they were like my 2nd family.. Only once did I have a Boss that I didn't care much for. Many opportunities to advance within the company.
Pros
Nice cafe
Cons
Good benefits
Hagemeyer was a fun and productive workplace
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 21, 2016
Because of the downward turn in the economy my position was eliminated. I have learned many skills over the years and meet hundreds of people will all types of backgrounds and skills. I am confident that I will find another company that will profit from my skill set. Just hope it does not take to long.
Pros
Fun meeting people and learning so many skills
Cons
Always new an end had to come
Great and supportive team members
Accounts Receivables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 10, 2016
Typical day I worked from 7:00 am - 4:00 pm and stayed very busy.
I learned a tremendous amount about accounting.
Management settled for nothing less than perfection.
Best co-workers I can remember working with.
Hardest part of the job was continually striving to meet my supervisors standards.
Felt like part of a work family.
Pros
Had United Way fund raisers with raffles for quality items
Cons
Wasn't five minutes from my home
Fun place to work and people very friendly
Customer Service Account (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Enjoyed working for HNA. co workers were great to work with. We had lunch and learns along with our lunch being provided. We worked hard. It was a pleasant place to go to every day that I worked there .
Your average large company - nothing special
Corporate Resource (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 31, 2016
Do not work for this company if you are looking for an exciting work environment, job security, high potential for advancement, or competitive compensation.
Pros
Great middle management
Cons
Important initiatives are not given the necessary funding/support - ie check out the company website
Hagemeyer NA was a good Company. I had numerous management positions in many locations, and particulary enjoyed the associates.
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2016
I have handled all phases of the Private Label program alone for the last 7+ years - Marketing, Purchasing, Pricing and Customer Service. Therefore, I have worked alone but have had the opportunity to communicate and support the entire USA sales team with the sale of these products. I take pride in the fact that I started this program, and have grown it into a very profitable business segment.
Service Tech II LSS (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 28, 2015
Great company to work for. Productive and good employees who help you out when needed. Willing to teach you and get you more certifications.
Enjoyed working there
Purchasing Manager - Stock (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 17, 2015
Fast paced but stress free... Many perks at the company that build company relationships like picnics and holiday luncheons.

You will gain a lot of experience here.
Very challenging job...felt I really accomplished work
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 16, 2015
Job was very challenging every day was different at end of day felt scene of accomplishment co workers were wonderful felt as part of family....new management came in changed everything very far from home
Pros
challenging work sense of accomplishment
Cons
too far from home travel was difficult
I was employed by Hagemeyer, but was on site @ Edelbrock
Customer Service Representative /Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 6, 2015
I was on site full time @ Edelbrock, not Hagemeyer, so I honestly can't review the company due to this. I had a good relationship w/my superiors & co-workers that i communicated w/@ Hagemeyer.
Pros
See above
Cons
See above
Although a good job,they leck in steady employeement
Tool Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LANovember 6, 2015
Great place to work when jobs are flowing, however when work on a project is done you want work for a long period of time. the management was okay but they don't take to learning a new way of making the process faster.
Productive workplace.
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2015
Great paying job for entry level safety watch employees. management is ok. the hardest part of the job in the climate. i enjoyed working around a lot of hardworkers and friendly peers. i learned to stay focused on the job at hand.
fun
Supply Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro NCOctober 7, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Good Company to work for.
On site Buyer (Former Employee) –  Fort Madison, IAOctober 2, 2015
Good Company to work for. Busy work days and no day is the same. Good benefits. Always room for improvement with communication.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Breaks and lunch often taken at desk while you work.
High paced and requires multi tasking.
On site Buyer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, IAOctober 2, 2015
This is a very high paced employer that requires constant multi tasking skills. Does offer good benefits. Communication with management could be better as they are not onsite with you.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Communication
No growth or encouragment for growth. Production down=write-up for you
Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2015
They don't encourage advancement at all. Management prefers to keep you where you are. First raise in 3 years was given a few months ago and very small. Decent benefits, but if production is down due to the economy- you'll get written up (even if work was never offered).
Fast paced environment
Tooling Coordinator / CSR (Current Employee) –  SpaceX - Hawthorne, CASeptember 17, 2015
I've acquired great work experience while onsite at SpaceX. I assist with multiple duties ranging from CSR work to Tooling coordinator to name a few.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vallen. Our community is ready to answer.