Valley Baptist Medical Center

Valley Baptist Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fast Paced/Lots of Work
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJanuary 21, 2017
Working at the hospital was good, however during the end of my year there more was required of me and less was put on other people. They also cut the time short to an impossible amount when cleaning rooms.
Pros
Cons
Bad pay for the work we do
Relaxed atmosphere with a sense of camaraderie amongst workers
Intern (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXDecember 16, 2016
My internship there helped me see what a typical workload is like for a biomedical technician. As much work as we had, the friendliness of the workers and relaxed atmosphere in the workshop helped me complete my work on time.
Productive place and good learning experience
Discharge Expediter (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 29, 2016
Love this place very family orientated place and always willing to lend a hand. Supervisors and Directors are always willing to work with your schedule no matter what.
great
Coder (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXAugust 9, 2016
I enjoy working here. The mangers are very involved in our HIM department. The co workers are eager to help to accomplish a common goal.
Very good learning experience.
Computer Aided Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXAugust 4, 2016
Best company I have ever worked for. Co workers were a group of fine folks. Everyday of work was a learning process working along doctors and nurses on their respected departments. The whole organization always treated you like family.
Pros
Healthcare benefits were super.
Cons
Nothing really wrong.
Very Homey
Psychiatric RN (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 15, 2016
Been here a long time. Very comfortable and confident of my job skills. Has made me a well rounded nurse from the cross training opportunities here. Great over time opportunities.
Loved it
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 26, 2016
I loved working at 4th south tower. I never did float to any floor. Interacting with different people was great. My coworkers were awesome. Benefits were good too.
Enjoyed every minuite
Assistant Director on Engineering (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 20, 2016
This was a wonderful opportunity for teaching skill. The associates there were willing to learn and full of questions. They adapted to the Lean Management Metrics
Pros
Wonderfil people
Cons
Lost contract
Ma
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TX 78520March 5, 2016
As a Medical Assistant I would manage to triage more than 30 patients a day, providing visit compliant, vital, treatments, injections, and venipuncture to collect blood for medical exams. I would assist the doctor by following all his orders. I have experience in belling and as receptionist.
Great place to work!
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Would love to work here but work was outsourced. Medical Records director was a wonderful person to work with! Never had a problem getting questions answered.
Profilling, verifying and dosage adjustments.
staff pharmacist/Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 10, 2016
Interprets, entering orders, antibiotics stewardship. Doing some renal dosing and making some TPNs. I worked together with all my technicians to get work done. I am a team player and the hardest time usually experience is downtime period. I enjoyed the cooperation of physicians especially on our formulary.
It was fun doing my internship in the Hospital.
Biomedical Intern (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXOctober 18, 2015
When I did my internship in Valley Baptist Medical Center it was the best. The workers are really friendly and willing to help one another.
Great Place to Grow
Financial Applications Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harlingen TXOctober 7, 2015
Fun place, fun people, awesome times there... Great Benefits,Great Culture, Management is understanding, Compensation is down to earth,
Management is a Disaster, HR not what it should be, Corporate is a disaster
Administration (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Worked here for over a year, was promised several opportunities to advance but when it came down to it was not offered the job because corporate had to close the positions. Company is not doing too good financially and has a lot of work that needs to be done within the community to build up its reputation and volume. Very aggravated with the company!
Pros
has some talented people working there
Cons
management not where it needs to be, HR nightmares, community relations problems
Enjoy supporting patients
Palliative Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  BrownsvilleSeptember 7, 2015
Busy for a small Hospital, I enjoy supporting patients and families, with the end of life issues.Not all palliative care is hospice care, but all hospice care is palliative care.
Pros
Employees are friendly
Cons
long drive
cashier
Lead Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  BrownsvilleAugust 23, 2015
Cashier, taking orders, cleaning surfaces, customer service, cash handling, cleaning tables, moping floors, cleaning restrooms
Valley Baptist Medical Center
Intern (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXAugust 7, 2015
A typical day would begin at 8 am and end at 4:30 pm. While at the job many different things are going on such as keeping track of productivity, scanning and indexing patient papers, and also doing what is being asked (analyzing charts or helping get all the work completed). The work environment is very quiet.
Productive and flexible
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJune 29, 2015
I had a great time working, typical day consisted of calling in companies for updates. My co-workers made it easy to understand the procedures and continue by doing follow ups.
Pros
A typical day flew by really fast
Cons
n/a
stressful, face paced, great co workers
RN/ PRN GI Lab and Full time Day Surgery (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJune 3, 2015
Stressful Monday though Friday job with day starting at 6am. Preoping patients for surgery and recovering patients in phase 2. Taking call for GI on weekends and working during the week when taking a low census day from Knapp Surgical Center. The hardest part of my job is working under stressful situations without sufficient staffing. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with great co-workers and doctors and Monday thru Friday. The hardest part of my job is working with difficult doctors
Pros
Monday thru Friday, day shift
Cons
no breaks, short staffing, difficult doctors
very productive and friendly place to work!
ER Technician/ floor CNA (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 2, 2015
Co workers were amazing and friendly. I felt comfortable asking questions and staff was excellent at teaching and providing answers. I do suggest to have a respectful attitude if you want to be respected. Also always be willing to help and you will have it in return.
Pros
opportunities to accelerate, good health benefits, work with school schedual. supervisors were always willing to help with any issues.
Cons
depends on dept. can have a heavy work load. pt to cna ratio can be very overwhelming.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Baptist Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3