Valley Baptist Medical Center Employee Reviews

negative because of Director of PA
Patient Access Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMay 7, 2017
I love what I but i work with a director that micro manages all you and i feel as if my skills are not being put to use. I like change change is good. He seems like a total manipulator
Pros
fast pace, something new all the time challenging
Cons
the director total micromanager
Not Very Good Place
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TX 78550April 29, 2017
The work environment is very stressful. Have a lot of lazy techs that get away with it. Doctors be- little staff and management allows it.
Never consistent. Spouse was a patient . Dirty rooms. House keeping is terrible. RUN!!!!
Some staff are getting 38 hours for the entire pay period. Staff has to use PTO to pay themselves and make up the 80 hours. Getting a day off takes an act of congress for some staff. There is no communication or team work.
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
to many to list
Overall a great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 26, 2017
Inspirational overall mission of the hospital. Chaplain staff available 24/7.
Staff to patient ration needs improvement, however, managers tend to lend a hand when needed.
Current position is unstable concerning hours. One day at work will include 15 hours of work, while others 2-3 hours, or frequently put on low census.
good and safe environment
Medical assistant (externship)- (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXApril 17, 2017
Friendly hospital employees always willing to help. Good coworkers, easy to get along with. Safe and great environment. Very friendly staff, very outgoing.
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
had to work night shift
Fast Paced/Lots of Work
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJanuary 21, 2017
Working at the hospital was good, however during the end of my year there more was required of me and less was put on other people. They also cut the time short to an impossible amount when cleaning rooms.
Pros
Cons
Bad pay for the work we do
Fast Paced & fun
Phlebotomist, Night Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Management was very knowledgeable. I enjoyed helping all patients. I loved to work with the small children. I learned a lot with my superiors.
Relaxed atmosphere with a sense of camaraderie amongst workers
Intern (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXDecember 16, 2016
My internship there helped me see what a typical workload is like for a biomedical technician. As much work as we had, the friendliness of the workers and relaxed atmosphere in the workshop helped me complete my work on time.
Productive place and good learning experience
Discharge Expediter (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 29, 2016
Love this place very family orientated place and always willing to lend a hand. Supervisors and Directors are always willing to work with your schedule no matter what.
great
Coder (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXAugust 9, 2016
I enjoy working here. The mangers are very involved in our HIM department. The co workers are eager to help to accomplish a common goal.
Very good learning experience.
Computer Aided Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXAugust 4, 2016
Best company I have ever worked for. Co workers were a group of fine folks. Everyday of work was a learning process working along doctors and nurses on their respected departments. The whole organization always treated you like family.
Pros
Healthcare benefits were super.
Cons
Nothing really wrong.
Very Homey
Psychiatric RN (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 15, 2016
Been here a long time. Very comfortable and confident of my job skills. Has made me a well rounded nurse from the cross training opportunities here. Great over time opportunities.
Loved it
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 26, 2016
I loved working at 4th south tower. I never did float to any floor. Interacting with different people was great. My coworkers were awesome. Benefits were good too.
Enjoyed every minuite
Assistant Director on Engineering (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 20, 2016
This was a wonderful opportunity for teaching skill. The associates there were willing to learn and full of questions. They adapted to the Lean Management Metrics
Pros
Wonderfil people
Cons
Lost contract
Ma
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TX 78520March 5, 2016
As a Medical Assistant I would manage to triage more than 30 patients a day, providing visit compliant, vital, treatments, injections, and venipuncture to collect blood for medical exams. I would assist the doctor by following all his orders. I have experience in belling and as receptionist.
Great place to work!
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Would love to work here but work was outsourced. Medical Records director was a wonderful person to work with! Never had a problem getting questions answered.
Profilling, verifying and dosage adjustments.
staff pharmacist/Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 10, 2016
Interprets, entering orders, antibiotics stewardship. Doing some renal dosing and making some TPNs. I worked together with all my technicians to get work done. I am a team player and the hardest time usually experience is downtime period. I enjoyed the cooperation of physicians especially on our formulary.
It was fun doing my internship in the Hospital.
Biomedical Intern (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXOctober 18, 2015
When I did my internship in Valley Baptist Medical Center it was the best. The workers are really friendly and willing to help one another.
Great Place to Grow
Financial Applications Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harlingen TXOctober 7, 2015
Fun place, fun people, awesome times there... Great Benefits,Great Culture, Management is understanding, Compensation is down to earth,
Management is a Disaster, HR not what it should be, Corporate is a disaster
Administration (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Worked here for over a year, was promised several opportunities to advance but when it came down to it was not offered the job because corporate had to close the positions. Company is not doing too good financially and has a lot of work that needs to be done within the community to build up its reputation and volume. Very aggravated with the company!
Pros
has some talented people working there
Cons
management not where it needs to be, HR nightmares, community relations problems
Enjoy supporting patients
Palliative Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  BrownsvilleSeptember 7, 2015
Busy for a small Hospital, I enjoy supporting patients and families, with the end of life issues.Not all palliative care is hospice care, but all hospice care is palliative care.
Pros
Employees are friendly
Cons
long drive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Baptist Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2