Valley Behavioral Health Employee Reviews in United States

Valley Behavioral Health is not competitve with salaries, benefits, raises, training or comfortable work environment.
PRIMARY THERAPIST, OUTPATIENT UNIT (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTFebruary 17, 2016
Valley Behavioral Health have not provided any raises to their employees since 2008. Benefit packages vary but PTO and Vacation benefits are impressive where Medical Health Insurance have high deductible with large out of pocket premiums. Productivity standards are difficult to reach, but can be accomplished by engaging clients. Little to no room for advancement due to absorbing of middle level management positions. This is a great place to learn for a new clinician but no long term room for growth, or even cost of living raises.
Pros
Excellent learning environment, good clientele.
Cons
No raises, poor benefit package, no room for advancement, high productivity standards, poor work environment, will not provide paid training or time off for confrences.
Amazing ways to help others and build up the community.
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Barling, ARMarch 28, 2016
Valley behavioral is an extremely busy acute care facility for ages 6 and up. The 18 bed adolescent acute unit is nearly always full. There are also child, subacute girls and boys, adult and geriatric units. Patients receive medical care, medicine, therapy and case management. The environment can be stressful, especially when the staff to patient ratio is high. However, it is extremely rewarding to help people lead more successful & productive lives. Communication among staff has been improving, as has been the turnover rate.
Pros
Flex time, awesome director of social services, excellent benefits
Cons
Rarely time for lunch or breaks
Highly abusive, extremely disorganized, survivalistic environment.
Behavioral Health Tech/Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Barling, AROctober 10, 2015
After working here for several years I became a statistic of the sporadic attrition of co-workers to serve the needs of the same long term management structure as Vista transitioned to Valley. Hundreds of persons have been unfairly dismissed as a product of the random unbalanced work milieu and clinically dramatic co-workers, both during multiple ownership transitions and chronic unnecessary layoff sprees. There is no value in the quality of care with which you administer, only unpredictable favoritism from mercurial management coup d'├ętats. After servicing thousands and working with hundreds of co-workers, my service was terminated along with nearly approximately 50% over the course of the transition in ownership from Vista Health Services to Valley Behavioral Health. If you are in the clique, you may present any behavior that would normally require your employment termination without consequence (i.e. sleeping on the job, fighting and assault, drug and alcohol use). Occupational narcissism is rampant, where depending on the time and mood, you may be told that you don't matter, have no qualifications, may lose your license or can not participate in basic and clearly necessary routine patient and staff interactions.
Pros
Rich psychiatric environment from which to garner career experience.
Cons
You will last an average of about a year, until the next attrition.
Great coworkers, fast pace, help others.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Barling, ARNovember 30, 2015
Get to work with under privileged kids, and teenagers and to make a difference. Doesn't pay what it should, higher ups take advantage of RN's, CNA's and Tech's.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, great coworkers
Cons
Short if any break, Understaff, underpaid, no room for advancement
Valley Behavioral Health
Program Manager/Team Lead SRS services (Former Employee) –  2472 South 300 East, Salt Lake CitySeptember 10, 2015
Valley provide a great deal of education, and worked very hard to support clients in the community to encourage self improvement, mental health wellness, and stability. Services were provided to many that did not have the resources to obtain the care that they need, and many program are offered ranging from childhood mental illness and autism, to the geriatric population residing in nursing homes with co morbidities.

The biggest struggle with Valley was the pay scale. They once invested into the Utah State Retirement Systems which could be $7-10 dollars more an hour, that you could count on once you retire. This was discontinued on July 1, and has impacted staff greatly.

I loved my job at Valley, and my supervisor. But I couldn't justify the low pay any longer, as a program manager, and with the loss of the retirement which I was already vested in for 10 years.
Pros
Education, focus on healing and helping, opportunity for some advancement
Cons
Pay, Wages for Program Managers well under the industry standard, loss of retirement
Focused on clients well-being
Forensic Unit Tracker (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 22, 2015
Valley Behavioral Health is a great place to work as we are focused on ensuring the well-being of our clients and assisting them through their treatment.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No Compensation/Benefits
unpressured and fullfilling
Therapist, LCSW (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 6, 2015
A typical day at work I will teach an educational group at one of the senior centers or senior low income housing units. I will then have one or two therapy appointments either at the office or in the home of the aged individual, or in a small room at a senior center. I can either return to the office to make my note in the computer system or write it at home on my own computer.

The people are very kind and helpful where I work.
Pros
very little stress or demands from the leadership
Cons
detailed recording of activities and monthly reports
Case Manager
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Utah County, UTApril 11, 2016
The job culture is good, that management doesn't want to train and help improve the company. Assisted clients who came in needing assistance
This Job Sucked
Receptionist/Records Clerk/Business Office Rep (Former Employee) –  Barling, ARAugust 13, 2015
The only good thing about this job were my co-workers. Most of management was incompentent. Nepitisim is rampent here and goes unchecked.
Biller/Collector (Current Employee) –  Barling, ArkansasSeptember 13, 2015
Positive work environment with encouraging co-workers. This hospital is growing and providing better services to this community.
Great overall work environment and staff
Therapist/Intern (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 12, 2015
Working at Valley Behavioral Health as a student intern has been a great experience working with children and families. I have learned a great deal about therapy techniques through managing my own case load as well as shadowing other's case loads. Co-workers have been great by allowing an open policy for asking questions and asking for additional help, as well as incorporating me into social gatherings. I was able to learn about how to run groups for Oppositional children's parents as well as for Dialectic Behavioral Therapy including both support groups as well as educational groups. I especially enjoy conducting individual and family therapy, and have interest specifically in attachment and trauma.
An extremely micro managed environment.
Day Shift Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2015
Micromanaged, employees are not given much support. Valley Hospital is run more like a Business than a Hospital, Patient care is poor, but revenue is good. The military unit was the best thing going for them, but they have even compromised that unit.
Pros
Good money
Cons
as stated above
Friendly staff members
Outpatient Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  Barling, ARJune 20, 2015
Company has allowed me to personally grow. Staff members are friendly and truly have a passion for the services they provide.
A fun based ground breaking company that allows the infusion of a collegiate campus into a business oriented workplace.
Atlanta, Ga Peer Educator and Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Valley, GAJuly 7, 2014
Valley Behavioral Health Services provided students and otherwise, the outlets that some may not have gotten from other places. We had hard days where the stories from our regulars may seem dire but with constant motivation from peers and supervisors, we were usually able to go through our days with joy and laughter. The hardest part of the job was realizing that not all who walk through our doors will find answers, but we did all we could to make sure that we helped where we could.
Supervisor
Administrative Assistant-Temporary, Part Time (Former Employee) –  Barling, ARMay 5, 2014
I enjoyed working here, I wanted full time employment and that was the only thing I was unhappy with, was no advancement. But Holly the Administrator is amazing.
A great place where people receive the help they need to survive emotionally
SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 13, 2015
Great place to work and advance in responsibilities. The staff is fun and keeps you on your toes since some days can be rather difficult to deal with as far as the clients and their issues.
Great
IOP and PHP Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 29, 2014
Great place to work. Very supportive and friendly. Lots of resources at your disposal.
fun learning experience
Trainer/ Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Fort Valley, GAApril 14, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Valley Behavioral Health Services. It gave me great joy to help and assist others in their health needs and to also further educate myself as well.
Pros
always something new
Cons
learning opportunity in fun environment