Valley Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

This was not a good experience for me.
LPC (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 8, 2017
I admit that this may have been a bad experience because it is not the kind of environment I can adapt well to. I had to experience it to realize it and I am glad for the experience but would never apply for this type of job again. It seems chaotic and unorganized.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No structure
Horrible
Worker (Former Employee) –  Barling, ARMarch 19, 2017
Leadership is awful. Not a safe place. No proper training. No employee morale. I can not think of one good thing to say because they do not even care about the patients very u safe place for patients as well.
another day in the office
confidential (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTMarch 15, 2017
valley can be a great place to work, but sometimes leadership can be non-understanding that one may actually have a life outside of work, making work and life difficult to balance.
Pros
great staff
Cons
leadership is rigid
Place to grow
Case Manager/ Behavior Aide (Current Employee) –  Tooele, UTFebruary 28, 2017
Valley has been a place of growth for me. I have had a lot of opportunities to try new things and job shadow many different positions in the company. I also planned and carried out activities for adolescence each day and picked them up from school. This job also included documenting and protecting personal health information.
Good company for anyone getting started in the mental health field.
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Barling, ARFebruary 20, 2017
I liked how I got the opportunity to work with a variety of populations including adults, children, adolescents, and geriatric patients. I did not like being on call most of the time though.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Short breaks
Internship only
Intern, Regulatory Oversight (Former Employee) –  Holladay, UTNovember 21, 2016
I was an intern here for 5 weeks as part of my course work for medical billing and coding. The environment was great, very relaxed. Very nice supervisors who were great and working with you and teaching you what you needed to know.
Pros
friendly
A real review by clinical staff
LPN (Former Employee) –  Barling arkansasJuly 18, 2016
Upper management is horrible and show no concern for nurses or other clinical staff. As a former nurse here I have lost count how many times there were extremely unsafe staffing ratios even though employees were being sent home. We never had the supplies we needed. Pay is severely under what is should be. There is no room for advancement and no ladder to climb. Lots of drama and you walk on egg shells. Managers talk about you behind your back to patients.
If you want to work with good nurses and good techs. This is the place. Great coworkers. If you want adequate staffing, good pay, no drama, to be appreciated, and room for advancement. Stay away.
Pros
Coworkers, work experience, good doctors.
Cons
Management, no supplies, drama, underpaid, understaffed
It was a very well devised job
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 4, 2016
Was a very well devised job for what Valley needed for people that
have worked in that area to work again in and get more work experience in
Pros
Able to set iwn hours and days do work
Cons
was at times hard to get ahold of supperviser
Case Manager
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Utah County, UTApril 11, 2016
The job culture is good, that management doesn't want to train and help improve the company. Assisted clients who came in needing assistance
Amazing ways to help others and build up the community.
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Barling, ARMarch 28, 2016
Valley behavioral is an extremely busy acute care facility for ages 6 and up. The 18 bed adolescent acute unit is nearly always full. There are also child, subacute girls and boys, adult and geriatric units. Patients receive medical care, medicine, therapy and case management. The environment can be stressful, especially when the staff to patient ratio is high. However, it is extremely rewarding to help people lead more successful & productive lives. Communication among staff has been improving, as has been the turnover rate.
Pros
Flex time, awesome director of social services, excellent benefits
Cons
Rarely time for lunch or breaks
Valley Behavioral Health is not competitve with salaries, benefits, raises, training or comfortable work environment.
PRIMARY THERAPIST, OUTPATIENT UNIT (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTFebruary 17, 2016
Valley Behavioral Health have not provided any raises to their employees since 2008. Benefit packages vary but PTO and Vacation benefits are impressive where Medical Health Insurance have high deductible with large out of pocket premiums. Productivity standards are difficult to reach, but can be accomplished by engaging clients. Little to no room for advancement due to absorbing of middle level management positions. This is a great place to learn for a new clinician but no long term room for growth, or even cost of living raises.
Pros
Excellent learning environment, good clientele.
Cons
No raises, poor benefit package, no room for advancement, high productivity standards, poor work environment, will not provide paid training or time off for confrences.
Focused on clients well-being
Forensic Unit Tracker (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 22, 2015
Valley Behavioral Health is a great place to work as we are focused on ensuring the well-being of our clients and assisting them through their treatment.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No Compensation/Benefits
unpressured and fullfilling
Therapist, LCSW (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 6, 2015
A typical day at work I will teach an educational group at one of the senior centers or senior low income housing units. I will then have one or two therapy appointments either at the office or in the home of the aged individual, or in a small room at a senior center. I can either return to the office to make my note in the computer system or write it at home on my own computer.

The people are very kind and helpful where I work.
Pros
very little stress or demands from the leadership
Cons
detailed recording of activities and monthly reports
Great coworkers, fast pace, help others.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Barling, ARNovember 30, 2015
Get to work with under privileged kids, and teenagers and to make a difference. Doesn't pay what it should, higher ups take advantage of RN's, CNA's and Tech's.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, great coworkers
Cons
Short if any break, Understaff, underpaid, no room for advancement
Highly abusive, extremely disorganized, survivalistic environment.
Behavioral Health Tech/Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Barling, AROctober 10, 2015
After working here for several years I became a statistic of the sporadic attrition of co-workers to serve the needs of the same long term management structure as Vista transitioned to Valley. Hundreds of persons have been unfairly dismissed as a product of the random unbalanced work milieu and clinically dramatic co-workers, both during multiple ownership transitions and chronic unnecessary layoff sprees. There is no value in the quality of care with which you administer, only unpredictable favoritism from mercurial management coup d'├ętats. After servicing thousands and working with hundreds of co-workers, my service was terminated along with nearly approximately 50% over the course of the transition in ownership from Vista Health Services to Valley Behavioral Health. If you are in the clique, you may present any behavior that would normally require your employment termination without consequence (i.e. sleeping on the job, fighting and assault, drug and alcohol use). Occupational narcissism is rampant, where depending on the time and mood, you may be told that you don't matter, have no qualifications, may lose your license or can not participate in basic and clearly necessary routine patient and staff interactions.
Pros
Rich psychiatric environment from which to garner career experience.
Cons
You will last an average of about a year, until the next attrition.
Biller/Collector (Current Employee) –  Barling, ArkansasSeptember 13, 2015
Positive work environment with encouraging co-workers. This hospital is growing and providing better services to this community.
Valley Behavioral Health
Program Manager/Team Lead SRS services (Former Employee) –  2472 South 300 East, Salt Lake CitySeptember 10, 2015
Valley provide a great deal of education, and worked very hard to support clients in the community to encourage self improvement, mental health wellness, and stability. Services were provided to many that did not have the resources to obtain the care that they need, and many program are offered ranging from childhood mental illness and autism, to the geriatric population residing in nursing homes with co morbidities.

The biggest struggle with Valley was the pay scale. They once invested into the Utah State Retirement Systems which could be $7-10 dollars more an hour, that you could count on once you retire. This was discontinued on July 1, and has impacted staff greatly.

I loved my job at Valley, and my supervisor. But I couldn't justify the low pay any longer, as a program manager, and with the loss of the retirement which I was already vested in for 10 years.
Pros
Education, focus on healing and helping, opportunity for some advancement
Cons
Pay, Wages for Program Managers well under the industry standard, loss of retirement
This Job Sucked
Receptionist/Records Clerk/Business Office Rep (Former Employee) –  Barling, ARAugust 13, 2015
The only good thing about this job were my co-workers. Most of management was incompentent. Nepitisim is rampent here and goes unchecked.
Friendly staff members
Outpatient Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  Barling, ARJune 20, 2015
Company has allowed me to personally grow. Staff members are friendly and truly have a passion for the services they provide.
An extremely micro managed environment.
Day Shift Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2015
Micromanaged, employees are not given much support. Valley Hospital is run more like a Business than a Hospital, Patient care is poor, but revenue is good. The military unit was the best thing going for them, but they have even compromised that unit.
Pros
Good money
Cons
as stated above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8