Valley Children's Healthcare Employee Reviews

Worst place worst care
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  9300 Valley Childrens Pl. Madera CaJuly 1, 2017
If you have a family don't work here. They will own you. You will be called into work on you're days off or in the midel of the night and if you can't they will threaten and try and intimidate you to come in. I was let go because of medical problems and denied FMLA, LOA.
Pros
Pay/benefits
Nice
Laboratory Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Madera, CAJune 15, 2017
Nice place to work. Very friendly. Working with children on a daily basis just brings me the satisfaction of knowing that I am helping save and take care of out valleys most precious angels.
Not a good place to be a Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAMay 12, 2017
While the pay is very good, there is no system in place for advancement. All supervisors are generally hired from outside the organization and internal promotions are extremely rare.

Independent thought and critical thinking are discouraged and all decisions are made by management. There is a culture of division between manager and subordinates. Employee suggestions are generally unwelcome unless they come from a supervisor or above.

There is a great deal of backstabbing that goes on in the Security department at the hospital.
Pros
Good pay, decent benefits for full time employees
Cons
Little to no opportunity to advance, insufficient training and equipment, constant personel shortages, aloof management, hospital staff typically look down on security as inferior.
Excellent culture of care
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAApril 4, 2017
Valley Children's Hospital is a great place to work. It is a smaller company so there is a lot of face to face meeting with management. There care a lot about family and education.
Productive & Fun workplace
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAMarch 27, 2017
Full time opportunities. Good starting pay with raises. The workplace culture is phenomenal. Management is firm but very fair. Enjoyable job around positive people & positive kids.
Pros
Discounted lunches, Good pay, Benifits
Incredible people, incredible care
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJanuary 23, 2017
It was very heart warming to provide care to ALL CHILDREN, whether they had the ability to pay or not. The staff works with an incredible feeling of teamwork.
Great place to work for as well as to bring your own children
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJanuary 9, 2017
If you love working with children you will love the diversity and great experience. Always ways to advance as well as try something new.
Highly skilled nurses and therapists meeting the needs of critically ill children
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Madera, CADecember 15, 2016
I love working at Valley Children's Hospital. I work with excellent dedicated people who strive to give the best care possible. The commitment and professionalism of my coworkers helps me stay focused and grounded. Yes, there is sadness when children die but there is also happiness when miracles happen. And yes, miracles do happen. I am a witness to these miracles.
Lots of work with little appreciation.
Hospital Help (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJuly 27, 2016
Beware of snakes in each and every department. Once you have a target on your target good luck getting rid of it. Management is horrible in some departments. Not to mention that HR department that leaks out personal information. The area I worked in very petty behavior both by workers and management. Overall, some employees are fantastic others stay away from.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
HORRIBLE Management and horrible "professional" behavior
Relaxed atmosphere
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madera, CAMay 26, 2016
Relaxed with a quiet environment in which to work. The work culture is progressing in the way documentation is handled; steadily moving to 100% electronic documentation. Management in my area is excellent! My co-workers are all professional and have significant experience and training in their respective disciplines. Hardest part of my job is hearing of the hard truths of pediatric healthcare. The most enjoyable part of my job is using data to help others understand where PI efforts are best placed.
Pros
competitive compensation. professional environment.
Cons
limited overtime available in my area.
I enoy the children and the staff
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Madera, CAFebruary 19, 2016
I enjoy my work. It is fun. The Department management is improving,but not so great in past. Advancement is currently poor. Pay is fair. Although nurses get raises more often than RCP's
Great Place!
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Madera, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Has taught me everything about customer service and being a professional individual at all times even during stressful times
Pros
experience
Cons
I love working with families.
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAOctober 17, 2015
I loved working a Children's Hospital of Central California, now know as Valley Children's Hospital. But there isn't alot of diversity at all. The staff isn't treated very well. There is really no room for advancement unless you know someone in the hiring process. I loved my job, but the management wasn't very fair. Favoritism was shown to some staff.
Saving Childrens Lives
Pharmacy Buyer (Former Employee) –  Madera, CASeptember 24, 2015
Ensuring medication was ordered and received for all the patients. Follow-up on backorders and hard to get medication. Learned to be patience and what is considered a high priority. Management was fair and had awesome co-workers. The hardest part of working in a Children's Hospital is hearing about the loss of a child and the most enjoyable part of working in a Children's Hospital is when their is a life that was saved.
Pros
Being a part of saving the life of a child.
Cons
Not having my pharmacy technican license
Fast paced environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Madera CAAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at work starts with 4:1 work load. Assessments, medication administration, daily care, meals, therapies, doctor phone calls, making sure patients are taken to and from additional exams.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay
Valley Children Hospital
Ambulatory Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Madera,CaliforniaJune 17, 2015
Its a great place to work and care for infants, children and adolescents. Children Hospital is amazing place to be in Madera, Caifornia
I really like working in the medical field and would like to stay in the medical field, but would also work for a business.
Volunteer Clerk for Urology (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAApril 1, 2015
I would go into work every day I was scheduled and do just about the same routine job. I was very quiet at night and got to get a lot extra done, even cleaning. Also able to check on a few things and be able to make a list to give to the supervisor to let her know we needed certain products.
Pros
Working as a team
Cons
Working at night, but I got use to it. At night it was slow, kids slept.
great place to work
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Fresno,CaMarch 17, 2015
Great Management, great employees, doing government billing for patient accounting, love my job. Great relationship with my co-workers and management.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madera, CAMarch 15, 2015
Way better than CMC. VCH is an awesome place to work, and the corporation actually cares about their employees. Decent benefits, great people. Excellent doctors nurses and staff.
Great children's hospital
CHARTMAXX REPRESENTATIVE - Medical Record System (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Great place to work. Management could of used some work. A bit top heavy. Always on edge about our jobs. Great for children care!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Children's Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Valley Children's Healthcare Reviews by Location