Valley Forge Casino Resort Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Inconsistent management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 12, 2017
My experience working for Valley Forge Casino Resort was not ideal. I found the management to be inconsistent and petty. Favoritism was rampant, and hard work was not rewarded. Found many of my co-workers to be very shallow. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
walk a lot
Cons
management
Avoid if you can
Marketing (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 4, 2017
Its not a bad place to start but there is not much room for advancement. The pay is bad as well as the hours. Upper management would rather point fingers than trying to solve an issues. Staying with this casino for more than 6 months is pretty rare because you get burnt out pretty fast.
Pros
The people you work with are great
Cons
pay, benefits, hours, work-life balance, management
Very professional but extrmely strict
Marketing Operation Rep. (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 14, 2017
Very good place to work, but customers are extremely rude and pay is not enough to live on. Great co-workers and team environment takes care of their employees. EXTREMELY STRICT.
Great communication and teamwork
Slot Technician (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 3, 2017
A typical workday starts with me checking my emails and talking to the previous shift to learn about any ongoing problems with the games. I then check the floor myself for any problems. After that I take on any projects left for me such getting a slot bank ready for new installs and moves. Sometimes there isn't too much going on so it is important to be self-starting. Preventative maintenance is an ongoing project that you can always revisit. If we get a shipment of chair cushions I gather the worst of them and replace them.

Management for my department is great and we have great communication and work productively.

The hardest part of the job is encountering a new problem that no one has encountered yet. Other than helping resolve customer game malfunctions I like being able to solve a new problem. It gives me more experience and allows me to better help the team if we encounter the problem again.
Pros
Great communication, great working environment.
No advancement
Employee (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 28, 2017
There are only a certain amount of departments that make money to make a living on. Some of the management are easy to work with while others have no idea what they are doing.
Improve Skills
Director of Restaurants & Nightlife (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 2, 2017
This was a great opportunity to be involved with multiple venues being opened at once. I worked with the VP of F&B to create menus, training programs, staffing, service standards, and financials.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Short term employment
Warm, friendly atmosphere in a boutique style casino hotel.
VIP Hospitality Host (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 15, 2017
My day is spent caring for and assisting casino players be it in person, on the phone, text or email. As in any hospitality environment , showing people that you care and have an understanding of what it is that motivates them makes my job interesting every day. It's important that all the various departments support each other to ensure that our guests are made to feel at home. The property is not a big flashy mega-casino, so we have to do more with less. Placing an emphasis on warmth and developing relationships is what makes us successful. We have a very diverse group of employees so that there is always something to learn from each other.
The hardest part of the job for me is the slow periods, I need interaction with guests and other team members to feel challenged and useful.
What I enjoy most is seeing people win a jackpot, for some people that can be $100 for others several thousand, but it is always exciting to see the look on their faces when they are having a great time and winning too. It makes me feel good every time someone says "thank you".
Pros
Smaller property, more personal recognition, very diverse team members, closer connections with Executives, much less difficult to affect change then in a large corporate atmosphere.
Cons
Smaller property, limited budget for events and entertainment, lesser opportunity to advance beyond middle management position, less benefits than a large corporate property
Its a very fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 29, 2017
You get to meet lots of people and its a great place and easy place i enjoyed working there madr lots of friends and the money is good
My Customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 8, 2016
The best part of the job is seeing familiar faces. I have a great bond with the people I see often. Every now and again, customers try to give gifts for my kind words and actions I show towards them.
Pros
Family like environment
Cons
10% discount on lunch
this place is a joke! Points system and low pay
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 23, 2016
you get points for each time you are late and get fired after 10 points. benefits isnt available for part time workers and you cant call on holidays else you will get points. employees are great but management sucks. They will overwork you and expect you to over work and you get paid peanuts
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
poor management and point system and low pay
Great starting out job
Wedding Coordinator- Sales Department (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 11, 2016
Pros:
Great co workers
Learned SO MUCH about weddings/mitzvahs, casino, hotel

Cons:
LONG hours with little pay (9 hr days at least/ nights/ weekends)
Mandatory working monthly casino events (with NO compensation)
No where to go
Dual Rate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 27, 2016
Fun place to work for a while or as a part time job. After 6 years in the casino business I find that there is no where to go. The promotions offered are small and if the industry becomes deregulated you are out of a job.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Social Life, Money, Days Off, and Gamblers
Professional Management Team
Fine Dining General Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 11, 2016
A great organization with a focus on their employees personal development and happiness in the work place.
A very good management experience dealing with multiple department from hotel to gambling.
The company has a constant focus on quality and strategy to drive revenue
Pros
Feeling of job security
Cons
The casino never close, no downtime
Ever-changing environment
Hospitality Marketing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 14, 2016
- typical casino culture
- work long, busy hours, weekends, nights, holidays
- unrewarding work
- irate customers
- stressful environment

- unsympathetic upper management
- unrealistic work expectations
- understaffed, works employees too hard

- decent pay
- advancement opportunity due to high turnover
- decent amount of vacation hours
- decent health benefits
Pros
paid breaks, employee lunches by payroll deduction
Cons
no 401k, no continuing education financial assistance
Great for P/T or students
Hospitality Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 29, 2015
No work/life balance, players services has a high turnover so you are constantly working with new people, high stress due to being in a casino and the first point of contact for anyone with complaints. Pay was 12/hr so well above min. wage which was probably the best part of the job. Must work nights/weekends and absences work on a point system- double points if you call out on a weekend. No sick days.
Pros
pay rate
Cons
no sick days, point system for absences, high turn over, high stress, no work/life balance
Production oriented , there is a cafeteria for employees with hot food served for all shifts
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  1160 First Ave King of Prussia, Pa 19406November 9, 2015
The best part of my job is working with my co-workers. This is a large Casino Resort with 2 hotels,7 restaurants, ballrooms and a convention center. he call center takes calls for all venues so there is plenty of variety in the calls you take for each venue.
Pros
Cafeteria with Hot food
Cons
This is a Casino Resort there are no Holidays off.
N/a
Food Runner/Cashier (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 21, 2015
They make you work twelve hours shift without your approval work without a break sometimes and make you work for a long time without a break.
Productive workplace
busperson/ cashier (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 15, 2015
I love how family oriented this job is, good benefits, everyone is hardworking and helpful, stays open 24 hours which is good, they are always very helpful they try to work with you and give you flexible hours
Pros
family oriented
Cons
bad schedules
Very Positive Experience
Table Games Dealer (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 5, 2015
This was my second casino gig, and it was really a great place to work. Everyone was very supportive and approachable, and the team of dealers were both competent and friendly. Tips were good, and scheduling was flexible. The food provided wasn't great, but it was cheap, so that's a small complaint.
Pros
Great management, dealing team
Cons
food was meh.
Productive work environment, learned a lot
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 26, 2015
-Great learning experience of food & beverage industry creatively and business wise
-Productive work environment for employees who take initiative
-Allows for cooks to work in other restaurants throughout casino
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
minimal pay and poor higher management