Valley Forge Casino Resort

Valley Forge Casino Resort Employer Reviews

Happy, energetic work place
Entertainment and Social Media Manager (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PASeptember 16, 2014
Typical day involves communicating with my team and checking emails, putting events together, reviewing ticket sales and analyzing marketing strategies. I've learned to multitask and prioritize from most important to least rather than focus on timely events. My coworkers are great, we all work as a union and always support one another. The hardest part – more... of the job is the late nights and having little to no support when it comes to staffing events. – less
Great learning experience with no more growth
Marketing Manager (Hotel, Food & Beverage) (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAAugust 7, 2014
VFCR has been a great place to work while learning every aspect of the hotel industry. Turnover is always high in a hotel sales department and it is no different here. I am at a great point in my career and there will be no more growth opportunity within my department for the foreseeable future.
this place i really hated working for
Hotel Room Attendant (Former Employee), Valley Forge, PAJuly 18, 2014
Cons: management sucks, supervisors sucks
I really hated working at this place the management sucks and supervisors don't know how to talk to people
Great work environment
Revenue Auditor (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: safe work place, excellent management
Cons: no cons
Audit casino revenue, learning how the casino business works, excellent management staff, my co-worker are great, the hardest part of my day is when the audit been rush and there to many mistake, the acknowledgement from your boss or co-worker telling you how good of worker you are and that you do a great job.
Boring and less chances of advancement.
Revenue Audit Clerk (Former Employee), Valley Forge Casino ResortJuly 9, 2014
Pros: 2 dollar buffet lunch, office environment, cubicle, personal phone, 4 days 40 hours shift, early morning start.
Cons: no learning and advancement opportunity for an accounting graduate, experience doesn't count for cpa, less pay, distance, toll fee.
I worked there from May 2014 to July 2014. I was looking for some experiences in accounting and audit as I recently got my Bachelor in Accounting.

We had a small audit department and all of my colleagues were friendly and very supportive. But after working two months I found that there were little opportunity to learn and advancement. The work we used – more... to do had little application of accounting principals. It was just day to day compliance job to make sure that the the daily revenue figure is free from error. I applied for this job at the beginning because the job requirement had said "A bachelor degree in accounting is a must". But later I found out that none of my colleague had a bachelor. All of them had previous experience of working as a cashier. Even my new supervisor was just a high school graduate and her only qualification was she worked as a Casino Cashier for 3/4 years.

At that time I decided to leave. On top of that it was costing me a lot of time and money to travel to valley forge paying 15 dollar in gas and 8 dollar in toll everyday. 12 dollar an hour was not enough to pay for these expenses and there was no overtime opportunity.

So, I resigned after working two months and how I benefited the future applicants for this post in Valley Forge? They removed the "Bachelor Degree in Accounting is a must" from their job advertise to full fill my vacant position. – less
interesting
Host (Former Employee), King of Prussia PaApril 22, 2014
Not flexible, hours were not flexible. it was difficult to change my schedule around in accordance to school.
fun place to work
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAApril 6, 2014
Great place to work...great atmosphere and fun people. Very live depending on the time you work. It gets really slow about 4 a.m. but if your working with the right people you wouldn't even notice.
Fun people to work with.
Security Officer (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: got to understand the casino business
Cons: pay isn't enough.
Co-workers are fun people to work with. Everyone gets along with each other. Customers are interesting everyday.
Poor Upper Management
Hotel Staff (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMarch 6, 2014
Cons: no raises, no room for advancement, mandatory 10 hour shifts
Hands down, the worst hotel I have ever worked in. This property is very poorly managed. The only "management" that actually seems to care are the supervisors.

This will make me sound disgruntled, but in all honesty, I am not. These are my observations while working at this property.

- Management acts as if they care about their employees, they do – more... not.
- Director of Operations keeps a detailed folder of every misstep made by every hotel employee and does not hesitate to show your wrong doings.
- Management will lie (blatantly) to cover a poor decision they have made and thus shifting the blame to a lower employee.
- Witnessed the CEO scream at the Managing Director and Director of Hotel Operations. He both told them they are the most disliked managers in the entire company.

If you apply here, I wish you the best of luck. – less
Great people to work with, ok management
Banquet Bartender/Server/Houseman (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PaJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great people, good money, and a positive work environment
Cons: upper management and sparatic hours
I worked exclusively in the banquet department and everyone on that staff was great. the servers literally took me in like I was family and the bartenders did the same when I joined them. a typical day for the bartenders was getting the beo for the party you are working and then setting it up with the appropriate amount of glasses and liquors. then – more... if you finished early you could get something to eat. once the function started you stay behind the bar until it over. the manager usually helped keeping stock and would relieve you every so often. after the function, we put away the glasses and liquor, took the trash and locked everything up. a servers day is not that much different. I learned the ins and outs of the banquet position. my immediate management was good for the most part, there were two that I loved and two that were ok. the hardest part of the job was taking orders from upper level managers who didn't really respect me. the most enjoyable part was definitely working with the servers and bartenders, seriously the best people ever. – less
Poorly managed and not professional
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PASeptember 11, 2013
Cons: everything
Upper management is contradictory and constantly acts as big brother. One manager keeps detailed files of every move made by subordinates and does not hesitate to use them against you at the slightest misstep.
Professional, and enjoyable
Valet Attendant (Former Employee), Valley Forge, PAJuly 19, 2013
Pros: employee facilities, management, long breaks
Cons: crowded
I worked as a valet. The employee facilities were great, and I respected the strong management. No room to advance though, too crowded
nice people to work for
housekeeper (Current Employee), King, PAApril 18, 2013
Pros: paid time off
Cons: have to pay for lunch
clean work area, nice bosses, room for advancement the hardest part of my job is you are watch by some many security officers.
Productive workplace.
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMarch 7, 2013
Worked a wierd shift 4am to 12pm. During those hours it wasn't much pick up.
it can be fun, depending on your position
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Valley Forge, PADecember 18, 2012
Pros: co workers, incentives, experience
Cons: lunch food, old facility, unsolveable and unavoidable issues
depending on your position and time of the year, it can be fun. during the busiest weeks it can be a little haywire especially with the type of patrons that come through. co-workers are wonderful.
No room for advancement
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), King of Prussa PADecember 3, 2012
Pros: discounted lunch, meeting new people
Cons: no weekends off no set schedules
No raises and no room to advance within the group. No set schedules lead for unbalanced outside life. Working every single weekend and sometimes more then 5-6 days a week.
A Day at the Valley
Security Officer (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 2, 2012
I can honestly say each day is always different , definately not a bad thing though.

About Valley Forge Casino Resort

Valley Forge Casino Resort contains two hotels, The Valley Forge Casino Tower and The Radisson Valley Forge Hotel, and the Valley – Read more