Valley Forge Casino Resort Employee Reviews

Great starting out job
Wedding Coordinator- Sales Department (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 11, 2016
Pros:
Great co workers
Learned SO MUCH about weddings/mitzvahs, casino, hotel

Cons:
LONG hours with little pay (9 hr days at least/ nights/ weekends)
Mandatory working monthly casino events (with NO compensation)
No where to go
Dual Rate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 27, 2016
Fun place to work for a while or as a part time job. After 6 years in the casino business I find that there is no where to go. The promotions offered are small and if the industry becomes deregulated you are out of a job.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Social Life, Money, Days Off, and Gamblers
Professional Management Team
Fine Dining General Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 11, 2016
A great organization with a focus on their employees personal development and happiness in the work place.
A very good management experience dealing with multiple department from hotel to gambling.
The company has a constant focus on quality and strategy to drive revenue
Pros
Feeling of job security
Cons
The casino never close, no downtime
Ever-changing environment
Hospitality Marketing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 14, 2016
- typical casino culture
- work long, busy hours, weekends, nights, holidays
- unrewarding work
- irate customers
- stressful environment

- unsympathetic upper management
- unrealistic work expectations
- understaffed, works employees too hard

- decent pay
- advancement opportunity due to high turnover
- decent amount of vacation hours
- decent health benefits
Pros
paid breaks, employee lunches by payroll deduction
Cons
no 401k, no continuing education financial assistance
Great for P/T or students
Hospitality Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 29, 2015
No work/life balance, players services has a high turnover so you are constantly working with new people, high stress due to being in a casino and the first point of contact for anyone with complaints. Pay was 12/hr so well above min. wage which was probably the best part of the job. Must work nights/weekends and absences work on a point system- double points if you call out on a weekend. No sick days.
Pros
pay rate
Cons
no sick days, point system for absences, high turn over, high stress, no work/life balance
Production oriented , there is a cafeteria for employees with hot food served for all shifts
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  1160 First Ave King of Prussia, Pa 19406November 9, 2015
The best part of my job is working with my co-workers. This is a large Casino Resort with 2 hotels,7 restaurants, ballrooms and a convention center. he call center takes calls for all venues so there is plenty of variety in the calls you take for each venue.
Pros
Cafeteria with Hot food
Cons
This is a Casino Resort there are no Holidays off.
N/a
Food Runner/Cashier (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 21, 2015
They make you work twelve hours shift without your approval work without a break sometimes and make you work for a long time without a break.
Productive workplace
busperson/ cashier (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 15, 2015
I love how family oriented this job is, good benefits, everyone is hardworking and helpful, stays open 24 hours which is good, they are always very helpful they try to work with you and give you flexible hours
Pros
family oriented
Cons
bad schedules
Very Positive Experience
Table Games Dealer (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 5, 2015
This was my second casino gig, and it was really a great place to work. Everyone was very supportive and approachable, and the team of dealers were both competent and friendly. Tips were good, and scheduling was flexible. The food provided wasn't great, but it was cheap, so that's a small complaint.
Pros
Great management, dealing team
Cons
food was meh.
Productive work environment, learned a lot
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 26, 2015
-Great learning experience of food & beverage industry creatively and business wise
-Productive work environment for employees who take initiative
-Allows for cooks to work in other restaurants throughout casino
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
minimal pay and poor higher management
Nice people in a fast paced job
Overnight shift restaurant manager (Former Employee) –  Valley ForgeFebruary 17, 2015
Although I loved the people I worked with the hours (overnight) were very hard to balance with everyday life and there was absolutely no growth in the 2.5 years i worked there despite being employee of the month a couple times.
Fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Valley forge PASeptember 17, 2014
Honestly there is nothing negative I can say about this resort I loved housekeeping here inside and out I loved everything but I quit due some life arrangements I became homeless never mentioned it to them but I quit due to me having to move out of my place the day I found out I went to work tryed working and quit out of stupidity I refer a lot of people here trust me this place is a good company to work for my former co workers used to help me clean rooms this company taught me the value of a true career
Pros
Good Hours, Good management, great co workers
Cons
Can't re apply
Happy, energetic work place
Entertainment and Social Media Manager (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 16, 2014
Typical day involves communicating with my team and checking emails, putting events together, reviewing ticket sales and analyzing marketing strategies. I've learned to multitask and prioritize from most important to least rather than focus on timely events. My coworkers are great, we all work as a union and always support one another. The hardest part of the job is the late nights and having little to no support when it comes to staffing events.
Great learning experience with no more growth
Marketing Manager (Hotel, Food & Beverage) (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 7, 2014
VFCR has been a great place to work while learning every aspect of the hotel industry. Turnover is always high in a hotel sales department and it is no different here. I am at a great point in my career and there will be no more growth opportunity within my department for the foreseeable future.
this place i really hated working for
Hotel Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAJuly 18, 2014
I really hated working at this place the management sucks and supervisors don't know how to talk to people
Cons
management sucks, supervisors sucks
Great work environment
Revenue Auditor (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 14, 2014
Audit casino revenue, learning how the casino business works, excellent management staff, my co-worker are great, the hardest part of my day is when the audit been rush and there to many mistake, the acknowledgement from your boss or co-worker telling you how good of worker you are and that you do a great job.
Pros
Safe work place, excellent management
Cons
No cons
Boring and less chances of advancement.
Revenue Audit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge Casino ResortJuly 9, 2014
I worked there from May 2014 to July 2014. I was looking for some experiences in accounting and audit as I recently got my Bachelor in Accounting.

We had a small audit department and all of my colleagues were friendly and very supportive. But after working two months I found that there were little opportunity to learn and advancement. The work we used to do had little application of accounting principals. It was just day to day compliance job to make sure that the the daily revenue figure is free from error. I applied for this job at the beginning because the job requirement had said "A bachelor degree in accounting is a must". But later I found out that none of my colleague had a bachelor. All of them had previous experience of working as a cashier. Even my new supervisor was just a high school graduate and her only qualification was she worked as a Casino Cashier for 3/4 years.

At that time I decided to leave. On top of that it was costing me a lot of time and money to travel to valley forge paying 15 dollar in gas and 8 dollar in toll everyday. 12 dollar an hour was not enough to pay for these expenses and there was no overtime opportunity.

So, I resigned after working two months and how I benefited the future applicants for this post in Valley Forge? They removed the "Bachelor Degree in Accounting is a must" from their job advertise to full fill my vacant position.
Pros
2 Dollar buffet lunch, Office environment, cubicle, personal phone, 4 days 40 hours shift, early morning start.
Cons
No learning and advancement opportunity for an Accounting graduate, Experience doesn't count for CPA, Less pay, distance, toll fee.
interesting
Host (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia PaApril 22, 2014
Not flexible, hours were not flexible. it was difficult to change my schedule around in accordance to school.
fun place to work
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 6, 2014
Great place to work...great atmosphere and fun people. Very live depending on the time you work. It gets really slow about 4 a.m. but if your working with the right people you wouldn't even notice.
Fun people to work with.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 10, 2014
Co-workers are fun people to work with. Everyone gets along with each other. Customers are interesting everyday.
Pros
Got to understand the Casino business
Cons
Pay isn't enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Forge Casino Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9