Valley Health (Virginia)

Valley Health (Virginia) Employee Reviews

Cafeteria Living
Monitor Technician (Current Employee), Winchester, VAMay 14, 2015
Pros: fun work, great employees, keeps you on your toes
Working down in the cafeteria for me was always fun because I was kind of like a "jack of all trades". Each day I came in, because I was cross trained in every position, I was always at a different station so it kept me on my toes and I loved it. I worked the deli, the salad bar, the grill, the pizza station, the hot food bar, the dining room, and the cash register. The most enjoyable part about working down there was always being in a different position. It kept me busy and interested. The hardest part was remembering to fill out my production sheets.
Excellent opportunity for nurses to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee), Winchester, VAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Excellent support
Cons: Not time for many breaks -at least on the med/surg units
WMC is an excellent hspital and I only wish I lived closer to it so I could continue to work there. The GI/Endo unit is staffed by excellent nurses and aids that are true professionals. The pay is OK but not outstanding.
My job is challenging but is vital to Valley Health.
Collections Associate/Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Winchester, VAApril 28, 2015
Account recovery is both challenging and exciting with the skip tracing and the money recovery.

The hardest part is accepting the fact I am literally taking money from a household.
Nutrition Dietary Clerk (Current Employee), Winchester, VAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Hours, co-workers are nice
Cons: Management
The hospital as a whole is very good to work at I just wouldn't want to work within Nutrition Services for many more years. I like the co-workers that I work with, management just needs to learn to work together and enforce rules effectively.
educational, exciting, rewarding
Mail Room Clerk / Patient Transport (Former Employee), Winchester, VAApril 9, 2015
Pros: working with others
Cons: job ended, completed training
I learned how to sort mail as well as the safe way to transport patients from area to area in the hospital. I gained a lot of confidence as a volunteer at this facility.
Good Schedule
Anonymous (Former Employee), Winchester, VAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: too much holiday food in the break room!
I enjoyed my job at valley health. I liked the schedule I was put on, it really worked for my lifestyle. However, it was per diem employment and a full time position opened up elsewhere that I decided to take.
Valley Health's Culture
Epic Representative (Current Employee), Winchester, VAFebruary 16, 2015
Cons: decreasing benefits, incompetent management, uncaring enviroment
The culture at Valley Health has declined and continues to decline. Patient care is suffering due to the change in culture.
Liked teaching doctors and nurses.
Epic Super User (Former Employee), Winchester, VAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: learning new things
Cons: not long enough at the hospital
Liked working at he hospital, however, it was only a Temp job.
Would go to work around 4:30AM and some filing of students taking
classes. Organize folders in file cabinet. Then go to class myself.
Worked with two other girls, great girls to work with. Job not really hard to do. Like going in early the most, leads to an early dismissal.
After filing an classes, assigned an area in the hospital called; "step down" taught doctors and nurses how to use the software EPIC.
Nice place to work with nice staff and great patients
Certified Nurses Assistant / Transporter (Current Employee), Front Royal, VAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers, good benefits
Cons: short breaks or no breaks, understaffed, no significant pay raises
A typical day involves flexibility, adaptability, and time management to ensure proper care is given to each patient no matter what the day brings. Management is ok. Coworkers are helpful and caring. Staffing isn't alwats at the level it should be, which is to be expected in health care. The demand is there, but the amount of applications is not. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patient interaction. It is a pleasure to take care of them and to turn situations around for the better.
Was good for someone just coming out of school.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 31, 2015
Management sucked and will get rid of you the second they have an opportunity. The turn over rate is horrible. On the other hand there is a really great team of phlebotomist to work with. The co-workers I had is what I really miss the most.
Productive, diversified, workplace
P.C.T./C.N.A (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: a very diversified job
Cons: short staffed
Took report from previous shift. Assisted Nurses doing patient care. Stocked linens, nurse servers, kept rooms clean. Helped to admit and discharge patients. Transported patients to various places of hospital. Helped watch patient monitors. I learned to do E.K.G's. My supervisor and co-workers made it a pleasant place to work. On a busy night it would be hard to multitask more then one unit. Enjoyable parts of my job. Working in a hospital setting. Witnessing patients recovering from illness or surgery.
Fast paced and great team work
Emergency Room Tech. (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: benefits/experience
Cons: short breaks or none at all
Worked along side of the nurses and doctors assisting them in procedures/patient care and also the trauma room.
Fun work place
Health Information Clerk (Former Employee), Winchester, VADecember 31, 2014
Working with the Valley health system was a wonderful experience. I had a wonderful time working with my coworkers and learning more in the field
Only 3 days a week
CNA (Current Employee), WinchesterDecember 16, 2014
I enjoy only working 3 days a week but we do not make enough. I enjoy my coworkers and friends I've made. The management needs some work and to understand their workers more.
Very productive company, With good pay. Not very good job security
Credentialed Clindoc Trainer (Former Employee), Winchester, VADecember 4, 2014
Pros: good pay, plenty of hours, good coworkers, and clean working space
Cons: healthcare, job security
Typical day of work starts out with setting up my classroom and printing out class material. Coworkers were very friendly and supportive, and management were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was learning to teach smoothly and well. The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching students and watching them learn.
duties
Radiologic Technologist RT(R), Night Shift (Current Employee), Winchester, VANovember 21, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: non payed lunches
TRAUMA
OR
FLUORO
PORTABLE EXAMS
CHARGE TECH EXPERIENCE
MAKING DISCS
Great for patients, dedicated nursing staff.
Registered Nurse, Pediatrics (Current Employee), Winchester, VANovember 17, 2014
Great for patients, dedicated nursing staff. Small town. Good relationships among nurses and physicians.
Educational
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Woodstock, VANovember 9, 2014
Have learned much about DME. Insurance guidelines change often and it's important to keep up to date on these changes.
Most difficult part of job is not being able to bill insurance for some equipment under their insurance guidelines.
Once a secure Employer
Neurosciences System Administrator (Current Employee), winchester, vaOctober 31, 2014
Pros: independence and good compenstation including allowed overtime.
Cons: poor management, poor guidance, poor staffing
I have been with Valley Health for 15 years. Throughout this time I have felt supported and encouraged to improve upon myself and was rewarded by having opportunites to move up within the company. With a change in management in 2010 and and overall change in the climate at Winchester Medical Center, I now feel that Valle Health is not a very secure place to work. There have been hundreds of layoffs within the past couple years which has never before happened. The area where I work has low morale and employees are leaving every day.
If I could score lower than one star I would
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Winchester, VAOctober 7, 2014
Cons: no full breaks or meals, benefits decline every year, numerous management issues. they just bury their heads in the sand and hope the problems go away.
A typical day is busy, and short staffed in the clinical laboratory.
What I learned most was to rely on your co-workers, not the management team. They will throw anyone under the bus to save their own behind. They have no interaction or communication with the staff and when their day is done they are out the door and you are left to fend for yourselves. Do not cross them for they will come after you with a vengeance. Your are a walking target with a bulls eye on your back. Very punitive culture.
The co-workers are the best but have been beaten down by the management staff. Many need these jobs to provide for their families so the typical comment is to fly low and stay under the radar.
The hardest part of the job is working with equipment that cannot handle the work load and the lack of communication between supervisors and staff.
The most enjoyable part of the job, other than my eve shift co-workers? NONE

1 2 3 4

About Valley Health (Virginia)

Valley Health is a nonprofit organization serving the healthcare needs of people in and around an area known as the Top of Virginia, – Read more

Valley Health (Virginia) Salaries