Valley Health (Virginia)

Valley Health (Virginia) Employee Reviews

protective workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVSeptember 5, 2016
Providing quality health care is something i enjoy. Compassionate and caring workplace. hardest part of job was leaving everyday.Patients were understanding and a pleasure to work with and provide care for.
Best company I ever worked for
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Teays Valley, WVAugust 16, 2016
Always staffed well, patient education is top priority. Staff is happy and eager to help one another. Great benefits! Management is always looking at making improvements for patients and staff. There's a wide scope of practice due to all the different specialities.
Pros
hour lunch break
Cons
having to work 4 hours on weekend monthly
Excellent working environment
Senior Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 21, 2016
Coding and abstracting medical records. Work independently
Gaining excellent knowledge of ICD10. Adequate management and helpful coworkers. I very much enjoy the ability to work from home.
high cenus
Housekeeper/ floor crew (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 16, 2016
My work day starts with a focus meeting with important information that we need for the day. Than gathering supplies that I need to clean with. I learn different task everyday . My management team could cumulate better so that we can get the job done easier and efficient. There are a couple of thing that I have learn to adjust to is the low pay and working holidays and weekends. The people that I work with make the job fun and easier.
Pros
day off during the week and i work every other weekend
Cons
shorts breaks
poor management and advancement
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 24, 2016
Overall I was not satisfied with the management and the way they treated their employees. Although the money was decent and the work was productive and kept me busy I was not happy with the poor opportunities to advance and move up. I did learn new things though such as working hard for your money, the importance of a clean hospital room, and I made a lot of new friendships. I was happy with the hours and we were encouraged to pick up extra shifts when possible.
Pros
Decent Pay, Good hours, Friendly workers
Cons
Short breaks, Management, Low Staff
Growing hospital expanding in many ways.
Lead processing technician (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 1, 2016
I've been employed here for 10 years in 2 separate departments. It is a good hospital but has lost touch with many employee needs and has fallen behind with salaries in many departments. It is a growing facility and strives towards excellence. Hopefully they will soon address the compensation issues.
Pros
Rapidly improving customer service
Cons
High management turnovers
great co workers, mediocre upper management
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 10, 2016
In my 11 years a Valley Health I have been most impressed with the collaboration of bedside nursing staff. We stick together and take care of each other during the challenges of bedside nursing.
Run
War memorial hospital (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Springs, WVApril 14, 2016
Pay does not match duties. Be prepared to work many hours for nothing. And management will slide in so many duties to lighten their work load and not increase your pay so be prepared to work for nothin and no advancements Avl to grow with company. And if you want to advance you better know someone already within very closly to even get considered. Management does not respect you nor conducts employee care and kiss family life goodbye, management will not care if your kids need you. They will kiss up so much in your first 6 months, then it changes. And staff for the most part is great but you will run into drama filled departments where older been there awhile staff is very set in their ways and management will not correct them, so you will be doing other staffers work as you get paid nothing and they get paid a lot for doing nothin, a blind eye. Run you will regret it of you apply. go in and just sit down with a few employees for your self while they are on break in cafe. They will fill you in on how they are treated.
Cons
This company is not employee friendly
RN (Former Employee) –  Valley HealthApril 13, 2016
If you are even thinking about putting in for Advance Practice job in Berkeley Springs at War Memorial do your research. They switch shifts around constantly and you have no say. Get a contract that specifies your work hours, currently you work 7a-7p or later and are then on call 7p-7a for everything, you may be up all night and then go into work at 7a. This is 8 days on then 6 days off, but you may even get called on your days off and you don't get paid for on call. They give you a certain amount of stipend for call. Think before you leap.
Pros
Cons
A lot

Comment – April 19, 2016

Ever notice on here that the management type people say Valley Health is great but the working staff say its a poor organization. Think about it.

Out of touch administration and manipulative supervisors
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVApril 6, 2016
When I started everyone seemed very receptive and nice. Over time, true colors began to show. Inefficient supervisors who aren't properly educated for their position, they just know who to kiss butt to. Upper administration are so out of touch they don't care. Employee satisfaction surveys are done yearly- always come back bad and nothing ever changes. Unless you want to be manipulated, taken advantage of, unappreciated, scolded for going above and beyond, retaliated against for speaking up- then stay away. Even if you are properly educated and bust your butt for this company- unless you are in the "clique" you have no chance of advancement.
Pros
Large Company- easy to transfer
Cons
Will destroy your soul
Extremely Productive Team Environment
Print Shop Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 29, 2016
I am very happy to be working for Valley Health. I continue to learn every day. I have a wonderful team to work with. Definitely fast paced and always a challenge.
Bad Environment
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 5, 2016
Coworkers were rude and cruel. no breaks. small dirty work space. understaffed or over staffed. very dirty work environment. pay was not what was needed for job duties.
Would Recommend
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 22, 2016
The smaller hospitals are wonderful to work for. The leadership is fair, dignified, compassionate and caring. Apart from some upper level leadership at WMC, this company has been good to work for.
I would recommend VH to anyone who asked.
Pros
Compensation and benefits are fair and competitive
Progressvie healthcare, but horrible management
Department Lead (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 7, 2016
The upper level management is utterly ridiculous! Doesn't care what employees have to say and feel. Don't ever report anything to HR as once your manager hears about it, you will be escorted out by security and black listed from being rehired (even if your complaints/concerns are 100% true and lead to patient safety issues). Pay stinks (even though the upper management won't cut their salaries). They let all the employees who don't care keep their jobs, go on FMLA whenever they want, claim false worker's comp claims, ect, but then treat their long term employees like dirt if they dare file a worker's comp claim (even when it's witnessed by multiple co-workers). The benefits are ok, but if you are not employed in one of the actual hospitals, you are treated like a stepchild and don't get pertinent information until weeks later.
Pros
Steady employment
Cons
Management, lack of respect for long term employees, lack of communication with entities not within the hospital
good company to work for
Director (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 3, 2016
Apart for some upper level leadership, this company has been good to work for. As of late, there have been some leadership decisions that have challenged the integrity of the organization.
Not a good work life balance
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 31, 2015
management is all about management and the rest of employees just have to deal with it. working with the other employees is the only plus side.
Pros
schedule
Cons
managers
A steady work environment
SNAP REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 18, 2015
A fun and steady work place with good management. Always willing to provide room for growth and learning advancement. The most enjoyable part, is being able to do multiple projects in order to learn a variety of different job titles.
I hated my time here
Laboratory Assistant, Phlebotomist, CNA (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 15, 2015
If I could give the management zero stars I would. They reward the bad employees and punish the good. The only way to get ahead there is to be a liar and suck up to the upper management.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
They expect you to work until you die
Understanding and positive enviornment
transport (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 10, 2015
This is a great work place with great co workers. The management is very understanding to your schedule and works with you to your needs. It is hard at first fitting in but you are not there to make friends. Everyone is very nice and the shifts are great. Lunch is always healthy but tastes great too, a lot of variety. The only problem is lack of pay for what you are doing in the job and the fact that you have to go through HR before you can get to the actual people who are going to be hiring you.
Pros
Benefits, Extra additions (i.e. gym, cafeteria, childcare), flexibility
Cons
Pay, Trnasitioning jobs
teamleader looked over night staff
Teamleader/Diet Aide (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VANovember 10, 2015
came in serve on the line for lunch after take over the phone from morning teamleader. run the register for 30 minutes. get ready to serve dinner then everyone cleans up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Health (Virginia). Our community is ready to answer.

2.9