Valley Health (Virginia)

Valley Health (Virginia) Employee Reviews

Not a good work life balance
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 31, 2015
management is all about management and the rest of employees just have to deal with it. working with the other employees is the only plus side.
Pros
schedule
Cons
managers
A steady work environment
SNAP REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 18, 2015
A fun and steady work place with good management. Always willing to provide room for growth and learning advancement. The most enjoyable part, is being able to do multiple projects in order to learn a variety of different job titles.
I hated my time here
Laboratory Assistant, Phlebotomist, CNA (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 15, 2015
If I could give the management zero stars I would. They reward the bad employees and punish the good. The only way to get ahead there is to be a liar and suck up to the upper management.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
They expect you to work until you die
Understanding and positive enviornment
transport (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 10, 2015
This is a great work place with great co workers. The management is very understanding to your schedule and works with you to your needs. It is hard at first fitting in but you are not there to make friends. Everyone is very nice and the shifts are great. Lunch is always healthy but tastes great too, a lot of variety. The only problem is lack of pay for what you are doing in the job and the fact that you have to go through HR before you can get to the actual people who are going to be hiring you.
Pros
Benefits, Extra additions (i.e. gym, cafeteria, childcare), flexibility
Cons
Pay, Trnasitioning jobs
teamleader looked over night staff
Teamleader/Diet Aide (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VANovember 10, 2015
came in serve on the line for lunch after take over the phone from morning teamleader. run the register for 30 minutes. get ready to serve dinner then everyone cleans up
lousy place to work
Generalist on the Day (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 5, 2015
Valley Health has become a very hostile workplace environment.Senior management shows no compassion or consideration for the general employee.Ideas and innovation are crushed under the weight of their self serving attitudes.Would discourage anyone to work there even for a short period of time.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
everything but salary
patients
cardiac technician (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 16, 2015
I liked it here only because of working with the patients
staff was not nice
and the co-workers weren't pleasant to work with either
Pros
patients, learned more about cardiac issues
Cons
hours and the staff
Something always diffrent, team work, patience,and laughter
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVOctober 11, 2015
The job was a very rewarding job, there was something new everyday with this employment, sometimes stressful but worth every experience.
Pros
Being able to help others
Cons
The restraints put on the clients
Do not even think about working here!!
RN (Former Employee) –  WinchesterSeptember 24, 2015
In over 37 years of nursing with the last 6 as advanced practice, I would run away from this hospital system, especially their home health department or you will be their next victim!! There is quite the high turnover.

The management is all over the place and are unable to focus. I am not sure how they stay employed but then that could be the culture of the hospital itself. Several nurses have gone to administration without positive outcomes. They are unsafe when assigning patients and promise 5-6 per day but 8-10 are the norm.

One feels stress and bully-type behaviors from the time one walks in. There is much "he said, she said" behaviors and the orienting staff will report you to management for things that did not occur, most likely to keep their own jobs--several other colleagues have had the same experiences in the past year.

I have had feedback from over 12 different colleagues and think this is a notable number
Pros
Great equipment to work with and many supplies
Cons
job security unheard of and micro- management or no management
Fun Place to work.
WARREN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL-Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, VASeptember 20, 2015
I enjoyed working here but yet again I could be bias because I was a co-owner here. It was hard work but the pay scale and working with family is nothing short of wonderful. In the end I do regret that my ex and I had to sell the business because of personal issues.
great place to work
Pediatrics Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 18, 2015
fair supervisors, caring culture, good benefits, salary good be better but is considered fair for the area. Best supervisor I ever had. Good about training and education and have excellent tuition reimbursement benefits.
productive and fun work place
Team Leader- Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VASeptember 14, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the residents and patients. I enjoy meeting new people and caring for others.
Worked there 17 years. Great place to work at the time.
Assist surgeons-as an RN...see resume. (Former Employee) –  See resume...Winchester Medical Center.September 2, 2015
Phlebotomy is where I started in the medical field. Loved the interaction with the patients. Management was top notch in the department. Everyone worked hard. No complaining. Helped each other. Alot of work to do besides draw blood. Specimen collection and processing, orders, paternity testing, etc.

Nursing was great also..worked in the ER and loved that type of work. I was also flight nursing with the military. Trauma nursing was great.
Pros
Great Coworkers and doctors. Autonomy.
Cons
Crackers (sometimes lunch) crushed in pocket.
Great learning enviornment
Registered Nurse II Critical Care Step Down unit (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 28, 2015
I was hired fresh out of nursing school to the Critical Care internship followed by a full-tme position in the Critical Care step-down unit. The internship was a great educational experience and a fantastic way for my to apply my skills and knowledge learned in nursing school. My time in the step-down unit had its ups and downs. At first I felt like I was thrown to the wolves. Being a high acuity and high patient turn over unit the first few months felt overwhelming. Looking back over the last two years, I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. I learned to care for a variety of critically ill patients and also learned the importance of strong team work.
I was a floor nurse in critical are step down and acute care rehab
RN Clinician II (Former Employee) –  Cork, PAAugust 9, 2015
I was a floor nurse in critical are step down and acute care rehab. I worked with a great group of professionals as well as a great group of nurses
Always Busy
HHCAP Internship (Former Employee) –  Food adn Nutrition ServicesAugust 3, 2015
Even though it was always frantic at breakfast, lunch, and dinner time I loved the overall experience of working with the people. Fun work environment and very nice people.
Pros
always busy
Cons
breaks in between meals, standing on your feet for hours.
Very Good
Phlebotomist and Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 29, 2015
Steady draws, worked as a team, management good, co-workers great, hardest part morning rounds, best people I worked with.
Pros
management listened
Cons
pay horriable
Great place to learn.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 21, 2015
Great environment to learn multiple disciplines. Facility willing to encourage growth and teamwork. Private rooms for all patients, making care confidential.
Great First Job for Students and Young Adults
Nutrition Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 12, 2015
I started working in the Nutrition Department here while I was in high school and continued to work here after graduation. They worked around my high school schedule, while still being able to have enough time off for myself. Although there is a lot to learn, a pretty heavy workload for one person, and short on staff, I believe it is still a well-paying job for high school students and young adults.
Pros
Well-paying jobs for students, good first-time job
Cons
Short staff, sometimes hours/work can be overwhelming.
Stupid equals happy
Lab (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 15, 2015
The culture of this facility was a great fit of that of a small minded community eternally stuck about twenty years in the past. Thinking was discouraged and not welcomed. The corrupt members of management and HR continually looked the other way at the general staff's cries for help against the bullying by other management members. Anyone that disagreed with management's views were labeled as negative and belittled on a daily basis. Most of the staff are just so broken, beat down and overworked that the quality of work that is produced is frightening. Working here is like being In abusive relationship, people feel trapped into believing they have no where else to go and think it's ok to allow others to treat them like garbage. The only way to get ahead here is to lose your self respect and integrity before walking into the doors of this hospital.
Pros
the windows
Cons
No follow-up or follow through by HR and/or management