Valley Health (Virginia)

Valley Health (Virginia) Employee Reviews

Great First Job for Students and Young Adults
Nutrition Service Associate (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Well-paying jobs for students, good first-time job
Cons: Short staff, sometimes hours/work can be overwhelming.
I started working in the Nutrition Department here while I was in high school and continued to work here after graduation. They worked around my high school schedule, while still being able to have enough time off for myself. Although there is a lot to learn, a pretty heavy workload for one person, and short on staff, I believe it is still a well-paying job for high school students and young adults.
Stupid equals happy
Lab (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJune 15, 2015
Pros: the windows
Cons: No follow-up or follow through by HR and/or management
The culture of this facility was a great fit of that of a small minded community eternally stuck about twenty years in the past. Thinking was discouraged and not welcomed. The corrupt members of management and HR continually looked the other way at the general staff's cries for help against the bullying by other management members. Anyone that disagreed with management's views were labeled as negative and belittled on a daily basis. Most of the staff are just so broken, beat down and overworked that the quality of work that is produced is frightening. Working here is like being In abusive relationship, people feel trapped into believing they have no where else to go and think it's ok to allow others to treat them like garbage. The only way to get ahead here is to lose your self respect and integrity before walking into the doors of this hospital.
Great pay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJune 5, 2015
The job at valley health is great. Everyone works really well together. The managment is there when you need them but they dont stand over top of you. The hardest part of that job was seeing all the sick people. A lot of people passed away and it was hard to see their greiving families. The most enjoyable part of this job was all the team work.
Embarrassed to even say I worked here.
Financial counselor (Former Employee), winchester medical centerJune 2, 2015
Pros: Location
Cons: Everything but the location....especially management
Took a pay cut to be closer to home because I had young children. Ended up having to leave for better pay. I was told I would be put on the phones and put into rotation with the other staff...never happened. Everyone was too busy worrying about EPIC to even train me. The kicker here is that I gave my two weeks and abided by all the "resigning" protocol and the supervisor refuses to rehire me....not just me but anyone who formerly worked in that department. I still see the supervisor from time to time and have to deal with negative remarks. I also felt as if people of other ethnicities were treated with less dignity. To sum it all up...if you enjoy middle school antics and grown up babies...this is the place for you!!!!
Not a good place to work
Secretary (Former Employee), PMHMay 26, 2015
The culture of PMH is going down hill. The patient's suffer due to lack of adequate staffing. The nurses rock, but can only do so much. The management and leadership at PMH make doing your job practically impossible due to unreasonable demands. To much backstabbing among co-workers.
Very productive company
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Winchester VaMay 21, 2015
In a typical day it is very fast paced, I learned a great deal in a short period of time. Many of my coworkers are great. The hardest part of the job is the fast pace. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patient care.
Cafeteria Living
Monitor Technician (Current Employee), Winchester, VAMay 14, 2015
Pros: fun work, great employees, keeps you on your toes
Working down in the cafeteria for me was always fun because I was kind of like a "jack of all trades". Each day I came in, because I was cross trained in every position, I was always at a different station so it kept me on my toes and I loved it. I worked the deli, the salad bar, the grill, the pizza station, the hot food bar, the dining room, and the cash register. The most enjoyable part about working down there was always being in a different position. It kept me busy and interested. The hardest part was remembering to fill out my production sheets.
Excellent opportunity for nurses to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee), Winchester, VAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Excellent support
Cons: Not time for many breaks -at least on the med/surg units
WMC is an excellent hspital and I only wish I lived closer to it so I could continue to work there. The GI/Endo unit is staffed by excellent nurses and aids that are true professionals. The pay is OK but not outstanding.
My job is challenging but is vital to Valley Health.
Collections Associate/Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Winchester, VAApril 28, 2015
Account recovery is both challenging and exciting with the skip tracing and the money recovery.

The hardest part is accepting the fact I am literally taking money from a household.
Nutrition Dietary Clerk (Current Employee), Winchester, VAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Hours, co-workers are nice
Cons: Management
The hospital as a whole is very good to work at I just wouldn't want to work within Nutrition Services for many more years. I like the co-workers that I work with, management just needs to learn to work together and enforce rules effectively.
educational, exciting, rewarding
Mail Room Clerk / Patient Transport (Former Employee), Winchester, VAApril 9, 2015
Pros: working with others
Cons: job ended, completed training
I learned how to sort mail as well as the safe way to transport patients from area to area in the hospital. I gained a lot of confidence as a volunteer at this facility.
Good Schedule
Anonymous (Former Employee), Winchester, VAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: too much holiday food in the break room!
I enjoyed my job at valley health. I liked the schedule I was put on, it really worked for my lifestyle. However, it was per diem employment and a full time position opened up elsewhere that I decided to take.
Valley Health's Culture
Epic Representative (Current Employee), Winchester, VAFebruary 16, 2015
Cons: decreasing benefits, incompetent management, uncaring enviroment
The culture at Valley Health has declined and continues to decline. Patient care is suffering due to the change in culture.
Liked teaching doctors and nurses.
Epic Super User (Former Employee), Winchester, VAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: learning new things
Cons: not long enough at the hospital
Liked working at he hospital, however, it was only a Temp job.
Would go to work around 4:30AM and some filing of students taking
classes. Organize folders in file cabinet. Then go to class myself.
Worked with two other girls, great girls to work with. Job not really hard to do. Like going in early the most, leads to an early dismissal.
After filing an classes, assigned an area in the hospital called; "step down" taught doctors and nurses how to use the software EPIC.
Nice place to work with nice staff and great patients
Certified Nurses Assistant / Transporter (Current Employee), Front Royal, VAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers, good benefits
Cons: short breaks or no breaks, understaffed, no significant pay raises
A typical day involves flexibility, adaptability, and time management to ensure proper care is given to each patient no matter what the day brings. Management is ok. Coworkers are helpful and caring. Staffing isn't alwats at the level it should be, which is to be expected in health care. The demand is there, but the amount of applications is not. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patient interaction. It is a pleasure to take care of them and to turn situations around for the better.
Was good for someone just coming out of school.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 31, 2015
Management sucked and will get rid of you the second they have an opportunity. The turn over rate is horrible. On the other hand there is a really great team of phlebotomist to work with. The co-workers I had is what I really miss the most.
Productive, diversified, workplace
P.C.T./C.N.A (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: a very diversified job
Cons: short staffed
Took report from previous shift. Assisted Nurses doing patient care. Stocked linens, nurse servers, kept rooms clean. Helped to admit and discharge patients. Transported patients to various places of hospital. Helped watch patient monitors. I learned to do E.K.G's. My supervisor and co-workers made it a pleasant place to work. On a busy night it would be hard to multitask more then one unit. Enjoyable parts of my job. Working in a hospital setting. Witnessing patients recovering from illness or surgery.
Fast paced and great team work
Emergency Room Tech. (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: benefits/experience
Cons: short breaks or none at all
Worked along side of the nurses and doctors assisting them in procedures/patient care and also the trauma room.
Fun work place
Health Information Clerk (Former Employee), Winchester, VADecember 31, 2014
Working with the Valley health system was a wonderful experience. I had a wonderful time working with my coworkers and learning more in the field
Only 3 days a week
CNA (Current Employee), WinchesterDecember 16, 2014
I enjoy only working 3 days a week but we do not make enough. I enjoy my coworkers and friends I've made. The management needs some work and to understand their workers more.

1 2 3 4 5

About Valley Health (Virginia)

Valley Health is a nonprofit organization serving the healthcare needs of people in and around an area known as the Top of Virginia, – Read more

Valley Health (Virginia) Salaries