VALLEY HEALTH CARE CENTER Employee Reviews

Too much work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 15, 2017
It was a really clean place with some friendly staff but the work there was too much.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with to much patients for one person with that kind of pay.
No room for advancement
Diet aide (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 10, 2017
Not managed correctly.. The building is understafced and over worked . You rarely get to take breaks and lunch due to lack of staff and extreme work duties.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No meal breaks
Busy
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Valley Falls, KS 66088July 6, 2017
Your busy all the time. It is an ok place to work. It is not your typical nursing home. Something new everyday. That was the best part. Sometimes it is very stressful.
Pros
Work a lot
Cons
Not a lot of time off
Ugh
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 20, 2017
I worked for this company for years. The management was terrible, they would allow us to work under staffed constantly. The only time they helped is when state walked in the door and almost like magic we had more help than we needed and would tell us what to say of questioned by state workers. We had more traveling staff than reg staff. They took away our bonuses. The managent could care about the residents all they see is $$.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Basically everything but coworkers and residents.
Summary of Job
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chilhowie, VA 24319May 18, 2017
Eight hour shift with opportunity to work twelve or sixteen hour shifts. Floating and permanent positions always available. Scheduling is always an issue.
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Valley Falls, KSMay 12, 2017
Cleaning for people who can not clean for themselves is a great feeling and worth the low pay and long hours with limited to know benefits. Hard job, but rewarding.
Pros
Helping
Cons
Low pay
Now a days it is good for work
RN/ Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 9, 2017
Since genesis take over this company I gave references to my friends and co worker for job. I worked with this company without any raise or compensation for 5 years and DON was hiring her family friends more than me and when I contacted her and administrator they never take care of it that makes me to quit. Otherwise very good place to work with good team members.
Great people to work with.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chilhowie, VAMarch 16, 2017
Working here is like working with a family. We all help each other and work as a team. The patients are wonderful and make you feel like family. I don't know how easy it would ever be for me to find another job because leaving this family would break my heart.
amazing work place
Recreational Aide (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 5, 2015
it was a fun environment. the staff was amazing and so were the people. The most enjoyable part about the job was meeting new people and keeping the patients happy
No raises, short staff
❸ Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 6, 2015
I worked there for 2 years although they wouldn't raise us, I stayed because I loved all the residents there and some of my coworkers were amazing.
Loving and Caribg place to work at
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Westwood, NJFebruary 20, 2015
A typical day at work was clocking in at 3:00, going straight to my assigned floor, Greet everyone and the Residents, put my belongings away, Wash my hands, write down the list of patients i have, and get to work. I learned more about the Elderly,having Lots of Patience while assisting them day-to-day life tasks,the Safety and Emergency procedures, Psychosocial needs, Personal Care Skills, Quality Improvement and more. I enjoyed all the employees. The most hardest part of my job was having the Patience to start my job on some days. And the most enjoyable part was when my job was completed and done right and the Residents were confortable and satisfied.
Pros
walking on a Main Road, at night with No sidewalks
Cons
working with Loving and Caring people
Long Term Care
Wound & Skin Nurse/Education Director (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 28, 2015
Working in long term care, patients are independent to end of life. Facility promote good care overall. Management needs more communication with the workers.
Management is very unreliable and uncaring
CNA (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 13, 2014
I worked here for several years and got to see up close how horrible the management team was. They were more interested in making money than they were with providing excellent care to their residents. The upper management team is very vindictive and would throw you under the bus if it meant making themselves look better. They know exactly what to say to State officials to get themselves out of a jam fast, even if it meant lying. NOT a good place to work!!
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
Short-staffed, low wage, uncaring management
supportive place
VN, Internship, and Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 2, 2014
the staff was reallysupportive
the location was cleaned
helped each other
productive, hard working, fun place to work
Student Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Chilhowie, VAApril 28, 2014
it was a great learning experience.
I learned how to care for geriatric patients.
Positive and Helpful Enviorment
o Certified Nursing Aide Externship (Former Employee) –  Marion, VAFebruary 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part about my job is the ability to give my residence an open ear when the need it.
enjoyable
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chilhowie, VAJanuary 17, 2014
It was a good experience working in Valley Health Care Center. It was my first job to work as a CNA, so I learned various caring skills.
i really enjoyed working together with my co-workers, we help each other to give a quality care, and the supervisor and the manager are so friendly which make the working environment more attractive and fun.
the hardest part of the job is to deal with the emotion when our residents are dying.
working with patients at a internship for cna
Certified Nursing Assistant- (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Chilhowie, VASeptember 19, 2013
Working with patient's and doing Intership hour's to get more experience for a Job....
Pros
patients where good people
Cons
short breaks and long days
Just great place to come to the patient were the best I loved it
Nursing Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Chilhowie, VAJune 3, 2013
I learned how to put a brief on with out taking the pants completely off, how to use a lift, in a few other things. I learned you get more attached then you think you will. I would say the hardest part for me was when I had my last day as an intern. The most enjoyable part is that, I got to make someone smile or feel better about there day. Just makes me happy to know I made them happy.
fun and productive
Nursing Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Chilhowie, VAMarch 25, 2013
some of the co workers seem like they dont care about there patients. but i like the fact thatthey constantly have activities for the patients to do instead of them sitting around. the most re warding thing is when a patient looks at you and smiles or gives you a thank you
Pros
the patients are wonderful i enjoy them
Cons
i feel like some staff dont relly care about the patients