Valley Health Care Employee Reviews

Good Organization to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2017
This was a home care organization where rehab, nursing and therapy was offered. Lots of paperwork involved and date input. Needed a dedicated scheduler and fast paced environment
Pros
leave early when it snows
Cons
not much time to complete the amount of work at hand
job review
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mill Creek, WVOctober 28, 2017
taking vitals, updating patient info, checking patient med list, chief complaint for visit, giving shots, dressing wounds, louving ears, documenting,learned how to work with different kinds of people and patients.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
only one break
Cooking, Reading
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 8, 2017
Taking report, taking vital sign cleaning my environment and introducing my self to the patient. The hardest part is working with co-worker that are not willing to work and are not team players. The best part is seeing my patient happy.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Job Avilability
I enjoyed the patient care part of this job
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chilhowie, VAJune 14, 2017
I enjoyed preforming direct patient care. I had a good rapport with the majority of my coworkers and management. The pay however was the area that I felt was lacking here.
mental health
Certified Medication Aide/Certified Nurses Aide (Former Employee) –  Valley Falls, KSNovember 30, 2016
Assisted with the timely disbursement of medications, reported any changes in patients' conditions, obtained vital signs, performed medication inventory checks, computerized charting. Assisted residents with activities of daily living.
I love this job because I love my residents. We are basically there second family away from their immediate family.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 13, 2016
This is a dedication and compassionate job. I fell in love with this job from the begining. You get to know these residents, their families, gain their trust vise versa, hear their stories, adventures, heartaches, history everything. I love this job and my residents.
Pros
lots of team work.
Cons
hard to squeeze in lunches.
Ok
CNA (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 4, 2016
I worked in 2011-2013. The supervisor wasn't strict enough and a lot of the workers worked harder than others and still nothing was done by administration. There is now new management so everything is different.
Very stressful work environment!
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Chilhowie, VAJune 22, 2016
The typical day at work consists of being very understaffed and patients not getting the proper care they deserve and pay for! I have learned that my dream of being a nurse with not happen because I can not wholeheartedly do this anymore. The only way I can get through the day is by working with some of the best coworkers there is and the love of my patients! The hardest part of my job is leaving and knowing even though I did the best I could do with the time I had it is nowhere near what they deserve at all! The most enjoyable part of the day is getting to hear the stories of the residents younger days what they experienced and went through.
Rewarding job interacting with patients
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 28, 2016
A rewarding job where I get to interact with patients in a medical setting. I have learned a lot of valuable skills at this position such as electronic medical records. I love the patients and helping resolve their issues. This is a fast pace environment where you have to be organized and pay close attention to detail.
Good place to work for
Director of Food Services (Current Employee) –  Chilhowie, VAAugust 17, 2015
At Valley Health Care, I am the Director of Food Service. I am responsible for the food operations in the dietary department and over see about 25 employees. I work with the dietary staff on different resident diets that have been order by the physicians for the residents. I work closely daily on food cost, labor cost, ordering, inventory and portion control.
This is a great career
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayward, WIMarch 4, 2015
I always felt like I had a good day. I liked helping these people and bringing some comfort and caring to their lives. Really like playing cards with them and learning new things.
Pros
Clean, and busy enviorment
Cons
Sometimes being overloaded with patients
I had good friends in my co workers i will miss them
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  CAFebruary 6, 2015
typicall day clean prep cook my supervisor could try to teach more.nt really a hard job The most enjoyable thing was working with my co workers They were dependable
Pros
learned how to cookk different diets
Cons
no advancement
one of the top hospitals in lasvegas for medical care.
registered nurse (Former Employee) –  NVJanuary 19, 2015
cardiology is highly successful in this hospital.There is high patient satisfaction over here.
great job if you like kids
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 9, 2014
great environment most nurses get their own office, you get one on one with your patient so that ensures that youre able to give the best quality care.
Pros
weekends and holidays off
Cons
pay, no work during summer, no full time positions
Very rewarding career.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVDecember 16, 2013
Helping mentally handicapped adults with their day-to- day lives in an in-home setting. Responsibilities included bathing, cooking, cleaning, arranging recreational activities and most of all, being their friend. Although it could sometimes be a very demanding job, the reward of knowing you were making their life more enjoyable was so much better.
Pros
Being a friend to the clients is what you got paid for!
Cons
Having to shower and help use the bathroom.
Rehabing Important People
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 24, 2013
Meeting with injured or disabled patients and exercising them to gain strength and confidence to be able to work on their own. I learned how to be patient and positive for their sake and pushing them to reach their goals.
The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing them succeed. It is rewarding to see others thrive and I also feel good about myself.
productive
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 2, 2013
management was supportive,
co- workers where friendly
hardest part was dealing with upset patients
helping those in need was the hardest part
Learned many things was a great experience, had an excellent rapport with the staff and dentist would refer valley healthcare to everyone
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 11, 2013
would love to work for the company if they had any job openings for dental assisting at any time. would give valley healthcare 5 stars on their cleanliness on using superb infection control and handwashing techniques.