Valley Health System Employee Reviews

low morale place to works
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2017
Managers are not knowledgeable, not serious, childish, disruptive.
Region director, non caring, dishonest, not in tuned to her staff, inconsiderate...........................
Pros
pay, I have worked for this company 10 years
Cons
horrible food, unorganized, unsafe facility, bathrooms lack cleaning, work area lacks cleaning
Was pretty good
Front and Back Office Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kermit, WVJune 13, 2017
I liked it there. They was really nice and I be am comfortable. I leaned a lot of things there I never knew. I got to do hands on and also do some office work. I could feel maybe me being comfortable working there one day.
Average
Clinical Supervisor/RN III Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2017
Average hospital with average problems. Management doesn't seem to listen. I have stayed so long because of my co-workers! We are a team and we seem to stay for each other.
Pros
People
Cons
Nothing improves
Typical Corporate Mindset- Money First
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 8, 2017
Prepare to be a number when working here. They are very concerned with money and cutting patient care quality. The doctors are great, the patient loads they give nurses is insane! More work, less money. They do not value their personnel and do not give compensation where it is due. The benefits are terrible. They make you rotate days and nights in the same week without thought of your personal life and your health. You better not get sick cause you'll get written up. It's a tough company to work for and their policies are all over the place.
Great place to learn
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (externship) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 4, 2017
I was only at Valley Hospital for about 2 weeks to complete my externship, I have nothing much to say about it because I was only there to get experience. It was a great chance to learn the ropes. But for me, that wasn't where I wanted to be.
Pros
Good for experience
Cons
The drive was too much for me
Administrative Associate
Administrative Associate (CCU Department) (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 23, 2017
I loved the 12 hour shifts I was required to work. I loved the type of work it involved. Unfortunately, my co-workers were not very friendly and were not good at teaching me my duties. I worked the night shift, and the one person who was supose to be teaching me the ropes of the job was more in to puzzle solving and gossiping to do as she should have been doing. She was a very over-bearing person to work with. I was not happy there at all and decided to leave.
Pros
Liked the 12 hour night shift.
Cons
Co-workers were back stabbers, unfriendly.
awesome days
Teen Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89106April 4, 2017
Being a volunteer is just has its ups and downs but its a great experience and you wont regret it at all knowing that you've helped a nurse or even a patient with there day
Unsafe and threat to RN liscense
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Summerlin, NVMarch 16, 2017
This company, my home hospital in particular has an unsafe work environment. There is much emphasis on timing and numbers (understandable because it is a business), but they are willing to risk patient safety. I am not on board with that.
Hospital case managment position/UR and DC Planning
RN case manager/discharge planner/UR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 14, 2017
A typical day included UR/DC planning MCR/MCD/Pvt Ins/No ins.
Busy nursing units; teaching facility; lots of work, great learning environment; great co-workers and supportive hospital staff.
Pros
Regluar working hours; great benefits and salary.
Cons
Could have used a few more case managers...to lighten the daily load.
Hostile Work Environment
Senior Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 28, 2017
Policies over people. Policies are in place to aid employees and leaders in so far as they are effective in minimizing chaos and setting reasonable boundaries. Managers ought not to be empowered negatively to create their own policies or to use existing policies to intimidate, harry, and stress the teams are are supposed to be working with. Valley is an epic fail in corp[orate culture.
Pros
Great hours and available OT
Cons
Antiquated and broken work culture
Depressing
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2017
Unsupported-Management Heavy - Very Depressing - Depends who your supervisor is... if you'll have a decent day or not.
Pros
6 hospitals
it will burn you out
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 29, 2016
Tough place to be in if you're a new grad but in the end if you stick it through you will realize it's actually an advantage for you because you become skilled in no time!

pay is good, benefits are great!

night shift is hands down the most awesome coworkers ;)
Pros
good pay, benefits
Cons
crazy work expectations, heavy workloads
Very trashy
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2016
Worst hospital ever! Unprofessional, extremely classless management. Total nightmare. The management is very unprofessional, mean, rude, untrustworthy. Need a better class of people working here. Awful!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Needs to educate staff on productive communication, better attitudes, professionalism, morals and manners. Too many very "ghetto acting employees". Terrible enviroment.
Insurance benefits are excellent for family.
Analyst patient account (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2016
Company has good benefits, pretty well focused on job duties. I've learned to be aware of my surrounding, overall, employees and management need in service job description every now and then.
Pros
great one week free breakfast and lunch before Christmas holiday yearly.
Cons
fair enough lunch and break time.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 20, 2016
Enjoyable workplace where the management really stresses training and education of the staff. Valley Health System provides ample education and training to allow the staff to grow. Very supportive of staff's needs.
we are a team
Social Worker I (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2016
Great team work, everyone feels like family! Really like the "no pass zone" program to promote the highest level of customer service for our patients.
Credit / Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 11, 2016
This job offered several opportunities to train and learn many new thigs. They offer a lot of benefits to their employees and review those benefits annually.

This job taught me many things. I managed up to 30 staff members. I helped during the conversion from the McKesson AS400 computer system to the Epic system. I learned to be very flexible and to keep an open mind.

I enjoyed all of the people that I met and worked with. Everyone was very supportive.
Pros
Great co-workers
Great place to work but needs improvement in the Management area and team building area
IT (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2016
Benefits are great. Department teams are very team oriented. VHS creates a happy environment however not all employees are happy which is also to be expected. They care about patient satisfaction.
Employee satisfaction seems to be on the lower end of the spectrum as there are a lot of key departments that are lacking additional staff causing staff to turn over frequently and you are left with a lot of work to catch up on. This leads to employee burn out.

Cut backs with employees seem to occur anywhere from 2-3 years on average.

VHS sticks to their standards for their mission and values and do strive for the best health outcomes highlighting their efforts on patients first.
Pros
Great Benefits, longevity of employment
Cons
Education and continued education for leadship/management is poor
Valley
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 5, 2016
Pays pretty well meet a lot of nice people and a lot of nasty supervisors plenty room for potential growth. Its a cool job I enjoyed it
It was a great place to work
Emergency Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2015
I was at Valley Hospital Medical Center for 32 years. I worked with several great managers and employees. I loved working in one of the best Emergency Departments in the Las Vegas Valley.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9