Valley Health System Employee Reviews

Very trashy
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2016
Worst hospital ever! Unprofessional, extremely classless management. Total nightmare. The management is very unprofessional, mean, rude, untrustworthy. Need a better class of people working here. Awful!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Needs to educate staff on productive communication, better attitudes, professionalism, morals and manners. Too many very "ghetto acting employees". Terrible enviroment.
it will burn you out
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 29, 2016
Tough place to be in if you're a new grad but in the end if you stick it through you will realize it's actually an advantage for you because you become skilled in no time!

pay is good, benefits are great!

night shift is hands down the most awesome coworkers ;)
Pros
good pay, benefits
Cons
crazy work expectations, heavy workloads
Depressing
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2017
Unsupported-Management Heavy - Very Depressing - Depends who your supervisor is... if you'll have a decent day or not.
Pros
6 hospitals
Cons
Great place to work but needs improvement in the Management area and team building area
IT (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2016
Benefits are great. Department teams are very team oriented. VHS creates a happy environment however not all employees are happy which is also to be expected. They care about patient satisfaction.
Employee satisfaction seems to be on the lower end of the spectrum as there are a lot of key departments that are lacking additional staff causing staff to turn over frequently and you are left with a lot of work to catch up on. This leads to employee burn out.

Cut backs with employees seem to occur anywhere from 2-3 years on average.

VHS sticks to their standards for their mission and values and do strive for the best health outcomes highlighting their efforts on patients first.
Pros
Great Benefits, longevity of employment
Cons
Education and continued education for leadship/management is poor
Credit / Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 11, 2016
This job offered several opportunities to train and learn many new thigs. They offer a lot of benefits to their employees and review those benefits annually.

This job taught me many things. I managed up to 30 staff members. I helped during the conversion from the McKesson AS400 computer system to the Epic system. I learned to be very flexible and to keep an open mind.

I enjoyed all of the people that I met and worked with. Everyone was very supportive.
Pros
Great co-workers
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 20, 2016
Enjoyable workplace where the management really stresses training and education of the staff. Valley Health System provides ample education and training to allow the staff to grow. Very supportive of staff's needs.
Very good job with a true desire to reward good employees
occupational therapist (Former Employee) –  las Vegas NVAugust 22, 2015
I truly loved my job at Valley. The people were really great and the atmosphere was relaxed and casual. I felt that the management was truly concerned with giving credit where credit was due. Raises were fair and management was fair. This was one of the most enjoyable jobs I've ever held. I stayed for several years.
Pros
nice co workers and management
Cons
infectious diseases
Valley Health System
ICU/CCU TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, VAJuly 1, 2013
Valley Health System allows the employees a safe and productive place to work. However, if you want to advance to a career other than nursing, don't count on Valley Health to want to keep you as an employee. They prefer people with experience and Bachelor's Degrees, over productive employees with proven history of being a good employee.
Overall, people are friendly and become part of a close knit work family quite quickly. Management is approachable and good to work for.
Pros
tuition assistance, benefits, discount program
Cons
short breaks, non-existent lunch breaks. Calls at 5 in the morning for coverage if someone calls out.
Run Run Run far from this place!!!
Licensed patient care staff (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 18, 2013
If you value your sanity, your license, and your self esteem, do not make the mistake of working here. Management is ridiculous. They constantly engage in inappropriate behavior, and are always looking for pathetic reasons to give disciplinary actions. And if they can find absolutely nothing to write you up for, they will make up something. It happens all the time to many unsuspecting employees who failed to 'play the game'. HR is only there to protect management. If healthcare is your career choice because you value people, want to provide excellent patient care, and believe in doing the right thing, then don't ruin your compassion and belief in yourself by being overworked and unappreciated by these vicious people.
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
everything with the exception of a handful of nice coworkers
The psychiatric unit was poorly managed with a very high aquity.
Charge Nurse, and Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 3, 2013
I worked as team leader, staff nurse, medication nurse, and charge nurse on an acute care locked psychiatric unit. It was at this job that I learned California psychiatric health care laws, and the complicated role of a charge nurse on a large acute care locked psychiatric unit. I learned a lot about leadership and crisis management. Management changed frequently due to poor performance. Co-workers were a seasoned team of psychiatric care workers. Amongst the team there was strife and splitting which hampered day to day performance. The hardest part of the job was getting the different factions to work together. The most enjoyable part of the job was individual patient contact.
Pros
a learning experience for advancement.
Cons
unit management was not able to provide leadership for the 24 hour team.
we are a team
Social Worker I (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2016
Great team work, everyone feels like family! Really like the "no pass zone" program to promote the highest level of customer service for our patients.
Great care.
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 3, 2015
Great hospital and great people.
I have learned so much about healthcare and human resources.
Good job advancement in place.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lot of employees
I work with a lot of very caring people.
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 16, 2012
My experience at Cape Fear Valley has been a rewarding one, I have been allowed an opportunity to work with great people, meet and service some wonderful patients and their families and gain some experience that I did not possess all at the same time.
Pros
discounts on a variety of things, good doctors in network, wonderful patients.
Cons
pay could be a little more and raises as well.
Working at valley was enjoyable.I like the people that I worked with and the care we gave our patients.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2015
Running the respiratory dept. Was always exciting
From working with all the therapist to working with the physicians and residents.I learned something new everyday. Keeping up with new changes in respiratory care and working with all the patients to give them quality care.The hardest part would be not getting the support from management with staffing.But over all I loved what I do and being a respiratory therapist.
Pros
BEING A LEADER EDUCATING AND TRAINING THE THERAPIST AND THE PATIENTS AS WELL.
Cons
FEELING YOU ARE BEING WATCHED, LACK OF SUPORT FROM MANAGEMENT
The only thing good are the benefits
RN (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 9, 2012
I have worked here for over a year, NO chance of advancement, No chance of transferring between departments, unless you are related to someone. Favoritism/borderline racism at its finest. So, if you are white and not related to anyone, good luck!!
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
reverse racism, very cliquish, blatant favoritism
Watch your license
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 12, 2013
They are very cliquish. They have low standards for work performance. They alienate certain people and praise the low performers for substandard work. If you value your license and the idea of not being sued then I suggest you keep looking.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Don't value staff, no raises, substandard pay, no personal time
okay place to work
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 27, 2012
learned many jobs here learned to run all kinds of mill machinery, how to build cabinets, how to do schedule, paperwork how to pull and stock all kinds of material. worked there 21 years knew how to do almost every job in the plant. I like to move around a lot and learn as many jobs as I possible can.
Pros
good benefits good hours mon-fri set days
Cons
management, pay
Friendly co workers, long term employees, great work environment
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2014
Everyday at Valley was different, different patients and situations, management was usually unclear because of constant change in supervisors but they were all approachable and talkative. Co-workers were amazing because everyone knew everybody and there was a strong sense of sportsmanship. The hardest part of the job was staying in 1 room with 1-2 patients and if the floor got busy, the CNAs and RNs were unable to relieve you for breaks throughout the 12 hour shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people who are unable to help themselves, talking with patients who have nobody to come visit them and knowing you made a difference in their stay.
Pros
Helping sick to terminally ill patients and making a difference.
Cons
Periodically no breaks, different supervisors constantly
It was ok for my first job as a Director
Director of Women's Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 15, 2012
I came to Las Vegas and loved my job. But before a year was out they did a corporate restructure and I lost my job. It was horrible. There was no jubo security and anyone who works at Valley Health System in management could be replaced very quickly.
Pros
the area
Cons
corporate culture
turnover very high, heavy workload,
nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  4th floorSeptember 28, 2012
The benefits were great. Workload was heavy, short-staffed all the time. High turnover rate. Management not getting to know staff. Hardest part about my job was coming to work . Loved my co-workers. When HR has to come in things have gotten real bad...
benefits
Cons
workloads, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9