Valley Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work but needs improvement in the Management area and team building area
IT (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2016
Benefits are great. Department teams are very team oriented. VHS creates a happy environment however not all employees are happy which is also to be expected. They care about patient satisfaction.
Employee satisfaction seems to be on the lower end of the spectrum as there are a lot of key departments that are lacking additional staff causing staff to turn over frequently and you are left with a lot of work to catch up on. This leads to employee burn out.

Cut backs with employees seem to occur anywhere from 2-3 years on average.

VHS sticks to their standards for their mission and values and do strive for the best health outcomes highlighting their efforts on patients first.
Pros
Great Benefits, longevity of employment
Cons
Education and continued education for leadship/management is poor
Very good job with a true desire to reward good employees
occupational therapist (Former Employee) –  las Vegas NVAugust 22, 2015
I truly loved my job at Valley. The people were really great and the atmosphere was relaxed and casual. I felt that the management was truly concerned with giving credit where credit was due. Raises were fair and management was fair. This was one of the most enjoyable jobs I've ever held. I stayed for several years.
Pros
nice co workers and management
Cons
infectious diseases
Great care.
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 3, 2015
Great hospital and great people.
I have learned so much about healthcare and human resources.
Good job advancement in place.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lot of employees
Credit / Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 11, 2016
This job offered several opportunities to train and learn many new thigs. They offer a lot of benefits to their employees and review those benefits annually.

This job taught me many things. I managed up to 30 staff members. I helped during the conversion from the McKesson AS400 computer system to the Epic system. I learned to be very flexible and to keep an open mind.

I enjoyed all of the people that I met and worked with. Everyone was very supportive.
Pros
Great co-workers
Valley Health System
ICU/CCU TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, VAJuly 1, 2013
Valley Health System allows the employees a safe and productive place to work. However, if you want to advance to a career other than nursing, don't count on Valley Health to want to keep you as an employee. They prefer people with experience and Bachelor's Degrees, over productive employees with proven history of being a good employee.
Overall, people are friendly and become part of a close knit work family quite quickly. Management is approachable and good to work for.
Pros
tuition assistance, benefits, discount program
Cons
short breaks, non-existent lunch breaks. calls at 5 in the morning for coverage if someone calls out.
Enjoyable place to work
Executive Secretary Nursing Administration (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAOctober 7, 2015
My position was a job share position. It was one full-time spot filled by two part-time employees. This was a great job very rewarding. Management here was great which created happy employees.
Aside from the distance I travel Valley is a good place to come to
Business Associate & Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJAugust 2, 2015
Working in patient care definitely is exciting and allow you to feel like you are making a difference. You learn that someone is always doing worst than you in one capacity or the other. The good thing about my job is the managers are trained to be fair. Valley seem to go out of their way the choose the right candidates, co-workers are for the most part good people. Each day can present some challenge however overall when I do my very best it works itself out. When ever I know I've done my very best to assist a patient, I'm left with a feeling of satisfaction.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Hospital located in a very prestigious location so some of the patients expects to be catered to.
Valley
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 5, 2016
Pays pretty well meet a lot of nice people and a lot of nasty supervisors plenty room for potential growth. Its a cool job I enjoyed it
Challenging but rewarding position
Emergency Department Nurse (Night Charge Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VANovember 2, 2015
Emergency room charge nurse on nights. Varied duties including triage of patients and supervision of night staff. Administration of medications and treatments, documentation and patient education.
Pros
Good night staff
Cons
very little flexibility with schedule
It was a great place to work
Emergency Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2015
I was at Valley Hospital Medical Center for 32 years. I worked with several great managers and employees. I loved working in one of the best Emergency Departments in the Las Vegas Valley.

Want to know more about Valley Health System?

Ask a question
Working at valley was enjoyable.I like the people that I worked with and the care we gave our patients.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2015
Running the respiratory dept. Was always exciting
From working with all the therapist to working with the physicians and residents.I learned something new everyday. Keeping up with new changes in respiratory care and working with all the patients to give them quality care.The hardest part would be not getting the support from management with staffing.But over all I loved what I do and being a respiratory therapist.
Pros
BEING A LEADER EDUCATING AND TRAINING THE THERAPIST AND THE PATIENTS AS WELL.
Cons
FEELING YOU ARE BEING WATCHED, LACK OF SUPORT FROM MANAGEMENT
Opportunity to grow
Intensive Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 6, 2015
There is great opportunity to grow here. Could do with little less politics. Co-workers are thoughtful and team work is encouraged.
Found it to be a fun place to work, excellent staff.
LEAD SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 3, 2014
Typical day is starting the morning with patient valuable collections from outpatient surgery's. Securing the items in the safe for them until after the surgery procedure. Dealing with the psych. Patients, sometimes patients get combative with the rn's and staff. Security's job is to help descalate the situation and place the combative patient into restraints if directed by the rn staff. You have great staff and coworkers to work with. Everyone wants to do there job and go home safely at the end of the day without injury. Dealing with the comabtive patients is the hardest part of the job. Hospital provides you with no tools in dealing with combative patients. They can hit, kick, and spit on you, as a staff member however administrations wants you to take it and detain the combative patient. Working with good coworkers in the security department and good rn and staff members in the e.R. Is the enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
hospital provides excellent medical benefits
Cons
working short staffed, over 2, 000 patient restraints this past year
Great place to work and fun
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2015
Best job I've ever had to achieve and expand my skills, my favorite part is to work with the strongest team at this company they call us "The Dream Team" the work are so hard because of the shortness of the staff, but still manageable with the right group..
Pros
Short break
Wonderful people to work for
Volunteer Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJNovember 6, 2015
Everyone was friendly. I performed office duties at The Center for Sleep Medicine, entered data on Excel worksheets, filed documents, and prepared mailings.
Flexible with great benifits
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 6, 2014
This place takes good care of their therapist. They give us a flexible daily schedule, with good benefits. We are not rushed from patient to patient. We can take the time needed to give the patient a quality therapeutic session.
Pros
flexible, good benefits, quality care
Cons
nursing/therapist communication, lower compensation
I work with a lot of very caring people.
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 16, 2012
My experience at Cape Fear Valley has been a rewarding one, I have been allowed an opportunity to work with great people, meet and service some wonderful patients and their families and gain some experience that I did not possess all at the same time.
Pros
discounts on a variety of things, good doctors in network, wonderful patients.
Cons
pay could be a little more and raises as well.
okay place to work
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 27, 2012
learned many jobs here learned to run all kinds of mill machinery, how to build cabinets, how to do schedule, paperwork how to pull and stock all kinds of material. worked there 21 years knew how to do almost every job in the plant. I like to move around a lot and learn as many jobs as I possible can.
Pros
good benefits good hours mon-fri set days
Cons
management, pay
The only thing good are the benefits
RN (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 9, 2012
I have worked here for over a year, NO chance of advancement, No chance of transferring between departments, unless you are related to someone. Favoritism/borderline racism at its finest. So, if you are white and not related to anyone, good luck!!
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
reverse racism, very cliquish, blatant favoritism

Comment – July 21, 2012

Reverse Racism is rampant in Las Vegas,,,hotels hospitals,,,the biggest employers are the worst

Comment – November 14, 2012

This post is so true.... You can't advance without knowing the department manager or if there is gossip in the surrounding areas as to when an opening is coming up and you can get to managment before anyone else does. This isn't always the case though. Management already knows who they want before the job goes to the board but they still interview people to make it look good. This is wrong people. How do outside applicants get a chance to get their foot into the door? I am a prior seven year employee of this company so I know this to be true.

Comment – November 17, 2012

So True. Reverse Racism and favoritism @ Valley Hosp, Las Vegas. I had to resign because I could see the writing on the wall. They seemed like they wanted me gone aftr my 1st wk. HORRIBLE. Lots of gossipers talking behind your back to make you appear you don't know what your doing. ( I did know what I was doing) they seemed to not like that I am intelligent. My Manager favored the young one (one in particular). He assigned her to train me and she wouldn't train me at all. She was his favorite so there you go!! Terrible experience @ Valley. Employers shouldn't hire people they ultimately don't want to keep!!

Watch your license
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 12, 2013
They are very cliquish. They have low standards for work performance. They alienate certain people and praise the low performers for substandard work. If you value your license and the idea of not being sued then I suggest you keep looking.
Pros
discounts
Cons
don't value staff, no raises, substandard pay, no personal time