Valley Health System

Valley Health System Employee Reviews

Aside from the distance I travel Valley is a good place to come to
Business Associate & Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Ridgewood, NJAugust 2, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: Hospital located in a very prestigious location so some of the patients expects to be catered to.
Working in patient care definitely is exciting and allow you to feel like you are making a difference. You learn that someone is always doing worst than you in one capacity or the other. The good thing about my job is the managers are trained to be fair. Valley seem to go out of their way the choose the right candidates, co-workers are for the most part good people. Each day can present some challenge however overall when I do my very best it works itself out. When ever I know I've done my very best to assist a patient, I'm left with a feeling of satisfaction.
WORKING AT VALLEY WAS ENJOYABLE.I LIKE THE PEOPLE THAT I WORKED WITH AND THE CARE WE GAVE OUR PATIENTS.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2015
Pros: BEING A LEADER EDUCATING AND TRAINING THE THERAPIST AND THE PATIENTS AS WELL.
Cons: FEELING YOU ARE BEING WATCHED, LACK OF SUPORT FROM MANAGEMENT
RUNNING THE RESPIRATORY DEPT. WAS ALWAYS EXCITING
FROM WORKING WITH ALL THE THERAPIST TO WORKING WITH THE PHYSICIANS AND RESIDENTS.I LEARNED SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY. KEEPING UP WITH NEW CHANGES IN RESPIRATORY CARE AND WORKING WITH ALL THE PATIENTS TO GIVE THEM QUALITY CARE.THE HARDEST PART WOULD BE NOT GETTING THE SUPPORT FROM MANAGEMENT WITH STAFFING.BUT OVER ALL I LOVED WHAT I DO AND BEING A RESPIRATORY THERAPIST.
Excellent
Health Processor/Billing (Former Employee), Hemet, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: worked comfortably with staff support.
Cons: Location poor envirnment.
Quite place to work Professionally, Management always available when needed, Staff are supportive to work with.I enjoyed working in this company although it is very short I had a good time with the staff.
Great learning environment and knowledgable staff.
PT Student (Former Employee), Las VegasMay 19, 2015
The hospital presented with a great learning environment and knowledgeable staff. Staff members demonstrated compassion and commitment to all patients and worked well within a multidisciplinary setting.
The majority of people working at Valley Hospital are good, hardworking, honest people, and I enjoyed working with them over the last 19 years.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2015
Pros: The staff are nice, friendly, honest and hard working
Cons: The administration tries to save money with minimal staffing, but this puts staff and patients in jeopardy when a crisis occurs.
The average work day in the recovery room expects 20 to 30 surgical patients made up of outpatients, inpatients, and a few patients expecting to go to the Intensive Care Unit after recovering. Additionally, there are about 10 patients having endoscopic procedures. The recovery room staff is a very cohesive unit helping each other as much as possible. The 4 - 6 nurses on duty alternate taking patients to provide each nurse an opportunity to stabilize the patient before getting another one. The hardest part of the job is holding patients for up to 12 hours while waiting for room assignments. This aggravates patients and their families because there is no space to hold patients and their families for extended periods in the recovery room.
The need for advanced IT infrastructure was achieved however it was gained at a cost
Manager of Network Security & Infrastructure (Former Employee), Hemet Valley, CAFebruary 3, 2015
The organization was far behind times as it pertained to IT Infrastructure and with that need they had a great vision. However, that goal came at a cost when the organization moved forward. They went bankrupt after the millions they pored into the IT infrastructure costing several good people to loose there positions. This however, has no reflection on the Hospital stall and administrators just poor financial planning. Overall it was a good company to work for but lacked the understanding of the IT financial costs associated with advancement.
great group of people to work for
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: 12 hours shifts, great people
Cons: only 30 minute lunch
I've been at this company for 13 years, they have been great to me and my family
Volunteer Office Clerk
Volunteer Office Clerk (Former Employee), Ridgewood, NJJanuary 6, 2015
Co-workers treated me very well. Supervisors were very helpful.
Excellent hospital with a caring staff.
Med/Surg/Oncology Care - Final Semester Precepting (Former Employee), Spokane Valley, WADecember 26, 2014
This was a great place to receive my final training. The staff was very helpful and taught me a great deal. We worked 8-hour shifts and I had up to 5 patients. It was great!
Strong team work
SECURITY MANAGER-EKG TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2014
Pros: making a patient feel better and less nervous about a procedure they are about to have.
Cons: not being able to spend as much time with certain patients when we are busy.
Direct administrative oversight of facility wide security staff, procedures, policies and global monitoring to assure the safety of patients, visitors and staff. Direct application of cardiology diagnostic testing.

Through management training I have learned an abundant amount of knowledge that will help me throughout my profession years.

Hardest part of the job is not enough time with the patients and the most enjoyable part of the job is spending time with patients and giving me the attention and hug if needed.
Steady Work and Very Busy Days
Clinical Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 28, 2014
Pros: travel to other hospitals, constant education
Cons: short staffed
Very busy during the day. Co-workers are great to work with.

The hardest part of the job is to keep up with the daily work demands and effectively finishing a task.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people with their application and computer issues and also adding additional items to the system to fix workflow process issues.
Flexible with great benifits
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 6, 2014
Pros: flexible, good benefits, quality care
Cons: nursing/therapist communication, lower compensation
This place takes good care of their therapist. They give us a flexible daily schedule, with good benefits. We are not rushed from patient to patient. We can take the time needed to give the patient a quality therapeutic session.
Friendly co workers, long term employees, great work environment
Patient Sitter (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2014
Pros: helping sick to terminally ill patients and making a difference.
Cons: periodically no breaks, different supervisors constantly
Everyday at Valley was different, different patients and situations, management was usually unclear because of constant change in supervisors but they were all approachable and talkative. Co-workers were amazing because everyone knew everybody and there was a strong sense of sportsmanship. The hardest part of the job was staying in 1 room with 1-2 patients and if the floor got busy, the CNAs and RNs were unable to relieve you for breaks throughout the 12 hour shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people who are unable to help themselves, talking with patients who have nobody to come visit them and knowing you made a difference in their stay.
productive workplace
Medical Analyst (Current Employee), Health Information DepartmentSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: the people who work there are great to work with.
Cons: because it is a smaller hospital the chance to move up is slim.
Valley Hospital health information department is a great place to work with a professional atmosphere. My day begins going over the papers and putting together the folders for the charts. After the charts are picked up and put in their folder they are assembled and analyzed for the coders to code them.
Page Memorial is a great place to work!
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Winchester, VASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: learning environment at wmc, family atmosphere at page
Cons: not enough staffing
While working for Valley Heatlh System, I worked at Winchester Medical Center and Page Memorial Hospital. Winchester Medical Center is a top 10 hospital in Virigina and its physicians, staff, and other personnel are the reason for this. They are very dedicated to their job and to taking care of the patients and the family. I enjoyed working at WMC because it was a good learning environment being a trauma center and a large hospital. At Page Memorial which is a critical access hospital only, it is a different environment. But an environment that I enjoyed immensely. The staff and physicians are like family there and they are very welcoming to new staff. While it is not a trauma center, they have a very busy ER dept that is very good at what they do. The staff of nursing and ancillary departments are exceptional people who do everything in their power to make the patient feel comfortable and get better as soon as possible. Both facilities with Valley Health System are excellent hospitals and both are great to work for.
great company to work for growth
System Director Business Development (Current Employee), Las Vegas NevadaAugust 11, 2014
Enjoy growth opportunities for those wanting to learn more about acute care experiences.
Good place to train
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Hemet, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great training
Cons: bad reputation
Great place for new nurse. Good nurses to guide you. No more to say. The site wants me to write more but I have no more to say......
Large ER, poor treatment of travelers
RN, FT - 7P-7A (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 4, 2014
Nothing else to say at this time

8 week travel assignment

non-employee benefits, none
Hospital
Team Leader (Former Employee), Front Royal, VAMarch 14, 2014
The best place I have ever worked. I loved my job and all co-workers even in different departments.
Great Team work environment
Clinical Supervisor/Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 7, 2014
A typical day at work consists of staffing, nightly patient assignments to staff nurses, assigning admissions. I also do leadership rounds on patients for safety and satisfaction. I enjoy acting as a patient advocate as well as doing teaching to the patients and fellow nurses. The hardest part of my job is having to more than six patients to a nurse when we are short staffed. The most enjoyable part of my job is being a team leader so that I can assist nurses and patients with education needs as well as advocating for both the nurses and the patients.
Employees