Valley Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and enjoyable workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 20, 2016
Enjoyable workplace where the management really stresses training and education of the staff. Valley Health System provides ample education and training to allow the staff to grow. Very supportive of staff's needs.
Credit / Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 11, 2016
This job offered several opportunities to train and learn many new thigs. They offer a lot of benefits to their employees and review those benefits annually.

This job taught me many things. I managed up to 30 staff members. I helped during the conversion from the McKesson AS400 computer system to the Epic system. I learned to be very flexible and to keep an open mind.

I enjoyed all of the people that I met and worked with. Everyone was very supportive.
Pros
Great co-workers
Great place to work but needs improvement in the Management area and team building area
IT (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2016
Benefits are great. Department teams are very team oriented. VHS creates a happy environment however not all employees are happy which is also to be expected. They care about patient satisfaction.
Employee satisfaction seems to be on the lower end of the spectrum as there are a lot of key departments that are lacking additional staff causing staff to turn over frequently and you are left with a lot of work to catch up on. This leads to employee burn out.

Cut backs with employees seem to occur anywhere from 2-3 years on average.

VHS sticks to their standards for their mission and values and do strive for the best health outcomes highlighting their efforts on patients first.
Pros
Great Benefits, longevity of employment
Cons
Education and continued education for leadship/management is poor
Valley
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 5, 2016
Pays pretty well meet a lot of nice people and a lot of nasty supervisors plenty room for potential growth. Its a cool job I enjoyed it
It was a great place to work
Emergency Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2015
I was at Valley Hospital Medical Center for 32 years. I worked with several great managers and employees. I loved working in one of the best Emergency Departments in the Las Vegas Valley.
Wonderful people to work for
Volunteer Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJNovember 6, 2015
Everyone was friendly. I performed office duties at The Center for Sleep Medicine, entered data on Excel worksheets, filed documents, and prepared mailings.
Challenging but rewarding position
Emergency Department Nurse (Night Charge Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VANovember 2, 2015
Emergency room charge nurse on nights. Varied duties including triage of patients and supervision of night staff. Administration of medications and treatments, documentation and patient education.
Pros
Good night staff
Cons
very little flexibility with schedule
Great place to work and fun
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2015
Best job I've ever had to achieve and expand my skills, my favorite part is to work with the strongest team at this company they call us "The Dream Team" the work are so hard because of the shortness of the staff, but still manageable with the right group..
Pros
Short break
Enjoyable place to work
Executive Secretary Nursing Administration (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAOctober 7, 2015
My position was a job share position. It was one full-time spot filled by two part-time employees. This was a great job very rewarding. Management here was great which created happy employees.
Opportunity to grow
Intensive Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 6, 2015
There is great opportunity to grow here. Could do with little less politics. Co-workers are thoughtful and team work is encouraged.

Want to know more about Valley Health System?

Ask a question
Great care.
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 3, 2015
Great hospital and great people.
I have learned so much about healthcare and human resources.
Good job advancement in place.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lot of employees
Very good job with a true desire to reward good employees
occupational therapist (Former Employee) –  las Vegas NVAugust 22, 2015
I truly loved my job at Valley. The people were really great and the atmosphere was relaxed and casual. I felt that the management was truly concerned with giving credit where credit was due. Raises were fair and management was fair. This was one of the most enjoyable jobs I've ever held. I stayed for several years.
Pros
nice co workers and management
Cons
infectious diseases
Aside from the distance I travel Valley is a good place to come to
Business Associate & Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJAugust 2, 2015
Working in patient care definitely is exciting and allow you to feel like you are making a difference. You learn that someone is always doing worst than you in one capacity or the other. The good thing about my job is the managers are trained to be fair. Valley seem to go out of their way the choose the right candidates, co-workers are for the most part good people. Each day can present some challenge however overall when I do my very best it works itself out. When ever I know I've done my very best to assist a patient, I'm left with a feeling of satisfaction.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Hospital located in a very prestigious location so some of the patients expects to be catered to.
Working at valley was enjoyable.I like the people that I worked with and the care we gave our patients.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2015
Running the respiratory dept. Was always exciting
From working with all the therapist to working with the physicians and residents.I learned something new everyday. Keeping up with new changes in respiratory care and working with all the patients to give them quality care.The hardest part would be not getting the support from management with staffing.But over all I loved what I do and being a respiratory therapist.
Pros
BEING A LEADER EDUCATING AND TRAINING THE THERAPIST AND THE PATIENTS AS WELL.
Cons
FEELING YOU ARE BEING WATCHED, LACK OF SUPORT FROM MANAGEMENT
Excellent
Health Processor/Billing (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMay 28, 2015
Quite place to work Professionally, Management always available when needed, Staff are supportive to work with.I enjoyed working in this company although it is very short I had a good time with the staff.
Pros
worked comfortably with staff support.
Cons
Location poor envirnment.
Great learning environment and knowledgable staff.
PT Student (Former Employee) –  Las VegasMay 19, 2015
The hospital presented with a great learning environment and knowledgeable staff. Staff members demonstrated compassion and commitment to all patients and worked well within a multidisciplinary setting.
The majority of people working at Valley Hospital are good, hardworking, honest people, and I enjoyed working with them over the last 19 years.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2015
The average work day in the recovery room expects 20 to 30 surgical patients made up of outpatients, inpatients, and a few patients expecting to go to the Intensive Care Unit after recovering. Additionally, there are about 10 patients having endoscopic procedures. The recovery room staff is a very cohesive unit helping each other as much as possible. The 4 - 6 nurses on duty alternate taking patients to provide each nurse an opportunity to stabilize the patient before getting another one. The hardest part of the job is holding patients for up to 12 hours while waiting for room assignments. This aggravates patients and their families because there is no space to hold patients and their families for extended periods in the recovery room.
Pros
The staff are nice, friendly, honest and hard working
Cons
The administration tries to save money with minimal staffing, but this puts staff and patients in jeopardy when a crisis occurs.
The need for advanced IT infrastructure was achieved however it was gained at a cost
Manager of Network Security & Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Hemet Valley, CAFebruary 3, 2015
The organization was far behind times as it pertained to IT Infrastructure and with that need they had a great vision. However, that goal came at a cost when the organization moved forward. They went bankrupt after the millions they pored into the IT infrastructure costing several good people to loose there positions. This however, has no reflection on the Hospital stall and administrators just poor financial planning. Overall it was a good company to work for but lacked the understanding of the IT financial costs associated with advancement.
great group of people to work for
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2015
I've been at this company for 13 years, they have been great to me and my family
Pros
12 hours shifts, great people
Cons
only 30 minute lunch
Volunteer Office Clerk
Volunteer Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJanuary 6, 2015
Co-workers treated me very well. Supervisors were very helpful.