Valley Health

Valley Health Employer Reviews

Fair place to work at.
Collection Associate / Authorization Rep. (Current Employee), Winchester, VAMarch 5, 2014
Great supervisor, nice working enviroment. The depatment I am in has a good connection with each other. Have been here for 17 years. Only looking to leave due to relocating.
Billed thrid party insurances
Insurance Clerk/Eligibility (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJanuary 8, 2014
The outpatient surgery center's environment was great. My position was to work with patients, representatives from other doctor's offices and insurances. Some of the duties included scheduling appointments, worked directly with patients, and billed & collected monies from insurance companies.

Management was great and worked very well with all of the – more... outpatient personnel. – less
Poor management and poor compensation
Nurse (Current Employee), Critical careDecember 11, 2013
Pros: coworkers, close to home
Cons: need for antidepressants working in these conditions
Valley Health has a monopoly on healthcare in Shenandoah Valley and has cut wages and benefits for the last two years.
They seem to care little for the employees.
Nurses are forced to take unreasonable assignments and management will harass you if you speak up.
The best nurses are forced to stop reporting concerns or work in a hostile environment.
One – more... of few options in the Valley for professional nurses so many put up with poor working environment rather than have a long commute or relocate. – less
Great first time job
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Herkimer, NYJuly 26, 2013
Pros: getting to know your residents
When I first got to work I would bring residents to the cafeteria when all residents where in cafeteria I handed out trays after all trays were handed out I would go and make residents beds and every now and then go check to see if any residents were ready to come back to the floor after all bed where made and residents were back from cafeteria and – more... beds were made I would go around with the snack cart and offer snacks to residents then I would bring residents to cafeteria for lunch after lunch I would bring residents who smoked outside or did errands for the nurse. – less
Internship
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), French Lick, INJuly 23, 2013
What a great opportunity to make sure this was the career path that I was truly wanting and going to pursue. This gave me the outlook that I just needed, showing me that this is what I desired to do for the rest of my life.
It was ok...
RN (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJuly 17, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: compensation, management, don't care about employees
Worked there for 10+ years and really enjoyed my position, however, job security is horrendous. Don't get sick or have to miss time due to extended illness. Saw many people lose their jobs during my time there. Management sucks; the one good manager we had in our department was "let go" only to be followed by rapidly changing line-up. Pay was ok...could – more... have been better. Like the other reviews say, Valley Health has a monopoly in the area, buying up more and more facilities to add to the family, but failing to take care of those who really run the home. – less
My job is alway challenging and changing. I love it!
Executive Secretary (Current Employee), Winchester, VAMarch 27, 2013
Pros: very pleasant work environment. great people.
I am extremely happy at Valley Health. I have been there for 15 years. Valley Health is a great place to work. I work for three executives. Every day is a new challenge.
Productive and fun work environment with many different types of people.
Cashier/Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Romney, WVFebruary 22, 2013
I liked working at Valley Health. There are all sorts of people that work there, which I enjoyed because I am a people person. I enjoyed the fast-paced environment. I also enjoyed never knowing what to expect in a typical day.
Working enviorment can be overwellming
Reesident Assistant (Former Employee), Herkimer, NYFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: residents are extreamly sweet
Cons: co-workers can be very rude
Working on a 32 room unit can be overwellming at first. The residents are vrey nice and have a lot of intrasting stories about their past and what they've wittnest. Most of the co-workers on the other hand can be very rude. They also will lie about anything to keep them selves out of troble.
Good team support
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: 12 hour shifts allowed for free weekdays to make appointments.
Cons: high stress, short breaks and long shifts, no room to advance.
I worked in the emergency room registering patients and ordering needed test from the lab. I made follow up appointments when needed. The hardest part of the job was working with families of accident victims and working the night shift. I like being part of the team and we were supportive of each other.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Woodstock, VADecember 10, 2012
Great people and great team enviroment. They work as a family when there is someone in need, whether within the hospital or outside of the hospital.
Good company to retire with based on work ethic
Insurance Representative (Former Employee), Winchester, VAOctober 18, 2012
Pros: standard work schedules
Cons: mostly phonework
You have to work under pressure and deadlines. Co-workers were helpful and management for willing to help.
Nepatism and favoritism, racially bias
I.S. Operation Support Analyst (Current Employee), Winchester, VAAugust 13, 2012
Pros: at least you have a job
Cons: short breaks, disregard for employees on lower levels
I would not recommend this employer to anyone of color. It is a place where who you know and who you brown nose with is how you get a job and keep it.
If you are an LPN chances of growth is poor, but work expected is the same as any other nurse
Intake LPN (Former Employee), Winchester, VaJuly 3, 2012
Cons: just a poor place to be since it monopolizes the area
company do not allow growth with LPN's yet you are expected to carry a full load of similar pt's as the RN's, you are reminded daily that your choices are limited no matter how much experience you have.
If you are having an issue with your supervisor, your chances of getting problems solved are null/void and often with consequences.
Bottom Line: Not – more... the place to be if you are an LPN, salary the worst in area, I also worked at an Nursing home/Rehab and made $4.00 more per hour with benefits. – less
Substandard Wages, Limited Advancement Opportunities, and Hit-or-Miss Managment
n/a (Former Employee), n/aJune 1, 2012
Pros: occasional employee incentives that make work fun sometimes.
Cons: short breaks and lunches, over worked
With its monopoly over the Shenandoah Valley in all aspects of the healthcare field, Valley Health pays its employees lower than most surrounding systems and gets away with it because there are no other options available except a few doctor's offices or small healthcare facilities that are not much better. The advancement incentives and opportunities – more... are limited at best and their merit increase system is a joke. The management is hit-or-miss with some managers doing a great job, and others that leave you filled with dread for your job security on a daily basis. Overall, the job security isn't all that bad if you get in the right position with the right management. The entire system has "cut the fat to the bone" literaly where everyone is doing 3 to 5 jobs a person. It didn't used to be this way. When they instituted their " Total Rewards Program" the rewards the employees may have been getting went completely out the window. They have cut all merit increases to the absolute minimum and have not even touched the bonuses and compensation for the higher ups and administration. They have continued to expand the properties while continually taking away from the average employee. In short if you live in the Shenandoah Valley and work in healthcare, you will want to consider either commuting to the DC metropolitan area or moving to another area entirely. No one that this person knows that has worked for this company previously has ever regretting leaving it. – less
Great place to learn from great variety of patients (400+ regional hospital)
Staff RN (Former Employee), Winchester, VAMay 22, 2012
Cons: high staff turn-over, low morale of employees
Managed the care of 5 to 6 patients on a fast paced telemetry unit.

About Valley Health

Valley Health is a full service, regional health care system serving the Northern Shenandoah Valley of VA, WV, and MD. As a non-profit – Read more