Valley Health Employee Reviews

Clinical Data Abstraction
Clinical Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VA 22601December 14, 2017
Great place to work, excellent training and work environment. Staff and employees make the office feel like a family environment. Top notch communication with upper management and co workers.
Saff Technologist
Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 6, 2017
Worked in both Diagnostic Radiology and Computed Tomography. Took call for Radiology, worked weekends, did ER, Outpatient, And in house CAT scans and Xrays.
Pros
The people I worked with
ED Clinical Manager
Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILDecember 6, 2017
She is always willing to help, is fair and unbiased, is trust-worthy and supportive, truly cares about her employees. She is like a mother to all of us.
Enjoyed working with the co-workers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 28, 2017
Loved working with the Doctors, Nurses, Maintenance, Housekeeping, and all the Law Enforcement Officers that came in. The job was very interesting at times when there was action going on (wrecks, dui's, fights)
Pros
Many friendly people entering and leaving hospital
Cons
The ego of some of the employees.
productive
Enviromental Services (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 14, 2017
steady paced, the hours were great. the benefits were good, never used them.i had no issues with management. co-workers were helpful and friendly.the only part of the job that was confusing was getting used to the basement hallways in order to find your way around.
Pros
hours
Cons
it's a nice place to work, something is always going on, you're appreciated
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 8, 2017
Kind of busy at the beginning of shift then balances out. I learned Hou to do sugar checks, , management is very nice, easy going and easy to get along with, accommodating, doing a full code is the hardest part of the job, he most enjoyable part is making a difference feeling needed and appreciated
Pros
employee health is easily accessible, gym on site, everything you need is right there on campus
Cons
too far a drive, didn't pay me what I was told I'd be making, learning the different websites you have to look up
Valley health growing rapidly
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 8, 2017
Valley health is hospital based and taking over everything everywhere. No matter what department you work in its very stressful, and fast paced. if you can work under pressure you will do just fine.
Pros
lots of job locations
Cons
low pay
Workplace Culture
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 6, 2017
The people who work at Valley Health are amazing. The men and women on my unit are some of the best people I have ever met and you never feel like you're alone. There is always someone willing and able to help.
great
Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 11, 2017
great people, great management, great equipment, great facility, great benefits, great pay, great support, great supplies, great doctors, wonderful patients
okay
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 7, 2017
its a job when you dont have many options and need to pay bills. Getting you foot in the door so you can further your education and career opportunites =.
Did not enjoy my time here
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, VA 22664October 3, 2017
Shoddy management, but great benefits. Excellent PTO system gave you practically unlimited time off. Great insurance. Pay was alright for our area. What made this job difficult was management and HR couldn't get on the same page. We were often lied to about policy from management. Also, nurses were allowed to get away with lots of unacceptable behavior (poor treatment of patients, goofing off on the clock, shopping online on the clock, etc) that when pointed out to management was scoffed at and pushed aside. The comment "they're paid for what they know, not what they do" was made to us from head of HR at the time (this person is no longer head of HR; go figure). We were often forced to work when sick as doctor's notes do not excuse you for an illness. Three sick days are allowed and then you can be terminated. I myself worked with a bad flu (temp at 102 degrees) because sick days count against you even with a doctor's note. They call themselves a "non-profit entity" but their sole purpose is to make money and to push patients through quickly in order to make lots of money. This is shown in the fact that people who walk through their doors are not called "patients," they're called "customers" by management. Bottom line, I would not recommend this company to anyone. Good benefits do not overcome the bad management.
Pros
good benefits, Pto, insurance, good hours
Cons
bad management, bad policies, poor patient treatment
Not sure about job security
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas Valley, NVSeptember 28, 2017
Very stressful place to work. The expectations are very high and not enough staff for the daily workload, new supervisors in a very short time and that creates lots of confusion.
Pros
very close to home
Cons
too many promises and no action
just a job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALSeptember 25, 2017
I did like working for them,yet there were times when they would put me in overtime with out asking or letting us know till last min yet the people i worked with were friendly people to work with.
Pros
I like the people i work with.
Cons
It seem like the did care about the employee.
Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 18, 2017
I loved working for this employer..... Enjoy my time there but unfortunately had to quit due to vehicle breaking down..... Its quick-paced but the staff was always willing to teaxh and train.....
Pros
More hands on, excellent teaching facility, well training staff...
Cons
good
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VASeptember 17, 2017
Worked full time hours but hired as part time. Manager listened to complaints but did not remedy them. Very stressful to work with no help which is why I am seeking new employment
Pros
hours
Cons
short staffed
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Insurance Biller (Former Employee) –  Winchester, NVSeptember 11, 2017
Manager was awesome. Job was rewarding. Coworkers awesome. The benefits were good. Working conditions very good. Enjoyed helping patients with insurance.
Is a productive work place,the members are fun and friendly,is a perfect place to work.
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJAugust 15, 2017
I like to work to valley hospital ,is a productive and fun place to be.I like fast pace work.The staff and the management are very nice and friendly.we try our best to make the patients satisfied.
Good Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, VAAugust 3, 2017
I can't say anything really bad about them. Good job I got alone with my co workers but the housekeeping supervisor really shrud and lies and that's the only reason for the 3 stars. HR is good though
Camaraderie with staff is wonderful
Clinical Nurse III/Anticoagulation Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 27, 2017
It's been awhile since I worked at VH, but I enjoyed working there, when I was employed. The best thing is the co-workers. Great co-workers, fun too
Pros
Fair, helpful, friendly environment
Cons
Long days...12 hours, but that is the choice of many nurses.
always exciting
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA 22601July 26, 2017
This was a level 2 500 bed trauma center which brought something new each day. I very much enjoyed working there but had to put in my 2 weeks due to a change in my location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Health. Our community is ready to answer.