Valley Health Employee Reviews

Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 18, 2017
I loved working for this employer..... Enjoy my time there but unfortunately had to quit due to vehicle breaking down..... Its quick-paced but the staff was always willing to teaxh and train.....
Pros
More hands on, excellent teaching facility, well training staff...
Cons
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Insurance Biller (Former Employee) –  Winchester, NVSeptember 11, 2017
Manager was awesome. Job was rewarding. Coworkers awesome. The benefits were good. Working conditions very good. Enjoyed helping patients with insurance.
Is a productive work place,the members are fun and friendly,is a perfect place to work.
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJAugust 15, 2017
I like to work to valley hospital ,is a productive and fun place to be.I like fast pace work.The staff and the management are very nice and friendly.we try our best to make the patients satisfied.
Good Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, VAAugust 3, 2017
I can't say anything really bad about them. Good job I got alone with my co workers but the housekeeping supervisor really shrud and lies and that's the only reason for the 3 stars. HR is good though
Camaraderie with staff is wonderful
Clinical Nurse III/Anticoagulation Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 27, 2017
It's been awhile since I worked at VH, but I enjoyed working there, when I was employed. The best thing is the co-workers. Great co-workers, fun too
Pros
Fair, helpful, friendly environment
Cons
Long days...12 hours, but that is the choice of many nurses.
always exciting
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA 22601July 26, 2017
This was a level 2 500 bed trauma center which brought something new each day. I very much enjoyed working there but had to put in my 2 weeks due to a change in my location.
Busy work place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Gay, WVJuly 18, 2017
Valley Health was an extremely busy work place. The office was always very clean and welcoming to both patients and employees. I enjoyed my time there.
Happy work place
Charge LPN (Current Employee) –  Herkimer, NYJuly 16, 2017
Obviously I enjoy working at valley health, returned 3 times. The resident's are the ones that keep me returning. Plus location. And I really enjoy the team I work with
Pros
No mandating
Cons
Could pay more with better health benefit package
A rewording place to work.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 15, 2017
It's not a bad place to work. management for my department needs work. It's great opening early and getting off early. The benefits are great & the people I work with are wonderful.
Pros
insurance
Cons
too many children in rooms
Great Job, Great Opportunity.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 29, 2017
During my time as Security officer at Winchester Medical Center I have learned a lot especially with public relations. We deal directly with the public and are experienced with some of the worst times in people's lives. We are here for public support and when needed we step up to take care of business.
Pros
Vacation time, benefits.
Cons
Salary range.
Clean and well managed place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Springs, WVJune 27, 2017
It was like a big family within our housekeeping crew. The down fall with working in our department is there was a lot of drama and too much favoritism within the bosses and the ones who worked there for a long time. Too much stuff was looked over and thrown under the rug. Other than that I loved working there. It wasn't an easy job, but it was a steady work day. There was things that needed done all day long. Some days I was busy I felt like I didn't have time for a break. But that defiantly made my work days fly by. My most enjoyable part of the day was taking breaks with my co-workers. My co-workers were awesome..
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Short breaks, drama
Not very organized
Laundry Associate (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 23, 2017
Working with valley health was very stressful. Not only did we not always have the linen that we needed, but we also didn't always have the staff we needed either. Not only did I have to do my job I also had to other people jobs when they would call out. When our supervisor wasn't there and we had an issue, I would reach out and there would be no response so I was the one who had to either figure out where we could short other departments, to make what we have last or call the linen company that we dealt with to see if they could send another truck.
Pros
discounts on activities and places
Cons
didn't really take care of their employees
Good Work environment, Great Health care organization always looking to expand services
Cardiac Rehab Tech (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 14, 2017
Valley Health is a highly ranked healthcare organization that offers a wide range of services from Cancer care to Heart and Vascular services. I would recommend Valley Health as a great place to work.
awesome place to work
food prep, cleaning, customer care (Current Employee) –  Romney, WVJune 8, 2017
best job ever i love my job its a very good job i have fun work with great people .lomng hours but the best envirement too.ilove my manager too shes awesome
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not any
very busy
Community Nurse Case Manager/ Field clinician (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 4, 2017
see 5-7 patients per day,
have learnt self scheduling and gotten better at delegation of duties,
traveling a large service area in one day in a timely manner
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
work load
Fine unless you get sick. Management does not care about you whatso ever
Staff registered nurse / relief charge (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 28, 2017
Always under staffed told to suck it up! Very clicky. Been a nurse for 40yrs worst place I ever worked! A lot of gossip and back stabbing. I worked there for 5yrs got injured on the job and eventually fired
Pros
Good pay unless you get cancelled
Cons
Short breaks
A good company that could be better.
Lab Courier (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 25, 2017
Valley Health is a good company but they seem to really under-appreciate their employees. The pay is subpar and there seems to be no loyalty from the management toward the employees.
Pros
discounts on meals and health care bills
Cons
low pay, no loyalty
lots of education opportunities and room for advancement
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 22, 2017
many career opportunities with help for education. room for advancement in career. many departments to work for. pay is low for the work that is expected and insurance is not the best.
Absolutely loved the environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 18, 2017
I loved my time at Valley Health. The environment was amazing. My coworkers were great and my supervisor was always understanding if something in life came up.
ok
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 23, 2017
Great benefits and pay but no room to grown and advance. Flexible working hours but always want you to work. Even when off want you to work make up time. No balance with home life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Health. Our community is ready to answer.