Valley Health Employee Reviews

Absolutely loved the environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 18, 2017
I loved my time at Valley Health. The environment was amazing. My coworkers were great and my supervisor was always understanding if something in life came up.
ok
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 23, 2017
Great benefits and pay but no room to grown and advance. Flexible working hours but always want you to work. Even when off want you to work make up time. No balance with home life.
Sterile Core Technician (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA 22601April 21, 2017
Got to work at 7p worked the night shift until 7a. I learned a lot in my many years here in the Labor and Delivery department. the culture was good, had to leave because couldn't work night shift any longer due to child care situation.
Excellent management and working team members
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 20, 2017
Typical day at work: Productive and pleasant
]
What your learned: Improved medical knowledge

Management: Excellent

Workplace culture: Pleasant and harmonic.

The hardest part of the job: Productivity requirements

The most enjoyable part of the job: Pleasant work environment and excellent salary and benefits.
Pros
Salary, benefits, and pleasant work environment
Do not work here
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 18, 2017
Valley Health doesn't care about it's employees. You will be expected to not only perform one full time job, but as many additional full time jobs as they can pile on you until you break. And you had better not get sick either, because if you get sick then look for a corrective action. You know, for being sick.
The benefits are the worst I have ever had, and I find that disgraceful considering that it is a medical provider. Again, they care nothing for their employees.
If you live somewhere that you can't get out in snowstorms you can either sleep on dirty old cots in some hospital room and not see your family, or again you can take a corrective action. OR, in some departments, work on your day off. Because that's such a great alternative...
The pay is low, not Walmart low, but still very low, at least for office employees. This area has a high COL and they are one of the main employers but that doesn't seem to matter. Live in a box but make sure you show up for work.
As for the workplace culture, you will be talked about behind your back and smiled at to your face. No one here is your friend. Absolutely no one.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
benefits, pay, work culture, work life balance
Nice Place to work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Romney, WVMarch 21, 2017
Nice place to be. Your people take care of you and help you every step of the way when it is needed! Team work is great and every one gets a long! They are with you every step of the way!
Over 400 bed trauma center located in Winchester, VA
ENTRY LEVEL REGISTERED NURSE - EMERGENCY ROOM (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 16, 2017
Winchester Medical Center has great benefits and pay. It is a very fast pasted place to work, however the work environment can be unfriendly and competitive.
My work experience
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Chilhowie, VAMarch 1, 2017
Hard work low pay.Huge turnover in employees .The hardest part is being constantly understaffed. It is very demanding and for the pay it is just not equally balanced. The best part is getting to know the residents and them getting to know me.They will always be fondly remembered and the reason I have stayed there this long.No comment on management.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short or no breaks
Excellent work environment
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 28, 2017
A typical day of work entailed taking xrays in the emergency room. I worked the night shift so I primarily dealt with people who came in after a car crash or some other injury they received during the evening hours.
liked it
AA/CMO (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 26, 2017
would go back the only reason I left was a change of pace and wanted to advance my career, staff was nice to work with, facility was well taken care of
Employee Review
Operating Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 22, 2017
The absolute best employer I have had.
I loved everything about my job in the OR. I loved the people and made some amazing friends along the way, as well as learning a lot
Great orientation and welcoming coworkers.
RN II (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 18, 2017
My orientation is one of the best I've ever experienced. Everyone works as a team and there is always someone willing to help if needed. Short staffed at times but still a manageable assignment.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay and benefits
Great company to work for!
Registered Nurse (RN II) (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 13, 2017
We begin with the morning shift reports then introduce ourselves to the patients. We then obtain vitals and view the pt med profiles. Meds are pulled and given if parameters are met. Then the patients attend several groups throughout the day. In this work environment everyone helps where there is a need. I enjoy seeing improvements in my patients. The hardest part for me is too not see any improvements.
Lots of transitions happening
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 7, 2017
There are many well meaning people here. They are attempting to roll out too many changes at once with not enough staff. The desire is there for this to be a fantastic place to work. The pay is not on par with the level of patience needed to wait on these changes.
Excellent work place
Neurodiagnostic Technologist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 11, 2017
this was one of the most amazing places to work . i felt like i was at home had a great day every day. made me feel an appreciation for my work and co-workers.
The hospital was in Ridgewood NJ not Virginia
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJanuary 7, 2017
The hospital was well organized everyone worked well together enjoyed working there,management was great they were there for you if you needed to talk about anything I loved working there no complaints
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion, VADecember 29, 2016
Valley was an environment filled with people who simply wanted todo their jobs and provide great healthcare to geriatric patients. They were fast, effective, and caring, always paying close attention to detail.
Poor New Hire Training
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, VADecember 13, 2016
The new hire training was totally unorganized and outdated. The boss did not ask for feedback, nor accepted feedback, on poor training methods. Gossip in the facility was pretty disappointing. Communication from 'lead' employees and from the director was pretty poor as well. I also found it strange that they only seem to hire people who have relatives already working in the facility. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
required (free) CPR class through AHA
Cons
pay, work environment, poor leadership
i enjoyed every bit of it
resident assistant/cna/pct (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaDecember 6, 2016
I loved it so much.it was awesome, its my favorite place of work despite of being denied leave time. I worked at the ECF department
very nice to work for
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 5, 2016
I worked with Valley Health and learned a lot in dealing with patients and had very nice co-workers. The hours were a little too long. Did not enjoy working every other weekend and being part time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valley Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9